Ele Patch spoiler by Karl

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Rename this to "Ele Patch spoiler They still suck

Seriously this is worthy of a forum post to you? If you guys make this out like it is a big deal than I dread too see the future for elementalists. Quit making me go support and make damage builds more viable and fix this broken class.

Staff is a support weapon. If you don’t like playing support/ staff, and care about viable damage builds, there’s already s/f or s/d air burst builds for pvp (although certainly countered by the current meta, unfortunately), and s/d lightning hammer builds for pve.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

Rename this to "Ele Patch spoiler They still suck

Seriously this is worthy of a forum post to you? If you guys make this out like it is a big deal than I dread too see the future for elementalists. Quit making me go support and make damage builds more viable and fix this broken class.

Staff is a support weapon. If you don’t like playing support/ staff, and care about viable damage builds, there’s already s/f or s/d air burst builds for pvp (although certainly countered by the current meta, unfortunately), and s/d lightning hammer builds for pve.

Like im not aware? The problem with them is that they require a ton of more effort to so a the same amount of of damage as any other class, and which in PvP is easy to soak and avoid half the time to the most average of players.

My problem is that these builds are cookie cutter, stale and do not work.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I’ve swapped over to staff for PvP to be prepared when the changes arrive. Hopefully there are other goodies for us, beside the neat sounding Unsteady Ground (reworked). The changes they have revealed won’t make staff viable in PvP. Takes more than that.

The staff builds I currently test..
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhEmmbyx4gjDAEFm4yQhGjUeMzO2A-TkAgyCmI0SplTLjWStsaN+A

and..

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhEmmbyx4gjDAEFm4yQhGjUeMzO2A-TkAgyCmI0SplTLjWStsaN+A

.. just for good measure. ^^

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

I’ve swapped over to staff for PvP to be prepared when the changes arrive. Hopefully there are other goodies for us, beside the neat sounding Unsteady Ground (reworked). The changes they have revealed won’t make staff viable in PvP. Takes more than that.

The staff builds I currently test..

and..

.. just for good measure. ^^

Some suggestions:

This one is a maybe, up to you, change to 10 earth and 30 water

Change Cantrip Mastery to Soothing Distruption and Serrated Stones to Earth’s Embrace or Obsidian Focus (Ether Renewal).

Change Cleansing Fire (because it doesn’t stunbreak anymore AND you have Ether Renewal) to Armor of Earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

May be my imagination but i found Staff unusually more reactive tonight in twilight arbor. But maybe cause i haven’t been playing it for a while. I’ll give it a new try if wvw is up before i get sleepy.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Well staff got more responsive in the june patch, didn’t feel any changes today.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

Well staff got more responsive in the june patch, didn’t feel any changes today.

skill updates will be October 15th,today was the living world and a few others

in Elementalist

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

“You’ll see improvements to all 4 of the conjure weapons to make them stronger and better for support.”
that means 1 of the weapons still unbuffed, i hope is the shield

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

“You’ll see improvements to all 4 of the conjure weapons to make them stronger and better for support.”
that means 1 of the weapons still unbuffed, i hope is the shield

maybe Fiery Greatsword wasn’t counted because it’s elite?
or because it’s already used alot
also,i disagree:
the shield would actually be REALLY GOOD if Fortify would be castable while moving,it has a stun,cripple,tough/vit increase,and that invuln is like an engineers’ Tool Kit shield

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Leak patch notes already.

Karl and I will be doing a stream before the patch to ‘leak’ the majority of the changes. =)

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Karl and I will be doing a stream before the patch to ‘leak’ the majority of the changes. =)

I would hope something for Fire attunement focus is there.

The great forum duppy.

in Elementalist

DrTenma.7249

Attachments:

(edited by DrTenma.7249)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff. Focus and Staff.

Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits. Fire and Earth traits.

Tornado.
Tornado.
TORNADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

DrTenma.7249

Blasting Staff, Intelligence, Gust, Alacrity, Water Blast.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

• fix the kittening focus: fire #4, #5, air #4, water #4 are all terrible or redundant
  • fix dragon’s tooth: ground-targeted or faster animation+less damage
  • fix shatterstone: long delay + poor dmg coefficient = silly
  • signet build still kitten weak
  • glyph build still kitten weak
  • conjures still clunky

These problems have existed since BWE3. Now you guys are re-buffing staff after nerfing it to hell, not to mention D/D has also been nerfed into extinction. Kindly rethink your priorities before kittening up anything else.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowfax.7562

Shadowfax.7562

d / d and staff are great in WvW! Just need a clever build.

“Lingering Elements bug ":http://tinyurl.com/n58uag8

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

keep telling yourself that, all i see when i see a D/D Ele now is easy badges.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Shadowfax.7562

I chase 20 – 40 man zergs in wvw with dd spec. And they can’t kill me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Sorry but if they can’t kill you, they just suck. If half of that zerg just start autoattacking you with their ranged weapon, you’d die in second

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

I smell a liar…

in Elementalist

Shadowfax.7562

Sorry I don’t have my own videos, but I use practically the same build and style as daphoenix555
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKodXaqyHyU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxCue2avNkw

These are his videos.

40 people is only possible while defending castle by jumping with static field from the wall and struggling near gate. But with staff it is possible to “play” with 40 man zergs and to split them alone in an open space!

But ~20 people zergs is possible to survive in an open space with dd

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

I smell a liar…

Naaaah, not really.

You see people have this funny misconception that the 20-40 guys actualy care about the lone hero buzzing around them.

Chances are those 20-40 guys are heading somewhere to do something, they aren´t there to gank one lonely guy. The chances are even greater if those 20-40 guys mostly have single guild tag.

<edit> if it´s 20-40 randoms you´ll get the occasional chaser you might be able to even down, but then again, the rabbits pose about as much threat as those kind of pvers.
Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Shadowfax.7562

There is no purpose to chase zergs alone if you don’t have a near friendly zerg. The main aim is to split or stretch enemy zerg to make a proper fight possition for a friendly raid.

Guys we have 98% resistance to slow effects! I think not every elementalist player knows it…

(edited by Shadowfax.7562)

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

And then you fight one good tpvp player and get totally crushed.

in Elementalist

Shadowfax.7562

We do not speak about people who are gods of this game and top world players. I speak about average level and it’s no point to compare skills. I’m just saying that with a proper build elementalist can survive zergs and help friendly raids to tactically win zerg fights, just watch videos I shared above…

in Elementalist

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

This is an awesome change imo. I hope they don’t increase the cooldown too much. But it’s going to be fantastic for landing my AoEs in a 1v1 fight, something staff ele desperately needs.

I’m glad you like it, but as a non-PvP/WvW player it’s a nerf. It’s not a huge nerf (of the kick-to-the-crotch variety), but it’s definitely a nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Janairo.4289

Janairo.4289

keep telling yourself that, all i see when i see a D/D Ele now is easy badges.

I’ve noticed very few kills in his videos as of late. Impressive but most of the time he’s trolling zergs. Dd ele doesn’t have the respect it once had, partially due to necro and warrior and ranger buffs. Wish it did. It was the reason I leveled ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sanlucifer.1742

Sanlucifer.1742

Those videos of daphoenix are nice , he has almost as much mobility as a warrior or thief but with way WAY higher cooldowns and way WAY less damage and almost a decent survavility as them too but using x8 times more skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

We do not speak about people who are gods of this game and top world players. I speak about average level and it’s no point to compare skills. I’m just saying that with a proper build elementalist can survive zergs and help friendly raids to tactically win zerg fights, just watch videos I shared above…

I totally get what you are saying, I also get chased by 30 to 50 people and totally survived. I would do a video of it, but my computer cannot afford fraps and the other free video recording program that I know MSI, makes my computer crash.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Squishy classes like elementalists should not have to rely on mid-range (scepter) and melee weapons (dagger, lightning hammer) to do damage. If people like that play style, they’re welcome to it, but the thief and warrior are far better at it.

What happened to the Elementalist’s heavy long-range nuke viability back in GW? Glass cannon elementalists in GW used to be able to take down entire groups of PvE mobs amazingly fast (often offset by the tradeoff of significant cooldowns), and in PvP, Elementalists could actually be a force to be reckoned with.

Instead, in GW2, we get another change that makes AoE damage even less viable, and a buff to CCs which is the ONLY thing staff Elementalists do not need buffed.

This is why people question whether the devs ever actually play their own game.

Can’t WAIT to see what the other changes are. Perhaps they’re “buffing” the staff to make it 300 range. /s

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

(often offset by the tradeoff of significant cooldowns)

Hey now! We still have those!

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I still say conjures need usability buffs rather than power buffs. like cast speed/delay. Shorten the dead time between when you cast the spell and when you can start using the weapon, and lower the cooldown. Make the things more fluid to use. Alternatively, add a trait that does this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

IMHO, the main thing that needs to be reworked for eles is base attune swap CD. Instead of making it an abysmally long 16 or so second cooldown from attune swap, they should take it at the most down to 10 seconds base cooldown to at least make attune dancing more fluid instead of having to depend on the Arcana trait line to have these effects. This is ESPECIALLY true for any D/D ele having being stuck with cookie cutter x/x/x/x/30 builds. Each attune set has 4 separate skills with their own CDs that are hard to abuse, so why be stuck on one attunement auto attacking when/if you spent your attune swaps/skills? I understand there are some traits that take advantage of various effects when attune swapping, especially concerning the 15th point trait in the Fire/Air/Earth/Water lines, but these could be nerfed to scale with the swap CD reduction. You could also reduce it so each point in the arcana line further reduces base swap CD by 1% per point applied, maxing out at 30% base CD reduction, or 7s per attune swap CD. All I REALLY want to see out of eles are more fluidity of being able to swap attunements without depending on that kitten able arcana trait line! Engineers can do this with virtually no repercussions at all (And which is why I picked up and got great at my engi already) So what’s keeping elementalists back with its shortcomings in that regard?

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lina.9640

Lina.9640

What happened to the Elementalist’s heavy long-range nuke viability back in GW? Glass cannon elementalists in GW used to be able to take down entire groups of PvE mobs amazingly fast (often offset by the tradeoff of significant cooldowns), and in PvP, Elementalists could actually be a force to be reckoned with.

To be fair, the Elementalist was pretty awful in high end GW1 PvE. For years, the only meta build was as a healer that abused one elite. This was mainly attribute to creatures in hard mode having ridiculously high elemental armor (thus reducing ele damage to pot shot status) while the main damage dealers—ritualists, warriors, and assassins had a crapton of ignore armor damage.

At any rate, during the beta, the ele staff used to do high amounts of damage, but Anet has recently taken a stance of “AOE BAD” so I assume that all non-melee, ranged AOE attacks will eventually suffer the same fate as the staff.

If we’re lucky, elementalist will get a long range, single target weapon (hopefully two handed) that can either be played as a power weapon or as a desperately needed condi weapon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I don’t know why all you eles are happy about this change. IMO it’s a nerf.

• No kiting condition
  • Shorter duration
  • Defeated by Stability
  • Possibility of increased cooldown.

They’re nerfing ranged conditions. I think they’re finally getting the proper picture here.

in Elementalist

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

When/Where will this stream be? I can’t seem to find it.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

I agree with Vick above, and feel same way. Ive played every class,
and feel that Ele is actually SUB PAR on aoe compared to a properly
specced Enginner grenade spec (1500 range mind you), or even a
high initiative short bow Thief.

Its seems like they made the Ele capable of doing AOE and healing, but
average at both. The whole concept of the D/D specced Ele is not
appealing to me (ie no Wizard or spell caster feel to it).

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I don’t know why all you eles are happy about this change. IMO it’s a nerf.

• No kiting condition
  • Shorter duration
  • Defeated by Stability
  • Possibility of increased cooldown.

They’re nerfing ranged conditions. I think they’re finally getting the proper picture here.

1. It can now interrupt;
2. It can now push players down through hills for instant-kills;
3. It is no longer affected by condition cleansing;
4. Complete area denial can be as strong as aoe immobilize, which is far stronger than cripple;
5. It doesn’t requires the target to sit upon it for a long time to ever be meaningful;
6. It’ll now work very nice with shockwave, instead of being redudant;
7. Line of Warding from Guardians is an iconic class skill for a reason. The current UG is forgottable and mediocre for a reason.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

To be fair, the Elementalist was pretty awful in high end GW1 PvE. For years, the only meta build was as a healer that abused one elite. This was mainly attribute to creatures in hard mode having ridiculously high elemental armor (thus reducing ele damage to pot shot status) while the main damage dealers—ritualists, warriors, and assassins had a crapton of ignore armor damage.

At any rate, during the beta, the ele staff used to do high amounts of damage, but Anet has recently taken a stance of “AOE BAD” so I assume that all non-melee, ranged AOE attacks will eventually suffer the same fate as the staff.

If we’re lucky, elementalist will get a long range, single target weapon (hopefully two handed) that can either be played as a power weapon or as a desperately needed condi weapon.

Searing Flames and GlyphSac/MS E/Me builds were always viable, even if they weren’t really ‘meta’ level builds.

I remember DoA groups specifically recruiting Elementalists and RoJ Monks for the incredible nukage potential. Eles were recruited more for the continuous KDs from MS at that point, because you are correct that many mobs had an insane amount of elemental armor.

And, yeah, as far as the 2h single-target weapon, bring out the Elementalist rifle! ugh…

side note: GOD I MISS MY MONK. <—I just have to post that every once in a while.

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

Oh please no rifle for my ele (they look so awful :/)

If there was to be a 2h weapon for ranged single target damage, i’d like it to be… hmmm… let’s see… maybe a katana.

Anyway, I want a Rapier/Whip set.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

they should make it so Line of Warding acts like a wall we can’t pass either. That way i can use my greatsword 4 skill on it.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

they should make it so Line of Warding acts like a wall we can’t pass either. That way i can use my greatsword 4 skill on it.

I thought about the same thing :/

I guess I’ll just stand by my first idea playing with few others Eles, making 4 walls and casting Meteor Shower in the pit.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]