Elementalist - op or not ? Discuss.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

please share with us your amazing d/d build.

0/10/0/30/30 or 0/0/10/30/30 is the D/D “bunker build.” And they’ll typically use Dwayna or Water runes to up healing power.

i cant stack 250 power? you must be play some strange tournaments were you do mostly 1vs1 -.-

A bunker build sitting on a point is not going to rack up 25 kills in a match…

20% recharge time on air skills why?

Becuase those points are far better spent in arcana or earth (for protection on aura, and/or auto-armor of earth).

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

As for the frost aura it comes from unload i believe, and i swear i’ve already been frozen for like 10-15 seconds a few times, it should seriously be capped.

yeah, the chilled can stack quite high sometimes. Using a skill that hits multiple times very quickly is a dangerous proposition against a D/D ele with frost aura still available. Try to save unload for after the aura ends, you’ll have 33 seconds of downtime between aura casts. Also, shocking aura only works for melee attacks, so you can “unload” safely through that.

I understand the need of temporizing but it is simply not an option since the next heal back to full health gets closer every time i delay.

If the Ele can heal back to full that quickly, they likely ARE a true bunker spec running water/dwayna runes, etc., and have 1k+ healing power (and low hp). They shouldn’t be doing basically ANY damage to you at that point.

People in this thread have said things like “D/D ELe has insane burst, and they’re the best bunker in the game!” which is strictly NOT TRUE.

A D/D ele CAN have insane burst, and to get that they’ll be super squishy. And they CAN be an insane bunker, but to get that they’ll hit like a wet noodle. People get killed in 5 seconds by D/D ele “A”, and then can’t kill D/D Ele “B”, and assume they’re the same build when they most certainly are not. They’re either one or the other, never both.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Semprenaviguare.2936

Semprenaviguare.2936

I use a build tank/dps for pay tournement

amulette berserker or soldier .
signet of energy + signet 5% dammage .
rune of divinity x 6
0 10 0 30 30 or 0 0 10 30 30
spé can trip .
i use never my heal .

hotjoin isn t the same of pay tournement .

i can tank 5 people and kill 5 bad player on hotjoin .
last day i ve play 10 hotjoin , i am never dead , each match +300 points .

but on pay tournement is very differents , you cannot make 1 vs 5 .you can just survive 1 vs 2 a moment and waiting mate .

(edited by Semprenaviguare.2936)

in Elementalist

Posted by: possante.8310

possante.8310

this isnt a bunker build…..you must be blind to think this is a bunker build -.-

this is a point atacker build combo with necro, 250 power will easy to get. tell me how a build with 2k power and 45% critic chance and 33% critic damage is a bunker build?!!!!!!!!!
you must be one of those elementalist that think d/d to do great damage need use berserker amulet and invest 30 point on fire line right?

a d/d ele canon glass that for sure cant stack 250 power because is a easy kill….even a bunker can stack something with sigil because tournament isnt 1vs1, that only happen for a brief moment than is 2vs1 or a 2vs2

rune of divinity after nerf too 12% i always use eagle even on my mesmer

for you to use berserker amulet on your d/d ele you must be a great player otherwise you will die before kill someone

(edited by possante.8310)

in Elementalist

Posted by: typingofthedead.5614

typingofthedead.5614

hahaha this post is funny to me. about a month ago when i switched my main from ranger to ele, seemed like there were posts everywhere about eles being underpowered. i joked to my friend how i seem to enjoy the least effective classes the most lol. and in the past month, all theyve done is get nerfed.

maybe the nerfs made more people try D/D from staff, or maybe as people fought more good eles more people wanted to try it. i definately have seen more eles around in the past month. and */d eles in bunker or even soldiers gear can be pretty formidable, especially 1v1.

