[Ele]RtL VS [Druid]Ancestral Grace

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Ride the Lightning got nerfed to 40s CD when it doesn’t hit because it gave too much mobility. However, Druids got the same skill except that it heals and it’s targeted on a 15s CD. Overall, it’s still about mobility and you can argue that Ancestral Grace is better. Why haven’t Anet done something about RTL? Discuss.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I think that the cooldown on ride the lightning could be lowered to 30 seconds. Off-hand dagger is not used much. However, I do not think they are the same skills, even if they both move you. One is a damage ability (obviously low) and the other a small heal. One is targeted, but can only go to places you can walk straight to, the other is a true leap. So I agree they are very similar, but I wouldn’t go below 30 seconds right now with this skill. I think before too much buffing is done (outside elites, what are they waiting for… /wrists) they need to bring some elite specs down a bit. But I definitely think a few small buffs to offhand dagger, warhorn and scepter would not upset balance in any way. So I am all for improving this skill via cooldown reduction, fixing some bad warhorn skills and improving scepters sustain damage some.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

Ok as a disclaimer, I agree they are not the same and I am not saying that RtL should be at 15s CD as well, but definitely less than 40s. Obviously, Eles have a lot more skills that synergizes well with RtL but the point I am trying to make is that, is it still worth the 40s CD?

Considering how buggy RTL hit box is, it goes off at 40s instead of 20s even if you think you’d hit your target but somehow it misses. And the reason why RtL was nerfed in the first place was because of its mobility. It allowed eles to easily reset fights which made them “God-tier” in 2012 GW2 that resulted to a series of nerfs.

However, Druids got the very skill that people suggested in the past as a change to RtL. It doesn’t even have any kind of the bothersome mechanics of RtL.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

You can’t look at these skills in a vacuum, Eles have access to 4 weapons worth of skills, so naturally they’re going to be much weaker than their weapon counterpart.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Ancestral Grace is also an evade, something RtL should have been but isn’t.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Ancestral Grace is skill from elite spec that you have to buy with your emonies, RTL is not.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

you gotta pay to win my boys.

edit: or rather pay to run.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

It absolutely should be reverted. or if they insist on keeping the ridiculous cooldown, it should be an invuln or do 5 times the damage it does now, or stun for 5 seconds when it hits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

What if it was RtL become aoe at the end of it and for each person you hit with it you get a cdr of say 15% so if you hit the max of 5 you get -75% but if you only hit one person its only 15%. The trick to this ideal is it stop ppl just blocking once and comply stopping the cdr of RtL if your able to hit more then one person it should be more usable in an fight.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Ancestral Grace is also a blast finisher :^)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

That actually was like salt in open wound. :c

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

You can’t look at these skills in a vacuum, Eles have access to 4 weapons worth of skills, so naturally they’re going to be much weaker than their weapon counterpart.

Yes, yes you can.

Eles have double the skills, but usually require two to three skills in combo to pull off the effects of one skill on other professions. Combined with low armor, low health and no in-built defenses, this leaves the Ele at a serious disadvantage.

I mean, every guide out there on how to beat an Ele boils down to:

“hit Ele until he goes into then out of Water, then hit with CC and condi”

When you look at skills like Ancestral Grace (on a medium armor class with a pet) or skills like Blurred Frenzy (on a class with minions, invis and evades and distortion) then you begin to see the lack of options an Ele has.

The ONLY real defensive option Eles have is the fact that opposing players have to see through all the skill F/X to be able to determine what the Ele is doing. But when the meta FOTM is tons of CC and condi-bombing, its difficult being a profession that has low to no access to Stability, combined with requiring double to triple skill activations for similar results to other professions. When you throw on ridiculous skill cooldowns on heavily nerfed skills, behind a profession mechanic that includes separate cooldowns and is very visual, well, yeah you can do straight up comparisons.

And the state of many skills, between RtL, Fire Shield, and all of Scepter is pretty lacking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I think a consistent 25s for rtl would be good, because let’s be honest, how often are we actually hitting things other than rabbits with this?

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

I think a consistent 25s for rtl would be good, because let’s be honest, how often are we actually hitting things other than rabbits with this?

L2P bro. I hit mosquitoes as well /sarcasm

(edited by Kyon.9735)