Elementalist PvE advice Please

in Elementalist

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

I’ve only really played Ele’s in Spvp so I have experience with attunement swapping
I decided to jump head first in to PvE and thought Ele’s AOE would be amazing for PvE and mobs.

The only issue I see is their low health and getting destroyed by boss AOE.
I know Warrior/Guardians are the go to professions for PvE but they really aren’t my style, I love lots of AOE and necro isn’t my type either.

So are Ele’s able to survive well in PvE and solo most if not all content?

in Elementalist

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

Yup! Sure are. I made it through the game with very few problems solo, and that was spec’d out as a glass cannon as well. Generally speaking, I mostly play with a staff in pve. The more range you have the better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

PvPers tend to pick PvE lightly and results may be frustrating at times (princess doll anyone? :P )
the principle is the same, mobility: don’t stand in AoE, wildly attunement dance to keep all your boons up, learn the rhythm of the boss, use decoys if required, teleport, dodge, RTL out of range and back again and so on…
I use almost exclusively D/D and and find no problems at all in any content of the game: if I do, I am probably doing something wrong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The elemental glyphs do make PvE a lot easier. Especially the aggrograbbing Earth Elementals.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

Ele is a bit lacking early game, but is pretty tanky end game even with low HP. I run Scepter/D (I bring a Staff with me for certain dungeons) and with traits alone just attunnig to water generally heals me for 2k, and near by allies (no healing gear equiped) then with scep/D u have 2 reliable heals each healing again for about 2k…and I use the signet heal that heals per cast…That with a decent amount of CC and burst makes for easy enough pve gameplay

But ya switch to staff in group on those nasty " im gonna 1 hit ya" bosses

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rovus.5428

Rovus.5428

Depends if you are very good with dodging when guys get a bit to close to you. I go with a glass cannon build, which is easy with the staff because of all the CC it gives. Also with the trait that increase the AoE on AoE’s (which you MUST have, or else you’re doing it wrong), I try to get that as early as possible.

So I suggest using a staff at lower lvls, since enemies are very easy to control around with it. I heard the D/D is pretty good as well. Haven’t had much luck with that myself, but i suppose that’s an alternative.

“Subtus pennas meas, pinnas meas interitum”

Alatum Interitum

in Elementalist

Autumn.8043

At what level does Ele start to become it’s best?

I’m currently Leveling a Ranger & Ele at the same time, hopefully soon wanted to choose main.

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

at lv80 of course, when traits, synergies ecc starts kicking in…

in Elementalist

Autumn.8043

at lv80 of course, when traits, synergies ecc starts kicking in…

I guessed that I kind of meant like how the Mesmer becomes better at a round level 40. Was wondering if Ele was like that as well. I’m level 30 at the moment wondering how to spend traits.

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

ok I (think) understand: then I would say that the first time you will equip any three-stats gear you WILL notice the difference, but you will still be faaaar from grasping what it means to be Elementalist until lv80.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NightyNight.1823

NightyNight.1823

Staff is best for leveling on lower levels .You can kite pretty well whit that .The only mobs you need to worry about are the ranged ones.You know Blind them ,Chill them , knock them back , stun them ,magnetic aura to reflect projectiles and you should be safe.Summon earth golems and let them agro the mobs while you nuke them.Done everysingle skill point solo even 5 levels higher than me which is pretty good .You wouldn’t be able to do that on a Warrior for example.
On level 80 it just becomes amazing .

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

ele really starts coming into their form at about 40 where they can get 20 points into a line.
Only things i had trouble with are defiant mobs and my own feeling of being indestructible.
Pack of 6 mobs 4 levels higher than i am. Check
armor 10-20 levels out of date. check
weapons 5-10 levels out of date. check
some stuff on cool down. check.
Attack!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Victorctk.4931

Victorctk.4931

ele really starts coming into their form at about 40 where they can get 20 points into a line.
Only things i had trouble with are defiant mobs and my own feeling of being indestructible.
Pack of 6 mobs 4 levels higher than i am. Check
armor 10-20 levels out of date. check
weapons 5-10 levels out of date. check
some stuff on cool down. check.
Attack!

hahahaha once in a while i get the same overconfidence as well

Victorctk [GODS]
Fort Aspenwood

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

My ele only became super fun at 80, trait/rune/sigil synergy is just a huge deal on all classes for me anyway.

The good ones you will only buy to slot into 80 exotics, unless you’re swimming in gold :P

Funny comment about overconfidence too, though it usualy works if they don’t have immobilise T_T mobility is life.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Eles are pretty bleah in PVE early on since they rely so heavily on their traits to make the profession come together. While this is the case with all professions it just isn’t as severe as it is with elementalist.

The attunement cooldown without a lot of points in arcane is absolutely godawful. The 15 point trait in water healing you on switch to water attunement (Healing Ripple) is a big one too. Of course, the 10 point arcane trait Elemental Attunement is outright required.

in Elementalist

Autumn.8043

Currently Level 63, all I can say is I am so glad that I stuck with it. Solo’ed my first group event today against the Krait Witch at Timberline Falls, it was a total blast. Loving every minute.

Running S/D at the moment with some exotic gear.

in Elementalist

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

carry 2 daggers, scepter,focus and a staff you never know when you will be on a run and need a different weapon set, I like to carry a secondary set of armor and jewelry incase I need to swap builds on the fly

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaede.9314

Kaede.9314

Staff is best for leveling on lower levels .You can kite pretty well whit that .The only mobs you need to worry about are the ranged ones.You know Blind them ,Chill them , knock them back , stun them ,magnetic aura to reflect projectiles and you should be safe.Summon earth golems and let them agro the mobs while you nuke them.Done everysingle skill point solo even 5 levels higher than me which is pretty good .You wouldn’t be able to do that on a Warrior for example.
On level 80 it just becomes amazing .

I did pretty much every SP solo on my necromancer, thanks to minions and high health + LF. Only one I had trouble on was the cursed shore’s maze. I leveled an ele to 80 near launch, but deleted it because I liked swapping weapon sets to fullfill a totally different role. Surprisingly, I ended up with an Engi as a main :P