Elementalist Fire Armor

Elementalist Fire Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lipin.7529

Lipin.7529

Q:

Dear elementalists,

Googled but couldn’t find information for the function of ‘fire armor’.

I’m currently specced 20 in fire for fire armor/shield (can’t recall the name, am away from game right now.) that procs when a signet is activated.

30 in water so that the fire armor is activated on all my team members in dungeons.

I’m just wondering if anyone knows the effect of this fire armor? Thank you so much.

Elementalist Fire Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Giamonti.4186

Giamonti.4186

A:

Just a shield that gives a dot, no extra defense

Elementalist Fire Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Giamonti.4186

Giamonti.4186

If someone hits you, they get the burning effect inflicted on them.

Elementalist Fire Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lipin.7529

Lipin.7529

does it provide any form of defense? It is just a DoT?

Elementalist Fire Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tyrel.2043

Tyrel.2043

No it does not give you any defense, however there is a trait somewhere which gives you protection when you apply an aura.

My question is however, that does it only burn targets attacking you in melee, or it burns from afar as well? E.g.: If a ranger shoots at me while I have my Fire Shield up, will he start burning?

Btw whenever you are in a team, burning is the most useless condition, everyone has it and it stacks in duration…

Elementalist Fire Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eraven.5834

Eraven.5834

Same for auras, what Aura’s does an elementalist have. What is classified as an ‘aura’?

Elementalist Fire Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

Most likely, it is like the shock aura which currently only effects hits by melee.

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

Elementalist Fire Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pneumothorax.2964

Pneumothorax.2964

Same for auras, what Aura’s does an elementalist have. What is classified as an ‘aura’?

There are 4 – Only the Fire one is called “Shield” for some reason

Fire Shield – Focus
Magnetic Aura – Staff
Frost Aura – OH Dagger
Shocking Aura – MH Dagger

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aura

Elementalist Fire Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trump.9803

Trump.9803

If you’re after Protection via these Aura’s, you’ll want 10 Earth for “Elemental Shielding”. But at most you can only access 2 auras at any one time as they are split across different weapons.

So that’s when you add in 20 Fire for “Fire’s Embrace”, and now any Signet will activate a Fire Shield Aura. This mean you can potentially pop Protection up to 4 more times if you slot all your utility skills with Signets.

Finally, 10 Air for “Zephyrs Boon” and now your Auras will give you Fury and Swiftness.

Thus any time you activate a Signet or an Aura, you gain Protection, Fury, Swiftness.

This is the basic foundation of a so called “Signet Build”. Of course, if you are slotting so many Signets, it then often makes sense to go 30 Earth for “Written in Stone” and “Signet Mastery”. So that’s 20 Fire, 10 Air, 30 Earth, leaving a miserly 10 extra to spend on something else.

(edited by Trump.9803)