Elementalist and Aura cool downs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

So, we’ve had changes to few of our auras. Frost aura got hit from the ‘reduction zone.’ but it still has a 40 second cool down. Why not allow this to be 20-30 instead? They’ve done it to fire aura.. And shocking aura is low too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ya frost aura on dagger got hit hard and is now the worst of the wepon aura effects they need to add more effects to it say an reg effect or simply put it on an lower cd.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

You shouldn’t expect anything but the absolute laziest balance attempts from Arenanet.

and fyi, NO devs read profession forums

in Elementalist

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

20s? Frost aura doesn’t deserve that low a cooldown due to the amount of chill spam it has. 30s maybe.

The fact that dagger-dagger has both shock aura and frost aura is a great amount of CC.

If any aura skill deserves a slight buff it should be staff’s magnetic aura given how niche it is and how it is compared to Sand Squall / Swirling Winds / Magnetic Wave.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

20s? Frost aura doesn’t deserve that low a cooldown due to the amount of chill spam it has. 30s maybe.

The fact that dagger-dagger has both shock aura and frost aura is a great amount of CC.

If any aura skill deserves a slight buff it should be staff’s magnetic aura given how niche it is and how it is compared to Sand Squall / Swirling Winds / Magnetic Wave.

That’s still less chill spam than necro, and it requires the ele to be hit, so there’s some kind of trade off. Same with shocking aura, although the latter has an icd per attacker.

Why the squishiest class has so many traits/skills that require you to be hit to get any benefit? I think auras were originally meant to be powerful and dissuasive (“oh this ele has his aura up, i should stop spam my 3k aa brainlesssly and wait for an opening to burst him”) and are now (“oh, did that ele did something to me?”). I’m not complaining, it reflects perfectly the new visuals.

Auras were meant to be an active defensive and dissuasive mechanism for the squishiest class, but were never good enough to fulfill that role. Traits spread all over the lines, huge cd for short duration, effect triggers when hit (and sometimes dead) Only with the elite spec it became finally a thing, because you had good aura uptime and the meaningful traits were there.

Mesmers had chaos armor, stealth, and tricky gameplay to compensate their squishiness, eles had elemental auras and boon sustain. A magic armor for squishy mages is a basic in any rpg, and i think it was originally meant to be that way. The issue came when those auras are not self sufficient and you had to heavily trait/gear them to be, speccing yourself to be survivable, losing potentially offensive abilities to fulfill a role as aoe damage dealer.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Reaper is in an overkill state right now, that is all. Chill isn’t an elementalist specialty. I don’t agree with having reapers chill basically on auto, but that is another issue altogether.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer