Elementalist/Tempest changes discussion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

40 seconds cooldown for a single target 1 second stun.

LOL. Just LOL.

It’s not single target, nor it’s stun.

Gale is the focus ability that knockdowns 1 target (identical to a stun)

You are confusing the staff Gust skill.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

LOL. Just LOL.

I didn’t confuse anyting, I just kitten ed. However, stun is not identical to knocback. Sure you cannot move and use your skills, but it’s still not the same regarding what happens with your character.

Also, Gust is knockback, not knockdown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I manage. The new amulets are a fine replacement for celestial. I can still pvp with my ele. Focus changes were clean and nice. Underhyped really.

Scepter changes were alright. I was left expecting more, but nothing bad came of it. Fresh Air change is pretty great.

DS feels overnerfed. I could accept lose a condition every second from complete immunity, that was a fair change. Complete immunity was a tad OP.

But needing us to get hit for it to proc, when a thief or necro reaper can probably knock you out of the 75% threshold by themselves in one hit?

That wasn’t so tres bien of them. Next time I’m keeping my mouth shut…

Buuuut… if they are gonna insist on keeping this new on hit mechanic… move the threshold from 75% to 50%.

Even then it’s still risky VS glass but at 50% it feels like it’d be more useable than it is now.

Overall? Pretty decent outcome. It wasn’t the end of the elementalist as we know it. We’ve had worse balance runs.

I am kinda kittened off that they changed Ride the Lightning to not work in the air though. That’s terrible.

Can we at least get the old range back then? Or a better cool down? Plz?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

But needing us to get hit for it to proc, when a thief or necro reaper can probably knock you out of the 75% threshold by themselves in one hit?

They wouldn’t have set the threshold to 75% if they actually played their game or did some testing. It’s like Icebow, they see some forum thread of people complaining so they just take it out of the game. Diamond Skin was the symptom of the condi damage buff, it became impossible to play without it. They should have nerfed condi instead so eles would have been able to use a different trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

LOL. Just LOL.

I didn’t confuse anyting, I just kitten ed. However, stun is not identical to knocback. Sure you cannot move and use your skills, but it’s still not the same regarding what happens with your character.

You’re either not reading properly or you are seriously out of touch. He said gale is a single target knockdown, nothing about gust being knockdown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

They wouldn’t have set the threshold to 75% if they actually played their game or did some testing. It’s like Icebow, they see some forum thread of people complaining so they just take it out of the game. Diamond Skin was the symptom of the condi damage buff, it became impossible to play without it. They should have nerfed condi instead so eles would have been able to use a different trait.

I think at 50% it’d be usable, maybe.

75% is too low for most encounters with a thief, shatter mes, or reaper. If you pair it with water, yes, you can pretty much get a kind of bunkerish build to deal with it.

But then, we go back to the issue of needing water. If the meta stays condition centric, water will probably be required. Still too early to tell what the meta’s gonna do.

I’m guessing it’s gonna be more glassy as opposed to conditions (with exception of reaper). But who can say at one day in?

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

LOL. Just LOL.

You’re either not reading properly or you are seriously out of touch. He said gale is a single target knockdown, nothing about gust being knockdown.

He said I confused it with that skill, but I was talking about knockdown, not knockback. Whatever, completely off topic and pointless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

LOL. Just LOL.

Of course it’s single target. And there is absolutely no mechanical difference between a stun and a knockdown.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

LOL. Just LOL.

He said I confused it with that skill, but I was talking about knockdown, not knockback. Whatever, completely off topic and pointless.

Because the first time you were nitpicking, you not only said it’s not single target, and not a stun. That describes gust. That’s why they assume that’s why you were confusing the 2 skills. You were right that it wasn’t a stun, but it’s almost the same.

By the wording of the patch notes, I’m hoping it’s only a tooltip change, since I never actually timed the duration on the gale KD.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

LOL. Just LOL.

Because the first time you were nitpicking, you not only said it’s not single target, and not a stun. That describes gust. That’s why they assume that’s why you were confusing the 2 skills. You were right that it wasn’t a stun, but it’s almost the same.

By the wording of the patch notes, I’m hoping it’s only a tooltip change, since I never actually timed the duration on the gale KD.

Pretty sure it’s an actual duration nerf. Because before the patch focus air 5 would guarantee a dragon’s tooth landing if they didn’t use a stunbreaker. Now it doesn’t.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

LOL. Just LOL.

Pretty sure it’s an actual duration nerf. Because before the patch focus air 5 would guarantee a dragon’s tooth landing if they didn’t use a stunbreaker. Now it doesn’t.

It was a duration nerf, prolly because of the unblockable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well DS in its current form does not need a threshold …. With 75% and being hit it makes itself obsolete …. I did´t use it in the past and the old form was psycological anoying countering any condi build without power, but the change is like removing it and i wonder why a dev comes up with such changes …. Either its dumb or intended to narrow build diversity down to a minimum to ease balancing … I fear its the last.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Diamond skin change was justified, but the implementation was terrible because the trait is now a dead trait and might as well say “never use this trait.” Aura nerf is fine because, aside from magnetic and shocking aura, most “aura-spam” is done to proc “boon on aura” and “heal on aura” traits.

By far the biggest change was removing cele. Without it, ele will not have any builds to fulfill any role, even on a few teams, in pvp. This is why eles are so ticked off. The class doesn’t have the mechanics to fill any other role but bruiser, and they nerfed that bruiser so much that it isn’t viable at all. They didn’t simultaneously open up any new doors or new build opportunities…just like last time they nerfed ele. Also, like last time they nerfed ele, it came a full patch after it was even necessary (nobody was playing ele/tempest in tourneys, instead favoring scrappers or druids…which were oddly left untouched). Cele tempest could have been shaved (fixing earth overload prot and DS was probably enough), but instead it was just gutted.

That is the most frustrating. Look at the defenses the class has access to: protection and healing. Dagger requires a sturdy body to do sustained damage. Staff requires a sturdy body to win with splash damage. Tempest requires a sturdy body to survive an overload. The class is balanced around being an “all-around” bruiser, and yet has no options that allow them to fill that role in pvp.

Oh well…they will bumble around for a year doing nothing until even the staunchest ele hater is like “wtf guys…is it really that hard to make eles viable?” Then they will reintroduce cele and be like “we are geniuses and solved all ele problems!” And the cycle continues.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Diamond skin change was justified, but the implementation was terrible because the trait is now a dead trait and might as well say “never use this trait.” Aura nerf is fine because, aside from magnetic and shocking aura, most “aura-spam” is done to proc “boon on aura” and “heal on aura” traits.

By far the biggest change was removing cele. Without it, ele will not have any builds to fulfill any role, even on a few teams, in pvp. This is why eles are so ticked off. The class doesn’t have the mechanics to fill any other role but bruiser, and they nerfed that bruiser so much that it isn’t viable at all. They didn’t simultaneously open up any new doors or new build opportunities…just like last time they nerfed ele. Also, like last time they nerfed ele, it came a full patch after it was even necessary (nobody was playing ele/tempest in tourneys, instead favoring scrappers or druids…which were oddly left untouched). Cele tempest could have been shaved (fixing earth overload prot and DS was probably enough), but instead it was just gutted.

That is the most frustrating. Look at the defenses the class has access to: protection and healing. Dagger requires a sturdy body to do sustained damage. Staff requires a sturdy body to win with splash damage. Tempest requires a sturdy body to survive an overload. The class is balanced around being an “all-around” bruiser, and yet has no options that allow them to fill that role in pvp.

Oh well…they will bumble around for a year doing nothing until even the staunchest ele hater is like “wtf guys…is it really that hard to make eles viable?” Then they will reintroduce cele and be like “we are geniuses and solved all ele problems!” And the cycle continues.

You know I have no problem Developers don’t like the bruiser type of Ele, they may think it is bad for the game, what ever.

The things ticks me off, in the process of destroying it and making changes, they know that it will effect the Ele but closing eyes and saying, ohhh we put 4 more Amulets Ele will be fine, that is just cheap.

If they just give S/F F/A just shatter Mesmer type damage, I will not even say anything, but S/F FA still lacking damage but should have tank like boss until his next burst phase which not happen earlier then 12s is just retaarded. Mesmer at least can hide in stealth, we have neither the toughness or healing power to tank like a boss (and now also not the dodges).

I have no hope, the base class changes that they have to make to Ele to be viable will definitely will take more then 3 months and they will never accept they made a mistake to remove Cele for Ele. I don’t have the slightest hope that something positive will happen to Ele in next 6 months and our previous experience shows that it can go up to 1 year.

(edited by posthumecaver.6473)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

There’s a thread Anet started for feedback on the patch. If you don’t like it then tell them
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/January-26th-Update-Your-feedback