Elementalist Ready Up recap

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I haven’t played in about 2 months or so. Looked at video today thought it was a good overall balanced update. Like the blinding ashes change since going 6 fire makes you squishy this gives you defense when outnumbered. Like the lightning rod change. FGS is better with imo with a real attack on rush not situational. Rush was going to get changed anyway. Like the elemental change to get a good attack on demand. I like the elemental contingency change also.

This is a WvW perspective.

Welcome back oZii. The fire trait line is meant more for condition builds. For example one of my favorites builds to play is the following

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAodhMMKb25wuBf0ACAGpuQ4AQDoIOOIsDKCA-T1RHABD8AAcTPAjq/k7+D3pEEgTAwRK/IFgiSjA-w

It already works wonderful and after the patch it is going to be even better with the signet modifications and blinding ash aeo improvement

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Seriously, who will even use FGS for anything else than running faster since it does less damage than any good rotation? What the hell sort of balancing is that?

An elite like FGS, on a class as squishy as an Ele and lasting for a set number of charge should do as much damage as a berserker warrior wielding a Great sword and having twice more health.

I use it for way more than just running since it does excellent amount of damage with my burst non-glassy builds. It also completely counters fast pace hard to kite built warriors. Overall, the damage increase on the leap benefits my playstyle.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

One suggestion I would make is to make sure you have at least 87% condition duration so you get 2 seconds of burn from your fire 2 and fire 4 trait. It essentially doubles that damage.

I haven’t played in about 2 months or so. Looked at video today thought it was a good overall balanced update. Like the blinding ashes change since going 6 fire makes you squishy this gives you defense when outnumbered. Like the lightning rod change. FGS is better with imo with a real attack on rush not situational. Rush was going to get changed anyway. Like the elemental change to get a good attack on demand. I like the elemental contingency change also.

Welcome back oZii. The fire trait line is meant more for condition builds. For example one of my favorites builds to play is the following

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAodhMMKb25wuBf0ACAGpuQ4AQDoIOOIsDKCA-T1RHABD8AAcTPAjq/k7+D3pEEgTAwRK/IFgiSjA-w

It already works wonderful and after the patch it is going to be even better with the signet modifications and blinding ash aeo improvement

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

The lightning rod trait is gonna be fun to play with…

Place a static field on a zerg without stability and see 20 lightning strikes!

#pikachuconfirmed

in Elementalist

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

glyph of lesser/elementals icon changes color according to attunement

THEY SHOULD EXTEND THAT TO ALL GLYPHS (except healing one)

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

One suggestion I would make is to make sure you have at least 87% condition duration so you get 2 seconds of burn from your fire 2 and fire 4 trait. It essentially doubles that damage.

o yea i just put the wrong trait on this build i linked. It is suppose to be ember’s might and not burning precision.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Also 10 points in air instead o water syncs more with this build if you have burning precsion and indeed increasing the condition duration liek you suggested.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flux Qemist.6712

Flux Qemist.6712

Happy for Anet to tone down FGS 4 (it was OP).
But I would prefer that they don’t wave the nerf bat too carelessly (AGAIN) and whackamole burning speed and burning retreat at the same time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

#pikachuconfirmed

What?
Lightning rod you say?

Attachments:

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

#pikachuconfirmed

What?
Lightning rod you say?

Haha! This game kind of works like pokemon, and not in the good ways at times.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

• Elemental Contingency – still nowhere enough to make anyone choose it over Evasive Arcana.
  • Lightning Rod – it’s certainly an improvement but pretty ineffectual – IMO current effect should be merged with Tempest Defense, which by itself is still a very weak GM trait. Replace with a new Glyph GM trait.
  • Blinding Ashes – well-deserved change.
  • Storm glyph changes – probably brings it to the “right” power level for a utility skill (though probably still not worth using in WVW due to crazy # of retal procs). I still think Glyphs on the whole lack the trait support to make them worthy of losing all the survivability from cantrips.
  • Elemental changes – a good improvement, but I still doubt GoLE will ever get used.
  • Signet changes – signet/aura build still requires very heavy trait investment (all 14 points) and loses a hell of a lot of survivability.

What was missing?

• 4+ water, 4+ arcane still effectively mandatory
  • Still a lot of crazy-bad traits littering the trait trees.
  • Focus improvements
  • Conjure rework (no amount of buffs will make them usable while they have such clunky mechanics)

This is from a WVW/roaming perspective.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

4+ water and 4+ arcane are not at all mandatory

I run 2 water, 2 arcane.

I’m 6/4/0/2/2 persisting flames

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

mandatory if you want to be good i meant. you can run 1/1/1/1/1 if you like, doesn’t disprove the point.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

On the balance forum I see some people complaining about blinding ashe even after the buff, my question is: Do we know if the new blinding ashes is per target or just a stupid AoE, meaning it is only applied to other enemies if the fire is attack is an AoE?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

My understanding was that it’s still a global ICD and that the change is essentially “when off ICD and using an AoE burn, it will be applied to all the burned”.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

My understanding was that it’s still a global ICD and that the change is essentially “when off ICD and using an AoE burn, it will be applied to all the burned”.

Well that’s stupid. So it only works well with staff.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

It needs to have a lower ICD, IMO.

in Elementalist

Devildoc.6721

mandatory if you want to be good i meant. you can run 1/1/1/1/1 if you like, doesn’t disprove the point.

depends on game mode, and I’d argue that you have to be better than “good” to rely less on passive defenses from increased health from speccing higher into water.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

You are right about water @ 4. Arcana would say its 6 not 4.

Moreover given our boon duration nerfs from gear it has to be made up under arcana tree.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Moreover given our boon duration nerfs from gear it has to be made up under arcana tree.

Biggest reason to take arcana is to get attunement cool down reduction.

4 is the most you need for it. Builds can be quite successful without EA.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Elemental Attunement’s protection is so strong, and it’s coupled with other effects, and it’s aoe. This is pretty much a grandmaster trait at the master tier (until the day protection’s duration gets nerfed). So, going 6 arcana is pretty much worthy of two grandmaster-worthy traits.

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

depends on game mode, and I’d argue that you have to be better than “good” to rely less on passive defenses from increased health from speccing higher into water.

The main reason for 20 in water is the active defences of the 15 water heal + 20 condition clear.

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

Elemental Attunement […] is pretty much a grandmaster trait at the master tier (until the day protection’s duration gets nerfed).

IMO the criteria for a GM trait should be: does it change the way you play? No, not really… so at least on that criteria, IMO EleAtt is about the right level.

In fact, i’d make the counterargument that EleAtt provides what I see as the baseline functionality and survivability of the class, so IMO it should just be integrated into the baseline class mechanic of attunement switching such that the buffs apply only to the caster, and then there would be a trait that makes the buffs AOE.

in Elementalist

Devildoc.6721

In the first feature patch they changed how attunement cooldowns work. Speccing heavy into arcane does less than it used to as far as cooldown reduction. I’m 2 in arcane, I don’t really miss being 6 (well 30) in arcane much.

Cooldown for swapping back to an attunement you just switched from at 6 arcane is 9 seconds. at 4 arcane it’s 10 seconds, at 2 arcane it’s 11 seconds, 0 arcane, 12 seconds which is base.

It used to be more dramatic. 15s base, about 8-9 (I think I remember 8.5) seconds at 30 points in arcane, every 5 points was about a full second of reduced recharge. Has about half the potency now. Not nearly so vital.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

IIRC they didn’t change the minimum you could make the attunement recharge just the maximum it sat at at default. So the recharge at 6 now is the same as it used to be at 30. The difference is where it is at down the line.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Elementalist

Devildoc.6721

IIRC they didn’t change the minimum you could make the attunement recharge just the maximum it sat at at default. So the recharge at 6 now is the same as it used to be at 30. The difference is where it is at down the line.

Okay so if it was 9s (not sure why I remember 8.5 for some reason, maybe a boon or something) then every 5 (equivalent to 1 point now) points was exactly 1s off the recharge time, now it’s every 2 points (equivalent to 10 then) is 1s off the recharge time.

It’s not as big of a deal anymore. Being specced 2 in arcane now is like being specced 20 in arcane before as far as recharge goes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Okay so if it was 9s (not sure why I remember 8.5 for some reason, maybe a boon or something) then every 5 (equivalent to 1 point now) points was exactly 1s off the recharge time, now it’s every 2 points (equivalent to 10 then) is 1s off the recharge time.

It’s not as big of a deal anymore. Being specced 2 in arcane now is like being specced 20 in arcane before as far as recharge goes.

Im pretty sure it has been and still is at minimum 10sec.You calculate it wrong cause you mistake max recharge at 15 sec when its 16. If timer shows 15 then it means you are in the inside the 15-16 sec and have 15 more to go .Same if it shows 10 sec
It used to be a bit lower as well as the global cooldown but then it got changed after the first or second beta to be individual cd16 and gcd at 2 sec
Then agian in alpha it used to be something like 5 sec ..lol