Elementalist Traits are so boring...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Elementalists have the most bland and uninteresting traits.

Stop trying to ‘balance’ and start designing ArenaNet game designers!

Seriously, do I have to remake the entire Elementalist trait system into something fun and interesting for you?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Stone splinters is the most uninteresting of all traits. It’s basically saying: “here have 10% flat more damage across the board because we can’t buff you skills properly to be on the level of that of other classes, and also if you could try to take more traits in earth that would be cool because we want to promote diversity you know”

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Regardless of how boring they may or may not be, I think the main issue with Ele traits is how horribly balanced they are. >50% of them are total rubbish.

There’s also still the issue of requiring 20+ arcane and 15+ water in every (WVW) spec worth a kitten .

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

evasive arcana is one of the most fun traits in the game

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Regardless of how boring they may or may not be, I think the main issue with Ele traits is how horribly balanced they are. >50% of them are total rubbish.

There’s also still the issue of requiring 20+ arcane and 15+ water in every (WVW) spec worth a kitten .

^This.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyskythyn.6471

Kyskythyn.6471

To be fair, most classes have a small number of good traits that make up their viable builds.

Water and arcane are certainly nice, especially for bunker builds, but I wouldn’t say they are necessary. I run 10 in water and 0 in arcane and I like to think I do ok in wvw.

Miss Kysie – S/F condi bunker ele
River of Tears – S/D glass ele
Solo and small group roamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Absolutely, yes. I like my alts, but I’m always disappointed that my dodgeroll doesn’t deal damage / cripple / cleanse conditions. It’s pretty fantastic.

I’m surprised anyone would call Ele traits boring, when I find them far more interesting than, say, my Ranger or Mesmer traits. Elemental Attunement is extremely flexible, Cleansing Wave (the trait) is more easy condition removal, and Conjurer is a lot of fun for those days I feel like swapping in conjured weapons. There are a lot I’m not familiar familiar with, so maybe some lines are more exciting than others, but I find myself thinking about and playing into (dodge rolling to cripple, etc.) my traits far more with Ele than my alts.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Elementalist

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Don’t stick with traditional builds…mix it up. come up with something else rather than the common d/d zerker build or s/d… see if you can make something work with traits you haven’t used as much.
Play around with the elementalist.
Use some different skill combos…

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

*To be fair, most classes have a small number of good traits that make up their viable builds. *

Water and arcane are certainly nice, especially for bunker builds, but I wouldn’t say they are necessary. I run 10 in water and 0 in arcane and I like to think I do ok in wvw.

Agreed, non-pve Warriors are required to take 20+ defense for cleansing ire and 15+ discipline for fast hands and a compulsory 0/10/30/0/30 to obtain godmode.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Ele traits won’t be in a good spot until attunements have a set recharge of 9-10 and Arcana investment has a different bonus.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Sorry dude, Evasive arcana WAS the most fun trait ingame, before it was nerfed to the 15 trait point level…..

Edit: It would be good like this, but only if the other traits and skills are on par with other classes.
Evasive Arcana was the only reason to go 30 arcane pre-nerf, because it allowed us to be at least as effective as others, at the cost of our endurance, but this was something we could live with.

#ELEtism 4ever

(edited by STRanger.5120)

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Sorry dude, Evasive arcana WAS the most fun trait ingame, before it was nerfed to the 15 trait point level…..

Wait wait that’s lingering element’s level … nothing can ever that low !!!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

Ok, maybe 20 point-trait level, but certainly not grandmaster level….

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

You know what warriors get for 15 point traits? a 50% reduction in weapon swap recharge time.
With 30 points in arcana the best we get is a ( ( 16 – 10 ) / 16 ) = 37.5% reduction in our weapon swap’s recharge time
Ha .. haha .. haha … ha.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Elementalists have the most bland and uninteresting traits.

Stop trying to ‘balance’ and start designing ArenaNet game designers!

Seriously, do I have to remake the entire Elementalist trait system into something fun and interesting for you?

That’s already been done by tons of people.

Anet is glacial and completely misdirected with their changes lol.

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

You know what warriors get for 15 point traits? a 50% reduction in weapon swap recharge time.
With 30 points in arcana the best we get is a ( ( 16 – 10 ) / 16 ) = 37.5% reduction in our weapon swap’s recharge time
Ha .. haha .. haha … ha.

Yeah, I know, I have a warrior alt. It gave me quite a laugh when I found the 15-point discipline trait
Still playing Elementalist though

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Ha .. haha .. haha … ha.

But ele has more skills. /s

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

Ha .. haha .. haha … ha.

But ele has more skills. /s

Yeah, more, but also weaker and harder to land. That makes one advantage for us, and 3 disadvantages (recharge, strength of skills and hard to land skills). Still not fair

Edit: I missed the /s on your post, but I’ll leave it like that, so ppl would see what’s all about

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I was kind of amused when they nerfed water instead of buffing/fixing/replacing the broken traits. The reason why water is required is because it has the highest density of traits with decent synergy, not because the traits were overpowered. Arcana is required because everything has such a high cooldown that we need any reduction we can get. You know something is wrong when at least 35 trait points are essentially allocated for you when you go staff, for instance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

Ele traits won’t be in a good spot until attunements have a set recharge of 9-10 and Arcana investment has a different bonus.

+1

Also why don t give eles the switch weapon feature? it could be even done by fixed pre association with desired attunements; 2 for each weapon

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

+1

Also why don t give eles the switch weapon feature? it could be even done by fixed pre association with desired attunements; 2 for each weapon

Part of what makes eles easier to balance is the fact that they’re locked into a weapon set, meaning your opponent knows what your entire weapon set lineup is capable of as soon as you activate a 1-3 or 4-5 skill. We can’t change that this far along into the game. What we can do is help the elementalist along their current path by making their skills more significant and giving them viable trait options.