Elementalist So Weak Help!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wizard ConCon.9531

Wizard ConCon.9531

Hello! Recently I have been playing as an Asuran Elementalist and Im beginning to wonder why I’m continuously dying in WvW and PvP. I’m only lv 18 and use a staff but its ridiculous that I cant contribute to the match or kill any one. Even a pink moa killed me before I got it to half! Could someone please help me or answer my problems thanks! Please help! Also on my private storyline I’m faced with a flying harpie which fireball attack wipes me out in one shot. Whatever damage I do it recovers when I re spawn. Can anyone give me any tips?

(edited by Wizard ConCon.9531)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Turn graphics settings down to lowest possible if no improvement go to local computer shop and ask. Dont believe them? Get a second opinion from another one.

Upgrade or buy a new computer as they suggest. Btw GW2 plays fine on my Toshiba Satellite A660-056 laptop. But Ive only used it in 8vs8 spvp not in wvww. I use it on mid settings.

Also I think I just got trolled.

in Elementalist

Wizard ConCon.9531

Thanks but is something wrong with the rest of my character?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Turn graphics settings down to lowest possible if no improvement go to local computer shop and ask. Dont believe them? Get a second opinion from another one.

Upgrade or buy a new computer as they suggest. Btw GW2 plays fine on my Toshiba Satellite A660-056 laptop. But Ive only used it in 8vs8 spvp not in wvww. I use it on mid settings.

Also I think I just got trolled.

He mentions nothing to do with graphics? ._.

Well your main problem is that you’re level 18 and most people in WvW are level 80. Yes you get scaled to level 80 however they have better gear and have all their traits unlocked. All I can suggest it run around with the zergs and level up until, also keep on top of your gear make sure you have the best gear you can get for your level blues/greens will do at lower levels.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

(edited by Curring.9752)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mjk.7562

Mjk.7562

Exactly what the previous user posted. You cannot expect to match pimped ppl on lvl 80 and their equipment. Elementalist is weakest class in the game when played wrongly. Low Hp base 10k and complicated combos makes it hardest class to master. But once you master few things, it is absolutly rewarding. Consider to try warrior or engineer, those are much easier to play. Also staff is siege only most of the time in Wvw, if you want to kill ppl, time to start learning d/d:D

41 Ranger, 80 Thief, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

use a default cantrip build in spvp and work on the combos.
0/10/0/30/30
armor of earth, mist form, lightning flash.

in wvw you just cant compete with so few hitpoints at low levels

i used dagger dagger in wvw and do suicide stomps. see someone downed. ride the lightning to them. stomp and go into mist form while stomping then run away. vapor form back to safety when if you can.

you can vapor form through keep portals so as long as you are not too far out you can get back to safety.

(edited by Crunchy Gremlin.5798)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Also, using a staff as an elementalist is not recommended for 1v1 fights, even when fighting PvE (like pink moas).

Staff has great AoE, but few single-target attacks and its auto-attacks have a relatively long cast-time. If you want to play WvW, use it while standing on the walls of a tower to rain down destruction on the enemies attacking the gates. Or use it while running around in a large group, to buff/heal allies with AoE.
But if you are ever alone outside of the walls, do NOT use a staff.

About your personal story, I’m afraid I don’t know that one because I never played asura. However, if one hit from the fireball will kill you, the obvious way to deal with it is to not get hit.
Use dodge-roll to evade the attack. Or use an anti-missile skill, like Earth 3 on staff, or Earth 4 on focus, or Air 4 on focus. Chances are it will be a slow projectile, so easy to dodge, or the harpy will have a long casting animation to signal that its fireball is coming, making it easy to anticipate.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Ya he did. Just edited the part mentioning 9 frames per second out after the fact. You are lvl 18 and have access to two stat gear I think. So the two stats you want right now arw vitality and power. Put some gems which give toughness in each of your upgrade slots. It seems important with the elementalist to keep your gear level close to your characters level. I try to update my gear to match my character every five levels. Gear should be very cheap and plentifull for you on trading post at your level. Sorry if my info not quite right and its only in regard to your personal story question not wvwvw as Ive never done that. Though if wvwvw scales your existing gear it should help I think.

Good luck.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Is that the Norn storyline? If I recall it had a really difficult step around that level, took me many many tries to pull off on my necro. Get a friend to help is my advice.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nanoha.3892

Nanoha.3892

At level 18 you’re just not going to stand a chance. Though I think staff is the weakest choice for wvw it is probably going to be your best choice, run with the zerg. When you are 80, nothing beats dagger/dagger, I’ve even stopped playing my mesmer (which feels undefeatable) because dagger/dagger ele is just so kitten good. I can often jump 2-3 people and win (sometimes they are low levels though). I fought 2 other d/d eles which was absolutely crazy! real good fun.

Don’t give up as eventually you will be awesome (I guess player skill factors in though) but you just can’t expect to be of much use at level 18, even a fresh level 80 will easily fall to someone with alot of experience and full exotics. Staff is unfortunately quite poor in wvw, save it for attack/defence of towers (or zerging, but even then I would take d/d).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

You just need to level up.

If you INSIST on doing WvW at lower levels, then it is IMPERATIVE that you keep your gear up to date. If you are level 18, in level 15 gear, your stats will SUCK due to how scaling works.

If you want to roll with a zerg and be artillery, then I would say put all your trait points into fire, and buy all power gear. You will likely have A LOT of power due to the level scaling.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

You just need to level up.

If you INSIST on doing WvW at lower levels, then it is IMPERATIVE that you keep your gear up to date. If you are level 18, in level 15 gear, your stats will SUCK due to how scaling works.

If you want to roll with a zerg and be artillery, then I would say put all your trait points into fire, and buy all power gear. You will likely have A LOT of power due to the level scaling.

^this for the most part. If you’re leveling in WvW keep your gear semi-up-to-date and just roll with the herd/zerg. Stay in the back and nuke with staff. You’ll get a couple of kills this way, and get all the karma/XP from taking camps/towers/keeps with the group.

You’re not gonna make a good roamer cause other lvl 80’s will eat your for breakfast.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

As others have said, the staff is not an ideal 1v1 weapon. If you’re level 18 and doing WvW, you really can’t expect to kill full on level 80’s consistently, the stat difference really can put you at a disadvantage.

Unless you are absolutely dead set on using a staff, experiment with other weapon sets! Try them out in sPvP (not wvw) for a while and get the hang of them. If this is your first character, understand the Ele is by far not the easiest profession to master. It’s going to take time, a lot of practice, and a lot of patience.

Ele was not even my first character and I struggled a lot in PvP at first, even though I understood the game mechanics just fine. Once you’ve learned the fundamentals of combat, you can focus on learning all of your skills and utilities in depth and comitting them to muscle memory. Once they are a matter of reflex, it’s a matter of learning basic opening rotations and when to use what.

in Elementalist

Wizard ConCon.9531

Yes I’ve given up on wvw for now but even in pve I can’t beat a dragonfly!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Is your gear up to date? You shouldn’t be dying to a dragonfly, unless you messed up your stats because your gear is nowhere near where it should be for your level. Or if you are trying to play several levels above your own, low-level elementalists are not really good at that sort of thing.

So get to TP and deck yourself out. Low level gear is dirt cheap anyway. And don’t forget the bling (jewellery).

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Elementalist

Wizard ConCon.9531

This makes sense now! I haven’t changed armor since well never! Where could i buy armor?

in Elementalist

Posted by: fishybill.6908

fishybill.6908

Vendor every drop you get and buy new gear for your level every 5 levels or so from the trading post, don’t worry about the stats just buy the cheapest blue or green gear for your armour type. You’ll really struggle unless you change your gear regularly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: tehsmooth.7493

tehsmooth.7493

maybe shatterstone should be more like the guildwars 1 shatterstone?

Shatterstone:
Elite Hex Spell. Target foe is struck for 25…85…100 cold damage and is hexed with Shatterstone for 3 seconds. When Shatterstone ends, that foe and all nearby foes are struck for 25…85…100 cold damage.

making it into a single target damaging ability, but after 3 seconds it explodes and nearby foes are damaged(maybe needs a freeze to since the dmg is weak)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Eh, if they had a truckload of skills and spells you could load up in your 1-5 slots and mix and match… well, one can dream.

P.S. Although I have no idea what it has to do with the topic at hand. Wizard, you can buy new gear at the Trading Post, just go to any major city and look for scales icon on your map.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pixells.6315

Pixells.6315

I had same problem dont play WvW until you get nice gear and 80 lvl PvP set your staff its much better set all your traits like this : 30 fire , 30 earth , 10 arcane you will be real good i got 13k almost 14k hp i am low at hp but i am bursting PvP WvW try it out !

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I was doing well enough at level 60 in wvw.
Go do 8man pvp until you get the “i am god” power.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hepan.2709

Hepan.2709

Love it how ppl still complain about the single most IMBA class in the game being weak.

Yes you can look at it as hard to master, but having the largest skill selection also means something is always off CD, add that to perma 10+might, vigor, etc. etc. best mobility in the game with so many get out of kitten free cards its stupid, healing and CC other classes can dream about, the list goes on. Just count how many skills make you invoul…

I have a 75 ele in 70lvl rare gear and its the easiest class to play with ever. Fighting 1v2-3 is easier then my thief in 80 full exo. Im an average pvper at best.

Tbh, this class need a serious nerf not the thief everybody keeps crying about. Thief atm has the advantage of culling thats it. When/if they fix that it’ll show just what is what.

Im talking from a WvWvW PoV, as other parts of the game bore me to death.

in Elementalist

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Elementalists can deal quite a lot of dmg, but they die really fast. I cannot create that many allies to help me. 1 utility and 1 elite but those are weak. I also cannot stealth like a thief can and whenever I get attacked by someone, it doesn’t matter I have mist form, lightning flash and 5 minutes of swiftness, I just can’t get rid of them. The biggest problem with eles is that once they’re the target, they can’t redirect the attention to something/someone else.

My ele is the exact opposite. I can’t kill much but it takes 5+ to bring me down usually. More often than not, opponents will realize my heals outlast their DPS and run.