Elemental Bastion is always best pick.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

It’s even the best pick without healing power. Is it possible to do something about Lucid Singularity that could help a less healing extensive build?

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

My original idea was quickness on overloading, but that would most likely be extremely broken so nah.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

4 seconds resistance on overloads? Would be kinda troll if you were to reach 100% boon duration.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

Lucid Singularity can have 2s of super speed

The sand squall one is really good if it procs without warhorn? Sounds OP already to have magnetic aura for 5s every 10s… makes no sense to me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Imbued Melodies is good when going for perma protection though. Not too sure if that extra prot uptime makes up for the 700+ hp heal on aura application or not.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Consider that Imbued Melodies isn’t only a Magnetic Aura. It’s also a blast. So, if you are keeping fire fields down, then you are getting lots of might, consistently.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Lucid Singularity is totally underpowered for a GM trait. And the warhorn trait gets doomed by 3 different design failures:

• Warhorn is our worst offhand
  • The cooldown is 30 seconds (or 20 with the earth cooldown trait), not 10 like the trait states
  • The automatic Sand Squall doesn’t even proc if you don’t have Warhorn equipped…

10 second cooldown and proccing while not having a Warhorn would actually make this trait compete with the Aura Healing trait I think.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

Lucid Singularity is totally underpowered for a GM trait. And the warhorn trait gets doomed by 3 different design failures:

• The cooldown is 30 seconds (or 20 with the earth cooldown trait), not 10 like the trait states
  • The automatic Sand Squall doesn’t even proc if you don’t have Warhorn equipped…

10 second cooldown and proccing while not having a Warhorn would actually make this trait compete with the Aura Healing trait I think.

And would be completely cancer and broken with the perma magnetic aura that would follow.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

And would be completely cancer and broken with the perma magnetic aura that would follow.

But that’s how the talent was designed, a magnetic aura on a 30 second cooldown is nowhere near GM worthy. Otherwise, why would there even be the tooltip that lists the cooldown as 10 seconds?

Also, 50% is nowhere near “perma magnetic aura”. Using hyberboles without facts make you look uninformed.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valentinus.3412

Valentinus.3412

But that’s how the talent was designed, a magnetic aura on a 30 second cooldown is nowhere near GM worthy. Otherwise, why would there even be the tooltip that lists the cooldown as 10 seconds?

Also, 50% is nowhere near “perma magnetic aura”. Using hyberboles without facts make you look uninformed.

I’m all for improving the trait (and annoying rangers), but 50% uptime on magnetic aura does seem a bit much.

in Elementalist

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

I’m all for improving the trait (and annoying rangers), but 50% uptime on magnetic aura does seem a bit much.

We can already have a 20 sec straight magnetic aura, or something like that. Aftershock/sand squall/rebound/overload earth. More than enough time to decap and cap a node.

in Elementalist

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

How is that broken? 1st you can never trait it with Healing Auras, Second, no one is braindead enough to keep attacking through magnetic aura, thats why we have melee weapons.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

Oh please… Now I look uninformed. How about rune of radiance?
5 seconds become 6,66667 seconds of reflect. Combined with Sandquall on a 20 to 30 seconds cooldown; another 6.66 seconds. GM probably refeshes after Sandquall activation for another 7 seconds… Then use overload earth for another 7 seconds of magnetic aura. Wait 3 seconds in, dodge roll a little bit, GM procs again; 7 more seconds. Sandquall is already ready now and the Overload Earth is soon to be; but hey GM refreshed already!

50% uptime?…

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Quickness on overload is actually a good idea, since the overload are usually too long to channel and should be around 2 seconds anyway.

Anyway I think they need to start over with most of Tempest, beginning with Rebound and Warhorn, they both are terribly worthless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Aura uptime is actually skilled play. It doesn’t stack duration like boons. Just throwing that out there for anyone that doesn’t realize it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

Some thoughts and ideas for Lucid Singularity (and other traits):

Lucid Singularity

1) Combine with Unstable Conduit (Adept aura on overload trait). This way it does something even if you’re not under movement impairing effects. Downside: Can’t synergize Unstable Conduit with Elemental Bastion anymore.

2) Add Quickness as suggested above.

3) Add an Aura duration buff to it. Auras last 33% Longer. Elemental Bastion doesn’t benefit from longer auras, just repeated applications. This gives another aura build choice synergy. Also cannot be used with Imbued Melodies for even longer Magnetic aura chains, if that’s an issue?

Edit: Just tested Radiance runes with One with Fire and they stack. So 33% on this would give potentially 100% Fire aura duration and 66% for others.

4) Combine with Harmonious Conduit’s damage bonus after overload.

Tempestruous Aria
Does anyone use this skill?

Might and Weakness on shouts vs Regen and Vigor that also work on other Aura abilities just seems so incredibly weak.

This might be a bit of a stretch but… what if Tempestruous Aria also applied to Warhorn ‘Shouts.’ That would give a -lot- of sources of Might and Weakness (though we really don’t need more might, we have tons as it is). It would buff Warhorn at the same time.

Perhaps increasing the duration of Shout effects by 2 seconds (or even doubling them). This would work for all but the Heal. CD reduction would work as well (though I wonder if they were already designed with CD reduction built-in and we’d just have most of them ‘adjusted’ after the fact.)

Speedy Conduit
Change to Sturdy Conduit. Stability on Overload.

Move the Swiftness to Harmonious Conduits (if keep it at all) and then buff the damage boost to 20% or duration to 10s. A 10s duration would theoretically allow you to keep it active 100% of the time by swapping attunements the second your overload finished, though would probably result in lower dps due to using suboptimal skills?

Also it would be much preferred if the buff were given at the time you start an overload as opposed to finishing. This gives the damage to the overload itself and allows you to sacrifice an attunement cd to swap and gain the damage buff (Which is probably why a lot of our Overload traits are only applied after it finishes in the first place).

(edited by Glacial.9516)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

Id love it if Harmonious Conduit was changed to:

Increase the overall potency of abilities without recharge timers by 25% while in an Attunement that is Recharging. Overload recharge reduced to 15 seconds.

Move the stability to a baseline minor.

This would offer the camping builds some increased potency on their auto attacks, increading healing, damage, and condi duration, while remaining in an attunement that is recharging after an overload.

I would then add its old effect to Lucid Singularity to have a clear damage option, but i would have it add 10% damage and condition damage so that it works well as a condi build offense tool as well, and increase the duration to 10 seconds.

(edited by Swiftwynd.1685)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

The 25% base effectiveness increase on your auto attacks while in a recharging attunement would also work amazingly well for scepter condi builds in fire and earth, because it would function like the necro scepter trait. It would increase the base durations by 25% which could then be increased potentially up to 100% condition duration. Flame strike would have a potential of 7.5 second burns applied once every 1.5 seconds, and Stone Shards would apply 3x 15s bleeds every 1.9 seconds.

This would be amazing for condi tank tempest

(edited by Swiftwynd.1685)

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

Don’t ask for auto-attack buffs on a trait… That’s so foolish because it would invalidate the need help the auto-attacks or make it much harder to justify buff because X traits would make them too strong.

If you’re interested in auto-attacks or stuff to do in-between recharges, consider Conjured Weapons.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The problem is the design of tempest. It only lends itself to tanky-sustain crap (except fire-camping builds that throw in fire overload), meaning the best tanky-sustain trait will get chosen.

The spec needs that tankiness/sustain to survive camping an attunement for so long and trying to ever use an overload, due to its base design.

There was so many missed lines of reasoning in design of tempest. Sure, they cludged together something that is usable, but its not all that interesting or fun (especially once novelty wears off). Worst of all is the very weak synergy with other traitlines (for things like powerful aura, which is 100% unnecessary due to elemental bastion already healing aoe and shouts being aoe by default).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I believe lucid singularity may find kittene soon enough thx to all the chill/cripple getting spammed around these days, have to try it and see how it works but in the end the GM trait may end up being not that UP as I thought

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I believe lucid singularity may find kittene soon enough thx to all the chill/cripple getting spammed around these days, have to try it and see how it works but in the end the GM trait may end up being not that UP as I thought

Without elemental bastion, tempest does exactly nothing. Tempest itself really only has a place over another ele build for supporting via constant aura heals (which relies on elemental bastion). It doesn’t provide any other support besides that trait, honestly. Overloads are selfish (mostly), even fire b/c the aoe is so small and might so short for all the wind-up.

Lucid singularity is a selfish trait on a support spec. It also defense not when you need it, but 5s from when you need it (i.e. not on-demand). It doesn’t even make overloads any easier to get off, as stability is more important. The warhorn trait is bogged down by warhorn being complete garbage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

What if Lucid Singularity applied Alacrity? It’s something that would greatly benefit the entire class of Ele.

(edited by Ryld.1340)

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Anyway I think they need to start over with most of Tempest, beginning with Rebound and Warhorn, they both are terribly worthless.

What? I was on the contrary afraid they would Nerf them!
Maybe they are too niche specific, but game kinda suggest you to change builds accordingly and not keep a single build all the time. For example when I play auramancer support on PvE I like staff for area heals, but on WvW warhorn all the way! just the squall alone is enough reason as everything that provides magnetic Aura…there’s also pulls, the air damage, massive aoe size with the fire field that can be placed on doors, etc….
As of rebound IMHO is a great skill, maybe too role specific, but on WvW its great on escape situations and quite useful in HoT PvE … axemasters, snipers, spores, you name it

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!