Elementalist boycott

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Hey elementalists.

It pains me to even suggest this, but perhaps we should together go on a boycott of our elementalists. At least until they buff our class substantially, they should know they aren’t worth playing.

I’m considering going to my mesmer, but I’m not sure if I’m crazy for considering a boycott.

And a note: I know they aren’t impossible to play. I still do very well on my ele, I just am sick of having to work sooooooo hard for the goals my mesmer could achieve in 20 seconds.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

This will never work, and as nerfed as Eles can be, they’re still the only class that interests me in GW2.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Hey elementalists.

It pains me to even suggest this, but perhaps we should together go on a boycott of our elementalists. At least until they buff our class substantially, they should know they aren’t worth playing.

Did u see pax?
Despite the 100% Boycott we got more nerfs… ._.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Well, if I abaddon my Ele, I will abaddon the whole game, because there will be nothing which will hold me there to be honest. I returned to game after 6 months because of the Elementalist, so that’s it. However I would like to find a way which will make Anet adress our core issues, but there is none I guess…
But I’m expecting removal of Meteor Shower from the game, I’m killing too much ppl with it, so it’s only a matter of time before this patch comes.
/badjoke

#ELEtism 4ever

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

People who have enough love for the class are still having their numbers whittled down, their patience constantly tested. People from other professions trying their hand at Ele quickly assume “oh man, this just isn’t the profession for me”…which is so wrong.
Only because suddenly every fight became significantly harder and deaths became frequent. Mashing all keybinds and dancing around like crazy in order to fight someone who is idly pushing 2-3 buttons is only entertaining for so long.
It’s like telling someone to bring a knife to a gunfight, of course they’ll say "oh, but knife just doesn’t suit my playstyle. I’ll use a gun thanks. "

Overall I wouldn’t be surprised if Ele’s are the lowest-played class simply due to how easily they can die (even in PvE) and how punishing the playstyle is.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

I’m not going to boycott but I have switched to my mesmer for dungeon runs and fractals. Its a pain getting a second set of ascended gear but whatever.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Let’s be realistic here for a second most of us all recognize each other’s name on this sub forum.

If you take the regular posters here you might have maybe 15 people? There are way more people that play ele that don’t post on the forums.

This is a silly suggestion my friend. You can always chime in with the I rolled x or post a video of you deleting your ele. Can become extremely bitter and bring RTL revert into every ele discussion.

The ready up PvP stream is every 2 weeks so I think the best thing to do of you want changes is bring things up there.

I won’t stop playing my ele for anyone here I don’t know any of you irl and I paid my own money for GW2. I am friends in game with people that post here including mbelch but it isn’t that serious.

You do well on your Mesmer because Mesmer play is passive extremely passive especially prismatic builds. Nobody runs shatter much and everyone rolls dueling builds stealthing to make phantasm and clones.

The important thing to remember is that in WvW just about every class can ignore every Mesmer build.

If you like dueling then since launch Mesmer has been king. When out roaming around you need ego driven people to actually stay around not ignore you, and stay around and blow up your clones. It’s boring but people think p/u is skillful but it’s not tbh. Of course you work harder on ele cause you have more skills to cycle if you gave guardian more skills to cycle he will inherently have to work harder.

I get what your saying but the work harder angle was your choice. I know you didn’t expect to kill everyone cycling through just airs and fire one time?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Elementalist boards

• Our profession sucks! All other 7 professions were buffed and ours wasn’t. Reroll!

Any of the other profession boards

• Our profession sucks! All other 7 professions were buffed and ours wasn’t. Reroll!

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

I made a decision last week to start building a BiFrost. It’s for my Staff Ele, of course. Currently doing Been There Done That and am at ~60% map completion with my Ele. I will think of it as a badge of honor to have that start next to my Ele’s name.

Although playing Ele sucks in that it’s frikkin hard mode, with the slightest mistake resulting in death, always dancing around, afraid of stacking with the rest of the party in dungeons and fractals, but what the heck, this is my main and I will stand by it. Once I have my BiFrost it’s gonna be even sweeter. That ain’t happening for another 3 months though, haha!

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

You guys can go ahead. I’m having a literal blast on my staff ele in pvp.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I love my elementalist, I have 4 full sets of gear, commander pins, valuable dyes and much more. However, I noticed that I’m getting pretty much useless in various part of the game. I’ve noticed I die much more often in fractals, which annoys me a lot.

Our class was nerfed to the bone and the more I play it, the more I want to switch to my mesmer. We need 4 times the skills to be as effective as other classes, but we are far from being that effective. Our DPS and mobility took a huge nerf, and we have nothing to compensate that. Our health is crap, our toughness is also bad, our DPS has never been so crap and our healing is not enough to compensate.

We need 1 or more of the following:
- Better healing power scaling and more effective healing skills in water (maybe even an elite that grants regeneration in water cause our current elites are quite bad)
- Increased vitality and/or toughness
- Increased mobility
- increased DPS overall
- less +% dmg traits and more effects (add burning to XYZ, chance to do ZYX, etc.)

Then we’d have a much better elementalist!

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I love my main elementalist. I have 4 of them, but I main the Asura. I could never boycott the ele. Sorry!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wrunt.4892

Wrunt.4892

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I must be doing SOMETHING wrong…enjoying my elementalist even more after the recent patch, since it wound up improving. >_>

Definitely not boycotting my favorite character.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

For the life of me, I can’t figure out the proper role of staff ele in pvp, so I stick to d/d. I like the mobility, and the aoe, but hitting anything is hard/impossible when not teamfighting. Are you team Queuing or solo, and you play ranged support or damage? Celestial maybe or perhaps Valks could work well?

I can’t put the pieces together b/c you get caught 1v1 too often it seems. Could you give some more details?

And sorry to derail thread, but…no – ele is maximum fun when you find a build to be effective.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I’m really glad to see the support for the ele.

I’ve been kitten loyal to the class for so long, and I’d never delete it. I’m just grasping at straws for a method of getting the balancers to notice us.

I rarely lose a duel, and it takes a group of people to bring me down when I solo roam, but that’s a testament to how I’ve learned the class, set it up, and trained with it.

I can guarantee for every person out there (Many of you guys) who have devoted time and love to their eles, there’s been 100+ eles deleted.

I’d love to see a change in that culture, and even if this was the wrong suggestion, I’m looking to ANYTHING to get us love. I hope you all understand.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

….
I’d love to see a change in that culture, and even if this was the wrong suggestion, I’m looking to ANYTHING to get us love. I hope you all understand.

We all get it – this class can be supremely frustrating, especially when you see other classes going ez-mode. Every time I reach that point, I jump on an alt and level it a bit. Even though some things are easier, I still find myself missing some of my ele tricks and skills.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Seeing as I feel you may have taken the OP wrong, I’m going to respond in quote.

Let’s be realistic here for a second most of us all recognize each other’s name on this sub forum.

Yeah and that’s one thing I love about this forum. I know just about every poster, and we all recognize a troll right away.

If you take the regular posters here you might have maybe 15 people? There are way more people that play ele that don’t post on the forums.

This is a silly suggestion my friend. You can always chime in with the I rolled x or post a video of you deleting your ele. Can become extremely bitter and bring RTL revert into every ele discussion.

Silly suggestion or not, I’m trying to get us something other than nerfs. I’ve yet to see a patch where our comparative strength to other classes hasn’t decreased. Also, I’ve never done either of those things.

The ready up PvP stream is every 2 weeks so I think the best thing to do of you want changes is bring things up there.

I don’t play PvP, but I’ll contract someone from #Eletism to do this for us, all of us.

I won’t stop playing my ele for anyone here I don’t know any of you irl and I paid my own money for GW2. I am friends in game with people that post here including mbelch but it isn’t that serious.

You do well on your Mesmer because Mesmer play is passive extremely passive especially prismatic builds. Nobody runs shatter much and everyone rolls dueling builds stealthing to make phantasm and clones.

Mesmer is extremely easy. I do well on it, but I do well on all my classes. I do extremely well on my ele.. I was just pointing out the runner up class which I was considering switching to. Mesmer is a class which has frustrated me for a while during ele play. I can beat or tie them almost all, but they just have too much on us at the moment.

The important thing to remember is that in WvW just about every class can ignore every Mesmer build.

If you like dueling then since launch Mesmer has been king. When out roaming around you need ego driven people to actually stay around not ignore you, and stay around and blow up your clones. It’s boring but people think p/u is skillful but it’s not tbh. Of course you work harder on ele cause you have more skills to cycle if you gave guardian more skills to cycle he will inherently have to work harder.

I’ve yet to see a truly skillful mesmer build used in common practice. Yes, I duel on a daily basis. So you can see why I’m frustrated.

I get what your saying but the work harder angle was your choice. I know you didn’t expect to kill everyone cycling through just airs and fire one time?

I most certainly know the trials and tributes of our class. I put in 20 minute duels to kill bunkers, I will fight camps + people solo and win, but every time I’m forced to die because a necromancer and warrior stun, fear, signet of spite and stomp me, I feel terrible about how a skillful player should be able to overcome those spam tactic by something other than running!

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

….

We all get it – this class can be supremely frustrating, especially when you see other classes going ez-mode. Every time I reach that point, I jump on an alt and level it a bit. Even though some things are easier, I still find myself missing some of my ele tricks and skills.

Thanks. Just a bit of frustration, and unfortunately some people took it the wrong way I think.

I’ve got a guardian, thief, mesmer, warrior and an engineer, and lately I’ve been jumping on one, roaming on it a bit, then as soon as I find someone good, I hop on my ele, duel them and roam on ele.

I will always have love for this class — I feel like I get to use my skill on it more than any other class — I just wish Anet did too.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

To be honest, I play two of the “easy mode” Professions (they are indeed easier to play than anything else in the game, IME) and still find the Elementalist to be a wonderful and fun Profession. It isn’t intended to be as easy as playing your Warrior, IMHO, and why make Professions so homogeneous?

That said, play what you enjoy; no point in playing Elementalist for its own sake if you don’t enjoy what it may or not offer. There’s ZERO sin in enjoying playing your Mesmer/Guardian/etc. better, and that doesn’t necessarily means Elementalists “suck” either.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

To be honest, I play two of the “easy mode” Professions (they are indeed easier to play than anything else in the game, IME) and still find the Elementalist to be a wonderful and fun Profession. It isn’t intended to be as easy as playing your Warrior, IMHO, and why make Professions so homogeneous?

That said, play what you enjoy; no point in playing Elementalist for its own sake if you don’t enjoy what it may or not offer. There’s ZERO sin in enjoying playing your Mesmer/Guardian/etc. better, and that doesn’t necessarily means Elementalists “suck” either.

The shameful thing is I think most of us — including myself — enjoy playing ele more, the other classes are just comparatively stronger.

Professions shouldn’t be homogeneous, but they should all afford skilled players the chance to showcase their skill against each other. Not unskilled players jumping on a skilled player’s body because they teamed up in a group of 5 mesmers, thieves or warriors to gank you.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hedonismbot.3697

Hedonismbot.3697

Don’t be such drama-queens.

Elementalists are in a good spot; the class is unforgiving and requires quick fingers. Step up your game and you’ll be fine.

Boycott… shesh.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

You know I got <3 for you Nex I just try to be a voice of reason. There will never be a build that beats all builds no matter the profession but we all want competitive builds. Every class including ele has weakness vs certain professions builds.

I think classic d/d and variants do well against, guards, power thieves, engineers, rangers, any warrior build that doesn’t have a mace, or hambow wars.

That’s not to bad at all

My S/D ele’s fresh air buddies out there can do well against more specs than d/d. It certainly is the more desired ele type in tPvP. I don’t run s/d mainly but I think it is ele’s best spec now. In a 1v1 s/d vs d/d ele I give advantage to d/d but against every other build out there I think the edge is s/d.

Those are set ups I know the most about and I think ele does well and no 30 arcana isn’t required for all ele’s.

Not everyone plays d/d sometimes the forums act like that is all everyone plays. I use to be guilty of it but our s/d friends don’t get frustrated with the same exact fights as d/d. If you haven’t given fresh air s/d honest try everyone should the fight dynamics are very different than d/d. Range pressure really changes things.

Anyway it isn’t that bad my friends we will be fine

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

after reading every class forums it seems every class is nerfed and everyone should just reroll. so if every class is useless what do you reroll to?

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

I like pain too much.
I’m not going to stop playing my elementalist.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

if i played against myself in any scenario my elementalist would be so ridiculously dead
it’s not even funny
and i already play this game purely out of habit so there’s no point in me boycotting a certain profession to get a blatantly obvious point across
although, i will say that i main an elem and briefly considered purchasing more than one gw1 title and have decided not to.. not all, but some of that decision was based on the state of elementalist in this game

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wargz.1302

Wargz.1302

Boycott I will not,
Play more guardian I will.
Work less you will,
More loot you will have.
Die less you will,
Happy you will be.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Yeah right!? OP is blind, staff ele is better than before. Elementalist isn’t only d/d. Actually, if you like d/d so much go play thief.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

We could mass suicide in lions arch in protest

Bad Elementalist

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

You know I got <3 for you Nex I just try to be a voice of reason. There will never be a build that beats all builds no matter the profession but we all want competitive builds. Every class including ele has weakness vs certain professions builds.

I think classic d/d and variants do well against, guards, power thieves, engineers, rangers, any warrior build that doesn’t have a mace, or hambow wars.

That’s not to bad at all

My S/D ele’s fresh air buddies out there can do well against more specs than d/d. It certainly is the more desired ele type in tPvP. I don’t run s/d mainly but I think it is ele’s best spec now. In a 1v1 s/d vs d/d ele I give advantage to d/d but against every other build out there I think the edge is s/d.

Those are set ups I know the most about and I think ele does well and no 30 arcana isn’t required for all ele’s.

Not everyone plays d/d sometimes the forums act like that is all everyone plays. I use to be guilty of it but our s/d friends don’t get frustrated with the same exact fights as d/d. If you haven’t given fresh air s/d honest try everyone should the fight dynamics are very different than d/d. Range pressure really changes things.

Anyway it isn’t that bad my friends we will be fine

You’ve got a good point here. I do play S/D but I don’t like fresh air. I play it with 30 arcana, 20 air.

I most certainly don’t play staff on any semblance of a regular basis. Bleh that weapon isn’t for me.

Yeah I agree that you’re a voice of reason. I’m just down in the dumps after another patch where our power has decreased.

Yeah right!? OP is blind, staff ele is better than before. Elementalist isn’t only d/d. Actually, if you like d/d so much go play thief.

Not blind, I’m just a WvW D/D roamer. I get the brunt of a lot of different OP things. Zerging is for nabs.

Don’t be such drama-queens.

Elementalists are in a good spot; the class is unforgiving and requires quick fingers. Step up your game and you’ll be fine.

Boycott… shesh.

Elementalists aren’t in a good spot. Nobody here would agree with you. The only thing everybody here agrees on is ele is the most fun class to play.

My game is quite high ele wise. Like I said, I’m actually a very good ele. I just hate having to tie condi classes in duels, and die to zergs.

Don’t mess with assumptions.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wiz.1543

Wiz.1543

I leave it at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6IO9KXVFo4
IMO the ele got a lot of love this patch. Arcane healing skill is really awesome for blasting trough fire/waterfields. Conjurer trait to the first fire tier.

Although I would love 1-2 seconds extra unsteady ground and a shorter cast time for eruption.

But overall I am a happy ele. Love dps staff with a focus on arcane skills in PvE.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

why is ele underpowered? with diamond skin ele could beat every class in 1v1’s now

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

why is ele underpowered? with diamond skin ele could beat every class in 1v1’s now

The only appropriate response to your statement is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewek-6TudOM#t=101

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

We could mass suicide in lions arch in protest

I love this. Let’s plan this for tomorrow night on TC. If you’re NA … Loll lol we might need a Mesmer to port us to our deaths though. It would be a really cool statement.

But I love ele and I do think its in a better spot than it has been. ^^

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

after reading every class forums it seems every class is nerfed and everyone should just reroll. so if every class is useless what do you reroll to?

um… maybe u haven’t looked in the guardian forums then lol

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Any class can always beat any class. Diamond skin does not make eles better vs a class it makes eles better vs condition builds. They won’t have 10% of their health in almost every situation other than 1v1 pure condi builds.

Some fun facts

Vitality > Toughness (always)
1 Vitality = 10 effective health
1 toughness = 0.0545% (not 5.45%) damage reduction for an ele, if you’re ele had 18k health your effective health gain from that is 9.81 and only vs direct damage. The lower your health the lower the impact toughness has on your effective health, at 12k health your effective health gain is 6.54 from 1 toughness.
1 toughness = 0 effective health v condition damage

Toughness increases effective healing on only yourself in the same way it impacts direct damage reduction. It boosts effective healing by 0.0545% per point of toughness. This means you can further increase healing effectiveness by speccing highly in to both toughness and healing, creating a slightly curved growth in effective healing. Somewhat ironically toughness is better at impacting heals than healing power is even though a single point’s impact on healing is about 1/19th of 1 percent.

To reduce an elementalist’s health below 10% in pvp it takes between 1081-2344 damage. Most likely to be around 1.4-1.6k.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

i dont know no math and no idea what that has to do with anything… what im saying is with diamond skin builds you can win all 1v1 vs condi and power classes… the power classes were always easy on ele… now you can crush condi classes with ease too!!! GG

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: zCatchMee.6098

zCatchMee.6098

I don’t know about you guys but… I have been dominating with this new buff (not being sarcastic) I have never felt so OP with the new D/D ele. This includes 1v1 with any builds out there and wvw zerg trains. Casuals… I carry.

Depo

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

I don’t know about you guys but… I have been dominating with this new buff (not being sarcastic) I have never felt so OP with the new D/D ele. This includes 1v1 with any builds out there and wvw zerg trains. Casuals… I carry.

this guy knows whats up

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

Not every class it’s a lil far from every class. But those cheesy full condi necros are my kittenes now after taking burning, bleed, poison and fear and chill in the kitten . I can now say to their faces “I’M YOUR GOD!” while I stomp them at full health negating their useless condition downed skills.

Enjoy this top of the mountain while you can fellow elementalists.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

yes! its hilarious!

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Elementalist boards

Any of the other profession boards

Other professions boards:
Elementalist sucks…

And we know when this happens it means we are far worse than it seems.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Elementalist boycott

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

If you gonna boycott, you need to boycott the game and not the class. Or else you gonna make the other classes even more popular and so they will care even less about elementalist class.