Elementalist best end game weapon choice?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Imagine Breaker.8049

Imagine Breaker.8049

So I was wondering what is the best weapon choice for endgame elementalists? Is dagger/dagger good? or is Staff better?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

You know, if there was A best end-game weapon, we wouldn’t be using any of the others

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Every weapon has it’s use.

For PvE if you reeeeeaaaaally want to save gold, then invest in staff. Other weapons matter less since you can just whip out the Lightning Hammer and FGS which have their own weapon strength so weapon grade matters less (under 100 stat difference) and the scepter/X are mainly just there to carry sigils.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Define end game.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

Every weapon does have its use, but also, a lot of it comes down to play style. I roll with staff probably 85% of the time and two daggers the other 15.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

Yeah, it depends on your build. Wanna might stack? S/D. Wanna ninjitsu all over the place? D/D or D/F. Wanna sit back and field/combo? Staff.

Only “end-game” that there is a clear loser (at least to me) is staff in any pvp environment. Great in PvE, too low for PvP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Personally staff is my do-it-all-one-army-man, barely ever do I use my Scepter or dagger for that matter (Anet should give us a new weapon, perhaps focus would fit us……lol).

Dungeons? Staff
PvE open world? Staff
WvW? Staff
sPvP? I dont play that anymore given how we are the most UP class i the game
Long distances in PvE like Orr where Points are perma contesed? D/D for mobility. Seriously Anet, was it really necessary to nerf RtL in PvE cuz of PvP?!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)