Elementalist Out of combat weapon switching

in Elementalist

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I know that the Ele lacks weapon switching in combat due to having the attunement system and how that would give them access to too many skills. It would really be nice if we could have out of combat switching for them though, since they do switch quite frequently. For example, when I run the Uncatagorized fractal, I use a staff for the jumping portions vs the harpies but dagger + Warhorn for the rest, so I can heal the team. Same thing when doing Teqatl; I run staff vs Teq, and then Dagger + Focus when guarding the batteries. It would save me a lot of time in the equipment menu if I could just swap them between fights. Even better, and give this to all classes, would be the ability to set up multiple configurations that you could switch between easily.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Only if this is disabled for PvP. 40 weapon skills is plenty already, they don’t need to be running around with 80 in PvP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Insert that gif… you know you want it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Only if this is disabled for PvP. 40 weapon skills is plenty already, they don’t need to be running around with 80 in PvP.

PvP locks at game start anyway, so it doesnt matter. (unless you mean in custom arena’s)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I specifically specified for out of combat. This is just to simplify things between encounters. Other classes don’t have to futz in the menu so much because switching between 2 is generally all you need. The Ele just gets annoying because it’s so manual.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

+1, good idea.

/15char

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

shrug
I don’t out of combat weapon swap on ele any more than on any other class

ability to swap between saved builds in general would be great though

in Elementalist

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I specifically specified for out of combat. This is just to simplify things between encounters. Other classes don’t have to futz in the menu so much because switching between 2 is generally all you need. The Ele just gets annoying because it’s so manual.

PvP locks at game start anyway, so it doesnt matter. (unless you mean in custom arena’s)

No it absolutely does matter as switching between your weapon sets is allowed in PvP. OP was asking for a second weapon set to facilitate out of combat weapon switching. The only other way to switch is to go through the hero panel which is something he pointed out as being a waste of time (it is), which implies he was asking for a second weapon set. If Eles have a second weapon set then they would be allowed to switch weapons in PvP, which is why I specified this should only be implemented if it is blocked in PvP

in Elementalist

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

Please please please give us ooc weapon swap. Its annoying to be stuck in a mid/front line weapon set when trying to take down sieges on walls in wvw, vice versa.