ELEtism

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Evolution has played it’s part in Tyria. The weak have been weeded out and those who could not handle the style of play have left; only the strong remain.

It should be a point of pride for those elementalists who still practice their magicks in these harsh times filled with deathly condition spamming necromancers and rampaging warriors while also being regularly smitten by the unseen gods above (ANet).
It should be known that those elementalists who still delve into the arcane and go toe to toe with the other classes have to play on a whole other plane just to match levels with them.
This being so, let it be so that being an elementalist makes you better than everyone else.

If you are a proud elementalist, put this in your signature.
#ELEtism

PS: I have set up the E L Etism[ELE] guild and I plan to use it for productive elementalist business in the near future. Whisper “Gasmic” for a guild invite. (More info on this to come in a later thread.)

P.S.S: This was mostly meant as a joke and in no way is meant to be taken seriously, though it does touch base with a little truth

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

(edited by Mash Hog.5672)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Thanks for the chuckles. I was hoping this update would bring me back to the game.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

Well, one of the things I plan on using the ELEtism guild is for theorycrafting and finding working builds. One of the things we lack as elementalists is a solid community and I honestly hope that we can change that.
There might be some awesome builds out there no one has figured out yet because we can’t get the community together to get it together.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

CHURCH!!! Preach it brother!!!!

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Right on! ELEtism4ever!

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what we can do to help out the elementalist community?

I wont mind hosting different Elementalist workshops to help teach new elementalists.
Any other thoughts?

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what we can do to help out the elementalist community?

I wont mind hosting different Elementalist workshops to help teach new elementalists.
Any other thoughts?

There are some builds out there that are working for ele. Just gotta put more effort forth. Try out condi ele, dire gear is OP.

I am a teef
:)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

Any other thoughts?

There are some builds out there that are working for ele. Just gotta put more effort forth. Try out condi ele, dire gear is OP.

I know about build workshops, I meant other things a group of elementalists could do together!

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Anierna.6918

this quote from Game Slayer is a perfect example of why I should join a teaching guild, gasmic. ill be on in half an hour and pm you for an invite (assuming no rep req, right?)

we’ve got to convince these people that stupid stuff like condi ele just doesnt work. in a pve context, I’ll be happy to prove that both the s/d + lh and the staff metas do higher damage. in a pvp context, you’ll never be able to match the condi damage of other classes (think necro), so dont even try.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

this quote from Game Slayer is a perfect example of why I should join a teaching guild, gasmic. ill be on in half an hour and pm you for an invite (assuming no rep req, right?)

we’ve got to convince these people that stupid stuff like condi ele just doesnt work. in a pve context, I’ll be happy to prove that both the s/d + lh and the staff metas do higher damage. in a pvp context, you’ll never be able to match the condi damage of other classes (think necro), so dont even try.

And a perfect example of elitism at its finest.

I’m proud to b an ele. I absolutely love the class, love wearing the letters off my keys with manic apm, playing to anticipate rather than respond… it’s exhilarating. However, I implore you to reconsider your ideology. Elitism is an ugly thing to associate yourself with.

Be a better elementalist.

ELEvate yourself.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

Well, i disagree to an extent. I’m talking more along the lines of wvw. A full dire geared ele, with d/d, is pretty amazing. I can apply every condition available except for fear using runes/sigils.. give me 3 seconds and ill load you up with more condis than a necro could dream of. and i can reapply them really fast, every 10s.

Now, probably matching a necros output of condis, i also have more healing, much much more mobility, and 20k health with 3k armor. condi eles do exist, and theyre good, dont put them down. if youve done a s/d-f condi ele, youve done it wrong obviously.

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I don’t agree with this,
Our purpose would be to explore different possibilities for the elementalist and work together to optimize and theorycraft to come up with different effective ways to play with yourself.
We’re not here to prove that Elementalists are underpowered or broken, we’re here to show everyone that Elementalists are very much playable to a very high skill level.

Gameslayer, would you share this build/setup with us? :P

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

I don’t agree with this,
Our purpose would be to explore different possibilities for the elementalist and work together to optimize and theorycraft to come up with different effective ways to play with yourself.
We’re not here to prove that Elementalists are underpowered or broken, we’re here to show everyone that Elementalists are very much playable to a very high skill level.

