Ele down state/skills balance suggestions

in Elementalist

Posted by: Astorm.5496

Astorm.5496

hello, 1st of all i’d like to say i loved most of the changes in recent patch, so congratulations Anet!

Now, what brings me to make this post, Ele down state/skills….

it kind of kittens me off that SoOOOoOO many times you “win/are winning” fights and cant finish ppl off even if you’re up as an ele, necros and rangers are most notorious examples but guardians and warriors dont fall far behind, to me Ele STILL has the worst down state of all classes!

if you happen to go down you simply have 0.05% chance to win that downed battle even if you’re full (downed) health and they’re at 10%….

• the 0.05% is in the case a popup brings them to desktop and they dont do anything for 20 sec or have to reboot PC*****

so my sugestions for Ele downed state:

i would keep skill 1 and 2 as they are and just maybe adjust cooldowns based on following….

- Make a trait(or general Ele change with trait enhancement* maybe replacing arcane precision trait/in arcane trait line*), that allows to change attunement in down state and cast corresponding skills to that attunement or make downed skill 3 cast those spells, like:

fire – cast a lava font on your target and burn enemys at your location (or the other way around)
water – cast " something like healing rain"(that heals you even downed) on your location and freeze your target
air – cast a lightning storm at your location and stun your target
earth – apply protection to yourself(EDIT: and allies) and a sandstorm/eruption at your target location

Feel free to coment or make other suggestion

IMO mesmer and thief also need some love in this department so i’ll post this with a diferent tittle on general forum, keep it to Ele in this post!

(edited by Astorm.5496)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shrubsy.9720

Shrubsy.9720

Mesmer, thief, and ele have the strongest downs states.

It’s pretty irrelevant in looking at who would win down state vs down state.

Your chances of being successfully rezzed in a team fight are far more important.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

You trying to win at every aspect as an elementalist bro?== like seriously, it’s tough enough to bring cele else down and you talk about downstate?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

downed build incoming

note: I think that ele’s downed state is ok (maybe needs more dmg at skill 1, but nothing else) Actually ability to move while downed can help you a lot. In teamfights it is really useful because your allies, as stated above, can ress you much easier. Also there’s almost 100% chance that you succesfully evade 1st stomp attempt, which professions like War, Guard, Ranger etc. can’t say because of stability, blocks, invulnerability, etc.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

(edited by Avador.8934)

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

No thanks. I prefer being able to mist back to allies for a res.

Bad Elementalist