Ele WvW Builds, Share yours!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kurt Wulfgang.2436

Kurt Wulfgang.2436

Im currently running marauder s/f Air-Earth-Arcane, with diamond skin and arcane skill cooldown reduction, double arcane shield and arcane blast. It has average survivability, good-ish burst. Been thinking about switching to Celestial-D/F to see how it works. Any advice from the people who use Cele is appreciated.

Also, share your own WvW builds! I, as with other roamers like me, would love to see some new and creative WvW builds. Im sure a lot of Ele roamers have different builds since we have no meta atm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: xZyemto.3928

xZyemto.3928

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArNhcMovhdOgPilGAz9y2ZHtCVgAwHcYF0BeBA-TlCFQBA4EAcFlg1Y/B5p+jCVGkElCIRJWa0DsgHAgSUSQKgyFaB-w
Mostly used for small scale roaming or very specific 1v1 (retrib rev for exemple, swap Unstable Conduit for Gale Song).
If you are facing condis or dont use the earth signet (you will most likely use a cantrip, such as armor of earth), you may want to swap earth for water (1-1-1).
The third utility : depending of what I do, I use Arcane Shield, Aftershock or Glyph of elemental power (weakness uptime against rev is usefull and nobody expects it^^)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhcMowhdOwnB8RM0AY0RoG8DkKQA4DWZhrwUA-TlCFQBIRJGAOBAL4BAcFlgyT9HlokoG7PkElCpRPgCVGQKgyVaB-w
In general, this variant is better for duelling. And again, I swap one utility for earth signet and water traitline for earth traitline depending of the opponent build.

The hardest match ups (to me) are bruiser druid (aka not zerk druid) (totally unkillable), bruiser scrapper, condi war/reaper, as, if the players are good, I am unable to kill them. I simply don’t have enough damage against their sustain and I can’t handle their pressure long enough to overcome this sustain. This is in my opinion normal, as fresh air ele is weak and these builds are very strong in the current balance.

(edited by xZyemto.3928)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Most of the time I’m running the exact same build as xZyemto’s 2nd variant, except i run mist for armor, and only use the earth variant.

Lately I’ve been enjoying staff a lot. It’s the only weaponset I can bear playing tempest on, and the glyph heal buff helps it quite a bit. This is for solo up to 5-man roaming and some duelling.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnUMANYiVOAeOA8RglHAjYIED2BuP2M7nVIAcAahA-TFCEQBYS9ntoEsN6AAwDAgJK9g3+DP4CA4Q

Used to prefer fire over air (bot-top-top), but pyromancer’s and lava font nerfs hurt, so I picked lightning rod back up.

Staff is really fun. If you’ve never tried using outside of large scale combat, I’d say give it a shot.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

From what I’ve seen, people who master Ele are the true rulers of GW2. I should really give it more time.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

Nothing new, just refreshed version of Cele D/D with Tempest.
With this setup I’m able to win fights vs Condi Chrono and Ghost Thief.
Food is little expensive but worth the price.

ANet probably soon will nerf the Rune of Durability.

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

the rune is super strong. I would remove the sharing. I use it too in my hybrid build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMA9XiVYCOOA8RglNArINuBvBu31+6hd4BEAugA-TVCZABdcCA8RVFO3fwT9AAo8wFlg69AAcVtCDUiFAABYn1ZAc0je0je0j2OP6O35RPapAsbBA-w

After the patch i have precision infusions in my armor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

All of my builds are here: http://XtremeTheory.com/builds

I have 3 of my ele builds there.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Nothing new, just refreshed version of Cele D/D with Tempest.
With this setup I’m able to win fights vs Condi Chrono and Ghost Thief.
Food is little expensive but worth the price.

ANet probably soon will nerf the Rune of Durability.

FYI, Latent Stamina has some really nice synergy with invigorating torrents, renewing stamina, and elemental contingency to give you extra dodges quite frequently. Plus, ele contingency will give you that perma-prot. Unstable conduit isn’t that valuable against competent players, as you won’t really complete any of the channels except earth unless you do it while running away (which you would only do with water, and a little extra healing there is less valuable than the extra dodges).

It is subtle, but you will notice how much more often you can dodge, which helps fuel your evasive arcana power.

Worth consideration, and it gets even better in a group, as every water swap means that you get a full dodge.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

For Latent Stamina I can agree that it help a lot.
Elemental Contignency is nice but more in 1v1 than in 1vX.
Final Shielding save my butt more than once.

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eddbopkins.2630

Eddbopkins.2630

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArYhMMoxh1NwwB8RMIBYUPYFUDkFQAoCWPhW4fE-TlDBQBA4BAkFlIYRZ1AVFAhqEEgTAA4mgIBlg4TPgXUKIQ1QOoKE4QFB+t/QAAEA25615OHOSBk5WL-w

this is my build its vanilla, but uses some HOT gear and food, running s/d Arcana/air/water. if i could get away from water i would but cleansing is to important with the condi mesmers and thfs everywhere. I mostly just roam my self or in a small 2-4 man group. I find this build to be strong against alot of classes hi risk hi reward. with protection the food and frost aura im looking at 54% damage reduction, then i got the healing skill and regen application to clear my condis. i Use signet of air pretty much just for the stun brake 25 sec stun brake saves my life everytime i use it if it wasnt for that i wouldnt be able to do much of anything. specially with war 20 sec head but

edited for more words.

(edited by Eddbopkins.2630)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I still mostly play the same old glass staff (air/water/tempest; cantrips; zerk; strength runes etc.) that I use for all purpose (blob, scout, roaming solo or not). It is fun, versatile and challenging, hence why I still love it.