Ele solo dungeon build?

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wiseone.4038

Wiseone.4038

So I’m interested in doing solo dungeons on my ele, seems like a challenge that would be fun. However, I’ve tried searching youtube and google for a solo dungeon build for eles and all I seem to get as results is videos of people soloing dungeons on their ele with their time record. Does anyone know where I could find a build for eles to solo dungeons?

EDIT: found this build on intothemists.com which may be viable for a beginner soloing, any thoughts?
http://intothemists.com/guides/4819-solo_mage

(edited by Wiseone.4038)

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

The build you found is terrible, you should use a comfortable D/F build instead

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Wiseone.4038

Thanks for the reply, what stats should I use? I’ve noticed in most of the videos they use zerker mainly but I feel like for just starting solo attempts that might be a bit too squishy for a start.

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Actually Neko, its most of the time not really best to use that heal and sometimes FGS can be really useful for the extra evade. You of course probably knew this but I’m guessing that OP doesn’t…

@OP, start out in berserker because honestly you’re going to get destroyed no matter what gear you’re using if you don’t evade at the right times. Ele can often be a pretty bad class for soloing depending on what dungeon it is, due to how unforgiving it is.

Best word of advice is that you should be changing weapons and traits frequently depending on the encounter. Don’t stay D/F all the time, don’t stay staff all the time, don’t keep the same traits throughout everything.

Most of the time 66002/66200/64202/62222 tend to be the trait point allocations that I use.

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Wiseone.4038

Hey Purple, I was talking to my friend about this and they showed me your stream lol. I noticed you were on your warrior when I tuned in, do you do solo stuff on ele too?

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

As a matter of fact I do, but I’m by no means the best at ele… I feel much more ‘at home’ when on my warrior. I can solo on my ele though. I always ask my twitch chat for requests, so if you ever tune in please by all means request me to play on my ele if that’s what you wish to see!

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Actually Neko, its most of the time not really best to use that heal and sometimes FGS can be really useful for the extra evade. You of course probably knew this but I’m guessing that OP doesn’t…

@OP, start out in berserker because honestly you’re going to get destroyed no matter what gear you’re using if you don’t evade at the right times. Ele can often be a pretty bad class for soloing depending on what dungeon it is, due to how unforgiving it is.

Best word of advice is that you should be changing weapons and traits frequently depending on the encounter. Don’t stay D/F all the time, don’t stay staff all the time, don’t keep the same traits throughout everything.

Most of the time 66002/66200/64202/62222 tend to be the trait point allocations that I use.

Very true, I think I was just more trying to give a singularly presented guide with one solid build versus the rather terrible one the OP was starting with.

But yeah, like anything in the game really, you’ll actually find changing things up (Staff on some encounters, Dagger/Focus on others, maybe even Lighting Hammer autoattack with its blinds perhaps) based on the encounter is the way you really should play, whether it’s solo dungeons or group dungeons.

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

When it comes to soloing on Ele, the most important thing is to be willing to think critically and try out different things. There is nothing wrong with failing at any point, as long as you learn why you failed, and what you can do to prevent it from happening again. Learn all your traits, and all of your utilities, think of situations where they could be useful, then when you get into certain situations see whether the trait/utilities usefulness matches what is required for the encounter.

One more thing to note is that the builds that Miku and Neko have given are extremely glassy focused more on soloing dungeons quickly, rather than for your first time trying them solo. Don’t be afraid to invest a bit more in defensive traits if you are struggling with them. For example if you are having trouble with condis such as poison in TA, then invest 4 in water for cleansing wave, hurts your dps a bit but generally makes things a lot easier.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

When it comes to soloing on Ele, the most important thing is to be willing to think critically and try out different things. There is nothing wrong with failing at any point, as long as you learn why you failed, and what you can do to prevent it from happening again. Learn all your traits, and all of your utilities, think of situations where they could be useful, then when you get into certain situations see whether the trait/utilities usefulness matches what is required for the encounter.

One more thing to note is that the builds that Miku and Neko have given are extremely glassy focused more on soloing dungeons quickly, rather than for your first time trying them solo. Don’t be afraid to invest a bit more in defensive traits if you are struggling with them. For example if you are having trouble with condis such as poison in TA, then invest 4 in water for cleansing wave, hurts your dps a bit but generally makes things a lot easier.

Fuq dat, go man mode, or don’t go.
Trust me there is nothing glorious about a 20 minute lupi solo, unless you think having your brain cells commit suicide one by one is an achievement!

I’m gonna admit i didn’t read your entire post, but regarding ta, if you cant handle the blooms ether renewal alone is enough.
Before you call me a kitten, i know, but i would still totally terrace with you!

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mike Hawk.4835

Mike Hawk.4835

Here’s the build I’ve been running with – probably not the best, but certainly very fun and very viable for soloing content. Depending on what you’re running, you may swap out Frost Bow and Greatsword for something else …

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWhMMqZ25w6Bf0AEACpkhDEZh4SZ6A-TFSBwAUeAA3V/poyPa6Asu/QElgIM/B4CAQKABVGB-w

Maguuma – [VEIN] – [CTB]

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Trust me there is nothing glorious about a 20 minute lupi solo, unless you think having your brain cells commit suicide one by one is an achievement!

I’m gonna admit i didn’t read your entire post, but regarding ta, if you cant handle the blooms ether renewal alone is enough.
Before you call me a kitten, i know, but i would still totally terrace with you!

You’re drunk! Go solo boss or do some PvP :p

Don’t forget 52520 against structures and 64004 against Lupi. I belong to TeamFlexible, not TeamManmode.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Ele solo dungeon build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

You’re drunk! Go solo boss or do some PvP :p

Don’t forget 52520 against structures and 64004 against Lupi. I belong to TeamFlexible, not TeamManmode.

Well if you wanna go flexible there is always 14/14/14/14/14 it excells at everything equally, i would say it’s talent to walk short distances without dying is it’s biggest selling point!

Besides that it creates a powerful paradox black hole caused by static flexibility being non dynamic and utterly destroys time and space.
And burns everything and goes on and on and on.
Creating empires of the rising sun.
It truly brings together the human abstract.

A revolution is nigh, Adapt or Perish!
…in a conference meeting, yes. Truly.

The End.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.