Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: FreddyKam.5496

FreddyKam.5496

Q:

I’m a D/D ele and I feel so tired to 1 vs 1 with warrior(good player). Can anyone teach me how to deal with them?

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lotus.9746

Lotus.9746

Step by step process.

1. Post your own build to critique.
2. Trash that build and get glassier.
3. Out damage healing signet and blocks.
4. Dodge whatever is needed to be dodged…….(Hammer / eviscerate / etc)
5. Use Stab.
6. Use Signet of Restoration.
7. Stop using soldiers and knights gear.

[Ego] Sylvari Ele
Winter

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

FreddyKam.5496

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

energy and battle? hmm

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lotus.9746

Lotus.9746

1. Battle + Doom.
2. Renewing Stamina + Elemental Attunement.
3. Dodge.

[Ego] Sylvari Ele
Winter

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

1. Battle + Doom.
2. Renewing Stamina + Elemental Attunement.
3. Dodge.

Indeed, I’m going to assume that the choice of Final Shielding and Arcane Resurrection were mistakes. And Doom is better than Energy versus Warrior (since it stops their Healing Signet).

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

FreddyKam.5496

hmm…sorry i make a mistake when I use buill editor.

I use Renewing Stamina + Elemental Attunement and Battle + Doom in normal, but it’s also hard to deal with warrior.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

I’m a D/D ele and I feel so tired to 1 vs 1 with warrior(good player). Can anyone teach me how to deal with them?

Good warriors are so tanky and can dish out high damage. What i usually do is:

Play defensively at start, trying to hit and keep some distance after do some hits so i can see which weapon sets are he using. If axe i do normal rotations and wait he use eviscerate to dodge, after that i know i have a 7~10 sec window to do some burst. Keep doing it untill he runs or die.

Gs warriors are not hard, just pay attention to HB and Whirlwind attack.
Most annoying to me is hammer and mace warriors, try to dodge their F1’s attack and hope for the best because you can’t stunbreak forever, since our stability is 60 sec cd traited. :/

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Two choices:

1) go condi build and win easily.

2) Just normal rotations, don’t be a tanky build and remember to dodge the big hits. Know how to lightning flash + burning speed well.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maxhzalot.2301

Maxhzalot.2301

Two choices:

2) Just normal rotations, don’t be a tanky build and remember to dodge the big hits. Know how to lightning flash + burning speed well.

are you sure CONDI-ELE can be used in SPVP? I think its only viable in WVW and what should ele do to against war in SPVP?

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

Key to fighting any warrior with healing signet is to remember that they have no burst heal. Once you wear them down, they won’t be able to heal back up. So instead of going for one big burst, separate them so you can keep pressure up. Then once you get them low, try to finish it.

And dodge a lot. Evasive Arcana in Air gives a blind, which is like the warrior’s bane.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: dragosf.3291

dragosf.3291

Make a level 2 warrior and play around with the NPCs in Heart of the Mists to learn their most important skills: Earthshaker (hammer burst), Eviscerate (axe burst), Skull Crack (mace burst) and utilities.

It’s very important that you save your dodges for important skills and do not throw all you have in the beginning (Air #3, Air #5, Earth #4). Watch his boons and do not waste your precious Ckittenil his stability runs out. If he’s a bit trigger-happy on utilities and you know he doesn’t have stunbreaks ready you can guarantee a chain CC/burst on him.

If he’s full melee you have plenty of tools for kiting while he has stability: Water #3, Earth #3, EA dodges (air – blind, earth – immobilize). If you do get hit by Earthshaker you will have to pop Lightning Flash or Armor of Earth, otherwise you can expect to eat the full hammer chain and an eviscerate or a portion of 100 blades.

When you are kiting, make sure to do it in your Ring of Fire. He gets burned and you get might stacks. D/D ele can output some very nice burning and many opponents ignore it simply because they don’t see a big stack of conditions on them.

A Doom sigil makes this significantly easier.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

My problem with all the suggested ways of dealing with warrior is that I can’t really damage them.
If its bow+axe kind of warrior unless they are terrible I don’t feel like I could possibly win in straight up fight.
Fight starts: warrior covers whole point with fire then proceeds with immob/bleed stacking with bow – usually dodged. Then switches into axe pops invulnerability and proceeds to attack me – can’t dodge forever, can’t kite due to cooldowns(stability, invulnerability, immune to condis) and usually by the time his CDs fades I’m already low enough from all the fire/torment/bleed etc that I have to go defensive – can’t seem to recover, eventually I will run out of heals, stun breakers, cleanses, energy and will eat that 8k evis. If I don’t go defensive and manage to do some decent damage to warrior he gets his defensive traits pop up and I cant touch him again – by now I can’t stand on point anymore.

The only viable tactic seems to be engage have them pop the cooldowns, run away (lose point) and reengage when they fade and hope you can outlast them when trait cooldown pops and kill them before utilities come of CD…

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

If you want D/D, cantrip and restoration, you can use this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcMKc24wzBdEBGACxoBDmIwobFPvF-TJRHwAFeAAc2fAwJA4YZAA
but is better change restoration for renewal, and oh dagger for focus.

Keep might stacks, some cleanser and bs to deal with hammer, sword and bow.
your burn, bleed and poison will out heal him.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Well…Since you linked a buid in spvp mode,it really depends what warrior build you are fighting.
There are some general things you should know.You should be able to see what stances he has active any given time.
If he has a Longbow you should be going in and personal meaning,unload everything on him and push for dmg.
If he has hammer/shield/axe/mace,you kite until the important moves are on cd.Your stability is little and with huge cd.Use it wisely in case you are caught in that shieldbash and want to avoid the eviscerate.
Keep your dodges for eviscerate/kill shot/skullcrack/hammerstun.Thats almost all of his F1 abilitites.Learn the animations and learn when to dodge them.Its very easy unless he is a very small Asura.
Ofc NEVER unload when Endure Pain is up or Shield Block.Also Churning earth during Berserker Stance is a wasted cd aswell.
In general to counter the OP Healing signet all you need to do is apply minor conditions.You are very good at that.Daggers Fire 2..stack earth auto/churning earth all of them negate the signets effect if you have a logical amount of condi dmg,which you have since you linked a build with celestial trinket.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

phaeris.7604

Oh it’s spvp.

Go 0,0,2,6,6

It’s all just a timing thing. Watch his buffs for stability and don’t waste knockdowns.

It’s hard to give tips as I find it’s all alot of practice in 1v1 with any class and is nearly always dependent on the skill of the other player. There’s not a class in spvp 1v1 who you should be facerolling if the other guy is equally skilled.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Oh it’s spvp.

Go 0,0,2,6,6

It’s all just a timing thing. Watch his buffs for stability and don’t waste knockdowns.

It’s hard to give tips as I find it’s all alot of practice in 1v1 with any class and is nearly always dependent on the skill of the other player. There’s not a class in spvp 1v1 who you should be facerolling if the other guy is equally skilled.

I can’t tell if you are serious or not. D/D wins by kiting enemies around and self healing.

One of the main damage points of a D/D ele is burning, which is completely outhealed with healing signet.

Unless the warrior is playing really bad, an ele should never win against a warrior as D/D their build completely counters the strategy of it.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maxhzalot.2301

Maxhzalot.2301

Oh it’s spvp.

Go 0,0,2,6,6

I can’t tell if you are serious or not. D/D wins by kiting enemies around and self healing.

One of the main damage points of a D/D ele is burning, which is completely outhealed with healing signet.

Unless the warrior is playing really bad, an ele should never win against a warrior as D/D their build completely counters the strategy of it.

I agree with you, as i have watched stream of zoose few days before. He duels several times with his friednd , Briar . Only few times for him was to be a winner. Usually he could not even made enough damage to reduce warrior hp below 50% when he was downed by the hammer combos.
So, here i am curious about that what build can help ele to win a warrior in a duel? Just to win HAMBOW wars, can SD fresh air do it???

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Chase.8415

If you’re playing D/D in sPvP and you’re against a warrior, do your team a favor and leave whatever base you’re on and help at another spot because you’re just wasting time and putting the odds in the enemies favor.

Sometimes it’s better to simply surrender and go to another base.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

A water/arcane build have a difficulties doing enough damage to kill some healing signet warrior builds. S/F Fresh air builds work well against them. You just have to time your dodges to avoid his bursts. It tend to be a balanced match-ups in the solo arenas coming down to both of our timings.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

phaeris.7604

Don’t know what to say man, I either win or it’s a draw.

In WvW I never lose to warriors.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Two choices:

Not so easy to dodge the big hits on small size asura wars.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Chase.8415

Don’t know what to say man, I either win or it’s a draw.

In WvW I never lose to warriors.

The stats are higher in WvWvW, so you do much more damage. Healing signet doesn’t necessarily become stronger with more stats though, it’s just really powerful at base.

Also in wvwvw the matches aren’t ranked, you could be facing a really bad player.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Step by step process.

1. Post your own build to critique.
2. Trash that build and get glassier.
3. Out damage healing signet and blocks.
4. Dodge whatever is needed to be dodged…….(Hammer / eviscerate / etc)
5. Use Stab.
6. Use Signet of Restoration.
7. Stop using soldiers and knights gear.

Seems like a recipe for failure… A warrior will easily win against a glass build. You have to go tanky and win by attrition.

A good warrior is the most difficult match up for ele though.

Basically get tanker, don’t get comboed (run arcane shield, armor of earth, lighting flash), and then you CAN win by attrition. Burning will probably be a big portion of your damage on them.

You’re on defensive mode until they use endure pain and berserker stance. After that, try to get as much burning on as often as possible and whittle down their HP.

Try to save dodges for after you see sigil of intelligence on them. Particularly if they’re switching to either GS or axe. If you’re stunned, that’s when you would stunbreak. Never waste a stun break for random stuns unless you see big damage about to happen because most/all 1v1 warriors are running high crit power and rely on sigil of intelligence for the spike.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

DnD builds vary. So do the type of signets, cantrips,elites,armour,etc.

1v1 against a warr is setup differently to 1v1 to a necro.

1v3 is very hard and 1v2 requires solid skill.

Simply put there are no magic formulas unless u are seeking an ele that
may 1v2 , can and usually 1v1 and easily fight 5vX.

And yes gone are the days when eles could 1v4 to 1v7

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

DnD builds vary. So do the type of signets, cantrips,elites,armour,etc.

1v1 against a warr is setup differently to 1v1 to a necro.

1v3 is very hard and 1v2 requires solid skill.

Simply put there are no magic formulas unless u are seeking an ele that
may 1v2 , can and usually 1v1 and easily fight 5vX.

And yes gone are the days when eles could 1v4 to 1v7

Still can, but seek for newbies. Lastly with 2 eles we took a camp defending by 6 players. I sometimes can destroy whole party while defending camp. Fighting 3 vs 12 or so on. I would say there is no magic formula, but skill/cheese of enemy. Other thing is the condimeta, everyone is tanky and spam condies – hard to kill someone in organised group (maybe on thief).

As for the warrior – sigil of doom all the way. I like to abuse their telegraphed bursts and hit/evade with the burning speed while he uses earthshaker. Other then that – pressure him more then he do.

Ele 1 VS 1 with Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Fighting new players or people that don’t know what to do is nice.Makes you feel godlike.
But what is generaly said in this forum is correct and that is that if you face an equaly skilled button masher you are in for some challenging fights.If you find 2 of them..you most probably will have to run.

On my previous post i forgot to mention.Never run FGS when roaming unless you wanna cap a camp in WvW or doing PvE.Fire elemental is tremendous dps.Like one aoe attack from it can take 1/5 of a warriors life.If you manage to time your stuns/knockbacks with it you will do too much dmg for the warrior to handle.
Ofc..a decent player when he will see the elemental he will try to kill it…while he is focusing on it you can very well throw down some of your big cds like Firegrab or churning earth.

Classic D/D can combat almost any class spec out there.(0/2/0/6/6)..celestial in spvp,a lot better stats in WvW.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square