Elementalist Elites Predictions

in Elementalist

Posted by: VocalThought.9835

VocalThought.9835

Hey guys. I know everyone has seen tons of threads about future elite predictions. I have been trying to come up with a full description of an elite spec with mechanics traits, and skill descriptions, but I’m just not that creative right now. I can say I have thought out Elites for each profession for each expected expansion. So what I came up with was Concepts, weapons, and ideal skills. Maybe we can help the devs. come up with ideal elite spec. so it’s a win/win for us all.

Here are some of ideas:

1) Battle Mage- Uses Great Sword and has different Stances to aid in close combat. Prof. Mech.: “Synergy” combines the attunements. Therefore you can have skills 1-3 be one element and skills 4 & 5 be another for a time.

2) Arcane Archer- Uses Long Bow and Mantras. Prof. Mech.: Arcane Attunement

3) Warlock- Uses Off-hand Scepter and Minions. Prof. Mech.: Take the Physical Form of the elemental creature.

4) Warden- Uses Shield and Wells. Prof. Mech.: create a Rune for each element, which offers buffs to allies and conditions to foes in the area.

(edited by VocalThought.9835)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

1) I’m sorry but no, just no. First the GS, it seem we already got this one as summoned weapon and it will probably give us nothing new to have another one. Then the mechanism… Well… How do you even chose the 2nd attunment? At the end, this will only make people confused with their own profession, a very bad choice.

2) Bow : same as above. Arcane attunment : a fifth attunment is probably the most unlikely thing that we can expect from Anet. To much work involved for this kind of thing.

3) Seem simple and easy. I think this one have chance to come out. Playerbase will hate it but out of the 4 this is the elite spec that have the most chance to make it to live.

4) Shield : look at 1 and 2. Profession mechanism look a lot like tempest’s except that you create a rune instead of a whirl… Not sure that it would be worth to support.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

From leak (it was accurate in past) we know that ele will have sword or gs

Predictions you want? New spec will be bad designed (without any regards to pvp) and will be nerfed all the time.

Sorry but can’t be very hyped after tempest…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

VocalThought.9835

1) I’m sorry but no, just no. First the GS, it seem we already got this one as summoned weapon and it will probably give us nothing new to have another one. Then the mechanism… Well… How do you even chose the 2nd attunment? At the end, this will only make people confused with their own profession, a very bad choice.

2) Bow : same as above. Arcane attunment : a fifth attunment is probably the most unlikely thing that we can expect from Anet. To much work involved for this kind of thing.

3) Seem simple and easy. I think this one have chance to come out. Playerbase will hate it but out of the 4 this is the elite spec that have the most chance to make it to live.

4) Shield : look at 1 and 2. Profession mechanism look a lot like tempest’s except that you create a rune instead of a whirl… Not sure that it would be worth to support.

Well for the 1st idea, you could press F5 to toggle, then press the F1-4. if that too much work, then we could make Eles have a burst like Warriors, where with each main hand weapon they have an attack based on the element they use. I don’t see anything wrong with eles having the same conjure weapons, if they do something different. Plus Conjure weapons are also for allies to use as well as the player. Weapons are not.

2nd- Other than this taking work, I don’t see the issue. All things take work.

The 4th idea, I think they could have a creative way of making this different than Tempest.

Btw… these ideas are not meant to all be for the next expansion, but better yet, expansions. I think they’ll have an expansion for each dragon, or at least 2 more expansions.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Btw… these ideas are not meant to all be for the next expansion, but better yet, expansions. I think they’ll have an expansion for each dragon, or at least 2 more expansions.

Have you been playing recently? I think we might have 2 dead dragons by the end of this Living World Season. Not saying that limits the number of future expansions in any way, just saying.

Personally I think #1 is likely but not with GS(greatswords suck anyway) but sword instead. No idea on the new mechanics though.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Elementalist

VocalThought.9835

Have you been playing recently? I think we might have 2 dead dragons by the end of this Living World Season. Not saying that limits the number of future expansions in any way, just saying.

Personally I think #1 is likely but not with GS(greatswords suck anyway) but sword instead. No idea on the new mechanics though.

IDK…. I just can’t see a “Battle Mage” w/o a Great Sword.

I think these weapons are the better weapons to go with the lore. I could be wrong, but I’m just not to interested in seeing a Ele with a pistol or rifle nor am I interested in seeing a Warrior with a Scepter.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

2nd- Other than this taking work, I don’t see the issue. All things take work.

When I see how much work they have to do on ranger’s pet, how they say that they will work on it and that what they’ve done was just the beginning but 3 month later they end up with a balance patch that bring very few change to all professions… Honestly I just can’t imagine them bringing a 5th attunment on the elementalist on an elite spec.

It would require them to work on all existing weapon and all glyph as well as new weapon and new utilities. Nope there is just no way that they would do that, way to much work for them.

Well for the 1st idea, you could press F5 to toggle, then press the F1-4. if that too much work, then we could make Eles have a burst like Warriors, where with each main hand weapon they have an attack based on the element they use. I don’t see anything wrong with eles having the same conjure weapons, if they do something different. Plus Conjure weapons are also for allies to use as well as the player. Weapons are not.

The most important thing is that it would confuse the playerbase and, honestly, it wouldn’t really bring anything on the plate. As for the weapon, yeah I understand that those weapon are cool and everything but the elementalist is certainly one of the profession with the most weapon possibilities for elite spec. Reusing weapon that they already own (even if it’s conjure) feel like a waste more than anything. Mace, sword and torch are probably the most suited weapon for futur elite spec (yes it would reduce their workload since they are all one handed weapon) and If we had to see some ranged weapon coming, riffle and pistol would probably fit the most with the game as a whole (I don’t expect riffle though… to much work again).

As for giving ele a burst like warrior, Yes, I think it’s possible and even easy for them to introduce it. Giving the ele a magic bar that fill itself while doing damage and a generic bursty spell on F5 that can be imbued with the current attunment is certainly the easiest thing they could do on the elementalist.

However, another tempest’s like spec will disappoint most of the community.

I think these weapons are the better weapons to go with the lore.

The “lore”?

What do you expect, in guild wars 2 the world is evolving toward technology, well I should say “technomagy”. The elementalist can’t let himself being overrun by other profession just because it’s not the traditionnal way to do thing.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Elementalist

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I think these weapons are the better weapons to go with the lore.

The “lore”?

What do you expect, in guild wars 2 the world is evolving toward technology, well I should say “technomagy”. The elementalist can’t let himself being overrun by other profession just because it’s not the traditionnal way to do thing.

There’s precedent in the lore for it, too. Some of those asura thaumaturgical ray-gun thingies were designed by Zojja, and she’s an elementalist.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ColdHatred.7230

ColdHatred.7230

Shield OH or Rifle

Asuran Engineer – Ëlixir

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Predictions you want? New spec will be bad designed (without any regards to pvp) and will be nerfed all the time.

It’s not the elite specs, it’s the base spec that is flawed in ways no elite spec can fix. They can add whatever they want, it will make no difference, we will have no build diversity until we have a reasonable baseline of defense that doesn’t require maximum uptime attunement swapping and/or an entire skillbar full of defense abilities.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I’d really dig something that worked sort of like s/d thief in regards to being evasive and high risk high reward

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

The new profession mechanic should be some “counter balance” idea to the Tempest. Tempest rewards you for staying in an attunement with a powerful overload skill.
The new mechanic should reward you for switching attunments fast. The new utility skills should complement that by slowing down the rate you have to click them (e.g. Mantras that get renewed by switching attuments – an “echo” mechanic we had on the GW1 Paragon).

Maces are quite underused weapons and could be held in both the main or off hand.
In terms of range, I would like to see another true long range weapon (mostly 900 / 1200) to fill the gap between Scepter & Staff.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

It’s not the elite specs, it’s the base spec that is flawed in ways no elite spec can fix. They can add whatever they want, it will make no difference, we will have no build diversity until we have a reasonable baseline of defense that doesn’t require maximum uptime attunement swapping and/or an entire skillbar full of defense abilities.

This. All core professions need a revamp, specially regarding their mechanics and base stats.

In the case of the elementalist, I think sacrificing some of the diversity we have across attunements in exchange of weapon swap would be the best solution. Maybe even remove conjures, and replace them by weapons proficiencies. Developing new weapons with x4 the skills is a nightmare in the long term, and personally, I prefer sacrifices in variety to eternal off-hand weapon elite specs.

How could this work:

• Unify weapon skill mechanics across attunements. For example, staff 5 should be a channeled AoE. Fire and water are ok, earth and air need changes. Apply this model to every weapon, making them less unique, but easier to grow forward.
  • Add weapon swap to compensate for the loss of variety.
  • Remove conjures, and unlock greatsword, shield, and shortbow as weapons for more variety. Axe and hammer are gone, because they don’t have any unique skills. If this isn’t enough, add swords as well (they fit core better than elite specs anyway).
  • Conjures replaced by elemental minions, who are now moved outside of glyphs, letting you summon multiple of them at the same time, and not just two. Glyphs updated with new functions.

This would simplify the elementalist enough to let developers try more complex ideas in the future, and add two-handed weapons without x4 the work.

Unifying weapon skills opens the way for cool combos as well. You’re channeling some healing rain, and then switch to air, so you get more channel time and now the rain has some storm effects as well. Sequence skills could remember the step in the sequence when switching too.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

(edited by Lonami.2987)