Elementalist Roaming

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I am looking into making an elementalist, primarily for a mixture of both WvW roaming, both small group and solo, and small amounts of pve. So are they any good, the other class I’m looking into is engineer, so how do elementalist compare?

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

There’s, literally, a post exactly like this still on the front page:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Good-roaming-build

Good luck

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zabroccoli.5870

Zabroccoli.5870

It’s been said on here a million times, Ele’s are fun to play but you have to put in 4x the effort (keystrokes) than other classes to get the same damage. Can you play the piano?

I run a variation of a d/d bunker auramancer with a lot of boon duration and i can 1v1 most classes. It just takes more time to burn them down. Usually by the time i get close to stomping someone they have friends show up and it turns into a 1v2,3,4,5,ect…and then I just have to bail out and find my own backup.

It is an INCREDIBLY FUN class to play. I like it more than all the others. I just takes time to get comfortable with bouncing in and out of attunments, finding which skills combo with the others, and stacking your might (with my build). Once you have 20+ stacks of might (and maybe 25 stacks from a sigil of bloodlust) you can chew through almost anything.

My advice, make one. Play it. Learn it. If it’s something that you feel you enjoy then keep at it. I’ve had my ele for about a year and I’m still learning new tricks about her. It is a labor of love to play an Ele. Don’t play it because you want to do a ton of damage. That’s not what they do. Unless you spec zerker gear/staff and hang out in the background. You can faceroll as a support/damage staff ele. The only downside there is if you’re caught 1v1,2,3,4,ect…you’re a goner.

A fight with an elementalist is like a chess match. You need to know your opponent inside and out. Know what they intend to do before they do it. Then counter and make them pay for making a mistakes.

80 Elementalist – Codex Day – Incinerator
80 Mesmer – Liara Tree Soni – Eternity
Sea of Sorrows

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

oscuro.9720

Okay, I made an eel and he is at lv 10, and pretty fun (go asura!)

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Typos are awesome.

Attachments:

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baest.4061

Baest.4061

It’s been said on here a million times, Ele’s are fun to play but you have to put in 4x the effort (keystrokes) than other classes to get the same damage. Can you play the piano?

I run a variation of a d/d bunker auramancer with a lot of boon duration and i can 1v1 most classes. It just takes more time to burn them down. Usually by the time i get close to stomping someone they have friends show up and it turns into a 1v2,3,4,5,ect…and then I just have to bail out and find my own backup.

It is an INCREDIBLY FUN class to play. I like it more than all the others. I just takes time to get comfortable with bouncing in and out of attunments, finding which skills combo with the others, and stacking your might (with my build). Once you have 20+ stacks of might (and maybe 25 stacks from a sigil of bloodlust) you can chew through almost anything.

My advice, make one. Play it. Learn it. If it’s something that you feel you enjoy then keep at it. I’ve had my ele for about a year and I’m still learning new tricks about her. It is a labor of love to play an Ele. Don’t play it because you want to do a ton of damage. That’s not what they do. Unless you spec zerker gear/staff and hang out in the background. You can faceroll as a support/damage staff ele. The only downside there is if you’re caught 1v1,2,3,4,ect…you’re a goner.

A fight with an elementalist is like a chess match. You need to know your opponent inside and out. Know what they intend to do before they do it. Then counter and make them pay for making a mistakes.

Said like a real ele lover, like me! Wonderfull
If u want to roam solo/in small group u need to play subtile.
i prefer a semi glass (fresh air, S/D) build. Not the best survivability but funny when u play a bit aggressive ;-)

GL with it!

Member of OTAN, roaming guild of WSR server

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

oscuro.9720

How are elementalists at 1vX

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

How are elementalists at 1vX

You will only win against bad players on 1vx with any profession/build so my recommendation is to never incline yourself towards that scenario. Not even thieves and Mesmers stand a chance to win against two good players all by themselves………. Well at least theiy can escape with stealth. With that said if you are a good player with whatever profession you will dominate all those beginners or lower skillful players on 1vx settings.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

An engineer has a better chance than an ele at 1vX. With that said, play what u like.

This is classic DnD build stolen from some dude in another forum and modified. Tanky built.
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0|8.5g.h4.8.5g.h19.d19.0.d19|0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0|1c.71h.1c.71h.5j.71g.1c.71g.5j.b1m.1c.b1m.0.0.0.0.0.0|211.d1b.211.d1b.311.d1b.211.d1b.311.d1b.3v.d1b|0.a1.0.u15b.u28b|15.1|1n.1u.25.1v.29|e

This one is stolen from somedude here with minor mod. High skill level required but can 1vX well

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmkbwx5wjDAEFucyQRIbUekzM2A-jUCBYgBkgAkEBIBqIaslRht6KalXBRVjIqWbDTGAmxA-w

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, Thief and Engi are the way to go for 1vX. Check out Yishis’ channel to see footage and explanations of how this works:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bemeric1/videos

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

Typos are awesome.

Oh god, this killed me.
+100000000000000000000000 good sir.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

Elementalist Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Anything over 2,600 armor is kinda wasted stats you can put into other areas. Besides you don’t want to hit like a wet noodle while roaming, do yah?!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmgbzR5wjDAkHAAALiCPUekzM2A-j0DB4OBkgAkEBIVFM5RZN7BIBCqMMsVNRr8KIqaLqWXDT5CwaeIaW0pWKgIGDA-w

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief