Ele really top dps now?

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Hey forum, just returning to gw2 after a loooong break and after doing the new content I’m going to level one of my alts (main is engi)

I here that elementalist is the top dps in the current meta… Is this true? Is it just because of FGS, or do we have the best overall dps?

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

The ele has always been top dps/burst since beta. It was only unknown by the majority because most players prefer being bunker due to their fear of dying too fast. The improvement is that now bunker specs eles deal more damage than before.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Aside from FGS, staff elementalist deals the absolute highest DPS in the game. Second and third to that is a scepter+LH elementalist and a thief.

So, yeah. Eles are the best.

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

What my guildmate is saying is entirely right I would only add that staff ele requires the team to cover all offensive support in order to enable its full potential. As such, it is an option only for organised groups.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Yep, Ele is now the top DPS in the PvE metagame.

And yet, some people STILL think they are underpowered and beg for a CDI thread over Necros -.-

As far as I’m aware, the second DPS after Elementalist is actually Engineer, but Engineers require to much piano playing the tool bar, so some people just ignore them and say Thief instead.

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Speedrunning is not all about DPS. Engis are bad for speedrunning. You certainly got that idea from Guang, and it’s a bad idea.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Staff is for the cool kids only!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Speedrunning is not all about DPS. Engis are bad for speedrunning. You certainly got that idea from Guang, and it’s a bad idea.

Not like there’s anyone else in this thread who knows anything who could tell him better.

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Not like there’s anyone else in this thread who knows anything who could tell him better.

kitten just got real

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

In speedruns burst has a role also.
And if we could mesure ele DPS without conjured, even with staff build, but without support, i’d doubt ele is so efficient.

In most pug runs you can’t be get top efficiency with standard builds even if you never risk to die for example.

Nowaday we have more antiPUG thread than antiSTACK ones, that could just suggest the tunnel vision the community has.

I would argue that with staff exception, ANY other weaponset needs a strong PvE buff.
Without conjured they are nothing expecially DD unless you camp in AIR with autoattack.

What i really hate is that the most fun build this game ever seen (EA) is so bad in PvE.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

kitten just got real

But you know what’s not real? His lengthy speedrunning experience among a famous high-end guild :p

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

kitten just got real

But you know what’s not real? His lengthy speedrunning experience among a famous high-end guild :p

Yet I still manage to do Arah P2 without wiping.

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

kitten just got real

Yet I still manage to do Arah P2 without wiping.

Are you trying to imply that I die in arah p2?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

And the epic showdown between Zelyhn, a champion of the informed and knowledgable vs. Guang, the person who called me cancer on the necro threads, has begun.

Go zelyhn go!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Are you really that hung up over the cancer thing?

Also just so the convo doesn’t derail too much, if you think engie isn’t 2nd DPS, maybe you’d like to tell me what you think it is.

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: schmots.6803

schmots.6803

straight dps?? thief

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

Also just so the convo doesn’t derail too much, if you think engie isn’t 2nd DPS, maybe you’d like to tell me what you think it is.

Yeah I am in case you didn’t notice.

While I’m all for people respectfully disagreeing with others about certain things and standing up for their beliefs and opinions, I was really deeply hurt and offended by your comment and that you made no attempt to apologize.

I work in a cancer research center, its a big deal to me. I understand that you’re very opinionated about your beliefs, but I feel like much of your comments, especially the one’s previously directed towards me and the necromancer community in general were particularly hurtful and spiteful.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Why do I keep hearing on reddit that they are going to nerf Fiery Great Sword? Did a dev say that somewhere or is it just player speculation?

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Yeah I am in case you didn’t notice.

While I’m all for people respectfully disagreeing with others about certain things and standing up for their beliefs and opinions, I was really deeply hurt and offended by your comment and that you made no attempt to apologize.

I work in a cancer research center, its a big deal to me. I understand that you’re very opinionated about your beliefs, but I feel like much of your comments, especially the one’s previously directed towards me and the necromancer community in general were particularly hurtful and spiteful.

You really should not pay any attention to what Guang says. He had credibility once, but he switfly lost it, a long time ago. Now he just posts everywhere with his opinions that everybody in their right mind disregard. He is still a bit of an issue because he gives bad information to new players. But on the other hand he gives us really good laughing opportunities

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

straight dps?? thief

Well here’s what I’ve got on thief. You’re free to take it however you like, I don’t care.

6/6/0/0/2 D/D, Backstab until 33% then Heartseeker spam:
With infinite initiative/until starting inititiave pool drains: 13572 DPS
Factoring in initiative cost: 11946

By comparison my numbers for other classes:

6/2/2/2/2 Staff ele: 14614
6/6/0/0/2 Rifle/Nades engie: 12601
6/6/0/2/0 GS “second warrior”: 12396
4/6/0/4/0 A/M "standard warrior: 10657

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Why would you use blasting staff ? :o

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Probably the same reason why you use runes of the traveller on your engi build

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I like how Zelyhn is just talking to himself now.

I remember when he thought he could theorycraft but turned out to be terrible at it so now he just goes around digging up old grudges.

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

GIRLS GIRLS

BOTH of you are beautiful!

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Indeed and now I’m known to be a bad theorycrafter, my life is sad

Edit:

Attachments:

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

(edited by Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867)

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Go take it up with the theorycrafters at DnT and tell them why they’re wrong while you’re at it. Because our numbers line up just fine and you’re apparently the only one who’s getting differing results.

If you’re really getting results at all and aren’t just talking out your kitten .

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

That’s very interesting my dear Guang, so you called me a bad theorycrafter without even knowing if I have numbers to provide? Sounds like someone has been talking too fast

It turns out theorycrafting is not all about computing DPS. What a surprise heh? I don’t doubt you have certainly become better at maths since the last time I took your own spreadsheet to correct its myriad of mistakes, but this is not what I was talking about. I was saying that despite their damaging potential, engineers are not good for speedclears.

Anyway, maybe you would like to explain to us why you say engi is 2nd best DPS while DnT says it is 3rd? Their numbers look quite different from yours … who could be wrong? I wonder

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

That’s very interesting my dear Guang, so you called me a bad theorycrafter without even knowing if I have numbers to provide? Sounds like someone has been talking too fast

It turns out theorycrafting is not all about computing DPS. What a surprise heh? I don’t doubt you have certainly become better at maths since the last time I took your own spreadsheet to correct its myriad of mistakes, but this is not what I was talking about. I was saying that despite their damaging potential, engineers are not good for speedclears.

Anyway, maybe you would like to explain to us why you say engi is 2nd best DPS while DnT says it is 3rd? Their numbers look quite different from yours … who could be wrong? I wonder

Because they are using thief burst DPS over a 30-second period which pushes it slightly higher than the average sustained on account of how initiative works. Thieves can burst a fair bit of damage due to having a frontloaded initiative pool + multiple long-CD initiative-recharging skills but once you average out over the entire period it gets considerably worse.

Also last I checked this thread was about DPS, maybe I was wrong.

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

Also last I checked this thread was about DPS, maybe I was wrong.

Well if we’re talking speedclears, almost everything should be dead within 30 seconds, and maybe thief could get its group a better time by providing more stealth for trash skips than an engi could.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: schmots.6803

schmots.6803

OP, the answer is yes.

Ele really top dps now?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Yeah Guang but you see that’s an issue: I don’t doubt that you have the mental abilities to be decent at computing DPS if you work a lot on it, but you have zero speedclearing experience… This is why you use completely wrong assumptions every single time. As a result, your calculations are useless. So even if this was all about DPS, you would be wrong. Tough life, is it not?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]