Elementalist - op or not ? Discuss.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Traxx.6358

Traxx.6358

I believe that the title of this topic is hype-friendly, but all I want is to discuss about this proffesion. There is already a talk about specific ele buid here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Elementalist-Bunker-builds/,

but I felt like the problem is not related to one particular build. Eles are the only profession that can be tanky, deliever lots of damage, mobile, have lots of cc and can be invulnerable. While playing pubs sometimes I can see 1/2 players running eles, which I think ruins the game a bit. Also I play as a thief and I try other professions to know how to behave in certain situations and I just have no idea how to to deal with ele. I’m not a professional player, so probably my opinion isn’t worth much, but I’d like to know what others think about it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

4more days to get your answer. wait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Ele OP compared to thief? Are you joking?

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Semprenaviguare.2936

Semprenaviguare.2936

On WvWvW yes elementalist is op , because he can stuff tanky+ dps+Heal .

On Spvp or Tpvp elementalist isn t very op .

but he can tank = guardien
But he can burst as a mesmer or thief or war .
but he can roam as a thief .

But he cannot make all in the same time .

a burst elementalist is maybe the best burst of the spvp ( because he can burst all on aoe )
But he cannot survive when burst is finish because ….. no tank .

a tank elementalist can tank the same of guardien , but he cannot kill other player or is very long .

a elementalist support can 50% tank 50% dps . but isn t really op .

(edited by Semprenaviguare.2936)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reaglass.9658

Reaglass.9658

a bad thief can kill a bad elementalist ,

but no body can kill a good elementaliste .

I have killed plenty on my ranger.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nilvio.7941

Nilvio.7941

Dont know about OP, but i like how versatile elementalist is. And other professions need more of that

Thats all!

English is not my native language :)
RETIRED MESMER YO!

in Elementalist

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Oh finally someone noticed the rise of the d/d /godmod eles ?

Maybe people will get off thieves back a bit.

Who am i kidding of course they won’t.

in Elementalist

Reaglass.9658

people will complain all the time. It’s up to Anet to decide between actually listening to the half minded complaints and turning out like WoW, or looking into the real issue, which is people don’t want to do teamwork or research even to know the counters to them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Thought our bunker builds already got nerfed last few patches, you want them nerfed even more, give us a break please.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Teabaker.9524

Teabaker.9524

Yea, they are. They are unkillable in a 1v1 and can escape a 1v2 pretty easily or tank them a long time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: possante.8310

possante.8310

yap d/d ele need to be nerf a bit, they have insane damage, lot of defensive skills, lot of break stuns, great support team this with 1500 toughness and almost 20k health.

they can have perma swiftness and fury and almost vigor always up in combat, not to emntioned shocking aura with just 20s CD (traited) is insane.

on top of this, ele d/d can do good damage in all atunements, even in water he can do good damage, than fire do insane damage, air is CC and do good damage and finally earth, something that should be mostly for defensive can do just an amazing damage with last skill (even skill 2 do can crit more than 2k damage !!)

what they need to do is change skills on water and earth, water is suppose to be for heal (still skill 2 do lot of damage, i can damage for +3k and heal people) and earth last skill can crit for almost 5k this will a build that is far from be canon glass and almost impossible to die.

enemy dont have any break time because ele d/d can do lot of damage with any atunement

than he can stack 250 power (is easy do this ) with sigil and put another sigil for more +5%damage ot sigil fire and than you see a ele d/d killing anything easy

is the best 1vs1 and the best roamer of game, even better than thief ( RtL every 12S and perma swiftness) plus is the best class to go out of combat.

this with good builds not those crap build d/d full canon glass with berserker where they die in 4s, the build im talk about use soldier (can use valkyrie if you are good enough to avoid damage)

(edited by possante.8310)

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

A good elementalist has the best of all worlds, he can tank, can have a variety of boons with high duration, he can heal abundantly, AoE dps very well and has amazing mobility. Oh and their downstate is one of the best in the game.

If you build it as a bunker for tournament games, you can survive fights against 2-3 people for a very long time, which makes it the best bunker class for holding a point.
Your AoE dps as a bunker is decent and your heal is ridiculous.
If you die you are able to quickly move back to your point.

Burst eles are amazing for team fights with their huge AoE spells and knockbacks, but i would say they are fine.The real problem is bunker eles.

Surrender is not an option!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kylex.5962

Kylex.5962

A good elementalist has the best of all worlds, he can tank, can have a variety of boons with high duration, he can heal abundantly, AoE dps very well and has amazing mobility. Oh and their downstate is one of the best in the game.

If you build it as a bunker for tournament games, you can survive fights against 2-3 people for a very long time, which makes it the best bunker class for holding a point.

Burst eles are amazing for team fights with their huge AoE spells and knockbacks, but i would say they are fine.The real problem is bunker eles.

lol all this qq, may i just ask which 2-3 vs the ele is. because we have 13.8k hp and thief combo can hit that in 1 go, shatter mesmer can hit like aoe 15k combo. would love to see which 3 classes your talking about ele tanking.

it seems we have huge regen BUT we need it. lowest hp pool and light armour. gg.

go ahead, nerf our heals. how does a light armour survive like that?

Edit: there is a ranger build which has prety much same purpose as this ele build. its almost impossible to kill/low damage(but still higher than this bunker ele which everybody cries over)/aoe buffs/15s water combo field.

why is nobody complaining about that?

Wannabe Thief – Chieftain Ninjas

(edited by Kylex.5962)

in Elementalist

Reaglass.9658

lol all this qq, may i just ask which 2-3 vs the ele is. because we have 13.8k hp and thief combo can hit that in 1 go, shatter mesmer can hit like aoe 15k combo. would love to see which 3 classes your talking about ele tanking.

it seems we have huge regen BUT we need it. lowest hp pool and light armour. gg.

I agree. I played D/D ele and it really isn’t that OP. It’s good but not OP. Also he is right about the health pool though I had almost 100 hp less than that even.

in Elementalist

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Eles not OP, tank ones maybe but that applies to all classes with a bunker spec they ruin the game.
Thieves in the other hand with their 11k backstabs are OP.
Mesmers with aoe mind wrack for 8-10k is also OP.

in Elementalist

possante.8310

I agree. I played D/D ele and it really isn’t that OP. It’s good but not OP. Also he is right about the health pool though I had almost 100 hp less than that even.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhImmbyR4gjDAkHm4SJCFP0QRxM5A;ToAA0CnowxgjAHLOOck4MEZCB

power:1839
critic chance: 25% (is 45% because you have perma fury)
critic damage: 33%
toughness: 1485
almost 20k health

you have 3 BS, you have shocking aura every 20s, you have almost vigor up in combat, you have perma swiftness (no one can run from you) how this isnt OP?
with this build if you are good you are almost invencible and as soon you stack +250 power and change that weapon for another with sigil fire or +5%damage killing guys is easy

in Elementalist

possante.8310

Eles not OP, tank ones maybe but that applies to all classes with a bunker spec they ruin the game.
Thieves in the other hand with their 11k backstabs are OP.
Mesmers with aoe mind wrack for 8-10k is also OP.

you know d/d ele is the build can kill a shatter mesmer easy right?
shatters arent a problem for any good d/d ele, you have lot of AoE (can kill clones so easy), even if you are immoblize you have so many options to avoid combo than before you run out of them you already kill mesmer without any problem.

obvious this is with good builds not those d/d ele full burst that die in seconds and complain they dont have any defense

in Elementalist

Kylex.5962

then all these points are invalid lol. D-D ele cant tank like S-d/Staff can, so i dont understand the topic here, complaining about D-D damage? or Bunker eles?

but look at it from most class perspectives. you can bunker out in so many classes, and also do so much damage on other classes. why ele in particular?

also when you state these “builds” can you tell me in what situation its in.. High end tpvp? or trolol pug stomping, or joke spvp

(edited by Kylex.5962)

in Elementalist

possante.8310

then all these points are invalid lol. D-D ele cant tank like S-d/Staff can, so i dont understand the topic here, complaining about D-D damage? or Bunker eles?

but look at it from most class perspectives. you can bunker out in so many classes, and also do so much damage on other classes. why ele in particular?

clear the damage, bunker eles after nerf arent a problem in fact after nerf i never saw again a ele bunker. (they need nerf but the nerf was to big i guess)

ele in particular because dont exist any other class with so much damage, so much defense, so much team support as ele d/d….

in Elementalist

Reaglass.9658

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhImmbyR4gjDAkHm4SJCFP0QRxM5A;ToAA0CnowxgjAHLOOck4MEZCB

almost 20k health

you have 3 BS, you have shocking aura every 20s, you have almost vigor up in combat, you have perma swiftness (no one can run from you) how this isnt OP?
with this build if you are good you are almost invencible and as soon you stack +250 power and change that weapon for another with sigil fire or +5%damage killing guys is easy

I can’t go to that link though I did find some on GW2DB that proved I was playing a different D/D build then.. None the less I had a free tPvP team with 2 of these then a staff support, thief, and me as ranger and we got eaten by the other team which was mainly guardians and mesmers.. so either the D/D’s sucked, which would make the point of OP invalid because OP means you can suck and win, or D/D really isn’t OP vs guardians and mesmers.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DieQuex.4096

DieQuex.4096

almost 20k health

14k Health with a little over 2.4k armor. Most don’t run with eagle runes or 20 in Air Magic, so with Fury the Crit Chance is typically around 35%. The build is strong (and I agree with most people that shocking aura is too good atm), but that build you just posted can be countered, and potentially gibbed by a Thief or Warrior if shocking isn’t up or if Mist Form is on CD.

I personally feel Elementalists are fine. If they aren’t playing defensively they’ll probably get insta-gibbed by a Thief otherwise. Typically why I keep a Soldier’s amulet when playing in hotjoin, in case I see an overabundance of Thieves.

in Elementalist

possante.8310

copy the link reaglass and d/d ele is the worse mesmer nightmare

in Elementalist

possante.8310

almost 20k health

14k Health with a little over 2.4k armor. Most don’t run with eagle runes or 20 in Air Magic, so with Fury the Crit Chance is typically around 35%. The build is strong (and I agree with most people that shocking aura is too good atm), but that build you just posted can be countered, and potentially gibbed by a Thief or Warrior if shocking isn’t up or if Mist Form is on CD.

I personally feel Elementalists are fine. If they aren’t playing defensively they’ll probably get insta-gibbed by a Thief otherwise. Typically why I keep a Soldier’s amulet when playing in hotjoin, in case I see an overabundance of Thieves.

nope, is 20k health that build need change amulet for soldier, the stats i put was from using soldier amuler, otherwise you will have 48% critic damage. to avoid thief burst you can use any of the BS, one make you invulnerable, other teleport you and the other give you protect and stability with any of this is impossible you killed quick form a thief and you have lot of dodge and CC

if everything failed you deserve to die, you have lot of things to avoid any class burst damage, on 1vs1 for sure you will not die against a thief or warrior

obvious if a thief catch you from behing when you fight another guy and you dont expect it you will almsot die, but you still have more health and much more toughness than a mesmer shatter build than can be killed in 1s by a thief

in Elementalist

Kylex.5962

i only have a few issues with Eles in general.
-D-D:Burning speed for the damage it does with the cd it has. extremly strong
-Ether renewal needs a nerf guaranteed.
-the heals are very high. but unless you fix Shatter-thiefs its kinda needed.
-and then the obvious.. Mist form rezzing

only main issues on eles for me at the moment.

in Elementalist

Reaglass.9658

Mist Form isn’t bad.. It buys time but not rez. If you want bad look at Warrior skill of getting back up and being able to actually fight too.

in Elementalist

Kylex.5962

Mist Form isn’t bad.. It buys time but not rez. If you want bad look at Warrior skill of getting back up and being able to actually fight too.

its bugged. insta cast on rez + it has individual cd, so you can cast rez 2×. 1 whilst in mist and 1 out of mist

and yes. i dont mind telling people this since i want it fixing on 14th.. i dont want Anet to miss this, and have it abused for another month upcoming.

in Elementalist

Reaglass.9658

Ahh then that is an exploit and needs to be reported as one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

I play as a thief and I try other professions to know how to behave in certain situations and I just have no idea how to to deal with ele.

Well I think we’ve found the problem here. I encounter many people who have never fought decent D/D eles and have no clue what they can do, and they are almost always easy kills. The ones who have played Ele, or are just more experienced and know what the class is capable of can definitely give me a run for my money.

I’m not saying play it to counter it. I’m just saying: Know your enemy a bit better.

I’ll start with some tips I gave the thief subforum a long time ago:

1. Ele’s defenses are different from those of say, a tanky warrior. That is to say most of what makes us a pain to kill doesn’t come from stats directly, but rather our utilities, buffs, movement skills, control abilities, and big heals.

2. True “Bunker” eles are rarely a threat. The ones that fight back and can hit moderately hard are running the typical 0/10/0/30/30 build. That said, these builds ARE vulnerable to burst damage if we can’t avoid it, I only have 2.1k total armor (1200 toughness) and 17k health on my current build.

3. Your burst combo is more effective the longer you draw out the fight. Eles have long CD’s on all of their skills, even though they have double the amount. Softening them up first and playing a little more defensive than you usually would, THEN bursting is pretty effective. Try to make us blow our Cantrip utilties and water attunement so we can’t get out of the burst or heal up from it.

4. As super said, average backstab thieves are an easy kill for a balanced ele. The concept of root and spank at the very beginning of the fight doesn’t work as well because we typically have 3 cantrips, giving us 3 stunbreaks + easy access to vigor, and tons of condition removal.

5. Daze, Immobilize, Stun, or really any other conditions in large quantities will typically make us blow Cantrips, which is the KEY to winning this fight. Without cantrips we can’t get out of bad situations nearly as easily and continue fighting.
The toughest thieves I’ve ever fought on my Ele have been ones that pace themselves, dodge frequently, and make me cycle through skills and utils just so that I can keep moving. They were running fairly high toughness, had decent defenses and kept me guessing the entire fight.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DieQuex.4096

DieQuex.4096

nope, is 20k health that build need change amulet for soldier, the stats i put was from using soldier amuler, otherwise you will have 48% critic damage. to avoid thief burst you can use any of the BS, one make you invulnerable, other teleport you and the other give you protect and stability with any of this is impossible you killed quick form a thief and you have lot of dodge and CC

if everything failed you deserve to die, you have lot of things to avoid any class burst damage, on 1vs1 for sure you will not die against a thief or warrior

Well, what you posted had a Valkyrie amulet with a Berserker’s Jewel. With a Soldier’s amulet they still have 35% crit chance but the damage is horrible due to the lack of crit damage from the Soldier’s amulet.

To be specific, I’m telling you numbers with Divinity runes and 10 in Air magic, since most typically use Divinity runes and 10 in Air magic.

I was not saying Thief burst is unavoidable, I know how to avoid it – that was not the point of my response. If you’re arguing 1v1 then yeah, against a Thief and Warrior a D/D Ele will typically come out on top. The game isn’t really balanced for 1v1s though, is it?

(edited by DieQuex.4096)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Guy sstop feeding trolls

Can’t mod do something about thiefs pretending to play eles?
check posters profile…..

Also that build is based on 3 non working traits/skills etc (not to mention that in any way that build can do decent dmg and cannot use most combos either).

So its an obvious trolling………..

I could agree on mist form ressing in www as well as other skills from other classes like mesmers, thiefs to tell 2 that can do similar things…..

Rock/paper/scissors le are strong against classes who requires your opponent to stand still i.e. thiefs….so instead of using another build (stun) who completely destroys D/D they pretend to use elementalist……

p.S. your answer also is:
last 3 patches we got buffs….that means something….
Also to quote Anet for PvE:

Well, not so much. You have to watch their play and what they are doing – not the specific skills they are using. If a player can just spam a skill standing still in front of lupicus and not really display any game mechanic knowledge, then that’s probably something we’re going to look into, as it would seem pretty unbalanced IMO. If a player is dodg rolling, swapping weapons, utilizing utilities, and reacts really well, then there’s nothing really we would do to stop that. If a video displays all the qualities of highly skilled players, then we’re more proud than anything. At least I’m a bit proud that is :p

Now in pvp a certain class can spam a skill standing still (guess wich)
Another instead dodges, evades, moves etc…..

But the first class has the right to beat the second because otherwise its OP.

Ask a mesmer if they struggle against a D/D ele of same skill.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Kylex.5962

I play as a thief and I try other professions to know how to behave in certain situations and I just have no idea how to to deal with ele.

Well I think we’ve found the problem here. I encounter many people who have never fought decent D/D eles and have no clue what they can do, and they are almost always easy kills. The ones who have played Ele, or are just more experienced and know what the class is capable of can definitely give me a run for my money.

I’m not saying play it to counter it. I’m just saying: Know your enemy a bit better.

I’ll start with some tips I gave the thief subforum a long time ago:

1. Ele’s defenses are different from those of say, a tanky warrior. That is to say most of what makes us a pain to kill doesn’t come from stats directly, but rather our utilities, buffs, movement skills, control abilities, and big heals.

2. True “Bunker” eles are rarely a threat. The ones that fight back and can hit moderately hard are running the typical 0/10/0/30/30 build. That said, these builds ARE vulnerable to burst damage if we can’t avoid it, I only have 2.1k total armor (1200 toughness) and 17k health on my current build.

3. Your burst combo is more effective the longer you draw out the fight. Eles have long CD’s on all of their skills, even though they have double the amount. Softening them up first and playing a little more defensive than you usually would, THEN bursting is pretty effective. Try to make us blow our Cantrip utilties and water attunement so we can’t get out of the burst or heal up from it.

4. As super said, average backstab thieves are an easy kill for a balanced ele. The concept of root and spank at the very beginning of the fight doesn’t work as well because we typically have 3 cantrips, giving us 3 stunbreaks + easy access to vigor, and tons of condition removal.

5. Daze, Immobilize, Stun, or really any other conditions in large quantities will typically make us blow Cantrips, which is the KEY to winning this fight. Without cantrips we can’t get out of bad situations nearly as easily and continue fighting.
The toughest thieves I’ve ever fought on my Ele have been ones that pace themselves, dodge frequently, and make me cycle through skills and utils just so that I can keep moving. They were running fairly high toughness, had decent defenses and kept me guessing the entire fight.

+1 support.
Spike vs bunker ele is deffo the way to go.

in Elementalist

Reaglass.9658

Exactly.. Also this isn’t just a giant field with no obstacles to block attacks. One thing players especially myself tend to do is want to fight in the open and not use the environment to their advantage.

in Elementalist

possante.8310

done: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhImmbyR4gjDAkHm4SJCFP0QRxM5A;ToAA1CnowxgjAHLOOck4MEZCB

soldier amulet with berserker jewel, all stats i put was from this build

just say this d/d eles with very similar builds are a nightmare on tournaments

with this stats you can still do insane damage, you will crit most of time and because you will not gonna die so easy you can stack +250 power without much problem

in Elementalist

Reaglass.9658

Well I don’t play D/D ele.. So idk why I’m defending them.. but I stalked possante’s posts and my favorite one is about the Moa Morph and the rocket nitro kitten thing. xD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Moderator.2890

Moderator.2890

Thread moved to elemetalist forum.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Traxx.6358

Traxx.6358

Thank you for your opinion. I focused only on spvp, because it’s the right forum for it ( I also agree that elementalists in wvwvw are way too op, but thats another topic ). ArenaNET is known for making this small changes, which is good and I don’t expect anything different than that. There was also a skype conversation between guy responsible for spvp in gw2 and professional players who gave feedback about ele’s downstate and I think that it will get nerfed next patch. I can only suggest that maybe allowing eles to use that mist form after like 6s would be a good move. As for the rest I think that I can’t add anything more that was mentioned above.

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

I think the Elementalist is a balanced class.

Moderate damage at hybrid builds and a moderate defence.

High damage as spiker - but a very difficult playstile to hit your opponent and time management to hit the skills in the right moment. But after a damage combo all help abilitiys are on cooldown and 3 attunements are used. So no chance to escape.

A full defence Staff or Focus ele does so less damage that it wouldnt be a thread to other players.

I think its fine at all.
First they should fix bugs and look at other classes. In my oppinion the high burst options should get a higher risk.

So high range damage from a melee class with heavy armor and big lifepool is not fitting.

High dps classes for range or melee should have low armor and low hp
Heavy Armor classes should be supporting and do moderate damage
Rangers should also low armor and low hp because of there range.

Thats like it is in all other games.
The problem is that every class can do all jobs.

They all can be players als : Support, damage,condition or defence.
the problem is that the equipment and base stats are not equal for all.

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Klassic.8057

Klassic.8057

North American servers comprise of bandwagon morons, 2 months ago you would be lucky to see a elementalist in Spvp, now everybody and their mother plays one. what a shame.

Kanto

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

Thank you for your opinion. I focused only on spvp, because it’s the right forum for it ( I also agree that elementalists in wvwvw are way too op, but thats another topic ). ArenaNET is known for making this small changes, which is good and I don’t expect anything different than that. There was also a skype conversation between guy responsible for spvp in gw2 and professional players who gave feedback about ele’s downstate and I think that it will get nerfed next patch. I can only suggest that maybe allowing eles to use that mist form after like 6s would be a good move. As for the rest I think that I can’t add anything more that was mentioned above.

I Strongly Highly doubt they will nerf vapor form like really Strongly doubt they will because as any ele that has put more than 200+ hours will tell u that its our only even remotely down skill we use and its the only down skill that is good. even none eles will tell u that just because 2 or 3 people complain for it doesnt mean it will get nerfed.
But if they do nerf that give us better downed skills im sorry u gotta do something major to compensate for that.

And as for D/D ele being OP not really. cuz the most i was able to even take on was like 4 players and 1 was a thief spamming heartseeker so we all know that didnt last long. I agree that the ele bunker build they got going now is indeed verry strong but come on its like the build we was forced to go in really to even be remotely decent or to survive long enough because most traits are eithier not working at all or semi working…

So ive faced many D/D eles over these past few weeks Making my necro been in spvp with it for a while now and i got to say Well bombing necro is rediculous damage take a look at that OP if u build it right lol.

(edited by Lordryux.9785)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Tanky eles are tough yes. I take on 2 all the time in WvW. BUT I have fought just about all other class in WvW and in the hands of a good player they are JUST as tanky and deal just as much damage as ele. I have fought crazy tanky necro who took on 3 players and killed them all. I fought crazy tanky warrior and rangers even crazy tanky chain stealth thief.
point is every class can do it. You see more eles build for heal/tank because EVERY OTHER BUILD SUCKS for us. We are just forced to play that way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Yeah, the only problem is bunker elementalists. While they survive for a long time, they do pitiful damage. You -can- spec for healing, toughness and condition damage, but there aren’t many spells that deal with conditions of the damaging sort. I would say a S/F bunker is worse than D/D, because you more easily apply conditions and heal for more.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

…says the thief about his counter class….

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

done: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhImmbyR4gjDAkHm4SJCFP0QRxM5A;ToAA1CnowxgjAHLOOck4MEZCB

with this stats you can still do insane damage, you will crit most of time and because you will not gonna die so easy you can stack +250 power without much problem

Why do I feel like I’m feeding a troll, but in any event, that build sucks. It’s not a true bunker build (no Ele “bunker” would use that build) nor will it do substantial damage. Seriously, 20% recharge time on Air skills and cantrips mastery? Renewing Stamina? Do you even play an Ele?

You’re aren’t gonna get 25 kills to stack the 250 power from bloodlust without dying cause you’re healing is mediocre (no evasive arcana heal and no regen/vigor on cantrips) and your armor is only 2.4k. Yet you don’t have a ton of power, 1839 power and you expect to get 25 quick kills?!?

Umm…

in Elementalist

muscarine.5136

…says the thief about his counter class….

Actually, not, don’t assume every thief out there is rolling backstab / can’t do anything better than 2.

As a matter of fact i rolled a p/p build two weeks ago (and i am looking forward to see what the 14th brings on the table) because

a- i was bored of d/d Backstab
b- Necros and Eles are underrated classes and i needed to adapt to whaty is coming. And now that the cool kids learned it (not necros yet though), it will spread like the plague.

Simple exemple, like someone said, a few weeks ago one ele in a team was already a lot (spvp wise).
Today from all my spvp games i could count at least 5 of them every game. And of course, all of them rolling d/d.

As for the thieves, this is the ele forum so i’ll just say that i deplore how effective 222 is, and that i’m all for tweaking BS burst as long as tanks get tweaked along the way.
Which actually concerns this particular elementalist build.

Most eles assume i will be easy pray since they don’t even think i’m rolling pistols to start with, and yes, most of them aren’t really an issue.
But i’ve also met a few that do master the build and no matter how much death i would throw at them they would keep coming back 4, 5 times and just finish me because my CDs and initiative were all blown, and theres kept reloading way too fast for how effective they are.
This goes along with being able to dispel most conditions, reflect projectiles, resist interrupts and that horrible ice shield that stacks frost for kittening ever.

See i’m not saying it’s easy mod, i’m actually saying it’s godmod placed in the right hands.

edit- oh and don’t get me wrong, i took duels as an exemple but i’ve seen the same scenario 1v2, 1v3 and even sometimes 1v4 although i wouldn’t vouch for my team’s effectiveness.

(edited by muscarine.5136)

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

@muscarine.5136

Than play pistl/pistol + sword dagger with your thief and your on top again until they fix the stealth ;P.

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

Today from all my spvp games i could count at least 5 of them every game. And of course, all of them rolling d/d.

To be fair, they all roll D/D cause, for the most part, it’s the only viable weapon set for Elementalist PvP. You’ll see the occasional staff or scepter user, but they’re so much weaker than D/D that we’re all D/D now.

This goes along with being able to dispel most conditions, reflect projectiles, resist interrupts and that horrible ice shield that stacks frost for kittening ever.

Most Elementalists have a ton of condition removal, i’ll grant you that. This of course comes about because we’re all 20-30 pts into the water trait line and running triple cantrips because again, it’s for the most part, the only viable PvP setup for the class.

Regarding D/D Ele’s, we have no projectile reflection, only staff and focus users get that.

And as far as the ice shield (frost aura) goes, it has a 7s duration on a 40 second cooldown, and you only get 2s of chill when you hit it. If you’re getting chilled “forever,” stop attacking the Ele with the aura on them, wait for it to end, then go to town on them for the 33 seconds in between casts.

See i’m not saying it’s easy mod, i’m actually saying it’s godmod placed in the right hands.

Fair enough, but this can be said about many classes when played by highly skilled players with extensive knowledge about game mechanics and the abilities of other classes. A good mesmer (that knows the ins/outs of the game) can seem like “godmode,” as can a well played toon of just about any class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

almost 20k health

Read your own build: 14k of life its not 20k. You can be 1 hited in WvWvW with that life.

If you want to hit hard you always sacrifice resistance 4 that. (+ 1800 in power is nothing if you really want to hit hard)

(edited by Naurgalen.2374)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I’m confused, a few weeks ago everyone thought we were underpowered… whats changed????

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

possante.8310

Why do I feel like I’m feeding a troll, but in any event, that build sucks. It’s not a true bunker build (no Ele “bunker” would use that build) nor will it do substantial damage. Seriously, 20% recharge time on Air skills and cantrips mastery? Renewing Stamina? Do you even play an Ele?

You’re aren’t gonna get 25 kills to stack the 250 power from bloodlust without dying cause you’re healing is mediocre (no evasive arcana heal and no regen/vigor on cantrips) and your armor is only 2.4k. Yet you don’t have a ton of power, 1839 power and you expect to get 25 quick kills?!?

Umm…

please share with us your amazing d/d build. i cant stack 250 power? you must be play some strange tournaments were you do mostly 1vs1 -.-

20% recharge time on air skills why? you complain about i dont have much armour and im gonna die but you having one of best defending skill (shocking aura) available every 20s is a shock for you? (not mention updraft will be available every 32s and that aura will give 10s base fury)

same for cantrips 20% recharge, complain about dont have regen (only useffull for long combat, will do nothing against burst combos) but reduce CD of 3 amazing BS is not good for you, is better spend on cantrips regen/vigor, dont know if you notice but with this build you already have lot of vigor.

you will have always at least 4might stack (most of time will be 7) so power will be 2k, than you will crit almost everytime, 45% critic chance is a lot, if you cant kill anyone is because you are bad period.

evasive arcana now is mainly used just for the water dodge nothing more, if you want that so much you can remove 10 points in air and put there, but shocking aura is to much good….

in Elementalist

muscarine.5136

I know d/d is considered to be the only effective set for eles but you know, since people tend to say p/p is worseless on thieves and i actually get great results from it i tend to believe the other sets haven’t been exploited enough yet.

My bad for the projectile reflect but there isthis shield or aura that blocks projectiles, it’s not an issue by itself, it’s more of a problem stacked along with all the other defensive abilities and huge healings while still being able to maintain a steady pressure.

As for the frost aura it comes from unload i believe, and i swear i’ve already been frozen for like 10-15 seconds a few times, it should seriously be capped.

I understand the need of temporizing but it is simply not an option since the next heal back to full health gets closer every time i delay.