that said, they are definately no overpowered. if they run bunkery, they pretty much sacrifice any damage to do so, which is balanced. since most of their damage is AOE, and balanced as such, it somewhat limits their 1v1 ability, because even if we stack our biggest burst combos, its not usually enough to kill a lot of people, and we usually have to be pretty squishy ourselves to do it (tho, if u hit 2-3 people with that same burst combo with the help of a team, that is pretty powerful)

all in all they are completely balanced. u just have to know how to fight them. since they have the lowest hp/armor, most of their survivibility is active. if u can chain CC an ele youll get even a bunker down pretty quick. if hes damage, just need to spread out and focus him early, he wont be that hard to get down

in Elementalist

Posted by: possante.8310

possante.8310

LOL.“he wont be hard to get down”right… he can just go away out of combat

what i see here is or ele is full bunker or full canon glass and die with in seconds, you must dont play much tournaments i guess. almost every team now have a d/d ele and they arent bunker and they arent full canon glass either….

in Elementalist

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

I lack the knowledge about the class since i know them from having to fight more and more against them but i think there is an actual middle ground between all out glass or tank.

My main complain in the end comes from stacking so many defensive, healing and steady dps abilities that i find to be too forgiving, evading the whole rotation only ends up with yourself exhausted, in the end it is more a kind of attrition fight except the d/d ele on his side is nowhere near exhausted, see what i mean ?

Evading the usual ride the lightning and so forth is as easy as evading a BS burst except a thief will either shadow refuge to try again (without haste- assassin’s signet and basilisk venom, whole rotation on 60s CD) or switch to shortbow and usually infiltrator shoot his way out of the death area (if he’s not a brainless 2222er), and trust me the retaliation hurts, i’ve been on both ends of the stick.
The elementalist will switch to water and cc+absorb+full heal or keep a steady pressure under earth or fire until RTL is ready again, which comes especially fast, way too fast.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

please share with us your amazing d/d build.

0/10/0/30/30 or 0/0/10/30/30 is the D/D “bunker build.” And they’ll typically use Dwayna or Water runes to up healing power.

i cant stack 250 power? you must be play some strange tournaments were you do mostly 1vs1 -.-

A bunker build sitting on a point is not going to rack up 25 kills in a match…

20% recharge time on air skills why?

Becuase those points are far better spent in arcana or earth (for protection on aura, and/or auto-armor of earth).

You don’t need 25 kills. Only 5. 1 kill = 5 stacks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

copy the link reaglass and d/d ele is the worse mesmer nightmare

I’ve gotta disagree with this. D/D ele is very strong in just about any 1v1 situation, but if the Mesmer I’m fighting knows his stuff, its going to be a very challenging fight.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

I’ve gotta disagree with this. D/D ele is very strong in just about any 1v1 situation, but if the Mesmer I’m fighting knows his stuff, its going to be a very challenging fight.

Agreed. I’ve been organizing duels for quite a while now and nothing quite comes close to how much of a pain in the rear it is to fight a smart mesmer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Agreed. I’ve been organizing duels for quite a while now and nothing quite comes close to how much of a pain in the rear it is to fight a smart mesmer.

Agreed. A well played shatter Mesmer is ridiculously difficult to beat. Moreso than any other class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Enlight.4576

Enlight.4576

Nothing is OP in elementalists, and Anet can do nothing to teach you to play against them.

I’ve yet to lose a fight vs a D/D tanky elementalist on my thief and mesmer, as I simply know to dodge their main bursty skills. As their water attenument goes on cooldown they run out of HP really fast.
I still can’t kill some of the most tanky ones, but they can’t kill me either.

Obviously, it’s easier to beg Anet for nerf a class instead of learning how to play, so I can understand you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Semprenaviguare.2936

Semprenaviguare.2936

mesmer , necro , ranger and engiener can be difficult for a elementalist .

but elementalist can tank a large moment and escape with RTL , because RTL cooldown is OP .

so elementalist can escape all 1 vs 1 . expeted good thief , but good thief vs good elementlist not can kill elementaliste .

Thief regen power and condition is too inkilled .

(edited by Semprenaviguare.2936)

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

this isnt a bunker build…..you must be blind to think this is a bunker build -.-

With only 1840ish power and 20k hp I assumed you were talking a bunker build. All in all, the build you linked is kinda all over the map, especially with regard to trait choices. I’ve never seen that build before, I certainly wouldn’t use it.

You don’t need 25 kills. Only 5. 1 kill = 5 stacks.

I admittedly do not use the Sigil of bloodlust on my offhand in s/tPvP, so I was unaware that you got 5 stacks per kill in sPvP. In WvW and PvE, you only get 1 per kill. 5 kills is, obviously, eminently doable. Perhaps I may have to check it out I’ve kinda given up on sPvP recently in this game, it’s boring/repetitive. Most of my time recently has been in WvW.

but elementalist can tank a large moment and escape with RTL , because RTL cooldown is OP .

Not sure it’s OP, but I think this is what frustrates a lot of people when fighting D/D ele’s. They’re ridiculously slippery and can get away easier than any other class save a thief.

(edited by Bsquared.3421)

in Elementalist

typingofthedead.5614

Here’s a good tip:

If you want to kill a d/d elementalist, bring a necromancer into your group. All those boons you see? Instant gone and converted into conditions etc etc.

depends on the elementalist. eles can have more or less condition immunity if they want to go for it. the entire water line has condition removes. ether renewal will remove like 6+ conditions on a 15 second cd. many of our skills and utilities also remove conditions by default or when traited

edit: the real way to kill an ele is CC. if they cant use their heals/utilities they go down very quick

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Only way to stay alive as a DD elementalist is to stay mobile at all times. VS a good player, he knows that and will use every opportunity to lock the ele down.

Unfortunatly so few players know this and therefore threads like this. Same thing that happened to thiefs backstab burst. After people startet to actually see the counter for it the threads stopped. It all started with 100 blades warriors. And where are those threads now? Gone. And how many nerfs did it get? None. People learn to counter it. Quickness rapid shot rangers? From the launch qq invasion. Gone aswell.

If we are nerfed now I guess the next target will be a shatter mesmer. Or wait for engineers to get their kit-fix and you will start complain about the increase in damage they get from that.

I hate you Daphoenix and Jetstorm for putting the survival DD specc out there :p

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in Elementalist

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

It seems like OP and several others don’t know how to combat a D/D Ele. The D/D setup is fine as is. The class already took a major blow, and would be completely useless if we took another major blow to our D/D traits & skills.

What we need is a buff on staff or scepter to make using them more appealing. The reason why you see so many D/D Ele’s is because the other weapons just don’t bring as much to the table.

Ele’s have one good pvp “build”. Any more hit’s would cause me to put up my Ele hat and make me either go back to my mesmer or lvl my necro or guardian.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

I play a thief, sb main with s/p swap. In my experience good DD eles are OP: too much healing, protection, speed, stability, damage, whatever. I havent actually played an ele though so I can only speak from thief point of view. Suspect they will get a nerf next patch. So will thief, but if they nerf burst and bunkers, game will be better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

No ele’s are not OP. There are alot of FOTM ele’s right now because they are getting beat by the eles that have been playing since launch. Now that we have 1 or 2 solid builds that we have had time to get very proficient at people are claiming OP. But what has changed since 2 months ago when Eles were laughed at?? Nothing. The good eles got better and the FotM players are trying to copy them. I still get beat all the time by people that know how to counter me.

Instead of calling us OP, try learning how to counter us. We have strengths and weaknesses just like any other class.

Also if you are having issues with us now… just wait till they fix all of our bugs… or our ridiculously kitten traits. There is a reason everyone goes heavy water and arcane.. because all other traits are kitten

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Elementalist – op or not ?

We have certain specs that are definetly OP in the right hands in some sense. Ele is one of the classes who can do fights like 1v3+ in free roam (non tpvp), not through a single burst combo like a thief might be able to 1v3 (alot based on the enemy skill) but more through their own capability.
I like classes to be more like that, more possibilities and versatile. You could say, I like classes to be OP in that way – ready for everything, OP as a whole if used correctly. Not OP through some certain combo/situation.

[TA]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malicious.6742

Malicious.6742

Eles themselves are fine. If you dodge their knockdowns it’s alot harder for them to get their hits in. Bunkers are a bit over the top atm. Bunker ele on graveyard and you are in serious trouble but yea that’s how the game currently is and it’s still enjoyable.

What really bothers me is their AoE dmg. Let’s say there is a 4v4 at keep and you are against 2 eles and 2 random classes. Those eles will buff the entire party with kittening 26 stacks of might and use AoE/splash attacks on downed people and kill everyone trying to res almost instantly. Almost the same applies to necros though. AoEs just seem way too strong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Personally, I run 10 10 0 30 20 or 10 15 0 25 20
I use the new Knights ammy to get out more damage, however I don’t have any extra toughness. So a 100blades warrior will drop me or put me into full defensive straight up. I also carry shamans and celestial just incase (usually have all the ammies but been lvling my toon so it takes to much inventory space). Anything I cant do with stats I get through boons. My utils are Signet heal, Cleansing fire, Frost Bow and Lightning Flash (teleport). Elite is Fiery Great Sword on Foefire (breaks the big door in about 5 sec, 2 if there are 2 using it) and usually elemental on other maps. Fiery gs also helps you get away from people summon it, teleport, use the charge and spin and bye.

The reason I stay alive is because I don’t blow all my cds, I leave my Frost aura, RTL and Lightning flash for getting out of hairy situations. If I’m out of range you cant kill me now can you? And then you chase me through my fire field, mmm free damage and burning, turn into fire grab into earthquake into churning teleport dead walk off and heal.

My first build was pure damage scepter dagger, so much fun, till the 50% damage nerf.

My second build was almost exactly the same as my friends bunker ele but with dagger dagger appropriate traits instead of staff ones, 0 0 10 30 30. Some time later those dapheinox’s 2 forums came out. So I tried his build, liked it (0 10 0 30 30) mixed it up a bit with 0 15 0 25 30, very good against everyone but necros (1 condition removal every 40 sec). Then I went into my current build, 10 15 0 25 20 due to evasive arcana nerf. Sometimes I put 30 into arcane for the arcane skills cause conditions so arcane wave is an aoe imob while your casting churning earth.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

There are so many bad players out there, I just don’t know what to say sometimes. Ele’s are easy to counter if you understand the basics of what they are going to do and just learn to counter it. 90% of the time a D/D ele will open with RTL – Updraft, get ready to doge, teleport, go immune / whatever, just don’t stand there and eat it because it just opens up the other rotations. Don’t stand there and eat a full churning earth, dodge it (can be timed) use a movement ability, go immune, there are plenty of options. Stay mobile, time your dodges, use CC wisely, don’t, don’t just stand there and try and face tank us.

D/D Ele takes skill to play, a really good D/D ele will time abilities, change rotations, adapt to a situation. For example, I’ll switch to lighting for shocking aura when I know a thief is going to start HS spam, or if I know a warrior is going to try to 100b me. I save my cantrips for when a Mesmer does his blurred frenzy rotation.

CC + Burst is what can really hurt a D/D Ele, you lock me down I’m dead. I rely on my mobility and you lot being bad lol. Good players can kill me, a really good thief, really good Mesmer can take me down at a frightening speed, especially thieves. Just the other day, had an awesome 1v1 with a really good necro. He countered me, kited well, used CC well, it was a close fight and he eventually killed me, I didn’t head to the forums and cry about it.

Sometimes people just get beat by better players and a really good Ele player will make the profession look OP when it is not. Now in contrast, on my level 34 thief…I can go into WvW and take out Level 80’s and I can cause havoc in sPvP, even more so than I can on my Ele.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

(edited by Loco.4561)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

I cant believe seriously this much people would consider ele OP im sorry but its verry far from it and none of u are stopping to think that maybe it could be that certain player? ive went up against countless eles with the same build as mine and i beat them so easily it was sad. take a look at some of the ele vids in these forums thats a single person who knows how to use ele because they have been practicing for months and still using that same class that goes with saying for every class.

I admit some classes have it easier in some areas of the game they excell more at certain things but the only classes i ever really have a problem with are warriors and thiefs.

