Ele build please

Ele build please

in Elementalist

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

I’m still new to this game and have never been much of a MMO player. I played GW1 but i was a ranger and i had people that would tell me what to do.

This time around i have been doing it all on my own (Except for what i have read online). I have only been playing for a month and half. I have a level 80 Ele now.

I was using a D/D build going 0/10/0/30/30. I was running with full Rare Zerker gear. After starting Teq i felt i needed to upgrade my armor. I started to buy valkyrie armor. I have most of it but ran out of money. I also switched to a Staff (which seems very hard now compared to d/d)

Did i make the right move with valkyrie armor? I have also never played any dungeons so i don’t get any good drops. I mainly take down SB every day and do some zerg runs but i don’t play hours per day.

So to sum it up:

Is there a good build for Staff? Or did i just waste money on it?
Did i make the right call buying exotic valkyrie armor?
(i have no upgrades yet as i don’t know what i should buy there)
Should i stick with 0/10/0/30/30?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

(also what do you recommend as to start as a 2nd toon?)

Ele build please

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Do you want damage or healing. Choose one. Don’t use staff for damage in PvP.

Ele build please

in Elementalist

deadatspawn.6045

Oh, i should point out that i mainly play PvE. So would you say Staff is more of a healing weapon? I do like damage but i can switch back and forth with what i am trying to do. Should i go back to D/D or go S/F for damage?

Ele build please

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Go S/D for damage.

Ele build please

in Elementalist

deadatspawn.6045

I will work on getting s/d. Is going Valkyrie armor good to go with?

Ele build please

in Elementalist

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

staff has pretty good support, and also it can dish out some good dps with the right rotations. But mainly, go d/f for dmg. If you want, you can get either get 2-3 or 5man ele team rollin auramancer builds and run perma auras all day. for now, stick with d/f or s/f

Ele build please

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

You really should have all weapons you can use and keep them in an invisible bag. you will need to switch often depending on the situation. A good ele always needs to be prepared and to adapt to any situation that arises. There will be times where people will need your staff for its fields, times when you’ll need focus defensive skills, (like in fractals for example) and you’ll need daggers occasionally as well. You’ll learn when to use each weapon easily enough on your own, its not that complicated. The only pain is getting out of combat to swap if a situation arises that you need a different weapon.