Gameslayer, would you share this build/setup with us? :P

Sure, give me a moment.

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Well, i disagree to an extent. I’m talking more along the lines of wvw. A full dire geared ele, with d/d, is pretty amazing. I can apply every condition available except for fear using runes/sigils.. give me 3 seconds and ill load you up with more condis than a necro could dream of. and i can reapply them really fast, every 10s.

Now, probably matching a necros output of condis, i also have more healing, much much more mobility, and 20k health with 3k armor. condi eles do exist, and theyre good, dont put them down. if youve done a s/d-f condi ele, youve done it wrong obviously.

There is no way you have ever played a necro and make that statement. It is impossible for a elementalist to match a condition necros output. Engineers and Necro’s are on another level when it comes to condi pressure. Necro’s have a signet with 6 conditions 5 with a base duration of 10 secs and 1 condition that lasts for 5(blind). Every rune or sigil you can put on necro can put on and necro’s condition duration trait line is pretty good and their condition damage line is pretty awesome unlike eles earth and fire lines.

I play both classes though ele is my main I can kill people in less than 10 seconds on my condition necro and that burst is back ready again easily in another 15 seconds.

Not putting condition ele’s down I seen frowny in action but it isn’t even close to a necro’s potential instagib in a 30/20/X/X/X.

I only have 1500 condition damage on my necro and Terror which makes fear do damage is 1k per tick that is pretty huge dps that you don’t have. 3k from Doom, 2k from reaper’s mark, 2k from spectral wall. That is 7k damage from 1 condition thats only with 1500 condition damage.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

There is no way you have ever played a necro and make that statement. It is impossible for a elementalist to match a condition necros output. Engineers and Necro’s are on another level when it comes to condi pressure. Necro’s have a signet with 6 conditions 5 with a base duration of 10 secs and 1 condition that lasts for 5(blind). Every rune or sigil you can put on necro can put on and necro’s condition duration trait line is pretty good and their condition damage line is pretty awesome unlike eles earth and fire lines.

I play both classes though ele is my main I can kill people in less than 10 seconds on my condition necro and that burst is back ready again easily in another 15 seconds.

That’s fine man, you continue to believe that. lol.

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

Here is the build i use
(NOTE- sigil of torment on first dagger, it wasnt in the editor)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmgbux5wjDIEFmgLMeICjQHWUMD5AA-jUBBUHgZSFRjtsuIasKZER1KlYSBso0I-w

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Anierna.6918

Not putting condition ele’s down I seen frowny in action but it isn’t even close to a necro’s potential instagib in a 30/20/X/X/X.

I only have 1500 condition damage on my necro and Terror which makes fear do damage is 1k per tick that is pretty huge dps that you don’t have. 3k from Doom, 2k from reaper’s mark, 2k from spectral wall. That is 7k damage from 1 condition thats only with 1500 condition damage.

^ This. Exactly this.

@ Game Slayer: As I said, condi ele’s can’t hope to match condi <insert other class here>, so don’t even try. Ele’s have good burst, so capitalize on that. This is talking PvP/WvW, since it seems you agree with me that condi ele in PvE is simply ridiculous.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

^ This. Exactly this.

@ Game Slayer: As I said, condi ele’s can’t hope to match condi <insert other class here>, so don’t even try. Ele’s have good burst, so capitalize on that. This is talking PvP/WvW, since it seems you agree with me that condi ele in PvE is simply ridiculous.

Condi ele in pve is redundant. dont you dare under-estimate a condi ele in wvw. in spvp its simply o-kay.

Im on borlis pass, so , if its possible, ill duel anyone who thinks condi ele is bad. ive won the last 98/100 duels, all from different people. (ofc i BS’ed the number, but i cant honestly recall the last time i lost in a 1v1)

But if you say a condi ele in wvw is bad…. or cant do what im telling you it can do… you havent tried hard enough with the build… nor have you seen a condi ele.

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I didn’t expect a mesmer to be able to bunker either, but my guild-member found a bunker spec which can literally bunker 5 people on a point.
I have learned not to count anything out, people are creative and those are the kind of people I would like to be working with.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

^ This. Exactly this.

Condi ele in pve is redundant. dont you dare under-estimate a condi ele in wvw. in spvp its simply o-kay.

Im on borlis pass, so , if its possible, ill duel anyone who thinks condi ele is bad. ive won the last 98/100 duels, all from different people. (ofc i BS’ed the number, but i cant honestly recall the last time i lost in a 1v1)

But if you say a condi ele in wvw is bad…. or cant do what im telling you it can do… you havent tried hard enough with the build… nor have you seen a condi ele.

You are using perplexity runes. Prepare the oncoming kitten from ele’s that died from perplexity.

Bad Elementalist

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

I didn’t expect a mesmer to be able to bunker either, but my guild-member found a bunker spec which can literally bunker 5 people on a point.
I have learned not to count anything out, people are creative and those are the kind of people I would like to be working with.

Some people are just stuck in the cookie cutter system. And that’s okay. But when those people tell other players how it is, that’s just silly.

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

^ This. Exactly this.

You are using perplexity runes. Prepare the oncoming kitten from ele’s that died from perplexity.

oh. LOL. i could have any rune in there. confusion is like a cover condi.

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

It isn’t belief it is fact. There is no way your build can match a necros for condition pressure.

To be exact I have 1469 condition damage on my necro. Your build has 1789 condition damage.

Terror formula is 0.3 * Condition Damage + 4.5 * Level + 2

@ 1469 My terror ticks for 1032 per tick. I have 100% condition duration

Doom is 3 seconds
Reapers Mark is 2
Spectral Wall is 2 seconds.

That is 6192 that is impossible for you to make up on a elementalist (or any class for that matter).

I am not downing the build or condi ele like I said but lets be realistic here.

{Thief}

ELEtism

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

^ This. Exactly this.

The torment sigil has its own ICD atm I believe so you could use another on crit sigil and they wouldn’t affect each o ther. Depending on how hard perplexity is nerfed I may try scavenger runes or orrian.

Bad Elementalist

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

It isn’t belief it is fact. There is no way your build can match a necros for condition pressure.

To be exact I have 1469 condition damage on my necro. Your build has 1789 condition damage.

Terror formula is 0.3 * Condition Damage + 4.5 * Level + 2

@ 1469 My terror ticks for 1032 per tick. I have 100% condition duration

Doom is 3 seconds
Reapers Mark is 2
Spectral Wall is 2 seconds.

That is 6192 that is impossible for you to make up on a elementalist (or any class for that matter).

You cant throw up random numbers in the air and expect them to stick. Thats like saying a war and his 100% crit dmg will hit me for 20k with 100blades, so obviously, wars are better at anything damage wise since they can 1shot people with hundred blades.

But, wow man, im really not gonna argue with ya. lol.

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

^ This. Exactly this.

The torment sigil has its own ICD atm I believe so you could use another on crit sigil and they wouldn’t affect each o ther. Depending on how hard perplexity is nerfed I may try scavenger runes or orrian.

but its AoE and i often get two torment stacks due to 7scd and condi duration. its definately a cover condi, no doubt, but it helps a lot. consider it the other sigil is doom btw, which isnt a on crit sigil, so its not shared. you could use geomancy, whatever floats your boat

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Oniyui.8279

Here’s a framework for a goofy build I use

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmabuR5wjDAEFmATQRAIMeAiIkA-TsAgyCuIuRdj7GzNybs3M64swUAA

Maintain regen & use auras wisely for protection. Nothing flashy.
December 10th I’ll be getting rid of the lava font in fire and picking up the 25% duration to burning. Because of the changes to the water X ability and dropping the lava font thing I’ll not be attached to mist form, and may swap it for Armor of Earth or Glyph of Elemental Power (yes, really. It’s not too shabby once you’re used to flying it, in my limited experience)

I think it has a lot more potential in wvw than this simple pvp skeleton.

I suppose this isn’t the thread for this, though >.>

or is it?

