Elementalist HP is too low

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Having the lowest HP among professions ( along the lowest armor) and the far too high burst are the reason why eles are “forced” in running a build whose survivability its’ the main focus.

By having a 10k base HP and with professions able to easily burst you down for the same amount within 3s, Anet has basically condamned this profession in running survival builds for the time being for as long as the burst of some professions does not get reduced by a lot.

Even though I never had more than 200 healing power in any of my builds, there are ele builds out there which bring the concept of “survival” to the extreme, by using gear which effectively change the ele into a self-healing cleric archetype, this is the opposite extreme in this game at the moment, where from one side you’ve got professions able to deal 12k dmg+ consistently by pressing 2-3 buttons max, you’ve then got “unkillable” builds from the other side which are a direct consequence of the absurd burst.

For Anet, I presume is much easier to address the burst problem over the more complicated bunker problem, in the first case you can simply play around with numbers to reach a level with more reasonable damage but in the second case you can’t simply lower the efficacy of mitigating skills while forgetting why they were there in the first place.
By reducing the need of having these “mitigating” skills, Anet would have a much easier way to balance bunkers, it is possible to reduce this need by increasing the HP of guardians and ele by 5k.

A 5k HP increase, less return from mitigating skills and more sustained dmg would benefit the ele greately, but for now survival based builds are necessary for the ele to remain competitive, all this could have been avoided if Anet would have kept the same system seen in GW1 where the HP difference between profession was less than 10% ..not over 40% as here in GW2 where a warrior here got a 18k base HP and ele with only 10k base HP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FWB.1704

FWB.1704

Agreed, Anet may have said that the ele was working as intended, but they seriously need to rethink this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

it’s called balance.

with my build, i have 20k+hp, just one cantrip in my utility (okay sometimes two), and decent amount of toughness, heals for a crapload, and stacks 18-25 might in one rotation to deal some serious damage. i’m no pro, but with this setup, it makes me feel like one. an ele’s hp is the least of your worries my friend.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

it’s called balance.

with my build, i have 20k+hp, just one cantrip in my utility (okay sometimes two), and decent amount of toughness, heals for a crapload, and stacks 18-25 might in one rotation to deal some serious damage. i’m no pro, but with this setup, it makes me feel like one. an ele’s hp is the least of your worries my friend.

The obtainable HP got nothing to do with what I’m saying, you’re using an amulet to increase your otherwise non-existent survivability, given the fact that not all amulets got vitality, as an ele you’re automatically excluded from using other amulets.

Now because of strong healing skills you can still equip these amulets and balance the whole lot with your skills, indeed the healing is there to offset the lowest HP among all professions

Anet know this on the contrary of many other people who( conveniently) ignore this simple truth, therefore if healing skills are to be lowered, an adequate increase in base HP would be necessary

in Elementalist

Posted by: Odeken.8421

Odeken.8421

Adapt and overcome, or play a different class. I have no issues with the ele’s HP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

it’s called balance.

And that’s the only build eles can take, which you seemed to miss the point on.

Points on Arcana and Water are NOT optional in pvp. Boon duration boosting runes are NOT optional in pvp.

You can’t build a full berserker ele in pvp without being heavy on cantrips. And guess what? Every ele and his mother is running cantrips because they are NOT optional utilities as a result of crappy baseline survivability.

Try running a full glyphs berserker ele and see where that gets you. Try running conjures. Try running 30/fire/30 air or anything with lower than 10 points in arcana and water.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

Yep my thoughts exactly. The lowest base hp and armor, and lack of damage mitigation aside from defensive stats and boons is a huge barrier preventing eles from going a route such as glass cannon or another highly offensive build. Not saying you can’t play a glass cannon and do well, but if you’re not behind a wall of teammates at 1200 range on a staff, you’re going to go down faster than any other glass cannon and will generally do less damage.

Adapt and overcome, or play a different class. I have no issues with the ele’s HP.