We all know on thief if u go glass cannon u can sit thier and auto attack people to death fairly easily without even using any skills at all thats how sad that is. and we all know the little combo that warriors do aswell Once in a blue moon i will meet a warrior not using GS.. Go take a look at those classes and come talk in terms of Raw damage even necro and mesmer can more than likely put out way more damage than we could.

Ele is far from OP im sorry ive read this post time and time again and now people are attacking our auras lol?? that last like wat 4 to 5 seconds come on thats farrrrr from OP people once they go down continue to try and kill us only players who are not thinking logically attack us while our auras is up and we all know it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Hey guys guess what you guys are going to get a nerf, after watching the YouTube clip with one of the game designers you couldn’t half tell by his reaction to the d/d ele he dam well knows there overpowered in some area’s.

So brace yourself for the nerf its going to happen.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

I am seriously embarrassed/blown away by this thread. That thread that you posted OP is a Troll thread that was made by a non-elementalist player pretending to be an ele and spouting off false facts, and random numbers that do not add up to try and get the ele nerfed for his personal agenda.

Bunkers are strong across the board (only reason is because of the conquest game type that we are forced to play) and so Is burst. I never have a problem with eles in any of my toons in fact I run over eles.

My damage is PATHETIC when I bunker, 350 damage fire auto attacks, and 800 damage fire grabs.

All of our serious damaging spells and knockback and knockdown are on 40 second cool downs. We are the squishiest class in the game, mobility is our survival that’s all we have with our heals. Take our mobility away and you have a free 10k base health light armor kill with no way to get away from a fight. Not only that but if we go D/D we are LOCKED into melee combat with no weapon swap, we need gap closers and escapes to survive and make up for the lack of being able to use any type of ranged combat.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

(edited by BlueprintLFE.2358)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Hey guys guess what you guys are going to get a nerf, after watching the YouTube clip with one of the game designers you couldn’t half tell by his reaction to the d/d ele he dam well knows there overpowered in some area’s.

So brace yourself for the nerf its going to happen.

They cannot nerf dodge, condition dmg and great playstyle.
Good ele players will always dominate in PvP regardless on what we use

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

While playing pubs sometimes I can see 1/2 players running eles

^—- Lol what? do you play on EU? because it’s not like -this- on the NA servers.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Neither, screwed up would be a better description. They can’t do anything with the class without making full stance-dance builds more powerful, but they can’t afford to make those builds any more powerful or else the Elementalist will spiral out of control in high-end PvP. They completely botched our class-mechanic.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yeroc.7516

Yeroc.7516

No, it is on route to being balanced though. D/D is viable, staff is situational and scepter is, well, meh. I think D/D is in a good spot. I would like to see the other weapons balanced a bit better along with our trait line. An ele is supposed to be a jack of all trades, but that means we need more than two effetive builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pamant.7953

Pamant.7953

I’m confused, a few weeks ago everyone thought we were underpowered… whats changed????

I’m gonna let you in on a little secred and tell you what changed: nothing.

Only change we got is having more people using D/D because of the EA-bug-then fix.
There were so many guys running God-mode staff-spam-heal-EA and scepter 25xmight stack-lets-roll-in the ring’o’fire, that you couldn’t notice D/D elementalists.

D/D eles have been like this always, but lately more people started to play & master it.

One thing has changed, that not many will notice though, they stealth-changed burning speed (3 skill fire), so it works more like updraft (5 skill air).
After you use it you are repositioned facing the closest enemy, usually the one you burn while using the skill, thus making landing fire grab (5 skill fire) less complicated; until a little while ago you had to turn with your mouse to land it in this combo.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

…says the thief about his counter class….

This goes along with being able to dispel most conditions, reflect projectiles, resist interrupts and that horrible ice shield that stacks frost for kittening ever.

See i’m not saying it’s easy mod, i’m actually saying it’s godmod placed in the right hands.

What O___o lol….
I suppose ele you met had a build Dagger/dagger/scepter/Staff

An ele with 4 arms is indeed OP

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I’m confused, a few weeks ago everyone thought we were underpowered… whats changed????

I’m gonna let you in on a little secred and tell you what changed: nothing.

Only change we got is having more people using D/D because of the EA-bug-then fix.
There were so many guys running God-mode staff-spam-heal-EA and scepter 25xmight stack-lets-roll-in the ring’o’fire, that you couldn’t notice D/D elementalists.

D/D eles have been like this always, but lately more people started to play & master it.

One thing has changed, that not many will notice though, they stealth-changed burning speed (3 skill fire), so it works more like updraft (5 skill air).
After you use it you are repositioned facing the closest enemy, usually the one you burn while using the skill, thus making landing fire grab (5 skill fire) less complicated; until a little while ago you had to turn with your mouse to land it in this combo.

Dude that’s a good catch I didn’t even notice that.

edit: the real way to kill an ele is CC. if they cant use their heals/utilities they go down very quick

yeh. i personally feel a necromancer is the best bet to disable an elementalist. esp in a big group fight it’ll be harder to escape and if an ele is on lockdown well he does just melt. in fact i’m heading over to necro forums now and QQ hehe

Just want to say one thing vs D/D its can be a one sided fight if you know what your doing. Consistently on my alt Rifle/Hammer warrior alt its will be a tie vs bunker but a loss for the ele vs any other build. We all know the best way to beat our own class is through cc and immobilize. While conditions can do the trick you can always run. Good cc will burn all cantrips in a jiffy.

I am shocked every time churning earth hits.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Elementalists aren’t OP compared to other professions assuming players are of equal skills. The real factor that makes the difference is player skill, a skilled player on any prof can dominate the field against less skilled players (Which is obvious)
However, the Elementalist is a prof that actually rewards skillful play more than many of the other profs. Elementalists don’t need a nerf, they need a buff (in reality a “fix” to the many broken skills) those who need to “learn to play” are those whinning Thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

…says the thief about his counter class….

This goes along with being able to dispel most conditions, reflect projectiles, resist interrupts and that horrible ice shield that stacks frost for kittening ever.

See i’m not saying it’s easy mod, i’m actually saying it’s godmod placed in the right hands.

What O___o lol….
I suppose ele you met had a build Dagger/dagger/scepter/Staff

An ele with 4 arms is indeed OP

I’d say probably he was running also double arcane + 3 cantrips and possibly EA plus elemental surge

in Elementalist

Posted by: fishybill.6908

fishybill.6908

I think it’s funny that people think Elementalists have 150 trait points to spend, perception is that they can burst, bunker, tank, heal, yeah they can if traited.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I think it’s funny that people think Elementalists have 150 trait points to spend, perception is that they can burst, bunker, tank, heal, yeah they can if traited.

Ppl think the same about Thieves, sure thing, those 30/30/30/30/30 + 10 utility slots builds are really getting out of hand

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Hey trolls, read the whole conversation before you troll.

before even trying

Check yourself the build….
That is serious trolling (check ele Bug section please, also ele skill section)…
Aside the fact that what poster says its impossible due to raw number.

Also check profile of the poster….
Its just a thief trolling but unfortunately he doesn t even know game basics (i mean he did mistake that even a D/D thief should avoid…see sigils).

Its like saying…hey they should nerf greatsword elementalist…its so OP….
.__.
Actually a thief already did someting like this a week ago….
Affirming D/D ele is op because his invulnerability skills are too long

Sometimes there are proofs about trolls…. >.>

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Hey trolls, read the whole conversation before you troll.

before even trying

Check yourself the build….
That is serious trolling (check ele Bug section please, also ele skill section)…
Aside the fact that what poster says its impossible due to raw number.

Also check profile of the poster….
Its just a thief trolling but unfortunately he doesn t even know game basics (i mean he did mistake that even a D/D thief should avoid…see sigils).

Its like saying…hey they should nerf greatsword elementalist…its so OP….
.__.
Actually a thief already did someting like this a week ago….
Affirming D/D ele is op because his invulnerability skills are too long

Sometimes there are proofs about trolls…. >.>

See and this is what pisses me off, is that trolls like these that just make up numbers and kitten about a class they don’t play, and the class will end up taking the nerf bat from their lies.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Elementalist

muscarine.5136

You guys are clueless, enough is to say, aside from the reflect projectiles which i told i made a mistake, i made my point.

If you can’t bother to read it, don’t bother wasting any more words, thanks ~

Now please find yourselves some other head to hunt, or at least bring in some argument other than ololol 150pts builds lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jiraya Sama V.7861

Jiraya Sama V.7861

I start to play ele like 1 month ago and now i’m really good with it. I made every class of this game i have like 2000 Spvp games and 800 Tpvp games but let me talk about this games: 600+ with war 450+ with guard 430+ with ele the rest is thief, eng, mesm, ranger, necro more n’ less 100 games with every of this class and the hardest class to play is the ELEMENTALIST. y have 10 skill on bar plus other 15 skill (3 att) y need to know how to burst how to dodge how to heal when etc etc is not like thief 25 30 0 0 15
combo 0 7 F1 5 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 of Condition Necro combo 1 2 3 4 5 or Warrior 100b 0 7 8 2 3 Swap 4 F1 or Mesmer Shatter 7 8 4 5 3 2 or Ranger Condition 7 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 XD etc etc anyway if y think ele are op just create an ele copy and paste a build and go in Spvp when y die like a kitten don’t cry coz Ele is not op y need to know how to play it how to build it coz Copy and Paste is rly izi to do with other class not with ele. ANYWAY if Anet will heard this QQers & Child voice i will leave this game, ele need a Fix not a Nerf.

in Elementalist

typingofthedead.5614

yeah the thing that is tricky about ele is all the AOE damage. which needs to be less than single target to be balanced. which means from bunker to balanced builds, our damage isnt all that great… it can be good with lucky crits and if the team is bunched up, but u really need to spec offense in some way to put out damage which leaves us pretty squishy, which is balanced

sure we have a lot of active survival tools across 25 or so skills, but we need all of those at the right time to manage a fight. the first 20 games or so of ele i played i thought they were underpowered. after 400+, i think they’re about right

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

You guys are clueless, enough is to say, aside from the reflect projectiles which i told i made a mistake, i made my point.

If you can’t bother to read it, don’t bother wasting any more words, thanks ~

Now please find yourselves some other head to hunt, or at least bring in some argument other than ololol 150pts builds lol

nice try but no….
i m tired of quoting and reorganizing info for lazy players……..

Check this whole section and you’ll found for yourself this thread shouldn t even exist….

And this due to facts not opinions….
We are talking of non existent skills, traits and builds…..(also with clear proofs of trolling intent).

This thread should’ve been locked after first post for that reason…..
Without even questioning if ele is OP or not……

The point should be discussed maybe with real facts and stat not starting from a troll disinformation….

@typingofthedead
AoE = advantage
Being locked in short range with a LIGHT/low HP class = huge drawback

its the same reason why HundredBlades is not a 1200 range skill….we cannot even deal the same damage as other melee….and most of all i could sum other drawbacks…….for example the long cooling time of skills that punish you if something distract you from rotation…..

People never takes drawbacks in account… .-.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

muscarine.5136

Hopeless… One last time, if you weren’t a self righteous no-need-to-discuss-knows-already type of guy you would realize i made my own arguments on the subject.

Anyway i’ll just wait a month or so when enough cool kids will be rolling d/d eles and the forum with flow with tears, then the actual discussion will probably have a chance to start.

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

To be fair, muscarine wasn’t the biggest “troll” in this thread. I wasn’t getting the impression he was even “trolling” at all. Just slightly misinformed, which we’ve all been guilty off on occasion.

Many people seem to have the impression that D/D ele’s get insane burst, and insane bunkering ALL in one trait setup, which is laughable. But thieves got this same treatment for the 1st month or so of the game (i.e., people complainging about the mythical 30/30/30/30/30 builds) and those people were just as stupid.

Here’s to hoping that Anet doesn’t nerf the D/D ele for a couple of reasons. 1.) they don’t really need it, they’re not really OP in their current form. 2.) