Elemental bands/bracelets out of combat?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Castingbar.3568

Castingbar.3568

After the latest patch it seems like the elemental bands or bracelets that show what attunement you’re currently in now appear even when out of combat (or having sheathed weapons).

Is this a permanent change? I couldn’t find anything in the patchnotes about it. Though it’s a minor cosmetic change, I’d prefer not having them show while having sheathed weapons.

Any other opinions?

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

This has always been present, just that they’re usually quite small and most people don’t pay attention.

in Elementalist

Castingbar.3568

This has always been present, just that they’re usually quite small and most people don’t pay attention.

Looking through my previous screenshots I can’t seem to find any out of combat pictures with the “elemental bracelets”. Odd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aethelbert.1497

Aethelbert.1497

I don’t like that change at all.

And I really hope it’s unintended.

in Elementalist

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

They definitely changed it. The bracelets always vanished, if you stowed your weapons.
This changed makes me rage. I already disliked the arm effects on Revenants and always wished, they would change it, so the effects would disappear, if the weapons are stowed. Now, they did it the other way round. If I would love my character to bling bling, I would build legandary weapons and armours.
Please, change it back. And while you are at it, change Revenants, too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aethelbert.1497

Aethelbert.1497

They definitely changed it. The bracelets always vanished, if you stowed your weapons.
This changed makes me rage. I already disliked the arm effects on Revenants and always wished, they would change it, so the effects would disappear, if the weapons are stowed. Now, they did it the other way round. If I would love my character to bling bling, I would build legandary weapons and armours.
Please, change it back. And while you are at it, change Revenants, too.

True. That’s really sad. Both elemental bonds and revenant ‘hand auras’ are annoying as hell, especially on smaller characters.

I now doubt more and more if buying an expac would be a good idea.

(edited by Aethelbert.1497)

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I like it

Message Body length must at least be 15..

in Elementalist

Castingbar.3568

I like it.

Why? What does it give you to have them show while out of combat?

I especially dislike having the water and fire ones showing while OOC since they’re so flashy (compared to air/earth). They could also use some work IMO.

in Elementalist

Posted by: midway.9640

midway.9640

Anet please change this. I dont like to see this effect permanent.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baron Von Graymouse.7801

Baron Von Graymouse.7801

I love it, I think this might have to do with the Weaver coming into play with PoF. Perhaps a middle ground can be found. Have a toggle switch where you can turn it on or off pending on your preference.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

Question… if you’re a Weaver, do you get bracelets of both elements you’re in? Like fire on one wrist and earth on the other?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

It reminds me of launch week and beta… the last time the elemental bands were permanently visible.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Aw, I like it though. Maybe they could add an option to hide them?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mogsterfortytwo.6712

Mogsterfortytwo.6712

Question… if you’re a Weaver, do you get bracelets of both elements you’re in? Like fire on one wrist and earth on the other?

I hadn’t thought about that, but the weaver art does and I understand we’ll get gloves/gauntlets as an armour skin so…..maybe?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rugami.8964

Rugami.8964

I love it, I think this might have to do with the Weaver coming into play with PoF. Perhaps a middle ground can be found. Have a toggle switch where you can turn it on or off pending on your preference.

I like it a lot too. I’ve always loved Fire/Water attunement bracelets so I don’t mind this change at all. I hope they add a toggle for other users, though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I like it.

Why? What does it give you to have them show while out of combat?

I especially dislike having the water and fire ones showing while OOC since they’re so flashy (compared to air/earth). They could also use some work IMO.

I don’t think they are too flashy (specially compared to all the auras and effects we have now).

I have a sylvari ele and wear minimalist armor to have the natural glow of the character pass the feel that the character itself contains magic power, not his armor and weapons. Keeping the elemental bracelets out of combat enhances this perspective without being overkill like a fractal backpack or wintersday shoulders…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Songarg.3657

Songarg.3657

I’d enjoy a toggle so users can enjoy the auras the way they like it. On, off, off when weapons stowed, etc.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

I also dont like them.

I dont mind them in combat , but out of combat I would prefer no effects at all.

Hope it is a bug.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Catastro.8410

Catastro.8410

I like them and hope they keep them and just add it to the list of things that can be culled from sight. That way people who enjoy them can keep the effects and the others can turn it off.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

I’d rather them not show out of combat either. However, having the option to show vs. hide is ideal. Everyone can be happy that way. (Same goes for Rev glow, and if possible Guardian aegis).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Hope it stays this way. Absolutely love it!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Elementalist

Posted by: midway.9640

midway.9640

I hate it. pls fix this. Its horribly for RP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I hate it. pls fix this. Its horribly for RP

I love it. Why not just make the most of it and RP with it?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Elementalist

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

its fixed I think. Can you confirm?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I wish we had a halo above our head. That would fit my skin so well.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock