Ele Build video 'THE' build - Popular in Spvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

Hey all!

SO! This is an ele build well this variant anyways. Right view disclaimers! I am NOT claiming this is the best build, I’m also not maining Ele.

Also if you think you can help with some advice include any rotations below also and tweaks that maybe worked for you or suggestions on what I missed I and I am sure the community will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9HauZ4HiKo&list=UUYcZuPaZfonVRjeqFpRukqA&feature=share

Build:
http://intothemists.com/guides/3888-the_ele_build

NEW GAME PLAY:
http://youtu.be/zdQa-GMI5Eg

Enjoy,

Jebro

(edited by jebro.6370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

I think Earth Embrace is better than Elemental Shielding. Also I prefer the signet to Ether Renewal.

First time playing pvp in more than a year, now ranked 81 on solo queue leaderboards lalalala

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

there is nothing new about this build and the video is pointless. If you actually want to make good video about ele go play few games make some good plays then talk over them and explain what happened what and you did and why.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Todd.6573

Todd.6573

I may be wrong… But isnt that build just a regular d/d build?… Posted about a billion times already?

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
- Theodore Roosevelt

in Elementalist

jebro.6370

@Nutshel + @Todd. You may both know this build inside and out, but how about all the new players coming in from pve/wvw, those people that have also recently bought the game?

Im thinking big picture.. I appreciate your views, and I always produce a game play video after the build. That will be inc soon.

Thanks

Jebro

P.s Isnt it also good to just show that once again its viable? Also, when did celestial amulet get used a billion times in build videos B4 the feature patch, Id love to see a link pls. thanks again

in Elementalist

Posted by: LexIcon.2819

LexIcon.2819

Protection on auras.

That is the only difference, and not a good one even. Zephyrs Boon gives much more and over-commiting on defense will cripple your killing ability completely.

It is basicly D/D that everyone rolls now. Except no Mist Form, which I don’t get.

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

Protection on auras.

That is the only difference, and not a good one even. Zephyrs Boon gives much more and over-commiting on defense will cripple your killing ability completely.

It is basicly D/D that everyone rolls now. Except no Mist Form, which I don’t get.

Who uses mist form nowadays? It’s very weak.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

It’s strong because you can get a guaranteed stomp on every class except ele, thief or mesmer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

It is the only way to survive being nuked while unable to use active defences. Not only a stomps (you can stomp people just inside group fight where you will be easily downed in that 3sec otherways), but also counter gangbang on immobilize/chilling which is one of the most weak spots of ele. For me it is better than armor of earth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prevas.9305

Prevas.9305

Thanks for the build .

in Elementalist

jebro.6370

Well I think the reasons were justified above and NP Prev !

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prevas.9305

Prevas.9305

Exactly jebro , not sure why people are getting upset and worked up over this , i myself being a new gw2 player and obviously new elementalist player was looking for typical “cookie cutter” build and your thread was the first one that i found and im really glad that you created this thread so players like myself dont need to go over 1000 threads and look through 1000 builds till they find what they are looking for.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

In response to Lex and Arct:

Mist form breaks every useful combo, except for dodge in water, for a very short cd (invuln 3s), that does nothing to remove the condis on you, that will probably kill you even while still in mist form. Whereas if you used cleansing flame (remove 3 condis, apply aoe burn, suffer half the cooldown), you would live.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

I can not imagine a d/d ele without Armor and Cleansing fire. I thought the debate was between Flash and Mist Form

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Re:OP

A lot of ele mains probably won’t learn anything from this video, but there has been a lot more people playing spvp lately with the new reward system and patch’s wide variety of changes. It’s always good to see how other eles are playing the same thing. You clearly state you aren’t the best, and play other classes in the video. I responded with situational plays on youtube that may help you and others just starting to enjoy playing ele now, or again.

There is no better spec than what you’ve shown, only alternatives for other situations. We’ve probably, most of us, used most, if not all, of the variants. Namely choosing Earth’s Embrace over Elemental Shielding because it will give stability to kite, a dodge to kite/avoid, protection, and regen all from Soothing Disruption that you’ve already spec’d into. Very handy, but a far longer cd of 60s rather than 9s swap to air for a 25s cd of shocking aura, a 40s cd of water for frost aura, a magnetic grasp over a fire field for a fire aura, for an average of 12s of protection, and 7 might from the combination setting that up. From testing a full engagement on heavy armor dummy, I had 13 stacks of might by the time it was dying, and protection was just wearing off.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

I can not imagine a d/d ele without Armor and Cleansing fire. I thought the debate was between Flash and Mist Form

But you can image ele without blink? :O
All cantrips are good so that is more about personal preferences and tactical situation. I think a lot of people would like to have slot for 4rd cantrip instead of out poor elites.

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

But you can image ele without blink? :O
All cantrips are good so that is more about personal preferences and tactical situation. I think a lot of people would like to have slot for 4rd cantrip instead of out poor elites.

FGS isn’t that poor!
But yeah I can hardly imagine d/d without Flash, that’s why I am saying Mist Form is relatively weak

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Protection on auras.

Protection on auras is definitely the better choice. In this set up a lot of your damage is coming from conditions. Being able to 1 v 2 is more reliable with constant protection uptime and constant condi-pressure along with sustained damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Exactly jebro , not sure why people are getting upset and worked up over this , i myself being a new gw2 player and obviously new elementalist player was looking for typical “cookie cutter” build and your thread was the first one that i found and im really glad that you created this thread so players like myself dont need to go over 1000 threads and look through 1000 builds till they find what they are looking for.

Didn’t we used to have a stickied thread that was a compilation of working ele builds? Whatever happened to that? Anyway, a quick google search would have found this build easily.

Anyway, I’d suggest going with 10 in air for zephyr’s boon instead of earth.

You could also consider going with powerful aura, and cleansing wave if you wanted to give a more offensive team support. (since you already have good condition removal)

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

So basically classic d/d with strength runes instead of max boon duration, and celestial instead of soldier?

in Elementalist

jebro.6370

@Katniss – Yea dude I saw the feedback REALLY good feedback! I love it! Also anywone thats given feedback/other options GREAT!

In terms of Mist form vs flash for me, well its that extra get away really I like Mist form but meh I just prefer flash for my style and for the other reasons posted above.

Guys how else can this build be altered. People say energy sigil instead of perhaps doom or might? Whats the view on this

in Elementalist

jebro.6370

Guys I just added my own gameplay video for this build here:
http://youtu.be/zdQa-GMI5Eg

cheers!

p.s. apologies for when I call someone a moron in the vid xD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

You can’t use two sigils with CD at the same time, so battle + no cd sigil like force or bloodlust

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

You can’t use two sigils with CD at the same time, so battle + no cd sigil like force or bloodlust

This has been changed, check out the patch notes.