Elementalist - Will it satisfy me? (PVE)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaii.6805

Kaii.6805

This post is purely for PVE.

I have been playing since pre-release and in that time I have played every class up to a certain point (71 being the furthest I ever got) except for this one. I cannot for the life of me find a class I completely enjoy.

I’ve decided that I’m happiest as a caster type but the lure of being able to do everything much more efficiently as a Warrior or Guardian is quite strong. I understand that this class has a learning curve and that appeals to me but, once I’ve mastered it will I be able to perform as well as a Warrior or Guardian?

How does the Elementalist perform in Dungeons? Are they a highly sought after class? or are they the unwanted guest of a group?

I’m trying to get a basic feel of it all. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I would like to actually be able to enjoy the end game content.

Kaii

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

I’m quite satisfied with it, it is more complex to build, more complex to play, but the rewards are great if you master it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Elementalists are the type of class that requires players to use all abilities at their disposal for a greater effect than the sum of their individual abilities, and that by itself makes the class very engaging.

Out of the 5 professions I’ve played, the Elementalist has been my favorite. The only thing that would turn you off as a new Elementalist is the learning curve and the armor and health scaling in lower levels. Ranged enemies will eat you at low levels, so if you can find someone to level up with.

How does the Elementalist perform in Dungeons? Are they a highly sought after class? or are they the unwanted guest of a group?

Elementalist provides the best heals and cleansing of all classes, and the most diverse boon support. They also provide the most diverse amounts of combo fields. They can be tanky with the correct spec, so survivability shouldn’t be much of an issue when you’re at the level where you would run most dungeons. I wouldn’t say they’re highly sought after given the design of most of the dungeons but a competent Elementalist can be a boon to any party, moreso than a warrior or ranger.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SpiritofTrini.8374

SpiritofTrini.8374

Elementalists are the type of class that requires players to use all abilities at their disposal for a greater effect than the sum of their individual abilities, and that by itself makes the class very engaging.

Out of the 5 professions I’ve played, the Elementalist has been my favorite. The only thing that would turn you off as a new Elementalist is the learning curve and the armor and health scaling in lower levels. Ranged enemies will eat you at low levels, so if you can find someone to level up with.

Elementalist provides the best heals and cleansing of all classes, and the most diverse boon support. They also provide the most diverse amounts of combo fields. They can be tanky with the correct spec, so survivability shouldn’t be much of an issue when you’re at the level where you would run most dungeons. I wouldn’t say they’re highly sought after given the design of most of the dungeons but a competent Elementalist can be a boon to any party, moreso than a warrior or ranger.

Very, very… good answer!

Siaa Middo (Elementalist)
The Founding Fathers

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tsukagi.8169

Tsukagi.8169

The Elementalist was the first class I tried. I got to level 35 and was getting tired of dying so fast and it felt like I didn’t do much damage.

So after trying about 7 different classes at least to 15 I went back to my elementalist.

There is just so much versatility with the Ele that playing other classes seem boring by comparison. I love the animations and I love the AOE damage that D/D brings to the table. Now that I have a better understanding of the class I can take down 5+ mobs without breaking a sweat.

Awesome class for PvE. PvP? Still working on that, I am only 52 though…so WvWvW isn’t a good gauge when not max level.

Maguuma
Representing – Decimatin (DECM)
Elementalist main

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Crappy damage,no base survivability(skills and your personal skill do a lot tho) but very fun to play once you get the hang of it.
Also AOE ALL THE THINGS!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

It’s a very active class. If you’ve been playing Guardian or Warrior, it can take some getting used to – Elementalists have twice as many abilities, (despite the lack of weapon swapping) and you often need all of them to stay alive and effective.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaii.6805

Kaii.6805

Thank you for all of the posts.

I keep hearing that once you’ve “mastered” the class it can out perform all others. Is that true?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

I keep hearing that once you’ve “mastered” the class it can out perform all others. Is that true?

how do you know a class perform better than another class?

but overall as a single entity. no, not exactly. however, the strength in a ele is with the combination of other professions. i.e after having played a ele for 400h i know a eles power and how much she is buffing the party. my “dream group” will always contain with at least 1 ele but no more. just because of the utility a ele brings to the composition. but 2 eles makes it very hard to make sure the fields are used in the best way. that’s the difference between an ele and other proffesions.

in Elementalist

Posted by: benda.4893

benda.4893

No, you just stop being terribly useless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

i loled, but sadly it’s also partly true as the eles great potential lies with great group cooperation. witch sadly isn’t the strong side in a PuG. but it haven’t stopped me from having alot of fun in fractal 25+

in Elementalist

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

This is sadly accurate. I have to work my butt off as an Elementalist to reach a level of solo performance that other characters of mine casually surpass. On the other hand, my Elementalist always has a giant heap of Ninja Tricks to throw around, where my other characters have to focus a lot more on one or two good techniques and build around those exclusively. And for Group Support, Elementalist is really top notch. If I actually did dungeons more often, I’d be a lot happier with the class, no doubt. As is, I have to be in a really weird mood to want to play my Elementalist these days… for regular PvE, I consider him not quite “Hard Mode”, but definitely not “Easy Mode” any more.

This perspective is 100% PvE by the way. My PvP experience has been focused on map completion lately, and I’m not even trying to actually fight anyone if I can get around them to a waypoint.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

You basically have to master the class to be similar in effectiveness to 2 button spamming classes, but at least you have the moral high ground.

It’s so much fun to play, just not for minmaxers :p You’ll still wreck people though since you have to be so good to do anything you will destroy most players.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com