Elemental Attunement - WHY!!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: SteeleTek.7064

SteeleTek.7064

ANet,

I know this is a bit old – from the very merry wintersday update:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/release-notes-for-a-very-merry-wintersday/

But PLEASE – move Elemental Attunement back to the Adept tier.

In this update the intention is to mitigate the need for players to be forced down the Arcana line. So you reduced cooldown of attunements. But at the same time you moved Elemental Attunement to the Master tier! This is the trait most people seek in Arcana! Now I’m STILL forced to go down Arcana just to grab this trait.

Quote:
“…we decided to move some of the most powerful Adept-tier traits in Water Magic and Arcana to the Master tier. This was done to avoid power creep that would have occurred by letting players gain powerful effects in the Master and Grandmaster tier of Fire Magic, Air Magic, and Earth Magic and still get the extremely powerful traits in Water Magic and Arcana by only investing 10 points.”

… really? Power creep on an Elementalist? LOL. I mainly PvP by the way, in which Ele is very weak. Very unfortunate because Ele is a fun professions to play but the weakest in PvP.

SAD FACE

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

All those powerful effects in the Fire Magic line….Earth Grandmaster soooo strong too!

I believe the approach to ele balance is: nerf anything viable so that the garbage that is abundant in all traitlines doesn’t look so bad.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention this: ele’s aren’t allowed to have nice things.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I would prefer they spread the effects of elemental attument to the 5pt traits instead (in addition to what they do now of course).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

Except that renewing stamina is a stronger trait.

It would make more sense putting Elemental attunement in Adept and moving renewing stamina. But then Staff Elementalists will lose out as Elemental attunement is useful for staff users.

But i dont think i’ve ran just 10 in arcana for it to bother me. I’ve ran 5 (scepter) 20 (staff) or 30 (D/D-D/F).

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

because obv ele’s are to “op”
I argued this when it was 1st introduced; the water & arcana traits should have never been touched, the ele’s with more bunker builds such as 0/10/0/30/30 who would like to shift somewhat away while keeping their boons would never really be able to because.. dundundun traits were moved to higher tiers, hence them being forced to stay 0/10/0/30/30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maliken.5630

Maliken.5630

Elemental attunement should be a standard thing for all elementalist (its just part of the mechanic of the ele i think), but it should only affect yourself. With the trait it should affect others around you. This is just my opinion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Elemental attunement should be a standard thing for all elementalist (its just part of the mechanic of the ele i think), but it should only affect yourself. With the trait it should affect others around you. This is just my opinion.

People have been saying this for months now. Eles don’t take Elemental Attunement to support their parties, they take it mainly to be able to survive longer with the regen/protection. I really do not see why this can’t happen. It would free up a trait slot in Arcana at the very least.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

………

That makes me so sad, but it’s so true! Why can’t we have that one thing that other classes can point to as OP and complain about? Something that even the worst of us could get some satisfaction out of.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

………

That makes me so sad, but it’s so true! Why can’t we have that one thing that other classes can point to as OP and complain about? Something that even the worst of us could get some satisfaction out of.

Oh, they’ll do that. I get decap Engis (most of whom run Automated Response) complaining that Diamond Skin is OP because they can’t condi-pressure me. Rather than learn how to deal with it, folks running full condi (that would previously completely destroy most eles) cry out that it’s completely OP.

And, of course, there’s the S/D FAir burst – very high damage in a short space of time, many folks complain about it.

At any rate – we really /don’t/ wan’t to become OP. We want the other stupidly powerful builds seriously toned down, so that actual balance can happen. Getting broken skills given to you isn’t ever a good thing, because it’ll lead to big nerfs – the best-case scenario being the removal of the broken ability, but often it’ll lead to the entire class becoming useless. Look at what happened to Ele when they were trying to deal with D/D bunkers.

in Elementalist

SteeleTek.7064

ANET ARE YOU LISTENING TO US? ! THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN! MOVE ELEMENTAL ATTUNEMENT BACK TO ADEPT OR MAKE IT A MINOR TRAIT OR MAKE IT STANDARD TO ELE WITH THE TRAIT ALLOWING YOU TO AFFECT ALLIES!

PLEEEEEASE!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Elemental Attunement is possibly the strongest defensive and utility trait in the game. It’s Grandmaster-level worthy. Given that, it is a bit weird because as far as I know, nearly all Eles take it in PvP formats, and it’s the bread and butter of their survivability. Even though it’s very powerful, it’s also borderline necessary in PvP. It probably should be an inherent part of the Elementalist, I feel.

in Elementalist

SteeleTek.7064

Neko- you are COMPLETELY RIGHT.

The Elemental Attunement trait is absolutely necessary for Ele’s so most Ele’s now have to go deep into Arcana just to obtain it. This is 100% contrary to the goal ANet proclaimed in their Very Merry Wintersday Update when they made this change:

ArenaNet: “The goal of this release for the elementalist was to increase the power of the Earth Magic, Air Magic, and Fire Magic trait lines, while taking away some of the need to go into the Arcana line.”
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/release-notes-for-a-very-merry-wintersday/

This is why I am sincerely asking ArenaNet to reverse this change. It had completely changed my build and essentially nerfed it, making me go deeper into Arcana instead of Fire/Air/Earth. The GW2 community and Ele lovers need to raise our voices so ANet hears us.

ANet please acknowledge or comment on this issue.

Thank you,
-Saud

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

It’s a class-defining trait; it should be baseline, even if it’s a self-only version with a trait to get the AOE version.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I agree it should be baseline for the self-only version. The trait should make it AoE to affect allies.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Just please… They buffed it giving 3 sec more protection and u still whine about it being a master trait? It is fine as it is.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

-remove air 5
-renewing stamina to replace air 5
-elemental attunement to arcana 5
-remove arcana 15, make it baseline
-arcana 15 is now evasive arcana
-base 9 second recharge that is further reduced the more points you spend in arcana

now at the very least you only need 5 points in arcana. build diversity. fixed ele.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

-remove air 5
-renewing stamina to replace air 5
-elemental attunement to arcana 5
-remove arcana 15, make it baseline
-arcana 15 is now evasive arcana
-base 9 second recharge that is further reduced the more points you spend in arcana

now at the very least you only need 5 points in arcana. build diversity. fixed ele.

You kidding right? Fixing making op as hell? That’s true, that is very low build diversity, but just remake traits in other lines and it should be ok (to hard to do it for them, making useless gm traits this patch).

in Elementalist

SteeleTek.7064

Rudy- did you even read this post?

ANet’s goal behind this restructuring was, and I quote:

" The goal of this release for the elementalist was to increase the power of the Earth Magic, Air Magic, and Fire Magic trait lines, while taking away some of the need to go into the Arcana line. "

So the Elemental Attunement was moved to Master which is essential for all Ele’s. Therefore, this is contrary to their goal.

Furthermore, Ele is undeniably underpowered in PvP and WvW (good in PvE) so any buff we get would be much needed for PvP and WvW.

Thank you