Ele: Hybrid drive

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Hi Eles and Mentalists out there!

I rolled an ele a few weeks ago and since the WvW tournament no longer takes the 99% of my time I decided to level her to 80.

My fianceĆ© plays a staff ele so I’m familiar with the abilities of that kind of playstyle. I’m more of a melee player so Dagger/Dagger it is!

I was just thinking…. Is a hybrid condi/power build viable? Unleash some bursts than dodge like hell and let the conditions work the enemy’s HP down…. Rinse and repeat….

I came up with this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYhcM6cW5wwBfEBGAGpoQwEQAY8NYG8CLdGA-T1SAwATVKpRJ4mHAQOdAAM/NXZwVlMt0CgUdFOnAAg7PqUQKAImGB-w

I don’t really know how much condi-clean I need. Should I use food for it? Does the Water3 affect the Fire8? Or investing points in Water and Arcana is a MUST? Or not?

My gear choice: unfortunately the Celestial Armour and the Strength Runes are not an option. I know “money is everything…” so I have nothing in this game

Any help or suggestion is welcome. I do know that the power builds are wrecking havoc on a wvw-field. And I did follow the threads about the pure condi builds too. So please don’t suggest that instead of a hybrid D/D build I should play with a healing power staff or a power S/D build or reroll warrior.

Thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention:In this game I really don’t know anything apart of the WvW maps and I heard tales about the Edge of the Mist. Once ANET puts some dungeons or outdoor boss on a WvW map I will get some PvE mentality

EDIT#2: I have the Defence Against Guards stacks. Still lots to do to get the Guard Killer through…

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

First and foremost, pretty much all viable elementalist builds (except glassy oneshot scepter builds) revolve around healing ripple and/or evasive arcana. You have neither. All that defense is practically useless since you have almost no healing.

Especially on a condi build, you need the healing to survive until your opponent drops dead.

If I were you I would give up these 4 points in fire in favor of cleansing wave and elemental attunement. At that point, decide whether you want to go full condi or not. Your direct damage will be very low, so if you’re looking to go hybrid you’re going to need a lot more investment in power and what not. If you’re going full condi pick a condi rune. If not, hoelbrak is fine, but you’ll need to add quite a bit of soldier’s/zerker’s/knight’s to crank up that damage.

By the way, celestial armor isn’t all that expensive. The recipes are dirt cheap on the tp now, so you might want to consider making some of that.

I’m gonna stop here because I’m practically making an entirely different build

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Aggrostemma.1703

Gokil:

I don’t want to decide to go full power or full condi or not…That’s the whole point of the thread….

And do not tell me that Celestial armour is not expensive… One Damask is 16+ gold.

Anyways… that’s what I was asking… Is the 0/0/0/6/6 a must or not? I think not, since the fresh air build is all right as far as I know…

Thanks for all the suggestions!

EDIT: Sorry Gokil I re-read your post again… you didn’t suggest 6 in water nor in arcana… But if I put my points there I have no idea where my damage going to come from…

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It can be Viable. Personally i would remove the points from Fire. They are better spent in Arcane and Water. You need at least 15 points in Water for the full benefit of Diamond Skin and getting (on my build) over 2k heal every time i go into Water as well as the Regen (from Arcane) and the regen from Soothing Mist really helps keep you topped up.

Elemental Attunement is VERY strong for us and holds a lot of our defense with great Protection and Regen up time and the Might and Swiftness is welcome as well.

As for gear. The runes are hit (Doom) and miss (Intelligence) in my opinion. An option you have is for swapping it out and running Doom and either Corruption for higher Condition damage or Bloodlust for higher damage.

Stats wise, you could drop points in Vitality as you can get the Guard stack for like 2,500 extra health and the other guard buff for an extra 100 power and condition damage. With that in mind i would look into increasing Healing Power. Going another point or 2 into Water will help but just to push it a long a little more for the healing wouldn’t hurt.

Utilities wise, that is down to person preference. I myself wouldn’t run Mist Form. It weakens you. Giving your target time to recover and go on the full offensive when it runs out. Lightening Flash is down to preference as well, i don’t myself run it but as you don’t have any 25% movement increase i can see it being more required

in Elementalist

Aggrostemma.1703

Ash:
So your suggestion is a 0/0/6/4/4.. I see the point.
Unfortunately I dislike any stacking sigil. So I was thinking on Battle or Energy…

I do not have the 250 extra condi/power guard buff… Only the Vitality one..

Anyways… just a question… Why do you dislike the Intelligence sigil? I think with offhand dagger it is powerful. Fire Grab, Churning Earth, Earthquake, RTL….

#I no words have"

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I personally use Doom and Geomancy as my sigils. Because i find Near constant 3 stacks of bleeding that alone can reach 1k+ ticks without even going into Earth for Churning Earth to be better, remember it is also an AoE.

Churning Earth is near impossible to land against good players and Intelligence if i am right will only crit for ONE person and not crit for everyone in the AoE skill. So if you hit say 5 people with Churning Earth the sigil will only proc on one of them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I wasn’t telling you to go either full power or full condi. I was telling you you need quite a bit more direct damage to be a hybrid. Your direct damage is next to nothing while condi pressure is quite high.

And you can easily make exotic celestial Really not expensive anymore.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Aggrostemma.1703

Ash:
I know that Churning Earth is only good against bad players/AFK. Geomancy sounds good. With the Intelligence I tried to support the Power line. Like Fire Grab, RTL, Churning, etc…

Gokil:
What would you call a balanced hybrid? How much power and condi damage? I assume that ferocity and precision are “dump” stat here. I mean they are important but there is no space to get them.

Thanks for all the responses…

#I no words have"

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Gokil:

I don’t want to decide to go full power or full condi or not…That’s the whole point of the thread….

And do not tell me that Celestial armour is not expensive… One Damask is 16+ gold.

Anyways… that’s what I was asking… Is the 0/0/0/6/6 a must or not? I think not, since the fresh air build is all right as far as I know…

Thanks for all the suggestions!

EDIT: Sorry Gokil I re-read your post again… you didn’t suggest 6 in water nor in arcana… But if I put my points there I have no idea where my damage going to come from…

Seems like you’d enjoy the mightstacking dueling build.
It uses the spellslinger. Since you don’t want the celestial gear I just added in the stat thingies that I tend to go for.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYhcMKc24woBfEBGACxoDDmIwwbzKdG-TFiAAB6s/AIPIAW0CIq6PAcCAwRHgXK/aUJYAgDAe/933d3dLFAETjA-w

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I think you are confusing celestial armor with ascended.

All ascended use damask, be it celestial or not

Celestial needs crystals that you get on the event map going now for this month.
Ascended Celestial will use Damask and Crystal, Exotic celestial will use gossamer and crystals.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Ehhh I guess he didn’t read. Celestial armor alomg with weapons csn be make as an exotic version, which is now very cheap. It gives you ideal hybrid stats and for about sigils use battle like every ele xd. Doom is nice in duels. About traits I agree, too little defence out there. For the rune if you dont want to pay for strength I would consider rune of fire – hybrid rune, can give you fire aura which works with traits. I would also reccomend trying standard build, then changing (for me evasive arcana, ele attunement and heal in water are too good). 6 in water isn’t obligatory, 3 is enough, arcana imo too good not to take 6 with dd. With that in mind you could try 0/2/2/4/6 putting traits on auras (fire aura from rune gives you then protection, fury and swiftness, along with burn when hit/might and burning duration for more condi pressure). If you dont like/need evasive or elemental attunement you dan go for tht diamond skin.

in Elementalist

Aggrostemma.1703

For some strange reason I was sure Celestial can only come in Ascended quality. My bad I accept.

#I no words have"

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The thing is, if you go d/d, most of your sustain comes from protection and healing.
6 in arcana gives you that with Evasive Arcana and Ele attunement. And 3 in water complements that healing.

Sure you can go fresh air d/d, but that will be more focused on burst and would fit better with pve.

d/f is a good set up if you want to leave the 6 arcana and 3 water behind (or at least one of them) and keep a hybrid build. This is because the defense and condi cleanse on focus balance the lost of the heals and condi cleanse from leaving those poins. You will loose burst and mobility, but will get more defense and cc, leaving you open to trait more offensive.

even as a burst, you are better off with s/d or s/f as dagger main hand needs you to be up close, that means taking dmg (in pvp/wvw) so yea, those heals are important.