ELEtism Discussion #1: Losing Arcane

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

That condition problem might be solved the 10th, when we’ll get a Fire trait that counters conditions.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

isn’t it kind of a pointless thread until we definitifly know what/how will be changed?

its funny to see the armageddon-scenarios some people coming up here with numbers and percents based on speculation.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Skilled S/D roamers crush you within 0.2 seconds.

Snd Vs the Classic DnD , is a fight tha i, as a classic dnd player , avoid.

Because they have the range upperhand over you with CC with similar benefits.

However, in havoc groups, the SnD ele dies like paper first because he is the most obvious easy target. So 1v1, yes snd, havoc, no

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Snip

15 hours in WvW and you “barely play PvP” yet you have strong (false) opinions about D/D.

I’ve played it for hundreds of hours, and tested just about every variant of the build, and various S/D builds.

S/D doesn’t topple D/D for roaming, movement, sustainability. It does top it for overall burst.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Lets see how these builds pan out now.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I have tried all of these builds and most of them have just felt clunky to me…
Has anyone else had any success using these builds?

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

18th December:
Arcane as effective as it used to be. Nothing much changed in my build spec. If I went for an optimal, comfortable build I’ll always have 20 water, 30 arcana. If I went for full Dps I’m losing Arcana to 10 points.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

Yea the first d/d skeleton isn’t that bad 0/10/10/20/0 with 30 points left for wherever. Personally I’ve been running 2 different builds a 0/10/10/20/30 build and a 0/0/20/20/30(pretty much one of the variants of the classic d/d ele) build thee both run pretty well and aren’t as clunky and can be used with different weapon sets. I know the whole point of the patch was to get us out of arcane and water but for my play style those two trait lines help keep me alive. I just hope they don’t nerf them.

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

Yea the first d/d skeleton isn’t that bad 0/10/10/20/0 with 30 points left for wherever. Personally I’ve been running 2 different builds a 0/10/10/20/30 build and a 0/0/20/20/30(pretty much one of the variants of the classic d/d ele) build thee both run pretty well and aren’t as clunky and can be used with different weapon sets. I know the whole point of the patch was to get us out of arcane and water but for my play style those two trait lines help keep me alive. I just hope they don’t nerf them.

They probably don’t feel bad to you because they still have 30 in Arcana. I actually meant if there were any builds which didn’t go all the way into Arcana which have been effective.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

All is Vain

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I tried running my build with Diamond Skin and it didn’t feel comfortable to play with at all. I found that with a cleric’s amulet (which is what I run for my bunker) I only need to take around 1000-2000 damage for Diamond Skin to be negligible. I’ve played around 20 tPvP matches with it so far and I have found it to be useless in a competitive match.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

(edited by Mash Hog.5672)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

I tried running my build with Diamond Skin and it didn’t feel comfortable to play with at all. I found that with a cleric’s amulet (which is what I run for my bunker) I only need to take around 1000-2000 damage for Diamond Skin to be negligible. I’ve played around 20 tPvP matches with it so far and I have found it to be useless in a competitive match.

Which is funny, because every single necromancer in the WvW forums claims how gamebreaking it is for them and that the world had suddenly become a mayhem of absolutely unbeatable diamond skin eles. According to the prophecies foretold in that forum they are literally no longer able to leave their keeps without getting swarmend by this specific type of ele so they can no longer enjoy the game and will all quit (obviously).

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

They’re trolls who haven’t even played ele to be able to comment like that. They likely faced one tanky ele and ran to the forums.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

I tried zerker/tanky builds with staff with 10-20 pts in arcane and always go back to 30… For a balanced/bunker build Evasive Arcana is simply too versatile for me – a decent burn, heal/cleanse, and cripple/blast finisher on-demand is orgasmic. Although I do run 20/0/0/20/30 with Burning Fire which is somewhat useful.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dostunuz.3982

dostunuz.3982

20 points in Arcane is a must for me. Seriously this is how you kitten a class Anet gg.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinenryu.6351

Shinenryu.6351

20 points in Arcane is a must for me. Seriously this is how you kitten a class Anet gg.

I agree. Playing without Arcane Traits doesn’t provide viable builds, but those suggested by Mash Dog on the first post were quite interesting. Too bad D-Skin is quite useless.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I’m thinking of a Tempest Defense/Aurashare Build:

0/30/0/30/10

Or 0/30/10/30/0

I can’t decide whether I want to take the perma-vigor or the AoE Protection.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

0/30/0/30/10

Or 0/30/10/30/0

Both work, but I prefer the protection with the aurashare build. I’m not a huge fan of aurashare, however. I feel to be really viable it would need to be a master trait rather than grandmaster, OR have a larger effective radius.

I don’t play tPvP though, just WvW, the size of the cap points might make aurashare range more bearable in there. I’ve even had some success with a 4-signet fire-aura build in WvW, so take my opinions with a massive dose of “silly Thrashbarg, WvW is for ______ (insert favorite insults here)”.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

0/30/0/30/10

Or 0/30/10/30/0

Both work, but I prefer the protection with the aurashare build. I’m not a huge fan of aurashare, however. I feel to be really viable it would need to be a master trait rather than grandmaster, OR have a larger effective radius.

I don’t play tPvP though, just WvW, the size of the cap points might make aurashare range more bearable in there. I’ve even had some success with a 4-signet fire-aura build in WvW, so take my opinions with a massive dose of “silly Thrashbarg, WvW is for ______ (insert favorite insults here)”.

This is considering that I play it in a tPvP environment with 5 other people on Teamspeak.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

in Elementalist

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

With the base attunement cooldown lowered the only thing from the arcane traitline I simply cannot live without is elemental attunement. I would have prefered that they moved renewing stamina to master instead of this.

I simply explode in pvp when I don’t have on demand protection and regeneration.

I command you to be AWESOME.