Ele is strong, I'm here to help you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyros.5682

Kyros.5682

K well, Tired of the people Talkin shet. You think im bad. fine, You think My team is stomping pugs only, Fine.

Heres my tag, in game Sad fayce and sadd Fayce. You add me and send me a tell. we can settle this 1v1 if you think ele is weak and cant stand its own against other classes. Mesmer with a Illusion does all your damage build is the ONLY thing that will dominate my ele 1v1. I may lose to some guardians but it will be a close fight.

So put your money where your mouth is and send me a tell. Dont worry I’ll be running fraps for you.

If you dont want any cause your not very good at the game and you know im going to stomp you then you have no place running your mouth about anything. You dont know how to play the game so what makes you think you know the game?!

@ Razeri Luckyo and Erebus Callin you 3 out. Alrdy have you added just waiting for you to come out from your hiding place.

Ele vs ele proves nothing to u? fine I’ll have you vs my guildies and then I’ll vs them right infront of you and we can see the difference between you and I.

Internet tuff guy? Fuq yea internet tough guy, I can walk my talk, lets see you walk yours.

(edited by Kyros.5682)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razarei.2809

Razarei.2809

^ Sure, add me. I hope your attitude changes afterwards. What time zone are you in? It’s 5:30 am here, but I’ll be on in about four hours. I’ll leave the trash-talking to you, but I hope my point is seen better after this encounter.

Elementalist – Blárp, Razarei, 55HPMonk, Need More Defense
Revenant – Master Blárp [Desolation]

(edited by Razarei.2809)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yayabingyi.2815

Yayabingyi.2815

Are you guys scheduling a rumble? I hope you don’t start snapping your fingers and doing “rumbletastic” dancing steps! (West Side Story, for those who didn’t catch on).

in Elementalist

Razarei.2809

Are you guys scheduling a rumble? I hope you don’t start snapping your fingers and doing “rumbletastic” dancing steps! (West Side Story, for those who didn’t catch on).

He asked, I’m simply obliging.

in Elementalist

Yayabingyi.2815

Hehe…well tell us how it goes!

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

^ Sure, add me. I hope your attitude changes afterwards. What time zone are you in? It’s 5:30 am here, but I’ll be on in about four hours. I’ll leave the trash-talking to you, but I hope my point is seen better after this encounter.

Your not online.

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

Edited out for Imgur cause imageshack is bayd <_<

(edited by Kyros.5682)

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

Here is imgur for better quality…

http://imgur.com/VfP0U
Soysauce’ Excuse

http://imgur.com/usuQx
Erebus’ Clueless rant

(edited by Kyros.5682)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

LOL, if any class can solo 1v3, then the 3 need to go back to WoW.

i have done 1v4 and won in spvp on a necro. granted they where super bambies. but no matter how freaking bambie people are i do not stand a chance 1v3+ on my ele which i play a kitten of alot better then any other class i played around on

now that is said wow properly got the best competitive mmo type players of ANY game out there if you exclude the koreans from the scene (which in this case we do since their community is not on our servers)
even though i personally didnt like wow using that statement is quite wrong hehe :P

the whole issue with this is that you can find these instances where REALLY good players of any other class (maybe excluding the ranger, seems to need a piff) takes on 2-3 people and comes out on top no problem, but you will not find this on a ele, the best eles you see maybe fight 1v1 and barely win, or they do group stuff and seem to do a lot but in reality we are just riding the wave of others success and adding some decent support.

threads like this can sadly result in the ele never getting a buff and keep being weak becouse a few says its good and shows off themselve getting carried by some really awesome players or fighting really awefull players.

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

O hay erebus.
Did you find your 80 warlock and are ready to 1v1 me or my guildies now?

http://imgur.com/usuQx

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

I hope people understand I’m not doing this to be a D-bag.
I’m doing this to show that there is absolutely no credibility to what these clowns are saying.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

No, you do just fine, Kyros.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in Elementalist

Erebus.7568

I hope people understand I’m not doing this to be a D-bag.
I’m doing this to show that there is absolutely no credibility to what these clowns are saying.

soo some one calling a necro a warlock and got no vids or any proof that he can even hold his ground alone is credible -_-

since your already frapsing and since your such a good player you should easily be able to find yourself doing some amazing stuff with a ele fighting against all odds and comming out on top like every other good player have done it with other classes.

btw. if you can do an arranged spvp so i can have full gear etc on other classes i would gladly take that fight, which i also stated but sure we just forget and ignore that
(not even sure if we can dual at all even with scenario pvp … but if so i gladly noob around on a necro in a 1v1 against you and even let you fraps it and show how you “so nicely beat me” since i doubt that even against some one like me that barely know how to play a necro can stand a chance vs several invulnerabilities and TONS of dps… ofc you could run always an option but won’t win you a fight.)

and dude you are a d-bag through the entire thread, almost EVERY one is saying the ele is up and you come with a statement “you all just suck too muchkitten and i am uber pro with the holy grail answer which you where all too stupid to figure out, even though i got no proof to back it up and everything i saw i am carried by others i am still right and you all just suck at the class”…
if thats not being a dbag i dont know what is.
but keep thinking your a standup guy -_-

for you kyros: :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1ncADC9KM

now go find that darn vid of your awesome ele doing something amazing or just something which we have seen almost every other class do 1v2-3 and still winning
against bambies that should be pretty easy to do^^

(edited by Erebus.7568)

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

soo some one calling a necro a warlock and got no vids or any proof that he can even hold his ground alone is credible -_-

I’m the OP. but i dont think english is your first language. So OP means Original Poster, Topic starter. The guy who posted a tutorial video to help the community.

since your already frapsing and since your such a good player you should easily be able to find yourself doing some amazing stuff with a ele fighting against all odds

I am a good player, And I’m making a movie called “Ele battle at the alamo” Brief description of the movie is a Single ele takes on a horde of mexican Erebus’ at the alamo and comes out on top until a lone mesmer shows up. Im sorry i didnt mean to say that, that was mean.

btw. if you can do an arranged spvp so i can have full gear etc on other classes i would gladly take that fight, (not even sure if we can dual at all even with scenario pvp … but if so i gladly noob around on a necro in a 1v1 against you

Classic example of the quality of player that is saying Ele is Under powered and needs a buff. Clearly you don’t understand how Spvp works. nor do you have any confidence in your abilities or knowledge of the game.

and dude you are a d-bag through the entire thread, almost EVERY one is saying the ele is up and you come with a statement "you all just suck too muchkitten and i am uber pro with the holy grail answer which you where all too stupid to figure out….

That is a D-bag thing to say. I’ve not littered this thread with such statements however, maybe 1 such statement at the top of page 2 in bold. There is actually less people in this thread QQing about ele being UP, while there is more people posting “TY i tried your build and I’ve improved so much”, or stating that “ele is fine dont listen to the naysayers.”

Rock is OP, Paper is balanced, From scissors.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wotan.2034

Wotan.2034

The amount of whine in this thread is glorious ;.;

Kyros, keep up the good work; I’ve been mainly on the D/D side of things, but moved to S/D against competent teams (because while instantly putting out 10k+ damage against non-tanks is hilarious, I’ve only got a few real escapes, and competent players initiate on me as soon as I re-engage a team fight). I appreciate the guide and commentary, this community needs to realize that the more people putting up videos with commentary, the faster the competitive community will grow – and that makes it better for everyone. So much blind hate in this thread.

Ele doesn’t need the sweeping fixes people are suggesting, and Ele doesn’t need a huge rework to be viable. Some QoL changes, some minor fixes here and there on cast animations, and Elementalist is good to go.

Tbh, Ele has some of the most variety in viable or semi-viable builds in the game – Warriors have a handful of workable builds, Thieves have a handful of workable builds (and very few roles), and Mesmers have… one viable build. While Elemantalist has a viable build or role for every weapon set, even though Focus needs some love. DD has a condi/bunker/roam build as well as a power/crit roam build that does probably some of the highest damage in the game, S+D is one of the better roam sets out there across all classes (see: Phantaram, Kyros, etc) and has a great bunker build, and Staff has some of the best team fight and bunkering viability in the game next to guardians and certain engineers.

Please guys n’ gals, learn your class and ask for the changes that will do the most good, the ones that Eles need, and the ones that we are mostly likely to get – the small ones.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

btw. if you can do an arranged spvp so i can have full gear etc on other classes i would gladly take that fight, which i also stated but sure we just forget and ignore that
(not even sure if we can dual at all even with scenario pvp … but if so i gladly noob around on a necro in a 1v1 against you and even let you fraps it and show how you “so nicely beat me” since i doubt that even against some one like me that barely know how to play a necro can stand a chance vs several invulnerabilities and TONS of dps… ofc you could run always an option but won’t win you a fight.)

How can someone who NEVER did any sPvP dare to post about class balance in sPvP? kitten…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Budg.3064

Budg.3064

Good work Kryos. I’ve been reading this thread since the start and agree’d with you the whole way. I play an elementalist myself and have found there to be so much more to this class than with, say, my mesmer or thief. The game is still fairly new and people are still learning the kinks to each class. The elementalist is a class that requires more thought than most, with so much choice of what to do next its a lot easier to make mistakes, and I can see this being where most of the comaplaints stem from.

I’m not gonna tell people to learn to play or anything. But just keep a cool head, step back after a defeat and ask yourselves: “What could I have done here to prevent this?” instead of raging about unproven balance issues in untested circumstances.

in Elementalist

Razarei.2809

@Kyros – Clearly you missed my post where I said It’s 5:30am and I’m in a different time zone. I’m awake now.

in Elementalist

Razarei.2809

How can someone who NEVER did any sPvP dare to post about class balance in sPvP? kitten…

Sorry I have to agree with this. I also loved how ere and soysauce majorly dodged you. ;D

(edited by Razarei.2809)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

Just so you know I was gladiator in wow

Last time I checked, this was still gw2.com, so your “credentials” mean nothing here.

in Elementalist

Yayabingyi.2815

Who cares about WoW, this is GW2! I mean to that I can say that I was a pro at Hello Kitty Online! Watch out! bonk bonk bonk

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilverUniverse.7103

SilverUniverse.7103

Who cares about WoW, this is GW2! I mean to that I can say that I was a pro at Hello Kitty Online! Watch out! bonk bonk bonk

Watch out! We got ourselves a kitten over here!
(stupid profanity filter…)

in Elementalist

Posted by: soysauce.1246

soysauce.1246

I didn’t want to make a reference to wow but was just trying to make a point. I could bring up sb,war,l2,aion ect….all games of which my guild dominated our server in pvp but who cares right? again was just trying to make a point. The only reason I picked wow as a reference is probably that’s where the majority of the gw2 community came from at least the ones that pvp….And there’s a whole different level of skill when you play competitively in wow arena but let’s not get into that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

Are these all ele vs ele challenges? I’m interested to hear who the best extremely weak elementalist is.

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

no, Ele vs ele wouldn’t prove anything. I would have them fight some of the best players I know on their ele, then i would fight the same person on my ele and we could compare the differences.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I was expecting Kyros & Zarerei in my 1st post (without knowing Kyros also challenged others too) see each other in crunch time because I believe they are really reasonable, civil & skillful in their craft enough to prove the problem one way or another.
Why don’t you guys give each other a list of possible time that you both can meet then square 3 rounds of challenge. Even though it won’t prove all things 100% due to some variables, but it’s a step in the right direction for the benefit of the community and I thank you both (and to any other participants want to test their proof of concept with Kyros that ele is a squishy meatball). You both have my respect whether you win or lose.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in Elementalist

Posted by: nifty.2049

nifty.2049

My kitten wishes I stay home all day stroking him, he would be one happy cat! Sorry, the profanity filter is just hilarious.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Djdomestic.7381

Djdomestic.7381

But in a hindsight, we now know what it takes to win as an elementalist in a tourney. An opponent willing to field more elementalists then you.

Amazing! That sentence made this thread.

in Elementalist

soysauce.1246

You found the time to reply with some unintelligible statements yet you couldn’t simply say “I’m on the phone, wait a minute”?

There are no your or my terms, there are just THE terms, Everybody plays by them. Saying tough stuff like you never back down and don’t care to begin with requires strong credibility in the form of a pretty high pvp success record (note: gw2 success record), which you don’t have. You were offered a challenge, from which you never back down, and you backed down. We have a screenshot.

If you did look at the screenshot Kyros posted, I did tell him I was on the phone and I will duel when I am off the phone. I even accepted his party invite. I did tell him to wait a minute on two occasions and he chose to ignore whatever I said and interpreted as an “excuse” and keep going on about making a SS if I don’t do it now like I would give a crap. Why should I even bother with such an ignorant person. and why should I agree under his term? I don’t give a ratkitten seeing him duel his buddies….I don’t know if they will go easy on him or what to make him look good….nobody knows. That’s why I said it’s his term.

Look I am not the one who trying to make it sound like he’s better than everyone here just because they think eles needs some fixes. I am not the one who want to improve his kitten skill by starting to challenge everyone who don’t agree with him. I am not the one who decided to post a weak video of him owning noobs and another video of him getting owned by noobs.

If he wants to duel me, just message me whenever I am on and if I am not busy I will duel.

(edited by soysauce.1246)

in Elementalist

Erebus.7568

no, Ele vs ele wouldn’t prove anything. I would have them fight some of the best players I know on their ele, then i would fight the same person on my ele and we could compare the differences.

-_- wouldn’t prove kitten, already told you several times and can see that soy did the same that i would take any fight with you if it is possible to do so on a max geared char (not a ele vs ele ofc).

duelling your friends is pointless if you wanna prove anything you should do a best of 5 fight vs. the best or some really good tier teams people in 1v1’s vs their good people of each other class and see how well you do, i doubt you would get a single downing and even less chance for a win -_-

and yes you are a Dbag of the worst case, a ignorant little bambie that thinks your better then every one and that getting carried by a team makes a class good or a player good for that matter.
you saw not the slightest consideration that it properly is the class which is weak when 90% of all ele and none ele is saying it is so and you almost never see them in spvp compared to other classes, and still you are ignorant enough to state this is simply becouse people suck too much at them… well guess what there is just as many bad players on every other class and they manage just fine, it should be pretty obvious that the skill lvl of the player is not the main factor here.

from what i have seen, heard and observed about you, you are more a ignorant bambie then anything else.

in Elementalist

Razarei.2809

I was expecting Kyros & Zarerei in my 1st post (without knowing Kyros also challenged others too) see each other in crunch time because I believe they are really reasonable, civil & skillful in their craft enough to prove the problem one way or another.
Why don’t you guys give each other a list of possible time that you both can meet then square 3 rounds of challenge. Even though it won’t prove all things 100% due to some variables, but it’s a step in the right direction for the benefit of the community and I thank you both (and to any other participants want to test their proof of concept with Kyros that ele is a squishy meatball). You both have my respect whether you win or lose.

We had our fights around an hour ago. He claims he’s going to post up the whole unedited recording, however I doubt this for obvious reasons.

I played his guild-mates (nice people actually) and Kyros himself four or five times, I can’t remember. I had to move to the US servers in order to play him though.

Long story short, I didn’t die. I won against his guildmate (guardian) and almost necro (if the time didn’t run out) but the ele vs ele was pretty much a “Can I take that last bit of HP before some random guy comes and steals the kill?”

This happened THREE times when fighting Kyros. Anyways, I didn’t really see the point, but he said he doesn’t care, it was to see my credibility. I know where that stands now.. ;D

Kyros and the others are guys that do play their classes well, however my point was not reinforced even though I tried to explain to him many times. He believes damage = everything and that because his combo can deal a decent amount, then the class is fine, however it is not, as you watch the video (if he posts)

What I noticed, is that he has a very aggressive playstyle, which is understandable by analysing how he acts here. He is far too predictable and places all hopes on this one combo that would actually leave most people dead. Kyros is no doubt a good elementalist, but still has much to learn. His knowledge is up there, but his attitude is blocking any other “version” or “disagreement” that’s not his, or what he views.

I had a choice to either bring one of my other classes at the end, or meet with the missus, to further illustrate that the other classes have a much easier time or defending OR attacking, but I thought I would waste my time.

Kyros, try not to be so aggressive next time, but you’re a good player. As for that point about my build, you were wrong, as you failed to take the point from me as you were so confident to say you would. I’m not purposely trying to attack you in any way, I’m just saying be more open minded. Listen to what both myself and other people are saying before assuming we’re just scrubs, because as you found out today, other people can play well besides yourself.

Good games.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gavoll.9085

Gavoll.9085

Very nice vid, not just for ele but also some general team related tactics. I’m not very 1v1 oriented myself, and I usually opt to disengage if my odds are looking anywhere near 50%. Thankfully, the game is designed so that the ability to escape is a valuable thing, and ele is good at escaping a bad fight.

However, I would not say that it is a strong class compared to others because there are simply fewer viable builds with ele. You can be competitive, but only in a narrow range of weapon/slot/talent choices. In my opinion, a class with only 1 good build type (see mesmers) is not “strong” as a class.

I think that MUCH of these issues will be cleared up as the massive amount of elementalist bugs are addressed. There are a ton of synergies in other potential builds that simply do not work out due to a buildup of small bugs that reduce boon times, interfere with skills that help mobility, and break directional attacks. Bug synergy. This leaves S/D damage and staff support (with fairly specific build types) as the only decent options.

To me this is sad because jumping all over the place in awesome D/D play is what attracted me to the class in the first place.

PS. I can’t imagine having a problem in pve. Ele destroys it.

in Elementalist

Gelrod.1295

Erebus

-_- wouldn’t prove kitten, already told you several times and can see that soy did the same that i would take any fight with you if it is possible to do so on a max geared char (not a ele vs ele ofc).

Pls… visit the mists just once. Until then stop commenting on anything related to PvP.

in Elementalist

soysauce.1246

We had our fights around an hour ago. He claims he’s going to post up the whole unedited recording, however I doubt this for obvious reasons.

I played his guild-mates (nice people actually) and Kyros himself four or five times, I can’t remember. I had to move to the US servers in order to play him though.

Long story short, I didn’t die. I won against his guildmate (guardian) and almost necro (if the time didn’t run out) but the ele vs ele was pretty much a “Can I take that last bit of HP before some random guy comes and steals the kill?”

This happened THREE times when fighting Kyros. Anyways, I didn’t really see the point, but he said he doesn’t care, it was to see my credibility. I know where that stands now.. ;D

Kyros and the others are guys that do play their classes well, however my point was not reinforced even though I tried to explain to him many times. He believes damage = everything and that because his combo can deal a decent amount, then the class is fine, however it is not, as you watch the video (if he posts)

What I noticed, is that he has a very aggressive playstyle, which is understandable by analysing how he acts here. He is far too predictable and places all hopes on this one combo that would actually leave most people dead. Kyros is no doubt a good elementalist, but still has much to learn. His knowledge is up there, but his attitude is blocking any other “version” or “disagreement” that’s not his, or what he views.

I had a choice to either bring one of my other classes at the end, or meet with the missus, to further illustrate that the other classes have a much easier time or defending OR attacking, but I thought I would waste my time.

Kyros, try not to be so aggressive next time, but you’re a good player. As for that point about my build, you were wrong, as you failed to take the point from me as you were so confident to say you would. I’m not purposely trying to attack you in any way, I’m just saying be more open minded. Listen to what both myself and other people are saying before assuming we’re just scrubs, because as you found out today, other people can play well besides yourself.

Good games.

I take it you’re using a support staff build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Darkangelos.9463

Darkangelos.9463

I was the Guardian, and I have to admit, I underestimated you. I also wasn’t aware I was going to be face’n a survival or bunker build Ele. It took you about 2 mins to kill me and I was running an AoE Retal bunker build. I could have left and changed traits ect and also participated in a perma-stalemate.

I applaud you for actually showing up. Took some stones. Last night I got called twice to fight eles and no one showed up. So, forgive me for not bringing my “A” game.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with the Ele. Its one of the more balanced classes. I think you actually helped prove that they’re a viable bunker build, we just see more Guardians because they’re much easier to pick up. On that same note, they’ve been tone’n down guardians and some other classes since launch. The game is still a bit out of “tune” when it comes to class balance, but I feel its not as bad as it could be (since there did several changes the week prior to launch).

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

@razerie You speak many half truths. I told you i was not going to post the video and bash you, “Why would i do that” i said to u. yet u still think for some reason that i was going to. I can post the video if you would like. All its going to show is that ele can in fact hold its own in a 1v1. which would further solidify my points. you are however running a tanky bunker style build similar to my bunker build. Your output in damage is extremely low so its no wonder you would be able to take a hit.

You contradict yourself in many ways and post blatant trolls and half truths through out this thread and the forums. “Insert class here vs insert class here, inset class here wins, Why? because ele is Under powered” you posted that. At this point you only disgust me more. What you have to say is not important only inaccurate.

At this point your asking Anet for a fireball spam spec, mad at the world because you have to press more buttons. Ele is not broken, 1 button spam builds are. Ele may be 1 of the more balanced classes in this game at the moment and in my eye Anet should strive to balance the rest of the classes to be on par with ele.

Your half truths and trolls disgust me, If you want me to post the video just ask and I will post what I have maybe with some commentary breaking down what your doing and what im doing.

In short:
You held your own in 1v1 with a bunker type build that put out very little damage and had high survive-ability. Yet you still Scream Ele is UP because other classes can do what ele’s do and have a easier time. I.E 1 button builds. I say to you, ele is fine fix the 1 button builds.

in Elementalist

elchulo.3148

Well done Razarei. I hope he posts the video. What build were you running?

in Elementalist

Razarei.2809

@razerie You speak many half truths. I told you i was not going to post the video and bash you, “Why would i do that” i said to u. yet u still think for some reason that i was going to. I can post the video if you would like. All its going to show is that ele can in fact hold its own in a 1v1. which would further solidify my points. you are however running a tanky bunker style build similar to my bunker build. Your output in damage is extremely low so its no wonder you would be able to take a hit.

You contradict yourself in many ways and post blatant trolls and half truths through out this thread and the forums. “Insert class here vs insert class here, inset class here wins, Why? because ele is Under powered” you posted that. At this point you only disgust me more. What you have to say is not important only inaccurate.

At this point your asking Anet for a fireball spam spec, mad at the world because you have to press more buttons. Ele is not broken, 1 button spam builds are. Ele may be 1 of the more balanced classes in this game at the moment and in my eye Anet should strive to balance the rest of the classes to be on par with ele.

Your half truths and trolls disgust me, If you want me to post the video just ask and I will post what I have maybe with some commentary breaking down what your doing and what im doing.

In short:
You held your own in 1v1 with a bunker type build that put out very little damage and had high survive-ability. Yet you still Scream Ele is UP because other classes can do what ele’s do and have a easier time. I.E 1 button builds. I say to you, ele is fine fix the 1 button builds.

No, and you said you was after you began spouting that crap about me not doing any damage. You have the video, I’m not going to argue with you any more, post it up and let everyone see, let your video serve its purpose for backing your claims… again.

Again, you’ve just ignored what I JUST wrote. I’m starting to wish I recorded the bloody thing now. I have NEVER said elementalist is complete garbage. All I’ve EVER said that it’s the WORST class compared to others. Other classes can do what we do, but better, with less effort.

It’s been stated many times, but risk vs reward. kitten me, even that pirate in the order of the whispers says it. xD

@ Everyone else, I use scepter / dagger. Any other combo is hurting your chances of DPS and survival as an elementalist.

Sorry, but it’s the truth. You could use a staff though while your team is distracting them and pray to god you’re not focused =D

I just don’t understand why you’re so bloody ignorant and aggressive? Even after all that you’re coming back more aggressive than before, what is it with you? Just stop already.

People complaining are doing so for a reason. Yes, some people are plain bad and don’t understand the class, the others however have legitimate concerns. I could bring all my other classes and do much better with much less effort, just to further illustrate, but you know what- That’s pointless, because you’d just find another way to turn it around.

I’m not asking for a complete revamp here, I’m simply asking for our bugs to be fixed, our traits to be improved, and for tooltips to be fixed. Better stat scaling wouldn’t hurt either.

I hope you, and others manage to draw conclusions reflecting my earlier statements even after this fiasco.

@Dark – Thanks. As said above, ele’s are not completely unusable, they just require a lot more effort, and are easily outclassed. Bugs, glitches, traits are all little things that can be improved over time. We (I) just want some acknowledgement from ANet that they are actually looking into this.

Well, that and I’d like a down state where I can actually survive.

(edited by Razarei.2809)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skoodles.1260

Skoodles.1260

In short:

No, and you said you was after you began spouting that crap about me not doing any damage. You have the video, I’m not going to argue with you any more, post it up and let everyone see, let your video serve its purpose for backing your claims… again.

Again, you’ve just ignored what I JUST wrote. I’m starting to wish I recorded the bloody thing now. I have NEVER said elementalist is complete garbage. All I’ve EVER said that it’s the WORST class compared to others. Other classes can do what we do, but better, with less effort.

It’s been stated many times, but risk vs reward. kitten me, even that pirate in the order of the whispers says it. xD

@ Everyone else, I use scepter / dagger. Any other combo is hurting your chances of DPS and survival as an elementalist.

Sorry, but it’s the truth. You could use a staff though while your team is distracting them and pray to god you’re not focused =D

I just don’t understand why you’re so bloody ignorant and aggressive? Even after all that you’re coming back more aggressive than before, what is it with you? Just stop already.

People complaining are doing so for a reason. Yes, some people are plain bad and don’t understand the class, the others however have legitimate concerns. I could bring all my other classes and do much better with much less effort, just to further illustrate, but you know what- That’s pointless, because you’d just find another way to turn it around.

I’m not asking for a complete revamp here, I’m simply asking for our bugs to be fixed, our traits to be improved, and for tooltips to be fixed. Better stat scaling wouldn’t hurt either.

I hope you, and others manage to draw conclusions reflecting my earlier statements even after this fiasco.

@Dark – Thanks. As said above, ele’s are not completely unusable, they just require a lot more effort, and are easily outclassed. Bugs, glitches, traits are all little things that can be improved over time. We (I) just want some acknowledgement from ANet that they are actually looking into this.

Well, that and I’d like a down state where I can actually survive.

This

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

http://youtu.be/4QxI0V_RKUA

There is the video when it finishes uploading. That is everything I recorded, I didn’t get the fight where we just stop fighting and call it a draw when I’m sitting on a neutralized zone that i took from you. But you can deny that all you would like. In this video you can see who is chasing who.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainsfords.7419

Rainsfords.7419

I think the real problem is that someone using the same level of micro required for an ele will do much better on a thief/warrior.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sezu.8564

Sezu.8564

Kyros… man… it’s seriously time to stop posting… you sound like a whiny kid now.

in Elementalist

Razarei.2809

http://youtu.be/4QxI0V_RKUA

There is the video when it finishes uploading. That is everything I recorded, I didn’t get the fight where we just stop fighting and call it a draw when I’m sitting on a neutralized zone that i took from you. But you can deny that all you would like. In this video you can see who is chasing who.

Living in your own world again? Why would you not have the last 10 minutes if you claimed you recorded everything?

Video was removed before it even got a view.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oliin.9581

Oliin.9581

In this video you can see who is chasing who.

I was actually curious and tried to watch the video … except it had been removed because of excessive length apparently.

in Elementalist

Kyros.5682

lool removed cause its too long xD

Good contribution to the 100+ post thread sezu. your input is valuable. I’m a whiny aggressive kid, got it. oh and lets not forget a stupid noob D-bag.

@those of you who wanted me to go more in depth when i make builds I’ve recorded and made a new build tonight. Its a condition build with dagger focus. I’m pretty tired right now I’ll piece it together and link it here or start a new thread in a bit.

@razarei, your twisting words again. I agree with you that you have to work harder on an ele for the same results on other classes in certain situations (still doesn’t make the class weak). If that’s all you have been trying to say this whole time, are you done? do you have anything else to add?

(edited by Kyros.5682)

in Elementalist

Gelrod.1295

I’d change “worst class compared to others” with “worse than engineer and probably mesmer.”.

in Elementalist

elchulo.3148

Or we could say the worst glass cannon by far. Let’s face it: many people who roll an ele want a super high burst glass cannon. Problem is we don’t have the burst of other classes that come with much more utility and survivability in their burst builds. Plus, our burst is harder to set up with slow cast times and delayed damage spells like dragon’s tooth. So you are correct to say we aren’t horrible in our tanky/util builds but our glass cannon build sucks. There, I just resolved all the arguments and proved everyone’s points.

(edited by elchulo.3148)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otiz.3259

Otiz.3259

You can’t compare a support build with a 1on1 Build on the base of how good the support build does in a duel. Same goes for other builds. And when comparing 1on1 Builds… the Mesmer always wins^^

my ele’ll beat any mesmer any day

Not any Mesmer no, hardly any with the slightest bit of skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zargozar.9085

Zargozar.9085

Well I have thoroughly enjoyed following this post. All of you have made it very entertaining. So far I have to say the only ones that have any right to talk #$#@ are Kyros and Razarei cause they actually meet and had it out. The other two talkers, you know who you are, should really just stop I mean come on you talked and then challenged and you did nothing. However it did add to the entertainment for the rest of us so I guess thanks for that. Kyros and Razarei just walk away, you both proved yourselves, the rest is just a contest of words. Thanks again, it was fun.

Disclaimer (just in case): It should be obvious the above was just how I see it. I am not better than any of you. I just play for the fun of it and if I meet any of you in combat and you get the upper hand or I get it; so be it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

Kyros, you can confirm your youtube account (it’ll send you an SMS with a code you need to put in), and then you can upload videos up to 10h long, rather than just 15 minutes.

Do eet.