Elementalist in Spvp is the worst

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Before patch you were pretty much forced into the role of tank/support.

Now, it seems like they want us to use air, but the best application of damage with air is with a scepter. But you can’t make a good damage spec at all in spvp. S/D was amazing at release. You could get away with zerker amulet then. You can’t even do S/F now because of the constant condis and cc’s from everyone. It’s literally impossible to enjoy a glass cannon as ele anymore because literally every other class can do a better job of it.

WvW isn’t near as bad, but it’s still pretty horrible vs a lot of things (as a solo roamer). I barely ever see any Ele videos on youtube anymore. It’s just not fun anymore.

PVE/Raid eles are fine.

Does anyone really enjoy playing with monk runes and water/earth/tempest or whatever? lol

Basically playing other games for pvp because I don’t care about playing another class at all. I really don’t get anet when it comes to this class and I’m sure any real ele fan would agree with this.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

It’s literally impossible to enjoy a glass cannon as ele anymore because literally every other class can do a better job of it.

Mesmer will always have it worse in every game mode

I barely ever see any Ele videos on youtube anymore. It’s just not fun anymore.

It’s been like 5 days lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Does anyone really enjoy playing with monk runes and water/earth/tempest or whatever? lol

no
soldier runes are where it’s at

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

no
soldier runes are where it’s at

Don’t know how ya would make it without the condi clear from soldiers

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

On Launch ele was about huge damage while being squishy but mobile. It was so much fun to play and nobody were complaining about the class being OP, cause thieves could just 1-shot us and it was part of the deal. You could even play zerk d/d ele in the middle of a blob fight back then and zoom across the map with RTL on a low cooldown.

What they’ve done with the class since then is a train wreck. They nerfed ele damage and buffed everyone else to a point where there is no advantage to playing a class with no armor/hp and longer cooldown/cast time.

Tempest was rushed out anyway and just not fun to play. Compared to how the game was before it’s just not fun anymore to play elementalist.

I think they had an amazing team making an amazing game, and then a team of less competent people coming in and ruining it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

They basically went to far with the ele nerfs this patch, instead of a fair medium in between or compenstating enough.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kronnokos.6913

kronnokos.6913

i went back to gw2 after 4-5 months with my bro and we mained our eles we went to some pvp and this is class is just so hard nerfed pvp isn’t even fun anymore somethime’s there are propably way’s to eb OP and good but still this is hard nerfed its just worse
all those classes where so balanced and now its just worse

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Actualy I’m doing pretty fine, but it is unranked so many factors have to be taken into account, like mmr (or not), and many players testing their build. Or maybe I’m just lucky or only face bad players. So far it is not unplayable as long as you relentlessly put pressure. And stuffed with condi cleanses.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

On Launch ele was about huge damage while being squishy but mobile. It was so much fun to play and nobody were complaining about the class being OP, cause thieves could just 1-shot us and it was part of the deal. You could even play zerk d/d ele in the middle of a blob fight back then and zoom across the map with RTL on a low cooldown.

What they’ve done with the class since then is a train wreck. They nerfed ele damage and buffed everyone else to a point where there is no advantage to playing a class with no armor/hp and longer cooldown/cast time.

Tempest was rushed out anyway and just not fun to play. Compared to how the game was before it’s just not fun anymore to play elementalist.

I think they had an amazing team making an amazing game, and then a team of less competent people coming in and ruining it.

At launch ele was the tankiest class with the highest dps. It could 5v1 easily and if you lost to any class besides ele you were awful. YouTube daphoenix and you’ll remember launch ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

At launch ele was the tankiest class with the highest dps. It could 5v1 easily and if you lost to any class besides ele you were awful. YouTube daphoenix and you’ll remember launch ele

And now ele isn’t tank or high damage it’s just eh with no real role to fill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

Completely agree with you. And to add more: if devs really think that those radius increase for staff skills were enough to make it a viable weapon, I’m sorry but it weren’t.
Staff is my preffered weapon because of the AoEs, but, but butttttttt: LONG CD and POOR FUNCTIONALITY! Let’s analyze it:

1. Lava Font: it has a good damage but it doesn’t trigger instantly when you cast it and it has an internal cooldown for the damage output. Looks like a pulsing fire field that people always dodge.
  2. Meteor Shower: extreme dps, medium cooldown and largest AoE. It’s good.
  3. Frozen Ground: easy to dodge, long cooldown (40s) and pretty low chill duration.
  4. Healing Rain: poorest support skill I’ve ever seen. kitten CD, grants low regeneration duration and it only cleanses three conditions per 2s. P.S.: its radius is bugged because it’s only 360, so fix it!
  5. Geyser: 20s on cooldown, poor~medium healing and……..lasts 2s? Really?
  6. Ice Spike: a good example of skill that warns players to run away from it and the skill itself actually contributes for this.
  7. Chain Lightning: low damage and slow travel.
  8. Lightning Surge: it’s a good skill.
  9. Gust: this one is a problem for me but it’s difficult to land it and do the job. Bad controlling skill with long CD (30s).
  10. Static Field: the cage is so big that I can’t lay down a lava font inside it to hit people, so…well, I think it wasn’t supposed to hit at all(…)And 40s CD? Please…
  11. Eruption: read item 7 again.
  12. Magnetic Aura: my only good, reliable defence against rangers and alike, because it doesn’t lock me down without my other skills, but 30s is too much. Staff eles need these defences!
  13. Steady Ground and Shock Wave: long cooldown on both (30s). Steady Ground doens’t work as intended sometimes and Shock Wave travels slowly…it could be a bit faster.
  • I also would like to comment the state of conjure weapons: nothing good has been done to them. I try to stack might faster with flame axe, but that conjure is so bad that it can’t help me killing someone, solely. I don’t have anything constructive to say about the other conjures.
  • Some cantrips also have long CD like Cleansing Fire, Armor of Earth and Lighting Flash.
  • Scepter autoattacks have poor dps.

To sum everything: elementalists now, at least at sPvP, can’t be neither competive nor a “jack-of-all-trades”.

It’s all about THE COLORS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Wait, what build are we talking about? The first build that rose to popularity for eles was Daphoenix’s pure Soldier/Cleric build which never dealt the highest DPS per se. Fights were won by out-sustaining enemies who were foolish enough to fight a prolonged battle against a build that was supposed to last. Next to it was the variation of Soldier/Cleric/Knights with berserker trinkets but it still never dealt the highest DPS.

The highest Ele DPS build in terms of PvP (as staff AoE has always been easy to avoid) is the pure glass cannon Scepter Dagger Ele which was only able to survive because of its mobility. In the present though, we don’t have that same mobility and people have learned to play the game to not at least get destroyed by a one trick pony.

But I agree, Ele is so weak in this meta and I don’t think we’ll find any kind of build that will fit in any time soon.

Why take a DPS ele over a thief who has superior DPS and mobility?
Why take a Support/“Bunker” Ele over a druid or a guardian who both have either higher base HP or Armor?

Unlike Druids and Guardians, we need both Vitality and Toughness while having decent Healing Power. All the new “support” Amulets [X + Healing Power + Vitality or Toughness] fit Druids and Guardians way better as they can pick [X + Healing Power + either Vit or Toughness] while there is no amulet that gives [Vit, Healing, and Toughness + X]. Creating a new amulet that gives [Healing Power, Vitality, and Toughness] will just create another bunker meta as other builds with better base stats will benefit more from it.

Anet will need to buff Elementalist traits and utilities to make us not dependent on stats to be able to keep up with others. Removing Celestial Amulet was the first step to actually “balancing” the class which has been dependent to one amulet to be viable for years. All hell will break loose for the Elementalist though if they choose to stay ignorant like they have always been.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

They could improve PvP and all game modes for melee builds if they changed some skills. I’ve recently found out that Ride the lightning actually Re-procs Fresh air because you transform during it then come out of it in air attunement which gives you Fresh air buff.

Imo simply changing Ride the Lightning to have a 30 second cooldown (halved on hit) would make fresh air quite a bit more viable. This means if you take the air recharge trait RtL would have a 20 sec cooldown (10 seconds on hit). Making it more than usable for fresh air (no matter what mainhand you use).

This means that a rotation would be starting in any other attunement → Air → Autoattack/other skills → at 4 to 5 seconds RtL → Overload Air → Swap to (fire) preferably and use dagger 3, 4, or 5 → Back to air. Repeat.

It would be a considerable dps increase and definitely would go a long way to making fresh air builds more synergetic with tempest and usable in various builds.

Why this isn’t crazy: Warrior gets a 500 precision buff for using signets which largely have cooldowns that are up while maintaining the 500 precision buff. Other classes have traits they can trait for that give whole teams or zergs 150 of a stat. Or even 170 in the case of banners. It isn’t entirely unreasonable for fresh air builds to have nearly 100% uptime considering they do need a bit more incentive to actually go melee with low hp and low toughness.