Ele for the new HoT meta

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Please rate my build, its more bulky, lots of damage by condition and cc bar breaking.

http://intothemists.com/guides/6572-hot_meta_ele_condition_damagecc

suggestions more than welcomed

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Looks bad. Low damage honestly. Dire Staff Ele isn’t going to do much.

But it JUST OCCURED to me that no one has posted what Eles should probably be running in raids if they want to be DPS (D/F Tempest).

I should probably get on this.

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

So is the staff the problem? the dire set? or just the general condition damage thing? note that damage doesn’t come from direct hits.

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

The whole thing is ill conceived from the start. You should be using Sinister/Viper for Condi Damage. And even then, Ele is better off playing Power if it can do so, usually. And even then, the Condi Damage Ele uses Dagger/Focus.

There are probably 4 good Ele builds right now for DPS:
-Fire Staff
-Scepter-Hammer
-Dagger-Fresh Air
-Condi-Dagger

Of these, Fire Staff is going to struggle due to the moving enemies. Trying to deal with Hammer sounds like a pain. So Dagger-Fresh Air seems like the way to go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elV5EiNU4dM

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

on damage department seems great, but for HoT and raids mostly how is this build more sturdy than any other zerg out there?

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Your sturdiness comes from your defensive Focus skills and your Support giving you boons/heals.

The video I linked shows one player using D/F Ele in the first Raid fight to good effect.

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

I see, will study it thanks

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nivik.2961

Nivik.2961

Hey Neko, I’m about to craft full ascended gear set for my D/F tempest. I want to be an effective support member that can still dish some damage. Cele? Zerk? Or viper? I’m planning on running tempest earth and water for the aura share and healing on aura not to mention the protection uptime it offers.
Thoughts?

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Full Berserker for Ele. Condi Ele is more of a specialized thing for high level fractals.

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Full Berserker for Ele. Condi Ele is more of a specialized thing for high level fractals.

Wouldn’t a gearset focused on Power and Condition Damage equally be the best set for overall damage?

I’m thinking of the long term here, what with ANet playing around with Toughness values and such. Throw in the fact that most of the toughest (or longest) fights in the game involve Crit-immune enemies, and it seems that moving away from Precision and Ferocity might be a good game plan.

Example, on Ascended Gloves, you’re losing out on 7 Power by using Viper’s instead of Zerk, and 12 Precision (Ferocity gone). But you gain 40 Condition Damage and 22 Expertise. Viper’s has 124 points to Zerk’s 115.

So you lose very little power in a Zerk→Viper conversion, and gain a bunch of Condition Damage that you didn’t have before, while retaining enough Precision for “on-crit” effects like Vigor traits, and weapon sigils.

Of course, I’m trying to use logic and reason, which gameplay and design choices by ANet might not bear out.

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I heard they nerfed the toughness of high level Fractal already.
Does condition spec Ele rly still needed in Fractal?

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

Well, despite the thumbs down, I decided to try it ….it was made on the budget so the whole build was around 7 gold … (could play with wardrobe so it was totally worth it) .. the results…super fun, never had so much fun playing the ele, the damage dealt seemed to be higher than my zerg version in the middle term (no high damage spikes) but in return very high damage over time, no need to be aiming most spells which allowed me to switch for water for heals and lightning for cc more often… lots of fun…. the health was no longer an issue, now can roam freely, tank most mobs, soloed decent groups including spider farm 2 veterans at a time with ease and didn’t die fighting bosses… oh yeah also could solo quests such as clearing the bases, killing the worms and planting the bombs… overall …lots of fun, still need to test it on crit immune bosses but on regular ones, was stacking about 9 burns, and 9 bleeds swiftly with glyph of elemental power while soloing elites like arrowhead and the other dinosaur that rams you, (annoying until you switch to cc )

Ele for the new HoT meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: veo.9243

veo.9243

variation on theme

tempest trait line does not add up much apart the overloads that are totally worth