We’ve already adapted; a lot of us here have played ele since bwe/launch and suffered through the ele free kill phase in any form of pvp. Guess what’s the result? 0/10/0/30/30 with lots of pvt, and some healing power. Some variations may exclude vit and get a bit of precision and crit damage but this is basically what resulted. Exactly the problem being stated here.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Stacking that much might in PvP? I doubt it :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

PvE I feel we’re ok (just ok), but wvwvw:

I’d be ok with the low HP, and low survivability If our base damage compensated. But having only 1 effective build/weapon combo, and even then you have to exert much more effort as some other classes to reach par…

and I choose ele because I like range, and like kiting, I don’t want to run dagger/dagger, but If I want to last more than 2seconds outside of zerg, …sigh yeah same build as everyone else and play like a thief (and work 3 times as hard for the same affect at that).

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

By reducing the need of having these “mitigating” skills, Anet would have a much easier way to balance bunkers, it is possible to reduce this need by increasing the HP of guardians and ele by 5k.

Before any of the whiny crowd that support those nerf threads come in here and claims this topic is intended to make bunker elementalists and guardians even more unkillable, read and think about this quote very carefully, especially the underlined part. The amount might not necessarily be 5k, but this value can also be tweaked.

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Adding 1-2k might be a good idea. There is 3290 hp gap between war/necro and ranger/mesmer/eng and 4277 between medium tier and the lowest. Maybe that would stop 99.9% people from build bunkers all day.

in Elementalist

Gallrvaghn.4921

it’s called balance.

Points on Arcana and Water are NOT optional in pvp. Boon duration boosting runes are NOT optional in pvp.

You can’t build a full berserker ele in pvp without being heavy on cantrips. And guess what? Every ele and his mother is running cantrips because they are NOT optional utilities as a result of crappy baseline survivability.

Try running a full glyphs berserker ele and see where that gets you. Try running conjures. Try running 30/fire/30 air or anything with lower than 10 points in arcana and water.

Regarding your argument, i can say that people choose not to go full Fire/Air spec is because the risk/reward is a joke. What i meant to say is increasing ele’s hp pool will still not make Fire and Air trees viable since the traits are just very underwhelming compared to the Water and Arcana traitlines. This is not the solution we are looking for, IMHO. I think it will only worsen the problem on bunker builds for eles. I believe same goes for other utilities in a way. I don’t use glyphs, signets, and conjures not because I have low hp hence I must always bring the “oh crap” utilities but because these other utilities are just not that worth it at the moment. Maybe if some traits in Air and Fire, heck even Earth, like those in line with certain utilities in that aspect were to be imrpoved, only then will we see some other viable or unique builds. Ones in which I can sacrifice my already crappy survivability, i.e. not slotting three cantrips, and choose to fill those slots with utilities which are actually useful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

If they added a 2nd or 3rd tier trait to fire that works like Soothing Winds, which then grants 10% of power to vitality, it would rock and make offensive builds less squishy. While at it, Soothing Winds should be made a 2nd or 3rd tier trait and have 10% of precision be healing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

it’s called balance.

Regarding your argument, i can say that people choose not to go full Fire/Air spec is because the risk/reward is a joke. What i meant to say is increasing ele’s hp pool will still not make Fire and Air trees viable since the traits are just very underwhelming compared to the Water and Arcana traitlines. This is not the solution we are looking for, IMHO. I think it will only worsen the problem on bunker builds for eles. I believe same goes for other utilities in a way. I don’t use glyphs, signets, and conjures not because I have low hp hence I must always bring the “oh crap” utilities but because these other utilities are just not that worth it at the moment. Maybe if some traits in Air and Fire, heck even Earth, like those in line with certain utilities in that aspect were to be imrpoved, only then will we see some other viable or unique builds. Ones in which I can sacrifice my already crappy survivability, i.e. not slotting three cantrips, and choose to fill those slots with utilities which are actually useful.

No, you bring that cantrip and trait into water/arcana because otherwise a cloak&dagger+steal will 2-shot you at 13-14k hp, as will a mesmer shatter or a frenzy 100b.

Guess what? All our shorter cd stunbreakers are cantrips, with armor of earth having a monstrous cooldown compared to, say, my mesmer’s 32 sec stunbreaker cd.

Even if you could increase ele damage by 100% people would still not run the builds because mesmers and thieves and warriors can burst you before you can burst them, anytime. Immunities via Frenzy/Distortion/instant MI shatters, stealth and teleports, stuns and immobilize with haste. You would die before you could even go into an Updraft>Burning Speed>Firegrab combo.

They have means to mitigate your burst on their core weapon utilities and avoidance mechanics/base hp, whereas outside mist form you do not.

It’s the same reason burst rangers and necros are garbage (besides the horrible damage they do) — they cannot land burst in safety or heavily control the target to assure the delivery of burst while avoiding any burst themselves. Their burst is not instant, and both can’t remain offensive while using defensive measures (which blurred frenzy/distorion, stealth, and warrior high base health and armor allow them to do).

in Elementalist

Gallrvaghn.4921

it’s called balance.

No, you bring that cantrip and trait into water/arcana because otherwise a cloak&dagger+steal will 2-shot you at 13-14k hp, as will a mesmer shatter or a frenzy 100b.

Guess what? All our shorter cd stunbreakers are cantrips, with armor of earth having a monstrous cooldown compared to, say, my mesmer’s 32 sec stunbreaker cd.

Even if you could increase ele damage by 100% people would still not run the builds because mesmers and thieves and warriors can burst you before you can burst them, anytime. Immunities via Frenzy/Distortion/instant MI shatters, stealth and teleports, stuns and immobilize with haste. You would die before you could even go into an Updraft>Burning Speed>Firegrab combo.

They have means to mitigate your burst on their core weapon utilities and avoidance mechanics/base hp, whereas outside mist form you do not.

It’s the same reason burst rangers and necros are garbage (besides the horrible damage they do) — they cannot land burst in safety or heavily control the target to assure the delivery of burst while avoiding any burst themselves. Their burst is not instant, and both can’t remain offensive while using defensive measures (which blurred frenzy/distorion, stealth, and warrior high base health and armor allow them to do).

Yea, ele burst is not that instant compared to Thieves and Mesmers. BUT we do have damage mitigation skills in our weapons. We also have CCs in them. CD differences might seem to be the issue and increasing ele hp pool is still not a good solution.

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

giving more hp to eles will result in an OP class beconming even more OP.
That’s not a great idea in my opinion.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

giving more hp to eles will result in an OP class beconming even more OP.
That’s not a great idea in my opinion.

That’s why it should be part of a bigger plan, instead of the only thing that changes.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Daendur.2357

is they have to rework one or more professions to keep them balanced in order to give to elementalists more hp i think it means they are already balanced (and they are not).
eles atm are a bit over the top and what they need is a nerf, not a buff.
but it’s surely coming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

So eles learned to play and are now OP?

in Elementalist

Daendur.2357

So eles learned to play and are now OP?

basically yes. they started as classical mages … staff and ranged … then they find out daggers…

in Elementalist

Posted by: IceTenacious.4126

IceTenacious.4126

Bad.. If you’re an ele drop the kittenen valk and use soliders with zerker..Honestly healing got nerfed so you might as well have a higher HP pool.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Ah yes that’s why we got nerfed to the extreme during beta, thanks for the enlightenment Daendur…

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Daendur.2357

Ah yes that’s why we got nerfed to the extreme during beta, thanks for the enlightenment Daendur…

they nerfed you so much that at the moment you are the most OP class in the game…
soooo nerfed.
plz be serious.

in Elementalist

MarzAttakz.9608

They didn’t “find out daggers” they nerfed every other weaponset, people just found a strong build and learnt to play it. As should you. Do some research into the history of changes to the class and maybe we’ll take you seriously.

in Elementalist

Daendur.2357

what you call “a strong build” is by far more powerful than everything else we’ve ever seen since release.
Since eles haven’t been buffed recently i assume they did “find out” this fotm build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Bad.. If you’re an ele drop the kittenen valk and use soliders with zerker..Honestly healing got nerfed so you might as well have a higher HP pool.

What are you talking about? Valkyrie gear doesn’t have healing. And if you want a more offensive build + higher HP, valkyrie + berserker does that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

What are you talking about? Valkyrie gear doesn’t have healing. And if you want a more offensive build + higher HP, valkyrie + berserker does that.

You do realize he’s talking about pvp version of valkyrie’s amulet?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Traxx.6358

Traxx.6358

The thing is we all see the problem with tanky eles. I have no idea why it takes so long to balance it. Here is a good example: http://pl.twitch.tv/magzyo/b/356720136. Game starts at about 14:00. 3 eles in 1 team. Random team almost won with one of the best eu teams. As for the glass cannon ele I agree there should be something done to make this build viable. I would say having a trait which converts 5% of precision into vitality might help.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

The HP pools are fine if the extremes of bunkering and burst were normalized. It doesn’t make sense to force the low hp bracket of classes to wear 12 peices of vit gear + 30 in a vit trait line to survive burst builds, whereas most other balanced builds can’t even make a dent against a full bunker.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

they nerfed you so much that at the moment you are the most OP class in the game…
soooo nerfed.
plz be serious.

On top of my head here is a list of nerfed skills prior to the release of the game:

1)Scepter
-Hurl= from base dmg 332 to 166 base dmg
-Phoenix = 1k healing+remove all conditions/vigor at 15s CD to remove all conditions/vigor at 20s CD
-Arc Lightning = base dmg reduction , assumed to be 30%
- Ice shards= base dmg reduction , no numbers available but the dmg was good in BWE1, ( used to cause daze/stun with a trait)
-Flamestrike= from no animation delay to 1s cast animation ( BWE1)

2) Staff
-Fireball = from 800+ base dmg to 300+ base dmg
-Chain lightning = base dmg reduction, no number available (BWE1)
-Lightning surge= from 3s CD, blind, 12s confusion to 10s CD, 2s cast, confusion removed
-Gust= from 20s CD to 30s CD
-Windborne speed= from 20s CD to 30s CD
-Unsteady ground = from 20s CD to 30s CD
-Shockwave= from 20s CD to 30s CD
-Frozen ground= from 30s CD to 40s CD
-Healing rain= from 9s regeneration to 6s regeneration
-Static field = from 3s stun larger radius to 2s stun smaller radius
-Magnetic aura= from 20s CD to 30s CD
-Meteor storm= base dmg from 800 to 700 base dmg

3)Dagger MH
- Updraft= from 20s CD to 40s CD
- Shocking aura= from 20s CD to 25s CD
-Fire grab = crit dmg from 150% to 44%, base dmg reduced by over 50%, from 30s CD to 45s CD
- Earthquake= I remember it being 30s CD, now 45s CD
- Ring of earth= used to give 6s protection and deal dmg

4)Focus
-Gale= from 3s KD at 40s CD to 50s CD and 2s KD
-Flamewall= from 12+ s duration to 8s duration, radius reduced

5)Utilities
-Arcane wave = from 20s CD and 1500 base dmg to 30s CD and 1400 base dmg
-Arcane blast= from 15s CD and 900 base dmg to 20s CD and 800 base dmg
- Cleansing fire= from 30s CD, remove all conditions to remove 3 conditions and 50s CD
-Armor of earth= protection/stability from 9s duration to 6s duration
-Signet of water =from remove a condition every 3s to remove a condition every 10s

6)Traits
-One with the mist= Grant mist form when your health reach 33% [removed]
-Winds of Change= grant switness to allies when switching to air [removed]
-Ember might = grant might to allies when switching to fire [removed]
-Arcane lightning = 3% crit dmg for each arcane skill equipped, now is 3% crit dmg for 10s when using an arcane skill
-Grounded = from 50% dmg on KD/stunned foes, master trait to 20% dmg and grandmaster trait
-Stop drop and roll = from adept trait, remove a condition at every dodge to master trait, remove burning/chill every 10s on dodge
-Lingering elements= from adept minor trait to master minor trait
-Healing ripple = 50% direct healing reduction, other 50% depends on healing power stat

This is what I can remember but of course there is more on top of nerfed stuff like bugged traits/skills, regarding “buffs” here is a short list of them….

1)Dagger/Dagger
-Drake’s breath = added 1k base dmg
-Ring of fire= base dmg from 230 to 630
-Lightning whip= base dmg from 330 to 380
-Frost aura= from 1s chill to 2s chill
-Churning earth= from 5 bleeding stacks to 8 stacks
-Lightning touch = removed vulnerability, added weakness and 4s CD increase

Scepter
-no changes

Staff
-no changes

Focus
-no changes

2) Utilities
-signet of earth = CD reduced from 60s CD to 30s CD
-Glyph of elemental power= from 105s Cd to 45s CD
-Conjures= add few stats
-Lightning flash= CD reduced from 60s CD to 45s CD

3) Trait
-Arcane abatement = reduce fall dmg trait for eles….
-Soothing wave= grant 6s regeneration on use of mist form,signet of water and ice bow, apply chill/vulnerability while in mist form/vapor form ( 2s duration)
-Pyromancer’s puissance= single stack of might from 5s duration to 10s duration

So please find me these significant buffs which had made ele an OP class…and where are the small nerfs?..I only see huge nerfs all around ty

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

The thing is we all see the problem with tanky eles. I have no idea why it takes so long to balance it. Here is a good example: http://pl.twitch.tv/magzyo/b/356720136. Game starts at about 14:00. 3 eles in 1 team. Random team almost won with one of the best eu teams. As for the glass cannon ele I agree there should be something done to make this build viable. I would say having a trait which converts 5% of precision into vitality might help.

Here a quick calculation=

-1000 precision
- 5% converted to vitality
- 50 vitality added to ele HP pool

And with this a glass cannon become viable?..no kidding

in Elementalist

Daendur.2357

So please find me these significant buffs which had made ele an OP class…and where are the small nerfs?..I only see huge nerfs all around ty

Maybe someone blinded you ’cause you completely missed my point.

I said that there were NO significant buffs, so ele has always been OP but players didn’t notice it until someone pulled “The Build” out of his hat revealing elementalist’s true power.

in Elementalist

Daendur.2357

-1000 precision

a glass cannon that doesn’t raise precision at all ?
a naked untraited character has 916 precision …

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

what you call “a strong build” is by far more powerful than everything else we’ve ever seen since release.
Since eles haven’t been buffed recently i assume they did “find out” this fotm build.

The fact that all people playing ele use roughly the same build..doesn’t make it a FOTM build, because when you have a single spec…there is nothing to compare it with, that is to say d/d eles are fotm users compared to what type of eles?

Furthermore the majority of eles here have been playing this profession since BWE1, so not only being called FOTM kids is highly offensive but also very stupid in my opinion,
Even before GW2 would be officially released I was running with s/d and 30 arcane/20 water with soldier/valkyrie amulet.

The same press was surprised at the ele lalck of survivability when trying them in marh/april last year, during last year, if you only go over GW2 guru forum you’ll see dozen of threads started from BWE ele players where the main complain was the lack of survival outside pure defensive build.

Priot to the game release the general consesus on eles was that it is the hardest class to play and the lowest HP was justified by water healing, if you tried to complain about eles you would have been labelled as a noob : " l2p noob , ele is fine because you can heal with water"

But now all eles players have become FOTM kids because we use the only viable specc, developed after countless attempts and tears…why?

Lastly this profession design is flawed, based on the idea that GW2 could work like GW1 where you find a frontline-midline and backline, this was the original idea I believe.

But then the developers started to say that every profession could adjust to any role, quite amusing to say the least because the developers originally though that ele could sit in the back spamming skills while protected by a wall of warriors/guardians…unfortunately for them the game didn’t really turn out to be like that

So now eles can find themself on the frontline with a design based around support and given the fact that they were designed to sit in the back, obviusly as ele you were not supposed to be a glass cannon for the frontline but rather the backline

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

The 5% bonus to a stat traits only use the stat bonus from your gear. So if you have 1000 naked Precision and then add another 1000 from gear, you would get 50 vitality from it, because the first 1000 does not count.

This was very disappointing on my Thief when I tried to trait for 5% vitality from Precision and only received about 400 health.

Honestly though, you are all insane if you think Eles need any kind of buffs without getting a huge nerf to the standard d/d build that is dominating the game in all aspects.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

-1000 precision

Huh?
The percentage is super low…even at 2000 precision you’d get 100 vitality and that’s like 1000 HP -_-
The ele to be viable as glass cannon need more than simple HP , we need far better offensive traits and far better ranged/close dmg skills
Anet will improve d/d even more to allow eles to burst efficiently like all others, but given the fact that in GW2 mele>range you won’t see dmg nerfs on d/d anytime soon..on the contrary
The mobility won’t be nerfed at all…can’t you see that they added cripple to ring of earth and increased the chill effect of frost aura?…a mele ele was supposed to be able to control the flow of battle easily…that’s why staff was nerfed to the ground, they don’t want eles to play as..ele, but rather as battle mages

in Elementalist

IceTenacious.4126

I swear everyone on these forums need to stop complaining. You need to learn to play your class properly and then also learn the major tells of other classes. If you really want to improve go to HoTM on Desolation (EU) / Anvil Rock (EU) and look for groups for tournaments and start playing tournaments. Also, if you honestly want to improve then change your mind set from ok I’m playing pvp to kill stuff to ok I’m playing pvp to improve. E.g. if you die in a situation think about how you could have improved and done something differently so when you get in that type of situation again you have a better chance of succeeding.

You’ve got to be honest the staff elementalist really needed a nerf and they’re still viable. I just don’t see anyone willing to play them in their team composition because no one wants to play support elementalist. Also, healing on all weapon sets for elementalists were nerfed and it’s quite noticeable.

(edited by IceTenacious.4126)

in Elementalist

Daendur.2357

The fact that all people playing ele use roughly the same build..doesn’t make it a FOTM build

indeed it does.

because when you have a single spec…there is nothing to compare it with, that is to say d/d eles are fotm users compared to what type of eles?

maybe this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvkKHR8zz34

editing to say that the fact you were playing ele since bwe1 doesn’t mean it’s not a FOTM class … indeed you can see elementalists in wvw popping out like mushrooms along with their “noob ele needs help” thread on this board.

(edited by Daendur.2357)

in Elementalist

Daendur.2357

The 5% bonus to a stat traits only use the stat bonus from your gear.

i’m quite sure it doesn’t, but i’m gonna check it, ‘cause atm i’m not at home.

btw i’m not saying eles need a buff but the opposite.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

The 5% bonus to a stat traits only use the stat bonus from your gear. So if you have 1000 naked Precision and then add another 1000 from gear, you would get 50 vitality from it, because the first 1000 does not count.

This was very disappointing on my Thief when I tried to trait for 5% vitality from Precision and only received about 400 health.

Honestly though, you are all insane if you think Eles need any kind of buffs without getting a huge nerf to the standard d/d build that is dominating the game in all aspects.

Eles were all range prior to release, but because of complaints our ranged dmg/CC got nerfed to the ground, just check the list of nerfs staff/scepter have received.
Now you people want to nerf d/d and re-buff our ranged dmg…seriously..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zDRLKp9kAU&list=PLBF2912D72F052EC7&index=23

If somebody is able to use all 20 skills efficiently you become OP? The profession was designed around attunement and quick barrage of skills is the result, if now you want to remove that benefit than just remove the attunement idea, introduce single element eles with 10 skills and weapon swap…will this ever happen? Of course no so no point in keep complaining

For instance nobody asked Anet to re-work the idea of ele, people were happy in GW1 in running single element eles

in Elementalist

IceTenacious.4126

The fact that all people playing ele use roughly the same build..doesn’t make it a FOTM build

indeed it does.

because when you have a single spec…there is nothing to compare it with, that is to say d/d eles are fotm users compared to what type of eles?

maybe this:

editing to say that the fact you were playing ele since bwe1 doesn’t mean it’s not a FOTM class … indeed you can see elementalists in wvw popping out like mushrooms along with their “noob ele needs help” thread on this board.

Not sure if you guys realise but these are TPvP players who understand how to play their class. I hear skov and zoose.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

indeed it does.

maybe this:

Not sure if you guys realise but these are TPvP players who understand how to play their class. I hear skov and zoose.