(edited by Oniyui.8279)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

^ This. Exactly this.

but its AoE and i often get two torment stacks due to 7scd and condi duration. its definately a cover condi, no doubt, but it helps a lot. consider it the other sigil is doom btw, which isnt a on crit sigil, so its not shared. you could use geomancy, whatever floats your boat

on crits share ICD with swap sigils

Bad Elementalist

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

^ This. Exactly this.

oh wow. i thought that only ‘on crits’ shared. guess i gotta change my build. Probably superior sigil of smoldering believe me tho, the torment is too good to give up.

I am a teef

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

^ This. Exactly this.

oh wow. i thought that only ‘on crits’ shared. guess i gotta change my build. Probably superior sigil of smoldering

Test if the torment runes has its own ICD still. It won’t matter then

Bad Elementalist

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

^ This. Exactly this.

oh wow. i thought that only ‘on crits’ shared. guess i gotta change my build. Probably superior sigil of smoldering

And thats exactly one of the reasons that we need a guild which does this kind of thing!

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

I have an apothecary set with perplexity (shield conjure and tornado are good fun with perplex! ) and it is very strong in duels with near perma burning and confusion and does quite well against other condi classes … necros on the other hand kitten every condi class so i dont think you can compare the 2, if your beating necros as a condi class that necro is probably awful…. and there are still strong wvw builds out there for the ele

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

ELEtism

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

You cant throw up random numbers in the air and expect them to stick. Thats like saying a war and his 100% crit dmg will hit me for 20k with 100blades, so obviously, wars are better at anything damage wise since they can 1shot people with hundred blades.

What lol? You just compared direct damage with condition damage?

News Flash:

Bleeds, Burning, Confusion, Poison do the same damage no mater the class you play if you both have the same condition damage.

Ease of application is what makes engineers and necros better than everyone else at condition pressure.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Terror that is not made up and only necros have this and it does alot of damage.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Oniyui.8279

^ This. Exactly this.

This could actually explain a “bug” I’ve been experiencing…

Oh well. Guess I have something to test out now.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

News Flash:

Bleeds, Burning, Confusion, Poison do the same damage no mater the class you play if you both have the same condition damage.

Ease of application is what makes engineers and necros better than everyone else at condition pressure.

I’m fine with that. Ele has strengths in other areas they don’t.

Bad Elementalist

ELEtism

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I am not downing condition elementalist at all just the statement from Game Slayer that ele can put on more conditions than a Necro could dream of which is silly.

{Thief}

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

News Flash:

Youre leaving out stability, the fact that things are cleansed, evading, etc. You can’t throw things into a void and compare them like that and have solid and substantial results. But.. im done after this post. I’m talking to a wall.

Send me an invite to that guild youre talking about!

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

I am not downing condition elementalist at all just the statement from Game Slayer that ele can put on more conditions than a Necro could dream of which is silly.

He can apply 16s burn every time he goes in fire. Torment almost every crit (20% crit chance) poison is on them permanently. Bleed can be applied slowly in earth attunement or from a churn. Confusion from perplexity. It definately lacks the pressure necros can put up but it has a great upkeep of conditions.

Bad Elementalist

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

News Flash:

running away and dying?

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

ERRR … was formerly “ELEMENTALIST 4 LIFE” am now “ELETISM 4 LIFE”.

Can’t we all be friends and not argue condition vs the usual? (although the discussion is rather interesting)

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

yes

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

ELEtism

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Can’t we all be friends and not argue condition vs the usual? (although the discussion is rather interesting)

Just not a fan of hyperbole. You can’t keep up with a class that has easier and earlier access to it when you have to build just to match it. Runes/Sigils are irrelevant because a necro can put on those same runes and sigils and has much better traits to support a condition damage build that is why it will always have the advantage in condition damage. It has easy access to all those conditions before you throw runes/sigil/traits into a comparison.

I have dueled Frowny Clown on my ele and I lost to him I stated that in another post and he runs a similar condition elementalist build to GameSlayer. When he put it out there in his first video I posted that I can see it being viable. I never put down condition elementalist build.

My Mesmer and Thief both have stealth but I wouldn’t make the ridiculous claim that a Mesmer is better at stealth than a Thief because I threw on runes of infiltration.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

Just not a fan of hyperbole. You can’t keep up with a class that has easier and earlier access to it when you have to build just to match it. Runes/Sigils are irrelevant because a necro can put on those same runes and sigils and has much better traits to support a condition damage build that is why it will always have the advantage in condition damage. It has easy access to all those conditions before you throw runes/sigil/traits into a comparison.

I have dueled Frowny Clown on my ele and I lost to him I stated that in another post and he runs a similar condition elementalist build to GameSlayer. When he put it out there in his first video I posted that I can see it being viable. I never put down condition elementalist build.

My Mesmer and Thief both have stealth but I wouldn’t make the ridiculous claim that a Mesmer is better at stealth than a Thief because I threw on runes of infiltration.

No, I never said ele was better at condi tho either. I said ele could almost match necro as far as pressure goes. Frownyclown runs a similar build yes, but what i do in my build is this : i get after buffs, a static 2,300 cond dmg. then might comes into play. this makes my burn (which is the center of the build) hit for 900-1000. I get burn on, then switch to all my other attunes to apply cover condis. I can apply 6-9 cover condis on TOP of burn, and do that every 15s or so. Thats the extent of this build. Necros have poor accessibility to burn, while eles have the best accessibility to burn. I simply take advantage of that. you do your damage with bleed/poison/terror, while i do my damage with burn and minor amounts of torment/poison/other cover condis. we can stack the same amount cover condis too.

TL;DR – A necro can put more pressure, sure, but to say that necro simply blows ele out of the water is foolish.

I am a teef

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: RyanThomas.4182

RyanThomas.4182

The problem with joining an ele theorycrafting guild is that I wouldn’t be able to see the discussion in guild chat unless I was repping, which I probably won’t be because I always rep my main guild.

Would you ele discussions take place on a website forum?

Blackgate – Love and War [LAW]
5 Ele meta let’s go

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

I’m game for this guild, always enjoy discussing builds and the like. But i have to agree alot with what Frowny and Slayer are saying. I have myself been using condi ele in wvw and for solo/group roaming I’d take it over a glass cannon any day.

Not to mention a condi tank is far more efficient than a power tank. Less stats to worry about for offence so you’re able to build more on defence.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

Very interesting. always thought condi ele was crap. time to give it a spin

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

I play D/D ele bunker in tournaments i do competly great dude… Ele is not even my main i disract whole enemy teams for several minutes, capture sidepoints very fast and heals my allies and rezzes them very good too.. Stop saying that ele is crap. i NEVER die in duels. so shut up about that and be adaptive

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

you must have misunderstood i said I thought CONDI ele was crap not ele. And i also said that i would give it a spin so chill out.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

The right way to do this guild is schedule meeting where people rep the guild. Post a time of the day on this page and put it as the message of the day. People will share builds and others will put their input on it. You could also host topics for that days meeting such as “so and so trait-is it worth it?”

Bad Elementalist

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Two subjects for my post. I love the guild name and the sig tag. I’ll be joining the guild of course. If you get a chance before I do, send me an invite.
And:

Just not a fan of hyperbole. You can’t keep up with a class that has easier and earlier access to it when you have to build just to match it. Runes/Sigils are irrelevant because a necro can put on those same runes and sigils.I never put down condition elementalist build.

TL;DR – A necro can put more pressure, sure, but to say that necro simply blows ele out of the water is foolish.

Give me 3 seconds and ill load you up with more condis than a necro could dream of. and i can reapply them really fast, every 10s.
Now, probably matching a necros output of condis, i also have more healing, much much more mobility, and 20k health with 3k armor.

Hopefully I cleaned up what I didn’t want in my post.

GameSlayer. Necro is the condition king. Please stop arguing. Ozii has a great point. You can’t base a build on runes and sigils. Necros can use the same things.

The thing I’m trying to say is: Necro is inherently better at conditions. There’s no dispute.

You made an outlandish claim and Ozii was just trying to explain, while ele can be viable in conditions — yes he did say they were viable — they aren’t as powerful as necro without supplementation.

I’m an ele who literally bought EVERY gear combination possible. I’ve played ele for a very long time. I know that conditions are quite possible, but they’re not the best of what ele has to offer.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming