Elementalist needs more skills like flame grab?

in Elementalist

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I think elementalist could do with more skills similar to flame grab.
Instead of an overall damage boost, adding skills that do greater damage when a certain condition is active.
This could also work across elements, for instance, if a target is bleeding (earth) then lightning attacks to more damage. It encourages people to stance dance, and makes every attunement viable.

This means that the ‘higher damage’ skills also take more player skill and attention to be pulled off, adding an extra challenge.

I also think there is a need for a utility skill that improves defence at the cost of lowering attack. A constant 33% defence boost at the cost of 50% attack seems a fair trade to me, where the player could toggle the skill on and off. Currently the ‘armor of earth’ skill has a far too short duration. This is because it also breaks stun and adds stability. I feel there is a need for a weaker version with longer duration that simply grants defense.

Thanks for reading my ideas.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

it sort of already exists but not directly as part of the skill.
if it were pointwise possible you could get +70% or more damage with water spells when the target is bleeding, burning, knockdown, vulnerable, almost dead and you are heavily buffed.
then use a weapon conjure and cause damage…. hmmm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Another couple Flame Grab-esque abilities could be nice, but I don’t agree with putting them in different attunements. There’s already plenty of reasons to attune-dance, we don’t need skills that blatantly force it.

in Elementalist

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

(edited by Crunchy Gremlin.5798)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

and what exactly do you think you would be doing damage wise to the person while attuned to water? I tried to vapor blade like that and only was hitting for 300ish

but i agree, i am all for harder to use but higher effect damage abilities. especially if i have to blow a stance to make it work? totally. if dragon tooth did +50% damage to frozen targets (and then +20% from knocked down players with grounding) would result in a 9k dragon tooth crit. but woudl take THREE stances and only done once per 40 seconds.
i like that better than saying, hi i press 100 blades and u die.

in Elementalist

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

weapon conjure
specifically i think that lightning hammer would be the way to go as the weapon will give the +20% from knockdown or stun.

when fully bonused that should do at least 1500 on the autoattack.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I put forward this idea as I hate autoattack in games. I find it boring which is why I like elementalist. Just my personal opinions but I find complex combination attacks are alot more fun to plan out and practice than standing and spamming one basic attack

I like the 70% water boost idea but I feel there needs to be more options. It seems very restrictive (and boring) to only have one or two set ways of achieving the high damage possibilities. I feel each build and play style should have more combos, which are difficult to achieve to max out damage.

To me its a better way of improving the class that simply giving every single skill a damage boost, which many people on the forum are asking for.

(edited by zombyturtle.5980)

in Elementalist

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I put forward this idea as I hate autoattack in games. I find it boring which is why I like elementalist. Just my personal opinions but I find complex combination attacks are alot more fun to plan out and practice than standing and spamming one basic attack

oh im not saying that a person would just use the lightning hammer auto attack. im just saying that is what the auto attack can do near as much as the longer CD skills do.

sorry i like solutions… weapon conjures are one of my pet concepts at the moment. move along… move along.