Elementalist isn't too shabby

in Elementalist

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

I have two warriors, two rangers, a guardian and a revevant. I finally made an ele and my mind is blown away.

I always see them perform well in dungeons. I’m in full zerker gear taking down champs that I wasn’t able to on my other characters. I’m learning the benefits of each attunement and swapping between them when necessary.

The dps is strong. It is quite a fun profession. It’s unfortunate I waited so long before trying one.

(edited by iczek.9628)

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

ele is the best
for combat, at least
thief is the best when noncombat is included. can get from point A to point B literally twice as fast as other professions

but yeah ele is the best

in Elementalist

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Full zerker sounds like a waste of the class’s full potential. You can heal and add some nasty burning as a cherry on top so at least four ascended celestial armor pieces and an ascended celestial trinket should be sought with the rest being marauder or even ‘zerker (power damage goes farther on ele in general but Viper’s still has some good power damage as well as increases burning duration and damage).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Full zerker sounds like a waste of the class’s full potential. You can heal and add some nasty burning as a cherry on top so at least four ascended celestial armor pieces and an ascended celestial trinket should be sought with the rest being marauder or even ‘zerker (power damage goes farther on ele in general but Viper’s still has some good power damage as well as increases burning duration and damage).

I read somewhere celestial isnt the way to go anymore for some reason.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I use a mix of viper and celestial with a bit rabid. Full celestial is not enough damage and you don´t need more then 2600 armor or about 15k health wich are the sweet spots for me. Durability rune is very powerful with ele especially when running arcane. I personaly wish they remove the passive being area…

in Elementalist

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

Thanks for your input.

I do not know if this will make a difference, but this is from a PVE perspective. I was relying on Metabattle which suggests berserker for fractals so I’ve been using the Fresh Air DPS build and the Staff DPS build for fractals, dungeons and open world content. Based on my limited experience it has been working out well so far.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Berserker/Maurauder staff ele is a good coice for PvE.
Since i run the same equipement (not traits) PvE and WvW i use a hybrid. The drawback is i don´t have max DPS in many PvE fights but the condi/power mix is huge damage and i think i overtake pure power after some seconds plus i have healing + survivability. I don´t run in speed dungeon groups. This is no fun it´s just fast grinding :-).

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

For pve, against targets with less than like 3k armor (ie most of them outside of high level fractals and the armored HoT mobs), pure power is the most damage. because the power damage stats essentially multiply each other. power * crit chance * crit damage, roughly. plus there are few moves that are good at both power and condition damage. For instance, overload air, the best power damage skill, does 0 condition damage. So if you want to maximize your damage in most pve, you go pure power. berserker/marauder.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loopgru.1026

Loopgru.1026

I’m in the exact same boat as the OP. I tomed up an ele and never really thought much of it- squishies aren’t my bag, so I didn’t give it any real thought. Took it out for a spin on a whim recently and I am utterly blown away.

I’m running a FA tempest build and having a blast. Chaining air overloads is a ton of damage, it’s utterly trivial to lay down a ton of might, mobility is amazing, great panic buttons / active defenses, and the sustain is incredible. Plus with so much protection uptime I can pretty consistently take it on the chin without much problem.

I am too much of an altaholic to say anything for certain, but this is really looking like my new main.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I love my Ele/Tempest…so useful! I run Marauder’s armor with a Marauder’s Amulet and zerk trinkets (depending on the situation, I can swap out the earrings for the zerk/valk ones for more HP if needed too). I went full zerk for awhile but I kept dropping like nobody’s business, some random projectile would knock me on my kitten. A dead Ele is useless so I swapped in the Marauder’s stuff and it’s made the profession that much better for me. I have a cushion for swapping to water for a heal or getting an Aura up where I didn’t before. The trade off is a bit of a damage drop off but honestly, I think because I stay upright more now, the trade off favors my Marauders set lol

Love the profession…takes skill to master!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Agreed, ele is really good in PVE. Though I’d play my warrior/rev when I’m lazy and dont want to click too much. As much as I hate to admit it, IMO Ele is perfectly balanced PVE-wise. Now time to go and fix PvP ele, dear Anet.