Ele in pvp. Arenanet doesn't understand!

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

The only available amulet basically for ele is the celestial amulet in pvp. If you take marauder you do good damage but lack the survivability without stealth and it makes you useless comparison to thieves and mesmers.

If anet would make ele only amulets that gives a bit more vitality and toughness to ele and then good amount of other stats(toughness, vitality power, precision, ferocity or toughness, healing power, vitality or something (suggestions)!) ele would be ok without cele.

Ele with 11 000 hp is just a joke and it gets bursted into oblivion in matter of seconds in this meta. Also same thing with marauder cause ele doesn’t have any toughness to survive the burst.

Mesmer can insta burst marauder ele from 17k hp to 0 hp with 1 burst from stealth.

(edited by The Ace.9105)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

tbh fresh air ele with focus can be quite survivable… the problem is the damage and not the survivability. scepter is clunky, that’s another problem. they said scepter buffs are incoming on tuesday so we’ll see how that works out.

the hitpoints is really a problem. cleric staff ele with 11-13k hp is not an option. rabid ele neither, nor is carrion ele with 2000 armor.

but hey that’s why ele has 3.5/5 defensive traitlines of which the ele has to pick at least 2 to survive.

oh and mesmer can instaburst more or less everything.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Yet manages to not get balanced at all. I’ll never understand Anet’s reasoning to allow classes to insta-kill other classes from stealth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Yet manages to not get balanced at all. I’ll never understand Anet’s reasoning to allow classes to insta-kill other classes from stealth.

They are in love with Mesmer currently. Sadly I do not trust many company’s attempts at “balance” because more often than not they don’t do a good job of it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

They are in love with Mesmer currently. Sadly I do not trust many company’s attempts at “balance” because more often than not they don’t do a good job of it.

Have any of you guys even READ the balance preview notes?

They just swung the nerf bat at PU Mesmers, reducing stealth duration by 50%.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Amulets are a major problem (in addition to the profession specific balance issues). They need to step outside the box, realize this and do something: i.e. remove them, change PvP statting, do something.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

50% stealth duration bonus nerf is not, by any means stopping mesmers from 100-0 ing somebody from sealth. Just makes them easier to deal with should you survive.

in Elementalist

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

50% stealth duration bonus nerf is not, by any means stopping mesmers from 100-0 ing somebody from sealth. Just makes them easier to deal with should you survive.

100-0 doesn’t work and burst is predictable. Dodge, use block, blind etc. I think you are just lacking skill and get carried by op ele specs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

100-0 doesn’t work and burst is predictable. Dodge, use block, blind etc. I think you are just lacking skill and get carried by op ele specs.

It’s not predictable if done right.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

So basically what they need to do is dismantle Elementalist healing or reduce the amount of boon generation. The only way they can do that is bump is up to a Medium health pool to compensate for the new lack of survivability.

However instead of nutting up, ripping off the band-aid and making the changes they need to make to the Elementalist they’ve been pecking at and poking at the Elementalist for years now. They go after mobility (RTL), might (lol), celestial stats (lol), etc rather than just make the changes they need to make.

You play Elementalist long enough you just kinda get used to it.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Wait, so I’m playing s/f marauder ele(just like I’ve been for over a year), I’m getting 100-0d (or close enough to make no difference) by mesmer whom I couldn’t possible see coming because he stealthed all the way from way out of sight where I had absolutely no way of knowing if he was coming, when was he coming and how many of them were there (usually happens at start of game). How is any of that related to my skill?