Ele underwater damage

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Do the devs recognize that ele underwater damage is extremely underpowered? To the point of not even worth it to fight underwater? This also applies to pve.

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: RayneOfChaos.9856

RayneOfChaos.9856

Ele underwater is nothing but complete crap

Sik Stormz – 80 Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Allukard.1826

Allukard.1826

Underwater combat for ele is hell rly i am quite happy with my elementalist buth when i enter water i can’t do a thing. We shoud get some buffs/fixes on the underwater combat. Plus its so annoing when a monster i am fighting at sine oiunt just gets immune and refreshes its health

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Once you get use to it you realize you have alot of options to disable an opponent underwater: undercurrent, air bubble, rock anchor, etc. Our top underwater damage skills are all in water attunement.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Underwater 5 is very strong if you use it on either a big enemy or against a wall/floor (but it’s a melee skill unfortunately). Overall we’re not too bad I think, seeing as most classes complain about underwater combat… We just have to use ccs and keep backing away, which isn’t hard with the chills thanks to water magic.

I’ll admit earth and water 3 are both pretty useless though. Bubble is only useful for running away. Autoattack is weak as usual too, fire in particular could use a better mechanic since the delayed explosive doesn’t stick to the enemy.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

water5 does about as much damage as a spammable thief skill underwater. And it’s our hardest hitting underwater attack, and has 20 seconds cooldown.

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

And @ulion: all the cc in the world doesn’t help you if you do such low damage that you run out of cc before you can kill your opponent.

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Unless I am up against multiple opponents underwater I do not run out of cc and blinds. My main attunement is air and each volley damage about ~1200 total damage. A good hit with tidal wave (~6hits or so)can do about 9k if you have an exotic weapon.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I’m pretty sure they balanced our damage around having 4 targeted CCs and a pretty powerful Elite (or at least used to be).

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: CurtMonash.3498

CurtMonash.3498

The lack of condition clear is annoying too. Going offensive on the utility skills isn’t really an option, which kittens damage further.

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: CurtMonash.3498

CurtMonash.3498

Oh, my — the kittens are taking over much of the dictionary.

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Water is a pretty solid attunement underwater, but the other elements just lack any oomph. If Water 5 got a slight increase in damage, and it healing applied to you as well, I think that would wrap up one element and free the way to improve the others. None of the auto attacks are on par with the other professions for damage except maybe Air 1, which requires you to get ridiculously close on a ranged weapon. Fire 1’s speed and explosion delay make it useless; if the aoe was improved considerably (and I mean like 600m sphere areas), I could maybe excuse its other pathetic qualities. Fire 2 looks great on paper, but again, has a very small hit range for its damage. Fire 3? Garbage; mesmers have a superior skill underwater. Fire 4 is alright, but again, has no damage for the CD cost. Fire 5 is only good for the self-vigor and possibly burning a melee-range foe.

I’m not even going to go into the other elements. It’s just ridiculous that I can burn half my CD and do almost nothing as a net result and a warrior can spin around, home in on me and wreck my health bar if I don’t pop mist form, because even dodging doesn’t avoid the majority of the hits.

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

dmg underwater compared to other professions is utterly sad.

the only spells that are strong enough to compete with other professions auto-attack are either elite or have massive cooldowns.

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

hmm i kinda gotta disagree here :S

On my ele i’m doing pretty fine in underwater combat, the only thing that’s a pain in the kitten there is when you get attacked from behind, especially in Orr.

But other than that, my key for underwater combat is switching the attunements as many times as possible and beat the hell out of an oponent that way.
Could do a skill point in Orr without big issues where a warrior died short before i arrived.

In WvW I can do pretty well in a underwater 1v1 aswell, havent got to many 2v1 situations yet

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

hmm i kinda gotta disagree here :S

On my ele i’m doing pretty fine in underwater combat, the only thing that’s a pain in the kitten there is when you get attacked from behind, especially in Orr.

But other than that, my key for underwater combat is switching the attunements as many times as possible and beat the hell out of an oponent that way.
Could do a skill point in Orr without big issues where a warrior died short before i arrived.

In WvW I can do pretty well in a underwater 1v1 aswell, havent got to many 2v1 situations yet

What do you do underwater? Do you have any combos you use or anything? I have no idea what I’m doing underwater.

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

As I said, I switch attunements as much as possible.

but basically within the attunements
Fire: Lava Chains (Slot 4) to cripple the enemy
Water: Ice Wall (Slot 3) to get on distance, then Ice Wall detonate (again Slot 3) to chil:l the foe
Air: Air Bubble (Slot 4) to immobilize or better said: to make him go where i want him to
Earth: Rock Anchor (Slot 4) same intention as Air Bubble.

For damaging Water Slot 2 (Ice Cube) is very nice especially if you detonate that thing short before it hits the target.

The AoEs of Air and Fire (both on slot 2) are nice aswell.

and last but not least, keep moving!

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

Although I enjoy underwater emensly and really never had any issues completing anything, I DO agree that compared to other classes, we are incredibly weak with damage while under water.

I have laid it down to not being able to combo with ourselves, we have no way of buffing up with mights (or anything for that matter) as none of our abilities have fields or finishers. Why was this not included? It just exagerates the importance of combos for the Elementalist. Imagine how horribly weak we would be (or were, before we figured out the combos) if we couldn’t combo at all on land as well.

(edited by Efaicia.3672)

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: OddFinrir.6801

OddFinrir.6801

In PvP it seems we can do pretty well if you know what you are doing. By the time I run out of skills to use, the other person is close to dead. I have to surprise them though to succeed.

PvE is another matter. Our attacks do minimal damage compared to other classes. I might as well stay in water attunement and auto attack because it does more damage than anything else. We have so much CC we actually lack damage.

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

As I said, I switch attunements as much as possible.

but basically within the attunements
Fire: Lava Chains (Slot 4) to cripple the enemy
Water: Ice Wall (Slot 3) to get on distance, then Ice Wall detonate (again Slot 3) to chil:l the foe
Air: Air Bubble (Slot 4) to immobilize or better said: to make him go where i want him to
Earth: Rock Anchor (Slot 4) same intention as Air Bubble.

For damaging Water Slot 2 (Ice Cube) is very nice especially if you detonate that thing short before it hits the target.

The AoEs of Air and Fire (both on slot 2) are nice aswell.

and last but not least, keep moving!

Have fun doing that against players where it won’t work and they’ll destroy you within 10 seconds because of their superiour underwater dps.

Ele underwater damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Enigmoid.1264

Enigmoid.1264

yeah, earth auto attack does like 150 damage.