Elementalist Overall Condition Damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: vox.9027

vox.9027

Burning was pretty OP so I’m not too sad that this happened, however…

Good balance and game mechanics are centred around play and counterplay.

Burning being the only DPS condition that Ele’s can apply (Churning Earth being combat ineffective mostly), the hybrid damage aspect of Ele is fundamentally lost.

There was little noise about Ele before the patch and this is because the issue revolved around the burning INTENSITY.

What I would propose is that Elementalist gains access to conditions such as more Bleed, Torment and Confusion (Poison too un-thematic QQ) that deal low damage over a longer period of time

That way counterplay is initiated whereby your conditions are not an immediate overpowered threat but are still punishing if ignored and uncleansed.

#activegameplay

My changes would look like :

Drake’s Breath – Balanced post patch
Ring of Fire – 2 Stacks of Burning for 4s on cast, 2 Stacks of Torment for 8s on passover
Ring of Earth – 3 Stacks of Bleeding for 8s
EA Shockwave – 2 Stacks of Bleeding for 8s
Move Renewing Stamina to Arcana Adept Minor
New Arcana Adept Major – Disruptive Magic: 2 Stacks of Confusion for 8s when interrupting a target.

(reduce churning earth cast pls)

(edited by vox.9027)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

-Agreed, Churning Earth needs a rework. It’s a pretty useless skill.

I would LOVE for buffs to our condi options. I’m hoping that the incoming Scepter buffs help us maintain burns and especially bleeds better (buffs to Flamestrike and Stone Shards please.) Although I don’t think auto-attacks by themselves should be able to stack huge stacks of condis; too cheesy, spammy and lame. A middle ground needs to be found.

The Reaper damage-on-Chill trait I really feel should’ve been an Ele trait, but oh well. I would love to have a similar trait but for Burning; burns hit harder for example. I mean, we have an entire trait line called FIRE, so it would be fitting lol. But I feel like that would create a balancing nightmare and more QQ than even the recent CEle D/D QQ.

Also, I’d love for a Conjure rework to make Lava Axe more of a might stacking/burning-focused weapon and improve Earth Shield’s defensive/bleed-focused role.

Torment on Earth skills is an interesting idea, but I’d much rather prefer an Earth trait focused on condition damage. I like Strength of Stone, but it’s so boring…plus, it competes with Geomancer’s Training, which is such an awesome trait :/

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DarkyAnime.4531

DarkyAnime.4531

I find confusion and torment really weird on an elementalist since Fire, Water, Lightning, and Earth doesn’t fit well with one of those two suggested condition. Lightning perhaps can apply confusion since lightning is associate with light which can confuse people with light flashing. Although lightning is pretty heavy on raw power so its condition strength should be weaker. Earth really need stronger condition ability as it is currently too slow to apply bleed where Fire can easily reach 15 stacks in 5 seconds. Earth could get a burst bleed buff so it is easier to reach high stacks then sustain it with normal skill use. Of course it shouldn’t be too powerful in PvP since they can cleanse it which makes high stacking hard.

in Elementalist

vox.9027

DPS Chills would also be great and more thematic, perhaps a replacement for Water Grandmaster Minor.

I’m glad all the other classes are getting buffed. Just a few tinkers would make Ele feel entirely complete as a hybrid bruiser/support, not to dismiss that other classes definitely still have some useless traits/skills

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

As a condi ele player I’m not too fussed about the burning buffs/nerfs that have and are about to happen; I mostly relied on bleeds.

I would love it as you said if Ring of Earth could get 3 stacks of bleed, because as a #2 skill it doesn’t really do much except for block projectiles… which hardly anyone knew about. Compare it to other attunements, other #2 skills have significant uses whereas the earth #2 only applies 1 stack of bleed and cripple. This is all in a condition-playstyle scenario. With a dps build I know that skill does a considerable amount of damage.

If elementalists were ever able to get poison someone I’d wish it to come from the earth trait line or the skills, preferably from #1 to #3.

Blinding Ashes along with this 666 trait system and new burn implementation was getting out of hand. I’m very happy that it’s getting toned down as any player be it new or old could easily use the meta build and essentially be unstoppable with it.

One last thing I’ll say is the earth major traits are kinda useless. There’s only one trait worth taking from the majors and that is Earth’s Embrace. I would never take anything else other than that trait as the others do not really do much, especially Serrated Stones; this trait in particular is in need of a rework. Maybe combine the two together?

Broski

(edited by Dahir.4158)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Its the Combination of Burn (easy 2k per tick) + Bleeds (1k or more per tick) with DIrect DPS (throw in 1k) that makes condi fun. SnF will still be way better if you are going high DPS, esp with inc buffs.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

Also, I’d love for a Conjure rework to make Lava Axe more of a might stacking/burning-focused weapon and improve Earth Shield’s defensive/bleed-focused role.

I’d like to see what you think about my Conjure rework suggestion

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Conjures-Revamped-to-Change-All-Bonus-Stats/first#post5538790

I basically make the Lava Axe very similar to what you describe, but with the added benefit of switching both your, and any ally who picks it up, stats to Sinister while wielding it. Burn durations are low but application is easy and plentiful, making it a constant low stack maintaining Burn weapon rather than a weapon that stacks huge burns that instantly kill people.

Similarly, Earth Shield changed a bit to be able to keep up a constant stream of modest bleeding while having improved personal survivability, aoe cc options, and some self condition removal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DarkyAnime.4531

DarkyAnime.4531

Its the Combination of Burn (easy 2k per tick) + Bleeds (1k or more per tick) with DIrect DPS (throw in 1k) that makes condi fun. SnF will still be way better if you are going high DPS, esp with inc buffs.

I hope they really buff the burn and bleed with scepter while toning down the damage on fire (To compensate for better burn). Will be pretty good for increasing it sustainability. Also more water love! <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I’d like to see what you think about my Conjure rework suggestion

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Conjures-Revamped-to-Change-All-Bonus-Stats/first#post5538790

I basically make the Lava Axe very similar to what you describe, but with the added benefit of switching both your, and any ally who picks it up, stats to Sinister while wielding it. Burn durations are low but application is easy and plentiful, making it a constant low stack maintaining Burn weapon rather than a weapon that stacks huge burns that instantly kill people.

Similarly, Earth Shield changed a bit to be able to keep up a constant stream of modest bleeding while having improved personal survivability, aoe cc options, and some self condition removal.

Swift, I am sorry, but your suggestion is not too great.

As for the thread, Earthen Blast (Earth master minor) had been left untouched when the trait overhaul landed when Earthen Blast was the least useful along with Sunspot. Earthen Blast could benefit from a stack of bleed similar to Sigil of Geomancy along with the cripple.

Alerie Despins

(edited by Alekt.5803)

in Elementalist

vox.9027

They won’t nerf D/Dburning just to bump up S/X burning. The main changes I’d like to see are:

Reduce Dragon’s Tooth cast to 1/4s
Phoenix reduced to 15s
Fire auto rework (Focus on fast AoE, no target required cleave with a 1s burn to set up Fire Grabs)

Shatterstone cooldown increased to 10s, now a blast finisher.
Water Trident reduced to 15s

Lightening Strike applies 5s of Weakness
Air auto rework (Retaliation is too effective, damage is low, can’t cleave stealth or LoS)

Dust Devil reduced to 12s, 1/4s cast
Rock Barrier rework (1/2s cast, 2% chance on hit to grant Aegis to block an attack and destroy one of the Rocks, you also lose 50 Toughness per rock for a total of 250) (Or just make them last infinitely until thrown)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

Torment in the burning line? I cant agree with that.

The only place torment May go on ele is probably in earth but that’s about it…. and even then that’s a long shot its kind of out of place on ele honestly.

I always ran signet ele so the burn changes hardly feel bad to me and the loss of might to me is not a big deal either…. I guess its a good thing im not use to playing cantrip cheese when i do actually play ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

Probably in the next expansion ele will get a cond spec i hope so

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

That’s they best way to go about it imo. The best that we can get is a decent scepter rework this Tuesday that will make it a viable burst weapon and then get a condition based elite spec in the next expansion. This spec could introduce conditions that are now unavailable to the ele if the theme is right. All that it needs is some creativity.

Noxious fumes from a volcano inflicting poison is an idea that I have seen recently. It can come from the air near a volcano or even from the water. Torment can also fit in there somehow in the earth attunement, since it involves damage to the lower body which could be inflicted from earth spells. I don’t think that confusion would fit thematically though, but it’s ok since the addition of poison and torment is enough if the spec supports conditions and offers new ways to apply existing elementalist conditions.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

That’s they best way to go about it imo. The best that we can get is a decent scepter rework this Tuesday that will make it a viable burst weapon and then get a condition based elite spec in the next expansion. This spec could introduce conditions that are now unavailable to the ele if the theme is right. All that it needs is some creativity.

Noxious fumes from a volcano inflicting poison is an idea that I have seen recently. It can come from the air near a volcano or even from the water. Torment can also fit in there somehow in the earth attunement, since it involves damage to the lower body which could be inflicted from earth spells. I don’t think that confusion would fit thematically though, but it’s ok since the addition of poison and torment is enough if the spec supports conditions and offers new ways to apply existing elementalist conditions.

Noxious Fumes: Attacks against a burning foe while in Earth Attunement inflict Poison and Torment.

Just an idea :p This would also let us take another Sigil besides Doom, which is kinda mandatory for condi Eles at the moment.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

Serrated Stones in the earth line or even Strenght of Stone could get some help.

Maybe Serrated Stones could get some polishing and some character. I was thinking about:
Applying Cripple also applies Bleeding for 3 seconds; applying Bleeding also applies Cripple for 1 second (2 seconds ICD per target). Increase Cripple and Bleeding duration by 20%.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They should have buffed condition damage on staff, lava font could give 2 stacks of burning per pulses at the very least since it doesn’t hit the moment you place it down.

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

They should have buffed condition damage on staff, lava font could give 2 stacks of burning per pulses at the very least since it doesn’t hit the moment you place it down.

Burning retreat was nerfed just a few hours after June 23 patch.

Alerie Despins