Posted by: Taku.9351

Taku.9351

ele > everything else

all from a single tourney

Ele = best. D/D tournament ele video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Qori.9671

Qori.9671

do you really use the F1-F4 buttons to swap elements or do you use one of those gaming mouses ? I had my keys all weird keybound and watching your video made me want to try to go back to the default. But then I thought maybe your not really using the keys it shows in your screen haha.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rophus.1469

Rophus.1469

After seeing you using one of the only viable builds, I stopped watching. Extremely high hp (20k) and rather pathetic looking damage numbers.

in Elementalist

Taku.9351

1560 power 1469 condition damage. It’s more of a hybrid damage build — if you look at burn/bleed damage it may do you well

in Elementalist

Taku.9351

do you really use the F1-F4 buttons to swap elements or do you use one of those gaming mouses ? I had my keys all weird keybound and watching your video made me want to try to go back to the default. But then I thought maybe your not really using the keys it shows in your screen haha.

i use F1-F4 keys… mm

in Elementalist

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

What’s with the weird camera movement?

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amnon.4769

Amnon.4769

Excellent gameplay video! I only wish the camera wouldn’t jerk around so much so I could see which skills you were hitting.

in Elementalist

Taku.9351

Excellent gameplay video! I only wish the camera wouldn’t jerk around so much so I could see which skills you were hitting.

oh gosh.. it’s the youtube stabilize thing.. let me see if i can turn it off

in Elementalist

Posted by: Morkai.7645

Morkai.7645

1560 power 1469 condition damage. It’s more of a hybrid damage build — if you look at burn/bleed damage it may do you well

Burn and bleed is meh, conditions can be removed and the damage healed. Dot in spvp is junk. Burn and bleed doesnt do enough damage fast enough to win against smart players. Burst dps is better. I run a 51/52 crit build with 20k hp and can dominate most classes. Nice video but nothing really exciting. But it does show the power of d/d if played to it’s potential.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

wow players make me so dizy with all their mouse turning circle straife nonsense.
I am awe struck by how effective you are at Spvp solo qued on the roughest least popular spec of the 2nd least popular class though sir.. i am sitting here jaw on the floor.

in Elementalist

Taku.9351

Burn and bleed is meh, conditions can be removed and the damage healed. Dot in spvp is junk. Burn and bleed doesnt do enough damage fast enough to win against smart players. Burst dps is better. I run a 51/52 crit build with 20k hp and can dominate most classes. Nice video but nothing really exciting. But it does show the power of d/d if played to it’s potential.

I’ll try going power and see how it goes.. the strength of this build is the stability/undeath factor (since i wanted toughenss, I put rune of the undead to add the condition damage)

I’ll reupload the video since youtube added some nice unshakyness to the original

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cynical.2097

Cynical.2097

What traits are you using??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wulfrim.4793

Wulfrim.4793

I watched your video and it looked like you went up against really poor pvpers. The only decent player I saw was the ranger you fought and he would have won had your ally not come in and finished his downed state. The rest just kinda stood there and paniced while you ran circles around them. I’m not saying you’re bad, I’m saying the people you went up against were bad.

Kara Bune – Elementalist 80 – Tarnished Coast
Katniss Shade – Necromancer 80 – sPvp rank – 29
Emma Wolfsbane – Thief 80 – Looking for Guild

in Elementalist

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

I thought you pvp’d extremely well! It is making me want to switch from s/d to d/d lol.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Btw, what is your build in the video?

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nick.3926

Nick.3926

Chuck Voris would make Chuck Norris proud.

in Elementalist

Taku.9351

I’m maxed earth/water and 10 in arcane. I do feel forced into earth/water due to the fact that.. We die so fast if we don’t (and we don’t really do that much extra damage if we spec into fire/lightning).

in Elementalist

Taku.9351

I watched your video and it looked like you went up against really poor pvpers. The only decent player I saw was the ranger you fought and he would have won had your ally not come in and finished his downed state. The rest just kinda stood there and paniced while you ran circles around them. I’m not saying you’re bad, I’m saying the people you went up against were bad.

Possibly what you saw was them getting stunned repeatedly due to lightning shield (which seem to stun ranged too if they have specific weapons?)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zolii.3561

Zolii.3561

Here’s a few things I noticed that could improve your play:

1. After you knock somebody down with air 4 5 combo and switch to fire, you should be using 3 4 right away. If you aim it right you’ll hit both while they’re still down. This utilizes the knockdown of air 5 and the mobility of fire 3 much better than using fire 2 right away when switching to fire.

Honestly, I wouldn’t even use fire 2 when first rotating to fire. Its dps isn’t that great, the hit box is extremely clunky when you and your opponent are moving (notice how few ticks you get off on opponents?), and you can’t dodge without cancelling it. The only time I’d use it would be if the opponent is slowed (so rotating to fire right after water) or immobilized (earth 3) to ensure I get every dps tick off. And that’s when fire 3 and 4 are off cd, so not often. Instead, I’d switch to earth faster to chain knockdowns together and get the bleed going.

2. And now that I’ve mentioned dodging, you need to dodge more, as well as dodge more intelligently. If you’re going against a sustained dps/low burst build like the ranger you faced, you should still be dodging to cover ground faster. Also, if you can get right next to their face it’s nice for the next point.

3. You under utilize auto attacks. D/D ele is bursty/less sustained damage than scepter/D, so you’re naturally going to run out of hard hitting spells by your third rotation.

Both fire and air auto attacks can do a decent amount of damage. Usually, if it’s a ranged enemy, air auto attack and 2 is decent enough to space out spells. Fire auto attack is harder to aim effectively (hit more than 1 line) when your enemy is running from you. In contrast, if a melee enemy, fire 1 has enough range to continue kiting. If you space it right, you’ll hit more than just 1 of the 3 lines as they ran at you (easier to predict where they’ll go since they want to give you a hug), and therefore do decent dps.

At the end of a couple of fights you’re just in earth attune spamming the auto attack to take the remaining health. Try avoiding that by managing spell rotations/auto attacks/dodging more efficiently.

4. Cleansing fire. Why do you have it? You don’t use it often and it’s taking a valuable utility slot. Arcane blast or wave are two great options, and you can choose one of them depending on personal preference. Air 4 5 fire 3 4 arcane spell is great combo.

You said you were 30 water/30 earth/10 arcane, but I’m not sure which traits you’re using. For the 30 grandmaster trait in water you can spec into ‘cure condition on regen.’ This should solve most condition problems you have since swapping to water will automatically cure 2 conditions (assuming you have cleansing wave as well, which most do), and another 2 from water 5.

It’s overall a great video. Keep up the good work

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otiz.3259

Otiz.3259

ele > everything else

all from a single tourney

Based on this vid?

I’m sorry but your skills are very mediocre.

I really wasn’t blown away by this movie and I can guarantee you that any other class are just as capable to contribute as much as you are, with less effort.

My point being that make such a statement just to back it up with a terrible video.

in Elementalist

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

+1. Better post a good video to back up ridiculous claims and you didn’t.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Mediocre at best.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Deathcall.2104

Deathcall.2104

i have to agree with the rest, it is rather mediocre…i have had a good relationship with d/d for a long time and u havent done it justice

in Elementalist

Taku.9351

1. After you knock somebody down with air 4 5 combo and switch to fire, you should be using 3 4 right away. If you aim it right you’ll hit both while they’re still down. This utilizes the knockdown of air 5 and the mobility of fire 3 much better than using fire 2 right away when switching to fire.

Honestly, I wouldn’t even use fire 2 when first rotating to fire. Its dps isn’t that great, the hit box is extremely clunky when you and your opponent are moving (notice how few ticks you get off on opponents?), and you can’t dodge without cancelling it. The only time I’d use it would be if the opponent is slowed (so rotating to fire right after water) or immobilized (earth 3) to ensure I get every dps tick off. And that’s when fire 3 and 4 are off cd, so not often. Instead, I’d switch to earth faster to chain knockdowns together and get the bleed going.

2. And now that I’ve mentioned dodging, you need to dodge more, as well as dodge more intelligently. If you’re going against a sustained dps/low burst build like the ranger you faced, you should still be dodging to cover ground faster. Also, if you can get right next to their face it’s nice for the next point.

3. You under utilize auto attacks. D/D ele is bursty/less sustained damage than scepter/D, so you’re naturally going to run out of hard hitting spells by your third rotation.

Both fire and air auto attacks can do a decent amount of damage. Usually, if it’s a ranged enemy, air auto attack and 2 is decent enough to space out spells. Fire auto attack is harder to aim effectively (hit more than 1 line) when your enemy is running from you. In contrast, if a melee enemy, fire 1 has enough range to continue kiting. If you space it right, you’ll hit more than just 1 of the 3 lines as they ran at you (easier to predict where they’ll go since they want to give you a hug), and therefore do decent dps.

At the end of a couple of fights you’re just in earth attune spamming the auto attack to take the remaining health. Try avoiding that by managing spell rotations/auto attacks/dodging more efficiently.

4. Cleansing fire. Why do you have it? You don’t use it often and it’s taking a valuable utility slot. Arcane blast or wave are two great options, and you can choose one of them depending on personal preference. Air 4 5 fire 3 4 arcane spell is great combo.

You said you were 30 water/30 earth/10 arcane, but I’m not sure which traits you’re using. For the 30 grandmaster trait in water you can spec into ‘cure condition on regen.’ This should solve most condition problems you have since swapping to water will automatically cure 2 conditions (assuming you have cleansing wave as well, which most do), and another 2 from water 5.

thanks.

in Elementalist

Taku.9351

i have to agree with the rest, it is rather mediocre…i have had a good relationship with d/d for a long time and u havent done it justice

this was an example of ele all recorded within 1 tourney. if you’d like i’ll hand pick fights where i faceroll opponents/had perfect roations.

in Elementalist

Posted by: boozer.7815

boozer.7815

I think what nearly everyone is trying to tell you is that you just seemed to spam off attacks with very little thought into how they synergize, which is definitely true. I think what you need to do is put some time into learning all your D/D abilities intimately well, as well as the regular game mechanics and how they all play together. A poster above mentioned several times that you do not dodgeroll efficiently, and that is also true. You can not play a D/D Ele well if you do not learn the basics of the game first.

in Elementalist

Taku.9351

Actually i was reading it over again.

Point 1: I should start doing fire 3-4 after lightning 5. mmhm. However, the fire 2 is very useful for its burning effect. Even one tick of it produces 2k+ damage in burning.

Point 2: Yup

Point 3: I feel that auto-attacks are just close to garbage. Entire Fire 1 needs to hit to have decent damage, Lightning 1 just love to miss even at point blank range, Water 2 does nothing and Earth 1 never misses and add bleed so I felt it was better than the other.

Point 4: I had cleansing flame for more condition removal since ranger/thieves love to stack bleed throughout the fight, in which case the water attunement isn’t enough. Arcane could work so I’ll try and see.

Point 5: I’ll try the water slot

in Elementalist

Posted by: Deathcall.2104

Deathcall.2104

this was an example of ele all recorded within 1 tourney. if you’d like i’ll hand pick fights where i faceroll opponents/had perfect roations.

the fights were hand picked true, but none of them was just showing the finishing blow, they mostly showed the whole fight with at least 3 full 1v1s….plus the whole point of making a video is to have your audience enjoy both skills and content, which your video lacked both….
anyways, thanks for the dislike and keep up the d/d perhaps you will learn more and create better content