Ele's and groups

Ele's and groups

in Elementalist

Posted by: BSV Snafu.9854

BSV Snafu.9854

So would it ever be better to take my ele over my mesmer in pug or organized dungeon and fractal groups? Is an ele worth taking at all? People seem to not want ele’s in their groups.

Ele's and groups

in Elementalist

Posted by: Deneb.2697

Deneb.2697

In PVE Eles shine for damage and utility (fury&might, hammer, bow, fgs, ecc..)
also, focus is really good in fractals…
why someone will not take your elementalist?

Ele's and groups

in Elementalist

Posted by: BSV Snafu.9854

BSV Snafu.9854

most groups i see say only heavies and mesmers :O

Ele's and groups

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

mesmer + guardian covers every single aspect an ele would with better performances for fractals…

Except for staff dps OR tank S/F (this last is useful only to carry bad pugs).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Ele's and groups

in Elementalist

Posted by: Deneb.2697

Deneb.2697

but everyone know that guardian and mesmer are boring :P

Ele's and groups

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Mesmer is all but boring in pve (well is frustrating for the lack of AoE in open pve but in istances is quite good).

DPS ele is a bad joke obtained from overnerfing skills and trying to compensate with traits
result:

222252222522225 and stuff like that.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Ele's and groups

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Mesmers and heavies are more popular. Doesn’t mean that eles are useless in groups though. Every profession can bring something worthwhile to any group. If you want to optimal speed clear stuff and set the timescale to seconds…then yes, not every group will allow for a world record. But people that don’t want eles in their groups are usually the types that cannot do a dungeon unless it follows a certain pattern exactly…and you should ask yourself if those players are good enough to play with you, not vice versa.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.