Ele-Jack of all trades??

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

So Anets idea for an ele was a jack of all trades? To be good at everything but best at nothing! Imo we aren’t good at enough to be a strong class…
so far ele is good at :
Survival/being tanky
Mobility
And that’s pretty much all I can think of..
Ele needs some form of stealth, decent dps or some form of a weapon swap to be more versatile…
Imo…
It needs to be good at ALL aspects of the game otherwise it just makes it a stupid kitten class…

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I don’t agree with your fix ideas, but I do agree that the “jack of all trades” direction Anet is trying to take is terrible. If they design the class to have no specialization, then when you try to specialize in something, you fall short of what other classes can achieve. At that point, wouldn’t it be more effective to roll a different class?

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Ele is actually medium in terms of mobility :p So I guess that means its in the right place for the jack of all trades goal?

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Ele is considered a very powerful class in PvP and WvW. Like the Ranger, our strengths in PvP formats don’t translate well to PvE, and so the Ele is sorta lackluster in PvE with no hopes of getting buffed in the near futute.

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Ele is considered a very powerful class in PvP and WvW. Like the Ranger, our strengths in PvP formats don’t translate well to PvE, and so the Ele is sorta lackluster in PvE with no hopes of getting buffed in the near futute.

Which is why I think anet should really stick to using those (PvP) splits. I don’t get why they use them so sparingly. The only thing I see stopping them is WvW and some some silly notion of making the transition from PvE to PvP smoother.

Besides, though they’re strong in pvp, it seems that their only viable builds revolve around bulky builds specced heavily into water and arcana. (but many classes suffer from this lack of diversity I guess)

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

You guys say they are strong in pvp, but are they really? You go 0/10/0/30/30 or you go home. That’s the only build that is even remotely viable in pvp, and I don’t think that build is really strong anymore after the recent nerfs. Other classes have at least some variation. For a “jack of all trades” class they don’t seem to have very many trades.

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

Ele needs… some form of a weapon swap to be more versatile…

Ummm, attunement swapping is a form of weapon swapping, so we have 4 weapon sets.

And eles are fine in PvE. My ele is just as useful in dungeons as my guardian.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Voxel.6473

Voxel.6473

So much has changed since the game released. We need damage buffs and faster spells.

A few common misconceptions.
Ele has the best CC in the game. No… they do not. We have a lot of slowing and cripple
Ele has the best mobility in the game. No… they do not.
Ele is a “Jack of all trades”. No… they are not.
Eles have a lot of skills. No… they do not. Many classes have other skills at the top of their skill bar, while Eles have attunement switching instead. Then other classes have many skills that double up skills all in one button.

(edited by Voxel.6473)

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

We need damage buffs and faster spells.

this, this so much T.T

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

S/F 20 10 30 0 10

But enough of 100% buffs and more to the topic.
Ele is definantly lacking in some departments. We get several nerfs which should prompt buffs. The buffs we do get are to signets. Maybe they are trying to push us from D/D bunker to S/D or S/F signet bunker.

The reason the D/D build works so well is due to the synergy between the skills and traits. I would like to see some more synergy in the upper parts of the traits, however, not specing into Arcane is a difficult choice as it grants quicker access to our on CD attunements. And with our HP and Armour so low without much to compensate, not specing water or earth is almost suicide.

I would like to see some synergy / dependancies and Fire / Air, so you could use the trait lines separate but when used together (sacrificing your healing and health) you get something not lacklustre in return

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Ele-Jack of all trades??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Jack of all trades is not what eles are, or should be. It is easier to rebrand something, than to make balance changes. I, for one, am disappointed in the intended rebranding and want what was originally advertised. And hey, it is still being advertised..

Elementalist

Elementalists are multi-faceted spellcasters that channel elemental forces, making fire, air, earth, and water do their bidding. What they lack in physical toughness, they make up in versatility and the ability to inflict massive damage in a single attack.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/elementalist/

There is one build that works in PvP, and one build in WvW that is encouraged/forced on you (in guilds, to my knowledge/experience), and the two are identical, except minor trait differences.

It started out as fun, trying all new builds once a while, when people were green still. Now, as people have learned and mastered their professions, reality is that we only have one (with minor variations) build in PvP. They keep trying to tone it down, but have damaged build diversity in the process that whatever wiggleroom there was before, is gone. We are doomed to spec deep into water and arcane, using defensive gear, as options become less and less.

I still hope they beef the elementalist up greatly this month (they need it), making sure that bunkers don’t get any/much stronger in the process, but plenty of other builds will surface and work out…