Elementalist Base HP

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cruserd.9230

Cruserd.9230

Hello Guys

I think Anet should increase the base hp of elementalist, Its too low. At least on spvp because with glass cannon we have no armor and we should have any hp sustain and when we try to be bunkers on spvp we canĀ“t even reach 14k of HP with good amulets for bunkers , we cant use Knight or soldiers amulet for bunker, that makes no sense.

Our max toughness is 2.1k I think. but we cant have 2.1k or 2k with 13k hp .

Btw Please Anet dont nerf elementalist, People are just annoying with ele at temple of the silent storm because we’ve got the highest mobility , yes and thief. We are very balanced in dmg or whatever they want to nerf.

Thanks.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: BioMasterZap.4350

BioMasterZap.4350

Personally, I think the Health should stay as it is. But overall, our defensive ability in most build is weak. I’d rather see more useful traits and improvement to skills, defensive or offensive, than just upping our Health to 13K like a Mesmer. I mean, there will always be a “weakest” profession Health and Armor wise. And personally, I have no problem with it being Ele. However, I do think that in PvP, Ele could use some improvements (which should also affect PvE of course).

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

It doesn’t matter how low it is when you cal refill it in 3 seconds every 15 seconds :-P

I’m happy with things staying the way they are, but if they truly are nerfing bunker eles I sure hope they give us a viable dps route.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

It doesn’t matter how low it is when you cal refill it in 3 seconds every 15 seconds :-P

I’m happy with things staying the way they are, but if they truly are nerfing bunker eles I sure hope they give us a viable dps route.

Bunker guardians refill their health in about 1.5 seconds and I don’t see anyone screaming for their nerf. Just because an influx of ele’s have played doesn’t mean that it’s suddenly op. It’s disappointing how people scream op at the first sight of something they can’t easily kill. When thief became prominent people yelled for their nerf, same for rangers in beta. now thief is only useful in wvw apart from some niche utility roles in pve. Rangers are still ok though.

I can see ele going down the drain(well it has already, we have..what 1 viable build?) because it has only been nerfed to date and I believe it’s one of the hardest classes to master and I do not believe that any random guy who can’t should call for a nerf and have anet deliver.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Cruserd.9230

Personally, I think the Health should stay as it is. But overall, our defensive ability in most build is weak. I’d rather see more useful traits and improvement to skills, defensive or offensive, than just upping our Health to 13K like a Mesmer. I mean, there will always be a “weakest” profession Health and Armor wise. And personally, I have no problem with it being Ele. However, I do think that in PvP, Ele could use some improvements (which should also affect PvE of course).

mesmer has a weak hp base? with my mesmer im glass cannon and I has 21khp with berseker :P if i build him bunker holy *

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

I agree! It seriously needs to go up. The reason behind Eles being so squishy was that we’d do high damage…it unfortunetly isn’t that high and not viable to go deep into fire+air.
Guardians have low HP because of their defensive capeabilities…and we all know HOW defensive they can be even as DPS build.
Sure going defensive is fine with me as an Ele but I just want to go a little bit further and deal more damage and neglecting some of my defensive. As it stands we’re currently unable to do so.
Upping our damage in general would be a bad thing.Upping our survivability or change the whole attunement rechange thing..both could be viable decisions to improve our build diversity. It is not only a matter of improving the HP but rather improve the class overall which lacks some aspects other classes have.
Fortunetly we’re no Engineers..they have bigger problems (still Ele isn’t all fine the way it is).

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

I don’t know … When you’re in SPvP, Orr and Arah ….2k Hp won’t change anything -.-"

If you get hit it doesn’t matter if you have 11 k or 13 k Hp ….you’re Dead …

Neither is 21→23 much different

But also …

• F2 Heal
  • Water weapon = 2 heals
  • Heal 15-20 sec cd…
  • 3 Escape Cantrips …
  • Perma Vigor…
  • 16 Sec Protection …
  • Perma Regen …
  • Protective Shield
  • 4-5 Stun Breakers …
  • Passive Stun Breaker (Earths Embrace)
  • Passive Shield ( Final Shielding)
  • Passive Stuns ( Air XI )
  • Elements AoE Heal/Protection (Water/Earth Elemental)

Just to name a few

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Only 2 cantrips can be used for escaping, and it’s not practical to do so.

Perma vigor? what do you spam all your cantrips at once?

Nobody uses Protetive Shield anymore.

Final Shielding is bugged and pops half the time, if you get bursted too quickly it most likely won’t work (and i’m not talking about getting 2 shot here).

You don’t get enough trait points to get the luxury of having an extra shocking aura.

Hehe, Water Elemental is fun to use while holding points, that is if his heal doesn’t get canceled by the cc galore flying around. Most of the time I’d rather use Fire Ele to make up for the dps I lack.

Bottom line, my only complaint is the Final Shielding bug.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Muppet.6485

Muppet.6485

Final Shielding is bugged and pops half the time, if you get bursted too quickly it most likely won’t work (and i’m not talking about getting 2 shot here).

You don’t get enough trait points to get the luxury of having an extra shocking aura.

Hehe, Water Elemental is fun to use while holding points, that is if his heal doesn’t get canceled by the cc galore flying around. Most of the time I’d rather use Fire Ele to make up for the dps I lack.

Well, most people use Arcana trait VI

I suggest learning the class before posting in their forum. Thanks.

Muppet~
[Ark]

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sacrypheyes.6043

Sacrypheyes.6043

most people feel forced to use it because perma vigor (if can land enough crits that is) is one of the few reliable ways left for eles to improve their defense and compensate their innate squishyness.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Muppet.6485

Muppet.6485

most people feel forced to use it because perma vigor (if can land enough crits that is) is one of the few reliable ways left for eles to improve their defense and compensate their innate squishyness.

No, most people use it because it’s one of the best Arcana traits we have and it synergizes beautifully with EA. Anyone running Arcane skills will be glass – because they’ll be expected to be able to put out a certain amount of daamge – anyways or have enough defense elsewhere to compensate so they can trait into the Arcane skill oriented choices. Plus with the amount of Fury uptime we have, it’s next to impossible to lose Vigor from your buff bar unless you’re out of combat, have had it ripped, or just straight aren’t hitting anything. In response to the squishy-ness, yes, Eles have low base stats. However, were they any higher, we’d be straight OP with the amount of survivability we gain later (and some already argue what we’re given is too much). Even without the Vigor trait.

Muppet~
[Ark]

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Cruserd.9230

BUMP! we cant build toughness cause we will get 12k HP! NOOOO

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: urinfamousr.7631

urinfamousr.7631

mesmer has a weak hp base? with my mesmer im glass cannon and I has 21khp with berseker :P if i build him bunker holy *

bunker mesmer also has no hp about 17k even if u build for full hp its 26k hp with no atk pwr or defense so idk wut build ur running as bunker..

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

urinfamousr.7631

on my d/d ele with 33% crit yes u have perma vigor up come on if u play d/d ele u should know that lol who u foolin

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

urinfamousr.7631

almost 2600 toughness and 20k hp with close to 3k atk pwr perhaps ur building wrong

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Cruserd.9230

almost 2600 toughness and 20k hp with close to 3k atk pwr perhaps ur building wrong

You’re god, tell me ur build then please.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

To me, increasing base health while at the same time lowering the effectiveness of healing power seems like a good way to adress bunker builds without nerfing glass cannons. In fact, glass cannons would get a small boost, which is what they need currently to become truly playable.

Other than that, a fire trait that grants Vigor somehow would seem like a good idea to buff glass cannons.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

To me, increasing base health while at the same time lowering the effectiveness of healing power seems like a good way to adress bunker builds without nerfing glass cannons. In fact, glass cannons would get a small boost, which is what they need currently to become truly playable.

Other than that, a fire trait that grants Vigor somehow would seem like a good idea to buff glass cannons.

I would disagree. Healing power and base health, or vitality are not the same thing. To a player who is swaping the two stats between themselves on the same character, they may seem to have a similar effect, but many builds out there are weighted to one or the other.

Healing power is more akin to toughness. It can provide alot of healing over time and offsets damage over time in much the same way as toughness mitagates damage over time.

High vitality on the other hand for a light armor class does not last long, just long enough actually to absorb a few large hits giving the caster enough time to escape. High vitality abosorbs high burst damage.

The contrast might be easier to see if you try to take a piece of gear with either healing power or vitality and substitute one for the other and see the results.

Taking away my Eles healing power also takes away one aspect of his supporting role.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

…….

Getting good vigor takes effort. There are builds and gear that, with work, grant alot of vigor and take advantage of it. I am sure players who don’t have it, want it, lol. Glass Cannon and any other build can get all the vigor they need with Arcane VI Renewing Stamina and a high crit rate. Giving that away or free to any build? I don’t get the reasoning other than a huge buff to the profession and destroying the builds who have sacrificed to get it.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wittle.5473

Wittle.5473

Glass cannon mesmers don’t have Vitality on any of their gear. They should have between 15k-16k hp. Saying you have 21k hp in berserker means you’re not full glass cannon.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Glass cannon mesmers don’t have Vitality on any of their gear. They should have between 15k-16k hp. Saying you have 21k hp in berserker means you’re not full glass cannon.

15k?

full glass is berserker. berserkers breaking 15k? prepostrous.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

the issue with the current HP system is it overvalues vitality for some classes (elementalists, thiefs and guardians) and undervalues it for others (warrior, necromancer)

this creates a stat equity issue, a power/precision gear setup on one class may not work on another, the solution to the issue is to bring the base hp of the low hp classes and the base HP of the high hp classes closer to the base hp of the mid hp classes

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

ele’s base HP is one thing they will better have to buff after they destroy the class.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Elementalist Base HP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Citrus Finale.8621

Citrus Finale.8621

Well my main was a guardian and the last coulpe of weeks i rolled and ele.
Both classes get a low hp base and got my guardian and ele around 15-16k HP (more then enough).

My ele got 2.4k armor and a crit dmg of 60% (crit chance with fury is around 50%). So im not that squishy but i can hit hard (allready seen crits of 7-8k).