Duo advice

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I have a friend who decided to level an elementalist and I am planning on making an alt to go with them. I was wondering if any of you had some advice of what class would compliment them?

We primarily do WvW. With these characters we are hoping to do smaller skirmishes, stopping supply runners, as well as capping and holding supply camps.

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Any kind of tanky support. Guardian, engineer, ele, or any other support build that appeals to you.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Galrond.5972

Galrond.5972

Any kind of tanky support.

I would say glass canon thief, because D/D is already tanky support. Also knockdowns out of stealth would be quite nasty.

Keep them busy/knocked down while the thief bursts them.

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

Any kind of tanky support.

I would say glass canon thief, because D/D is already tanky support. Also knockdowns out of stealth would be quite nasty, especially with culling.

Keep them busy/knocked down while the thief bursts them.

That would make an incredibly lethal combo in sPVP. Or in WvW for that matter.

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

I can’t really give you the answer you want because I haven’t played Elementalist much but I can tell you that Ele tends to be squishy and so a Warrior/Guardian would help.
If you’re not in to heavy’s then maybe Necro (a lot of health and survivability thanks to death shroud).

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malicious.6742

Malicious.6742

Dbl ele is AoE spam fest

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

I can’t really give you the answer you want because I haven’t played Elementalist much but I can tell you that Ele tends to be squishy and so a Warrior/Guardian would help.
If you’re not in to heavy’s then maybe Necro (a lot of health and survivability thanks to death shroud).

Problem with that is that people know necro is tanky and has sub-par damage if they spec for tanking or DS stacking, so they’ll focus the poor ele down then take their time with the necro. Ele has far more DPS and control potential, because to be frank the Necro’s fear in pvp is weak because of short fear times and long cooldowns. IMO warrior has a better fear mechanic because it lasts long enough to actually be effective without having to forge an entire build around it.

So burn the elementalist first because they’re squishy if they’re DPS…. which 70% of players as a whole are.

I know this because that’s what I would do.

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Thief + Ele = epic win

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

Thank you for the advice all!

I already have a thief, so I am going to level an elementalist so we have options.

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

more eles = more combos = more awesome. I never have more fun than pure ele groups :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

You provide lots of distraction flashing pretty colors on your ele, while your dps-built thief friend sneaks up for quick kills. Can’t go wrong with that duo. Also, both professions roam with a perma movespeed bonus, so you can keep up with one another with ease.

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Goblin.1586

Goblin.1586

I’d have to say thief. I’ve been duo-ing with a thief ever since I met one, haha. (Check my vid!)

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I think another Ele or Def speced warrior . 2 highly skilled bunkers can take on a mini zerg. Where if you team with a high burst toon chances are the class cannon will get killed in a long fight and leave you high and dry.

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

I’d say Mesmer. It is agile in combat, both of you will benefit of the clones and the cover they provide as well as AOE negation effects like null field. Later on Ele can mass bleed targets and Mesmer can throw mass confusion (through shatter trait giving confusion on f1-f4 use). Mesmer can aslo benefit from Ele’s swiftness bonuses. Two eles would be also quite good. The drawback is that such combo will become powerful after lv 30 It may require a bit more tactics at some point though.

It is my belief duos should use toons that are similar to game play as otherwise one class may need to catch up with the other.

Guardian is slower so the ele will mainly benefit from boons(well protection too). I see it as a nice combo.
Anyway it really does not matter much, play as you like – the most important thing is to enjoy your toon

P.S. Ele+Mes is still my favorite though If the Mesmer is Human, Elemental+Hounds of Balthazar as elite skill combo will be devastating.

(edited by Azrael.1408)

Duo advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I’m a semi-bunker Ele, I duo WvW with a full glass canon thief, we combine my tanky-ness with extreme mobility and his quite frankly OP dps. We basically run around taking out larger groups, however any player who know’s his profession really well and know’s yours well enough to combo with you should be good enough. Except for Rangers, still free kills I’m afraid!

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro