Ele's and Orr

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: KillMEiDareU.8026

KillMEiDareU.8026

This is just me ranting cause i have to.
Ok so awhile ago i read something on the forums about Ele’s not surviving in orr from any mob.
Like seriously? i dont see the problem. It just means that you arent playing ele correctly. I play ele, but am only an average one. Yet in orr i can take on about 5+ mobs at once? Of course i have troubles when it comes to the champions thats a no brainer….but seriously if youre dying in orr its cause you arent using your skills correctly.
Sorry if ya read it all, just wanted to rant alittle

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

sigh, another “bragging” thread in which the OP is deluded in thinking he is the best ele out there and probably the only ele who can survive Orr…

@OP; I “survive” just fine in Orr with my ele, fully ascended, I go on a gathering run every day lately, I can take out almost any mob except for some ranged veterans who hand my butt naked when Im facing more than 1. I end up getting killed by some champions in closed spaces when the ores are hidden there and I get ganked by 3+ mobs who all CC me, but other than that I also survive.

I only had my ele with the Orr map, but since I now want to craft ascended, I decided to take my guardian and get the Orr map too.

Boy oh boy. Same equipment, fully ascended, exact same zerker gear with exactly the same trinkets in the exact same order and everything (beautifully matched). I faceroll, my health never drops from 80%, I can take 3+ veterans on myself and come with at least 1-2 utilities without being used. Stuff dies, and dies fast.

Im not a new ele, 15xx hours played, 13xx of those on my ele, staff ele mostly, beat liadri, 2 on my guard with, I sh]it you not, gree/yellow equipment with random stats, an exotic scepter and rare torch with conditions damage on it and only chest and shoulder pads exotic with soldier stats, trinkets were green lvl 20 with power on them and a random ascended ring with condition damage on it from a FoTm run I had with my ele, used a shout build first and then an AH build, both copy/pasta from a random website. My ele? only once with and had to buy a full condition set and barely made it till the end..

I will let you decipher this “complicated” reply and make sense of my point.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

That is a cool story. Tell me more.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

“I go full 30/30 water/arcane tank/heal ele and I survive just as well as other classes L2P noob”.

Lol…

My zerker Mesmer has the same survivability but does dmg.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

Fortus.6175 I agree. Something has been happening to the ele. My damage versus npcs has dropped when I test with the same power. Not by a little – significantly. I imagine that whatever tweaking to the math that made npcs tougher also improved more survivable classes. All I know for sure, is that the numbers I see now are not the impressive numbers I was seeing a month ago.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

This is just me ranting cause i have to.
Ok so awhile ago i read something on the forums about Ele’s not surviving in orr from any mob.
Like seriously? i dont see the problem. It just means that you arent playing ele correctly. I play ele, but am only an average one. Yet in orr i can take on about 5+ mobs at once? Of course i have troubles when it comes to the champions thats a no brainer….but seriously if youre dying in orr its cause you arent using your skills correctly.
Sorry if ya read it all, just wanted to rant alittle

i literally can’t gather enough bronze/normal mobs to kill me in orr(lose agro due to range) when i am on my war or necro -.- soo the point you can actually have a challenging fight by a handfull of mobs on your ele kinda sets it in perspective now doesnt it…

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: KillMEiDareU.8026

KillMEiDareU.8026

Sorry please forgive me if it sounds like i am bragging.
It is not what i intended.
As for you fortus, no i dont have full ascended equipment, i dont grind mobs/ gathering nodes daily, or really ever. I am just a casual player. I am only ranting in my first post, so if you want to rant at my rant go right ahead, it is just to get stuff off my chest

Oh and also, i know im not the best ele, im not a great ele. There are numerous ele’s better than me.

(edited by KillMEiDareU.8026)

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

Eles need higher base damage to account for the fact that they have the lowest base HPs and the lowest base armor. Why this isn’t obvious to the developers I don’t know.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tesla.1427

Tesla.1427

I hate exploring Orr, no matter what class I’m playing. So, to me, Orr is kitten no matter what. Sure, all the good mats are farmed there, but dear god… going there makes me wanna rip my eyes out.

Never took an Ele there, so it’ll be interesting to see. Without the stealth of my thief, should make kitten interesting.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

ImProVocateur.5189

KillMEiDareU.8026. – There is no need to say it when you can show it. The reason people do not want to see threads like this is because it is practically trolling. I have FRAPS ready. You see my game name. Contact me in-game. I will be on most of tonight. Seriously, whisper me. We will find the 5+ mobs you can handle. We will record it, and post it here. Why not help others improve to your self-claimed pro level? Either you can or cannot. If you choose not to contact me in-game to make this video, then everyone knows what’s up.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

ImProVocateur.5189

OP took the challenge. I got the vid, and he got his win. I got the punishment. Check it out: here

(edited by ImProVocateur.5189)

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

O SNAP!

Attachments:

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: bookman.9260

bookman.9260

Hey Vocateur not to sound mean or anything, but you should really learn how to dodge. Again I’m not sure if you were serious in that short clip, but you could have prevented a lot of damage by just dodging a couple times. Just a friendly tip.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

ImProVocateur.5189

bookman.9260,
I will write that down, and try to add that to my future epic moves.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

Eles have problems in Orr?? Since when? I went with a crit build and haven’t had any problems. Even before the crit build as the lightening hammer one I was fine.

The only times I noticed a problem was in a story instance or when I was just being an idiot and biting off more than I can chew with the mobs.

(edited by frayon.3984)

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

OP took the challenge. I got the vid, and he got his win. I got the punishment. Check it out: here

Grats on the win, but if I may be so bold.

If you use an elite Earth Elemental as tank, you could take on a lot more. Not only can they tank a lot of damage (especially if they gain some of your heals during the fight), they attract aggro as if they know the best way to insult all mobs’ mothers.

A meteor shower on top of it and you’ll have them cleared in no time.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

If you want to survive in Orr, you can either just ran past the mobs, or kill them before they kill you.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

All you have to do to survive in Orr is know how to play. I farm there on a zerker ele while watching movies. This goes for any profession really.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Someone doesn’t play any other class.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

If you’re a glass cannon Elementalist and you travel to Orr, you’re screwed. I have full berserker armor with an ascended soldier staff, and all soldier trinkets, and it’s a lot easier to survive in Orr with that type of build. I can survive a few mobs before I die instead of getting hit twice by one enemy and exploding instantly because I used a glass cannon build.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

You guys have no right to talk. Orr is much easier now than it was at launch.

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

If you’re a glass cannon Elementalist and you travel to Orr, you’re screwed.

Not at all… i used to do daily orr runs on my elementalist there. Moved through the area without problems, and killed hordes of mobs without probs either… I’m also a staff ele…

I do remember at launch when my ele was crappy builded, it was impossible to kill veteran mobs. Orr land nowadays is easy mode.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

If you’re a glass cannon Elementalist and you travel to Orr, you’re screwed.

Not at all… i used to do daily orr runs on my elementalist there. Moved through the area without problems, and killed hordes of mobs without probs either… I’m also a staff ele…

I do remember at launch when my ele was crappy builded, it was impossible to kill veteran mobs. Orr land nowadays is easy mode.

I should clarify. I meant you’re screwed in certain areas of Orr. There is one area of Orr, I can’t remember which, that has all ranged enemies that do crazy condition damage. The normal melee enemies are pretty easy to take apart before they get to you if you’re a glass cannon ele.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Ele's and Orr

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

several months ago (like 8 of them, before I stopped playing this game), one of my favorite things to do was solo Orr on my 30/20/0/0/20 full berserker/rampager (masterwork armor) staff (exotic staff) ele

All areas, mind you. melee or ranged enemies mattered not. Ele has too many ways to avoid incoming damage of all sorts.

I usually died several times trying to solo some of the group events, though.

(edited by reikken.4961)