Elemental Storm skill Q.

Elemental Storm skill Q.

in Elementalist

Posted by: WolfiKurisu.6894

WolfiKurisu.6894

So, I just started playing with an Elementalist, and I had enough trouble wrapping my head around the way Burn differs from Bleeding when stacking.

I’ve noticed something which I don’t quite understand, it’s probably me being stupid, but could someone help?

The way the Firestorm’s description reads confuses me. What does it mean by “Number of targets”? Is that the maximum amount of people that the Storm can aim at, and therefore damage? If so, are the targets selected every second, or upon casting of the Storm?

If anyone’s feeling typy, can someone give me a long winded explanation of the Storm abilities? I understand Lightning, and Water; respectively, one hits randomly 32 times, and the other hits 18 times, though with the added benefit of Chilling the opponent.

Attachments:

Elemental Storm skill Q.

in Elementalist

WolfiKurisu.6894

As you can see, the Lightning Storm instead displays the number of impacts it will perform as opposed to the targets it can hit.

Does anyone also know how often the FireStorm will hit a target? Every second, I presume?

Sorry for the Q’s.

Attachments:

Elemental Storm skill Q.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

I’m not quite sure but I do believe Fire storm is like Meteor Storm in that each individual fireball will hit up to 5 targets. As long as they stay within the glyph’s aoe zone.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

Elemental Storm skill Q.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dukevonart.2691

dukevonart.2691

The Firestorm pulses, hitting everything in the area, unlike Meteor Shower. There is a cap of 5 targets hit by each pulse of damage from the Firestorm. The visual is perhaps not very descriptive of how it actually works.

(edited by dukevonart.2691)

Elemental Storm skill Q.

in Elementalist

WolfiKurisu.6894

The Firestorm pulses, hitting everything in the area, unlike Meteor Shower. There is a cap of 5 targets hit by each pulse of damage from the Firestorm. The visual is perhaps not very descriptive of how it actually works.

Ah! I see. Do you know how many times/how fast the Storm pulses?
Thanks a lot =)

Edit.

From what I’ve seen, after using it for a while, it hits 11 times, one for each second, and one on activation.
If anyone knows, I’d still like to know how the targets are chosen, and when.

(edited by WolfiKurisu.6894)