Ele's and weapon swapping

in Elementalist

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

Now I understand why eles cant swap in combat and I’m fine with that, but how about a hot key we can use so when we are out of combat it can be a simple one click process vs having to hit H then locate the weapon set you would like.

Id really like to see something like 3-4 hot keys for weapon sets so I can swap between Staff, scep/dagger and whatever else we’d like.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Before this turns into another combat swap up/op blah blah blah thingy.

It would be great, and has been requested since first beta weekend.
Reply back then was that they wanted to do it properly and make a complete template system, so you can switch whole sets of gear, skills, traits and such in a rapid manner.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

void.6705

im with you on this ele’s with true weapon swap would be insane, just looking for something to make it easier during gameplay

in Elementalist

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

+1 to this. I would love to see this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Uloi.8593

Uloi.8593

Hell this would be good for all classes. +1 for you guys

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

GW1 had a template system, for all your skills and whatnot, and you could save and link your entire build to your party members who could then save or load up the template.

I would like to see a similar system

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Yes, we really need this. I hate to open my bag or Hero windows and look around for my main weapon + other trash loot gears.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

in Elementalist

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Give ele weapon swap it makes no sense not to. With other classes it allows to stack up power of prec on a secondary and then use a different sigil on a primary. The staff and DD as a combo is not that different to a Warrior with GS rifle. It seems unfair that Ele doesnt have it. Although would need a cool down that is impacted by attunement. So you can not swap when attunes are on cool down. (To stop Nuking through all daggers and then all scepter etc)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

if they do that now, the other prof will scream their lungs out! :P

I am Guardian Primary and I am screaming my lungs out in favour

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Give ele weapon swap it makes no sense not to.

It makes plenty sense, and if you read through some of the older threads you’ll learn why.

Out of combat swap is fine for me, though maybe it could be made part of a larger build swapping system like we had in Guild Wars 1.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BRAiNZ.7480

BRAiNZ.7480

Out of combat weapon swap would be great in PvE, but still overpowered in WvW/PvP.
Imagine enabling Obsidian Flesh and then bum rushing in with Ride the Lightning.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Out of combat weapon swap would be great in PvE, but still overpowered in WvW/PvP.
Imagine enabling Obsidian Flesh and then bum rushing in with Ride the Lightning.

And that is why. :-) People are creative enough to find overpowered combos with out of combat swapping. Imagine what they coukitten with in combat swapping…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thion.3718

Thion.3718

Aye, gief out of combat WS. Its a pain switching between staff nad D/D or S/D
Cant see any reason why we cant have it

in Elementalist

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

But there’s nothing stopping that now, it’s just a pain.

Out of combat weapon swap, or the trait swapping the devs mentioned way back would be awesome for every class, not just elementalists.

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

in Elementalist

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Why stop at just weapons?

Maybe it’s just me, but I would like it if all classes (not just Elementalists) had two different gear ‘templates.’ When out of combat, a single key would allow for swapping to the other template. If a slot in the template you are swapping to is empty, it would just retain what was in that slot before the template swap was initiated.

in Elementalist

void.6705

That would be cool if you could set up gear sets anything to make some ingame functions smoother and less cumbersome

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

lol i was about to make this thread myself. its good to know that there are others who think the same way. this would also be good for engineer.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Yea, a weapon swap for OUT of combat would be such a great adding to the game! I’m already tired of having to click “H” to just give a swiftness buff to my party… Since it’s out of combat, I don’t see how it could break the game balance. It certainly would coop with the “play and not get ready to play” mentality of Arena Net.

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Elementalist

Posted by: SkeeLd.2164

SkeeLd.2164

If this actually becomes an issue, then simply make it so every time you swap weapons all boons/self-effects/whatever Obsidian Flesh-like skills are called are removed from you. It’d make everything on so many different classes easier.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minus.3478

Minus.3478

An out of combat weapon swop is all I would ask for since it would be extremely OP if we could. I just hate fumbling through my inventory to find my focus or staff after I have looted about 6 of each. Nothing worse than equipping that blue staff instead of your exotic in the heat of a battle (after you run away to drop combat lol).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

Seeing how the devs locked build and weapon switching in tpvp I wouldn’t hold my breath. But would be nice for hot joins, wvw and pve where u just mess around anyway

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Yeah just a locked-in-combat weapon swap would be great. Having to go to the H menu every time is annoying. Just lock it in combat, and keep us two weapon sets, it’s not that hard. We’re losing 2 inventory spaces after all.