Ele base hp sorely needs a buff

in Elementalist

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

Title says it all , anyone else feel like elese realy have the short end of the stick when it comes to HoT pve content ?
i run zerk ele mainly but allso alternate pvt ocasionaly but when sharpshooters and snipers are hiting me for 12.1k dmg and my base hp is 12.5k zerk or 15k odd in soldiers it honestly makes no diferance whatsoever i still seem to die in two hits from most mobs and ocasionaly geting downed in one hit.

im sure someone will say something like learn to dodge or use your skills better ect but when you are doing evets and are surounded by 6-8 mobs at a time with events that last 5-10 mins sooner or latter you run out of skills and dodge
i dont care how good you are you simply cant dodge everything
ele base hp was decided long ago based on old world content when mobs did a lot less dmg and more and more as Anet push the dificulty scale higher and higher us eles are strugleing to stay on our feet in these events simply coz we cant take a hit

for me this is realy frustrateing and for the first time ever realy has me considering changeing my main we dont like being downed in one shot its just a cheesy mechanic that no one likes i dont see this happening ot other clasess why is it considerd ok for the ele ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Don’t run zerker then. Ele HP is fine.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

i do run zerk on my tempest in the junge and get along just fine, you just need to pay attention

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Elementalist

thefinnster.7105

perhapse you didnt read my post properly i play both zerk and soldierd and it makes little diff 12k hp or 15k hp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

i do run zerk on my tempest in the junge and get along just fine, you just need to pay attention

This. Ele survivalbility never came from the base stats anyways, it’s because of the synergies in your build, so if you play it properly, you should be fine.

There might be reasons why we would want ele hp to be buffed…your complaint is not one of them.

in Elementalist

thefinnster.7105

This. Ele survivalbility never came from the base stats anyways, it’s because of the synergies in your build, so if you play it properly, you should be fine.

There might be reasons why we would want ele hp to be buffed…your complaint is not one of them.

dude im a 20k ap ele playing since launch as my main plz dont insinuate i dont know how to play my class thats just insulting

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I’ve explored quite a bit of the jungle on Berserker Elementalist and was fine. I even got Tempest on the first day, which required quite a bit of searching for Hero Points I could do with low masteries.

Base Ele health is fine. It’s justified given all of the capabilities they have. It’s why they have so many skills and so many strong traits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Base health is OK given our active sustain abilities. However given that we are so reliant on these abilities for survival it limits our options. There is an argument to introduce more variety by increasing base health whilst reducing these survival options.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

This is a nonsense reply.

If I can run zerker on reaper/revenant/chrono/warrior/engineer, but I have to use a lower damage gearset on elementalist just to function, there’s no reason whatsoever to play an elementalist over the durable classes who can use zerker.

What don’t you get about risk vs. reward, the lowest HP classes at the very least on a dagger build should be having more damage potential for the risk, but that’s not remotely true in PvE.

Tempest dagger/warhorn ele is all glass and no cannon in zerker.

in Elementalist

Shadowflare.2759

dude im a 20k ap ele playing since launch as my main plz dont insinuate i dont know how to play my class thats just insulting

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodhcMozhtMwnB0RMIBYzHYCcBl7YAoCWPhmQSA-TRzHwAhUDwjqE6VJpnyohKRGcCA8p04hWAv6AirEU1+DAeAAfURAA-e

This is the build I started HoT with. It’s not full zerk because I haven’t had the chance to replace them all with ascended after I stopped doing WvW, but it doesn’t even have 15k hp. I’ve not had any trouble in HoT aside from some of the champs for hero points, which weren’t meant to be soloed anyways.

After I unlocked tempest, things got even easier despite not having changed gears. So if I’m not having trouble, obviously the problem isn’t universal.

Ps. Judging someone’s skills in PvE by looking at AP is about as effective as judging someone’s skills in PvP by looking at their glory rank. Aka not very accurate.
I also mained ele since headstart, I have 12k AP because I don’t care about a lot of the PvE achievements. So you throwing around your 20k AP doesn’t tell me anything about the way you play.

(edited by Shadowflare.2759)

in Elementalist

Zenith.7301

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodhcMozhtMwnB0RMIBYzHYCcBl7YAoCWPhmQSA-TRzHwAhUDwjqE6VJpnyohKRGcCA8p04hWAv6AirEU1+DAeAAfURAA-e

This is the build I started HoT with. It’s not full zerk because I haven’t had the chance to replace them all with ascended after I stopped doing WvW, but it doesn’t even have 15k hp. I’ve not had any trouble in HoT aside from some of the champs for hero points, which weren’t meant to be soloed anyways.

After I unlocked tempest, things got even easier despite not having changed gears. So if I’m not having trouble, obviously the problem isn’t universal.

Ps. Judging someone’s skills in PvE by looking at AP is about as effective as judging someone’s skills in PvP by looking at their glory rank. Aka not very accurate.
I also mained ele since headstart, I have 12k AP because I don’t care about a lot of the PvE achievements. So you throwing around your 20k AP doesn’t tell me anything about the way you play.

Anything not full zerk is meaningless anyways, you either bring full zerk to the raid or we replace you with someone who can.

My advice to people would be to choose the grandmaster for the warhorn that increases boon duration and procs warhorn earth 4 for magnatic aura and protection when you hit 80% health.

It prevents the ridiculously OP frogs and snipers from 2-3 shotting you from range as the magnetic aura gives you time to survive and apply damage.

The problem is when there are multiple ranged mobs all focusing you from range, you are going to go down if you don’t LoS them into melee.

Also, the vets/elite/champs who punish melee will make your life as a Tempest hell.

I’m playing Tempest because I sunk some gold into Howler, but this spec is definitely weak compared to Reaper/Chrono/Revenant/Engineer and even Dragonhunter.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Ele is literally the squishiest class and doesn’t fit into the playstyle of the xpac. The way to level is to tag lots of mobs quickly. Staff & Scepter are slow at tagging, so dagger is our best way to tag. However, being in melee puts us at risk.

So, in order to do the same things other classes do, we have to constantly heal and heal, which makes us incredibly susceptible to dying to CC (which the mobs have a huge amount of) or one-shot mechanics (that are more like two-shot mechanics to most other classes).

I don’t think that Ele’s HP necessarily needs a buff. But if we had something for PvE that made us just a little bit more tanky while mainhand-ing dagger, it’d feel a lot more comfortable. Or some stealth like the other squishy classes.

Until then, Ele has a skill cap for PvE that doesn’t exist for the other classes.

in Elementalist

Shadowflare.2759

Anything not full zerk is meaningless anyways, you either bring full zerk to the raid or we replace you with someone who can.

We’re not talking about raids. Obviously if we go against monsters that simplifies the combat situation to “get one-shot” or “get one shot maybe”, then we’d want the dps. That is also assuming there are no further mechanics being introduced to prevent this.

My advice to people would be to choose the grandmaster for the warhorn that increases boon duration and procs warhorn earth 4 for magnatic aura and protection when you hit 80% health.

It prevents the ridiculously OP frogs and snipers from 2-3 shotting you from range as the magnetic aura gives you time to survive and apply damage.

The problem is when there are multiple ranged mobs all focusing you from range, you are going to go down if you don’t LoS them into melee.

Also, the vets/elite/champs who punish melee will make your life as a Tempest hell.

I’m playing Tempest because I sunk some gold into Howler, but this spec is definitely weak compared to Reaper/Chrono/Revenant/Engineer and even Dragonhunter.

Not taking element bastion is a huge reduction on your own survivalbility as a tempest.

Warhorn at the moment is the most underwhelming part of tempest, gimping yourself because you want to play with your Howler is hardly a reason to ask for changes to ele hp. If anything you should be focusing on asking for warhorn to be made better. In the meantime…use focus because it has an innate reflect in earth 4 and invuln on earth 5.

Once you learn the patterns on the frogs and snipers, you just reflect everything and laugh because they hit themselves for thousands with each reflected shot. I’ve honestly never thought they were anywhere OP after my initial encounter with them in the betas.

There’s also no rules saying that you have to melee as a tempest…We can still disengage and weapon swap. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to run away.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Staff & Scepter are slow at tagging, so dagger is our best way to tag. However, being in melee puts us at risk.

Staff with an instant AoE on a potential 4 second cooldown is slow at tagging?

Anyways, I wrote a long post in the Casual PVE Build thread on fighting in the new content.

I don’t want to get into the base hp debate, but being what it is, you are going to be swapping your utility slots around a lot based on what type of mobs you are facing.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

Wait…
there are other armor sets that aren’t zerker :0
/s

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

If our base survivability were increased and our reliance on active defense techniques decreased, it might actually become possible for a wider variety of builds to function. That would be pretty great.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Zenith.7301

We’re not talking about raids. Obviously if we go against monsters that simplifies the combat situation to “get one-shot” or “get one shot maybe”, then we’d want the dps. That is also assuming there are no further mechanics being introduced to prevent this.

Not taking element bastion is a huge reduction on your own survivalbility as a tempest.

Warhorn at the moment is the most underwhelming part of tempest, gimping yourself because you want to play with your Howler is hardly a reason to ask for changes to ele hp. If anything you should be focusing on asking for warhorn to be made better. In the meantime…use focus because it has an innate reflect in earth 4 and invuln on earth 5.

Once you learn the patterns on the frogs and snipers, you just reflect everything and laugh because they hit themselves for thousands with each reflected shot. I’ve honestly never thought they were anywhere OP after my initial encounter with them in the betas.

There’s also no rules saying that you have to melee as a tempest…We can still disengage and weapon swap. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to run away.

I’m taking warhorn let alone tempest because I want to play the elite spec as advertised.

Otherwise I wouldn’t even bother to spec Tempest in PvE as all traits are terrible, what are you going to do with Elemental Bastion when on a dagger/focus you got 2 auras, both of which are terrible in a PvE setting (shocking aura doesn’t work on most mobs you need it against, since it doesn’t work on ranged mobs, champs, or even some vets thanks to breakbars making most CC useless unless coordinated with a group).

In fact, Tempest is a terrible traitline for PvE, period. The adepts are all useless, 3 secs vigor aoe or eye of the storm on cc the least mediocre of the bunch, the other one a garbage aura proc on overload finish (auras are garbage in PvE, since as a 12k hp ele you don’t even want to get hit to proc 1 stack of might or shave off 10% less damage from an attack that will still 1-2 shot you).

The minors are horrendous, swiftness when casting an overload is total garbage given the abundance of swiftness in the game or the fact you already get a speed boost while in air attunement, which will be your most frequent overload with fresh air.

Then there’s the master and grandmasters, all particularly worthless for PvE as well.

The masters have harmonious conduit having too short a duration on both effects. Should be 3 stacks of stability and 10-12 sec duration on the buff.

Tempestuous Aria has a pitiful 3 sec weakness and only 2 pitiful stacks of might, tied to shouts which are already useless in PvE with the exception of Shock and Aftershock.

Hardy conduit lasts too little and is a selfish effect with no offensive benefit to the elementalist nor group utility, just a minor to reduce the sting of being stuck channeling a 4 sec cast on a 10k base hp class.

So, yeah, I’m running a suboptimal dagger/warhorn Tempest build.

I’m running a suboptimal build anyways in any case I choose Tempest. It’s truly a terrible spec for PvE at the moment.

Yes, I know vanilla D/F without Tempest at all is plain better.

My point is the kitten elite spec we were advertised should not be such a major stinker compared to reaper/chrono/herald/dragonhunter/scrapper who are all doing great in all game formats with multiple gearsets and not just as some gimmick bunker spec.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

thinks ap is a measure of understanding and success.
feels insulted because people don’t respect his superior understanding of the game.

xDDDD

Ele / Guardian

in Elementalist

Shadowflare.2759

I’m taking warhorn let alone tempest because I want to play the elite spec as advertised.

Otherwise I wouldn’t even bother to spec Tempest in PvE as all traits are terrible, what are you going to do with Elemental Bastion when on a dagger/focus you got 2 auras, both of which are terrible in a PvE setting (shocking aura doesn’t work on most mobs you need it against, since it doesn’t work on ranged mobs, champs, or even some vets thanks to breakbars making most CC useless unless coordinated with a group).

First of all, like I said, warhorn sucks, if you force yourself to use it in its current state, well that’s your problem. No one would pity you if you complain that a s/d ele isn’t as competitive as a d/d ele in pvp, same situation here.

Secondly, you’ve got to be either kidding or you’re just choosing to ignore the blatantly obvious trait synergies that you could have in a tempest auramancer build.

You have 2 auras from D/F. We also have at least 3 shouts that give an aura. Then we can get another 2 auto-proc auras coming from tempest defense and element bastion. Then if you take unstable conduit, which contrary to your beliefs is actually the best out of the 3 adept traits, that gives you another aura for each overload you complete. I’m going to ignore rebound for this calculations but that’s also another possibility.

So we can have give or take 8 ways to trigger the heal from element bastion. Fire shield may not be strong on its own, but if you take the right traits, you can gain
swiftness+fury and a choice of:
protection that gives 40% dmg reduction OR regen + vigor.
and 778+ heal.
And even if you don’t think much of the burn and might that you get, you get them passively if you have it active.

The same boons can be obtained by shock aura, which still definitely works against trash mobs and (not clearly tested as of this writing) stun which could maybe contribute to taking down break bar.

Also, if you have focus, ranged attacks is nearly a non-issue considering you have air 4 and earth 4, and maybe magnetic aura from “aftershock”.

In fact, Tempest is a terrible traitline for PvE, period. The adepts are all useless, 3 secs vigor aoe or eye of the storm on cc the least mediocre of the bunch, the other one a garbage aura proc on overload finish (auras are garbage in PvE, since as a 12k hp ele you don’t even want to get hit to proc 1 stack of might or shave off 10% less damage from an attack that will still 1-2 shot you).

The minors are horrendous, swiftness when casting an overload is total garbage given the abundance of swiftness in the game or the fact you already get a speed boost while in air attunement, which will be your most frequent overload with fresh air.

Then there’s the master and grandmasters, all particularly worthless for PvE as well.

The masters have harmonious conduit having too short a duration on both effects. Should be 3 stacks of stability and 10-12 sec duration on the buff.

Tempestuous Aria has a pitiful 3 sec weakness and only 2 pitiful stacks of might, tied to shouts which are already useless in PvE with the exception of Shock and Aftershock.

Hardy conduit lasts too little and is a selfish effect with no offensive benefit to the elementalist nor group utility, just a minor to reduce the sting of being stuck channeling a 4 sec cast on a 10k base hp class.

So, yeah, I’m running a suboptimal dagger/warhorn Tempest build.

I’m running a suboptimal build anyways in any case I choose Tempest. It’s truly a terrible spec for PvE at the moment.

Yes, I know vanilla D/F without Tempest at all is plain better.

My point is the kitten elite spec we were advertised should not be such a major stinker compared to reaper/chrono/herald/dragonhunter/scrapper who are all doing great in all game formats with multiple gearsets and not just as some gimmick bunker spec.

If you’re trying to have the optimal DPS for organized dungeon/fractal/raids, yea, tempest is not what you want, that much was obvious since the spec was revealed. However to say that it is horrible for PVE, like I said, you’ve got to either be kidding or just BSing. All I’m seeing is someone who has taken the completely wrong approach with tempest and then complain that the spec is kitten

aid before, depending on your trait choices, you can give a tremendous amount of boons through applications of auras, and this doesn’t require you to gear as a support at all. And best of all, these boons are NOT always selfish applications.

3 Shouts by default spreads the aura, and associated boons to all allies in 600 range.

This means that if you’re an earth/air specced tempest, whenever you cast each of these aura shouts, you can give allies an aura which comes with a heal, protection that gives 40% dmg reduction (which can be combined with further reduction from frost aura), swiftness and fury. (You can also take invigorating torrents for the regen/vigor obviously)

If you’re a water/air specced tempest, when you spread auras by shouts, you can give auras which give a heal, swiftness and fury, and combo cleansing water with invigorating torrents for regen and vigor and condi removal. If you instead choose to take powerful aura and spread your self-applied auras from weapon skills and traits, you lose the condi cleanse but open up more opportunities to apply the heal+swiftness+fury+regen+vigor.

All above builds can take trooper runes to add a bit more condi cleanse to all allies affected by shouts. (including non-aura shouts)

What tempests lack at the moment is, depending on builds:
-condi removal (for earth specs)
-lack of viable stunbreaks that synergize with auras (overload not always reliable due to ramp-up time)
-lack of strong stability both during and out of overload
-lack of mobility
-a stronger elite (but “rebound” is still one that can actually can have decent synergy unlike our other elites)

Would I like traits or skills to be modified to improve these things? Sure, I would definitely be happy with more stability from harmonious conduit, or have more condi clears that do not require speccing into water. But as it is now, it’s still quite strong when you take the correct traits that has synergy, at the very least in the open world. It may not measure up to some of the other elite specs, but many of them are mostly overtuned and as you can see are getting nerfed repeatedly.

So going back on topic: No, the new areas did not show that eles needs more base HP. Assuming you make and play your build right, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to do well. There are other reasons for the request, but not this one.

Ps. As a final tidbit, for an earth spec tempest, they can have -40% dmg from protection, another -10% from frost aura, and -10% more if enemy is in 360 range. So for a d/f. that’s a lot of dmg reduction.

(edited by Shadowflare.2759)

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Just don’t get shot by snipers, they have so many tells and are easily controlled. Ele isn’t going to face tank if you’re wearing zerk gear.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

Run Lightning-Earth-Tempest with Dagger focus, plenty of active mitigation and still okish damage, soloed some champs with it fine. Have not had to many problems in the new zone especially when you get familiar with the mechanics, for boss fights I run staff fire/lightning/tempest ( large hit boxes and all). The staff build doesnt work very well when facing large groups of enemies, you get picked out and 1 shotted by snipers for example.

I do agree with some other posters that for the risk eles should get more damage with dagger focus or dagger dagger.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

I agree with you. Ele needs an hp buff, period. Anyone who tells me he has no trouble dealing with a vet frog or can solo a champ on ele is full of it. I want to see the video. Some people with issues feel the need to attack people who report having problems with the game. It happens in every thread.

I have no problem dealing with the frogs on ranger, reaper/necro or mesmer. I can do many of the hp champs with my ranger. But those frogs are a PITA on ele because they hit hard and ele does crap damage. I have to heal my way through most fights with frogs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lorath.2504

Lorath.2504

I do agree with some other posters that for the risk eles should get more damage with dagger focus or dagger dagger.

I always wondered about this. Why does the higher risk weapon set come with lower damage output for eles?

(edited by Lorath.2504)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

The whole game is fundamentally flawed, instead of players feeling powerful as they level and get gear we get to feel inadequate and weak, not to mention the constant nerfing of anything that could ever be viable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

I never understood why the difference between light and heavy armor is ~300 armor (translating to 300 toughness) but the difference between low and high base HP is ~7500 HP (translating to 750 vitality). Just for reference, the stat total on a full set of exotic armor (3-stats) is ~1000.

In PvP the compensation with boons and and active defenses works fine and eles/guards with the lowest HP are one of the better tank specs.

In PvE it’s hard to balance around that stat difference. 12-13k hits oneshot the low HP classes , while it only takes out ~60% of the base HP of high HP classes. A full soldier’s ele barely survives a 19k hit, but so do high HP classes without defensive investment. This has implications on raid balance: How can you balance around that 5% stat total of ascended vs. exotic? How can you punish berzerkers/sinisters but not knights/soldiers when the stat difference on armor is in the range of the base stat differences?

Proposal: change the HP difference between low and high to 3000HP/300vit. For example: 14500/16000/17500, keeping mid tier HP intact.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

If ele had more hp, she would be nearly invincible with that sustain. I play zerker scepter focus/staff and never had a problem about hp actually.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I agree with you. Ele needs an hp buff, period. Anyone who tells me he has no trouble dealing with a vet frog or can solo a champ on ele is full of it. I want to see the video. Some people with issues feel the need to attack people who report having problems with the game. It happens in every thread.

I have no problem dealing with the frogs on ranger, reaper/necro or mesmer. I can do many of the hp champs with my ranger. But those frogs are a PITA on ele because they hit hard and ele does crap damage. I have to heal my way through most fights with frogs.

Elementalist’s survival relies on your build, gear and skill. Elementalist have low HP but we have more survival boons to make up for it. That is why most elementalist use water/arcane traits in pvp/wvw setting. We can fully heal multiple times a minute with that build. In PvE many use full dps builds relying on dodging to negate most of the damage. You can not dodge all of the range dps from those frogs but you can reflect it. Any range mob will die to an tempest once you start using magnetic auras(focus/warhorn/utility/overload/traits).

The whole game is fundamentally flawed, instead of players feeling powerful as they level and get gear we get to feel inadequate and weak, not to mention the constant nerfing of anything that could ever be viable.

Well its not that you are getting weaker. Its just that players are asking for more difficult content. Instead of afking attacking a enemy you have to make quick choices to decide a fight. Dodging at the right time, timing your abilities, so on. Elementalist have a high skill cap because of this.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

all 3 month the same thread

[ x ] Yes, it needs more Base HP
[ x ] before HoT it needs more base HP but less sustain
[ x ] since HoT it needs more base HP without less sustain

in Elementalist

Posted by: Duke of Thorin.7425

Duke of Thorin.7425

Ele base hp is pretty awful; sustain doesn’t matter when you die before you can react. This leads to needing to take preemptive action (say, against thieves) to prevent just dying in one hit. This kind of play isn’t positive, isn’t rational, and leads to generally worse end-user gameplay.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

We don’t need more HP, we need a good elite profession.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

We don’t need more HP, we need a good elite profession.

As a start, I’d do with a single good elite SKILL.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

There are millions of skills for ele to become “immune” to damage or to escape. Only time I get bothered with thieves and death is when I skip defensive traits and skills to deal “moar” damage. But in a balanced trait & skill set, ele has no problem I think. At least I did not have any.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

I think it’s an pragmatist vs. idealist issue here. I understand the pragmatists saying “okay, ele works somehow, why change the hp?”, but I’m more on the idealist side which says “the game as a whole would be easier to balance with the difference between HP tiers would be smaller”.

Just because it works somehow, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t room for improvement. Scepter works… somehow. Tempest works… somehow. And yet, there are people complaining because the state of Tempest or Scepter could be better. Rightfully so. If everybody would be okay with the “somehow works” state of the class, there wouldn’t be much to discuss here.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Run builds that allow heavy protection uptime. Now you basically have 40% more HP than you had before. Air/Earth/Tempest builds allow you to run pretty glassy and still stay alive relatively easily.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

@OP

We had a same topic on the guardian forums a few weeks ago. The OP of that topic wanted to buff the guardian’s HP to something 20k like warriors.

I did not support that idea either (I main a hybrid GS/Hammer guardian in sPvP and HoT too…).

Why? Because your and my profession was created with the added survivability in mind. Ele’s have a crapload of buffs and heals and Gua’s have loads of active mitigation and initial toughness.

If you was buffing the HP of the ele or the gua all hell would brake loose…

The celele is in the meta for a reason… They can 3v1 in ESL just fine.
Guardians used to be the only “zerkers” in the high-PvP ground for a reason… They could and can melt faces while staying alive.

Your and my main prof can just dominate in high level PvP WITHOUT any HP buff. Just imagine what would happen if your dream came true?

Just my two cents…

#I no words have"

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I agree with Ele’s needing a vitality buff, especially since Water Magic no longer gives health.

Guardians have heavy armor and aegis, thieves have stealth and evades, while Eles have dodging, a few 3 second protection skills, and little else.

I’d be fine with just 1000 more health.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in Elementalist

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

May be a bit late to reply but anyway. I don’t care how you play, and I don’t know how well you play, I am just saying that i get along just fine without a sigle point invested in defensive stats, fore some of the hero points you may want help, but in pve ele allways relied on a decent party to allow him to be played at his full potential, if you wannt easy mode id suggest condi ranger, those hero challanges are loughably easy with a pat that taks a few hits.

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Elementalist

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

As much as you don’t want to hear it, OP, the issue is more of a l2p.

If I run full Berserker on my Ele I run with the expectation of being one shot by practically everything. In HoT, especially, the amount of mobs and their given damage is absolutely insane. You’re right, you can’t dodge everything so you have to fill in the gaps which what will help you survive. That’s not to say the class is weak or underpowered, but it requires a bit of planning. You even said it in your initial post that running soldier’s with 15k made no difference to you so why ask for the HP buff then?

Similar to a Guard we rely on our resources rather than our Health to get by. Yes, they have Aegis, but that’s only one attack mitigated and they don’t get to choose whether to get to block the kill shot or a small attack from a barrage. We have excellent access to Protection, large amounts of heals, projectile control, evades and vulnerabilities on our skills, and we can summon minions to draw aggro from us.

Ultimately, it’s a matter of bringing the right tool for the job. But yes, Ele’s can get absolutely destroyed if you plan on just waltzing into HoT maps.