I don’t think they do realise, people keep coming up with these WvWvW videos to make their point…but not a single tPvP video or let alone a sPvP video showing these “Op” eles who kill 30+ people

in Elementalist

IceTenacious.4126

indeed it does.

maybe this:

I don’t think they do realise, people keep coming up with these WvWvW videos to make their point…but not a single tPvP video or let alone a sPvP video showing these “Op” eles who kill 30+ people

Oh, I agree that elementalists are not OP but people are just bad in-general. Usually in 1v1s a bad d/d elementalists can beat other mediocre players and I think that’s why most people are calling elementalists OP (it’s just because they’re bad and don’t know what to evade). In that WvWvW video all those players are so bad.. If you got 30 r40 from tPvP and put them against that 7 they’d be down in 10 seconds.

-Icifyr
Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

indeed it does.

maybe this:

Oh, I agree that elementalists are not OP but people are just bad in-general. Usually in 1v1s a bad d/d elementalists can beat other mediocre players and I think that’s why most people are calling elementalists OP (it’s just because they’re bad and don’t know what to evade). In that WvWvW video all those players are so bad.. If you got 30 r40 from tPvP and put them against that 7 they’d be down in 10 seconds.

-Icifyr
Anvil Rock

This!
But people are nver humble enough to recognise their limits and simply blame the game design, when you who played the profession since BWE1, won paid tournaments with it, played solely this profession and reached r40+ get compared to somebody who just started the profession 2 days ago..you realize that people losing to a recently created ele are extremely bad if they can’t dodge hugely telegraphated attacks liike burning speed or churning earth, or keep attacking an ele with frost aura on.

At r40+ you really need to work your kitten to get a kill against any profession

in Elementalist

MarzAttakz.9608

Even coming from members of Team Paradigm that video is an utter joke, 5 people with half a brain and some balls would have broken their defense without much trouble. The fact that you’re posting this as proof that Ele’s are OP is ludicrous.

in Elementalist

Daendur.2357

Im sure it does, thats why I came across this idea.

And you are terribly wrong:
precision 1856 (916+940) = +920 hp (from 14045 to 14965)

@ other ppl:

1. i did not post that video as proof eles are OP, i posted it because someone said: “what else can i do instead of d/d ?! it is the only viable build” … and obviously it isn’t.

2. they may be tPvP in WvW … who cares?

3. 5 ppl with half brain and blablabla would have broken… but they didn’t and you can’t say “screenshot or it didn’t happen” ’cause there is the video.

:D

in Elementalist

Posted by: Smitten.3076

Smitten.3076

I use S/D and Staff in WvW , far from UP.
I would be on board for increasing Guardian and Ele hp, as long as the counters came at the same time. I’m personally playing my Guardian again, while we do have some strong bunker builds the reasons HP were nerfed have since been corrected. It seems only natural the HP changes should be reversed. I’ve never been sure why Warriors have maintained their absurd HP pools.

in Elementalist

MarzAttakz.9608

1. i did not post that video as proof eles are OP, i posted it because someone said: “what else can i do instead of d/d ?! it is the only viable build” … and obviously it isn’t.

It is a 0/10/0/30/30 staff build, same trait point allocation.

2. they may be tPvP in WvW … who cares?

Because players with skill and understanding will always beat worse players, often times even when outnumbered.

3. 5 ppl with half brain and blablabla would have broken… but they didn’t and you can’t say “screenshot or it didn’t happen” ’cause there is the video.

See above comment.

in Elementalist

Gallrvaghn.4921

no to hp pool increase! yes to fire and air traits improvement! i wanna see big numbers! i want to be an actual glass cannon! survivability traits in these traitlines would be a better solution IMHO rather than an increase in hp. i want a working build that is not just another x/x/x/30/30. :O

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joe.1394

Joe.1394

Fact of the day: Those who complain how Elementalist is OP blah blah bah, 99% of them come from a single profession: Thief. And we have a example here >> Daendur.2357
Seriously i dont get why those thief player hate ele so much, or this is a new trick to cover the TRUE OP class in GW2?