Ele buffs helped non-eles more

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

This patch buffed all of the classes, but the buffs for ele really help other classes instead of the ele.

-The Geyser got bigger. Eles don’t need it to be bigger, they can target it on themselves. The extra size helps allies get affected by it. (when they don’t reflex dodge out of it, that is)
-The water auto-attack heals those in melee range (not staff ele), which is a buff to other classes.
-Unsteady Ground is just a CC now, not even a combo field like Line of Warding, and reduced eles DPS and ability to tag. I’d rather the guard use its Ward so I’m able to do enough damage to merit a loot drop. And against bosses, this is useless.
-Conjure weapons are a utility skill that is given 50% to the ele and 50% to the ally who picks the other one up. And considering a lot of other classes do more damage with a conjured weapon, these buffs help them at least as much as it does eles who dare to sacrifice a utility to slot Conjures.

This, in addition to the nerfs to AoE, attunement radius, evasive arcana radius, glyph of storm targets, glyph of storms having a red AoE circle resulting in them being dodged, no heal from water auto-attack 1 if nothing targetted, Windborne speed radius reduced, healing rain radius reduction, Glyph of Renewal range reduction.

The only buffs that help the ele is making Blasting Staff trait affect the AoEs it hadn’t been affecting, and the earth 5 going slightly faster so it doesn’t miss as often.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

yeah, I think that was the idea
make ele a better support class

ele sucks at 1v1s, and they are never going to fix that, but hopefully they will eventually make ele the best class to have in a group of 2-3, and I will be fine with that

(edited by reikken.4961)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

You’re exaggerating a LOT… and I’m cautious to even honor it with a reasoned response.

in Elementalist

Clark Skinner.4902

I have to disagree that I exaggerated a lot. Unless you meant the person above you. Most of what I wrote were a list of facts. :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Well it’s the hole point for turning Eles into a support class (both allies and ennemies)

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

but, but…I don’t wanna be a support class. I already have a guardian for that. I’d rather be a ranged nuker that can deal massive AoE damage, ya know like how mages have been in every single game ever in the history of video games.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

but, but…I don’t wanna be a support class. I already have a guardian for that. I’d rather be a ranged nuker that can deal massive AoE damage, ya know like how mages have been in every single game ever in the history of video games.

Expect for at least GW1 were Eles dealt horrible damage; you know, the predecessor of GW2.

However if you want to deal massive AoE damage from afar you can actually do that; try the Staff build of Guanglai Kangyi.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The play a different profession. What you’re saying is the same as: change the thief’s stealth to summong a jumbo jet for transportation because I like flightsims better than mmo’s.

The staff ele focuses on support more than damage. You can spec in fire if you want to be more of a damage dealer, but ultimately, the weapon was made for supportive group play, not 1v1 leet dps.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The entire point of this balancing patch was to improve support skills. That means skills that affect or synergize allies.

Go take a look at other changes. Warriors get better shouts. Mesmer’s mantras now affect allies. Guardian’s medidation skills are now more effective at supporting. Etc. The Mesmer example is especially good, because outside of a few cooldown buffs to their least used weapon, their buffs do not affect themselves at all.

Also, the AoE nerf affects all professions in the game, and less radius for 1 stack of might and swiftness to your allies is not going to make you lose games.

Elementalists were buffed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zitounae.4803

zitounae.4803

If you look at others changes you ll notice that many affect themselves also.
Like base heal improvement, regen, boon duration, more dispels and what not.

Many things that will help them to support themselves on 1vX.

What elem really gets for themselves is minor random one way supespeed.
On a major trait, and in trade of some swiftness.

I ran into a VERY strong staff Elem earlier on live and was excited to see it -time4nerf-

in Elementalist

Clark Skinner.4902

After spending a lot of money and time mastering a profession, it is not unreasonable to be opposed to it being changed into a different type of profession.

Most of the changes to other classes help those other classes mainly and sometimes allies. Warriors even got buffs to using ele’s weapons. How about eles getting a buff to being near a warrior banner?

If they all were changed the same as ele, it would be fine, but like always ele is the one rising the slowest with each buff patch.

AoE nerf affects eles more than most, as we all know. There’s no minimizing that.

Radius reductions mean either we’re less powerful or we have to get closer for them to work, the effort of which can put the ele in danger and slow down combat.

Base heal was not improved, only the staff water auto-attack’s was, and as I said in the OP, it rarely hits the ele because of distance. “Regen, boon duration, more dispels” None of this was in the patch notes. Where did this come from?

The superspeed trait is one of the worst of them all. But you can read all about that in another thread.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

The ele has received big help in the support department..and they did a bloody good job, switched to staff lately and doing great ( on a sidenote I started using cleansing fire and I’m doing even better against necros on a point, even beating most of them while not moving from the point and eating all their conditions, all this whill using the improved staff)

in Elementalist

Clark Skinner.4902

Instead of using subjective terms like “big help”, and “improved”, it would lend credibility to your opinion if you gave examples, the way I have.

And as the thread title says, I am not saying the ele didn’t get buffed, I said the buffs were more for other classes. There were nerfs as well. One must consider count the gains and losses before deciding on profit.

One loss I forgot to mention as the evasive arcana range reduction. My bad.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Burning retreat got buffed, lava font got buffed with persisting flames, some damaging aoe’s got better ranges for splash damage. The conjure changes can really be entirely ignored and we still got some decent boosts. Not to mention the ground targetting enhancements that especially help us, but you can QQ if you need to, go ahead let it all out I know its a tradition on this board.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

The conjures is the highlight of the patch !!

The conjuration time of ice bow and flame axe has been reduced a lot. The skills of all conjures have been buffed to a level that I would call “near OP” for this class.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Expect for at least GW1 were Eles dealt horrible damage; you know, the predecessor of GW2.

However if you want to deal massive AoE damage from afar you can actually do that; try the Staff build of Guanglai Kangyi.

Caught my attention, link please?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

At the beginning they were the best class for nuking (this was before hardmodes/encounters with ridiculous elemental resists). Then they started to get nerfed or other classes started to shine about when balance disorder from factions was somewhat restored, all the way until eles got buffed quite recently (some time before gw2 launch).

Hey, i can see a pattern there, start good, get nerfed to the ground over a period, years later get good again..now we only need to wait those few years.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

While I agree with the OP, all I can say is play with what we have, and endure it. It may be heartbreaking sometimes, but I just love my Ele. If she doesn’t get any buff, I only have to be better. Whenever I lose to someone, I think i’m not good enough to overcome the difficulties and the inherent issues of the class. Just my ele-dô.

Time to train, now

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

The conjures is the highlight of the patch !!

The conjuration time of ice bow and flame axe has been reduced a lot. The skills of all conjures have been buffed to a level that I would call “near OP” for this class.

Too bad their still irritating to use and you still have terrible warrs and thiefs picking them up.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/85568-lh-is-the-new-bearbow-the-real-staff-dps-build-for-manly-men/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/85568-lh-is-the-new-bearbow-the-real-staff-dps-build-for-manly-men/

Thank you <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

OP,
OK, good. I thought I was the only one that realized that. Started thinking I was the only one with eyes that could see and a mind that thinks.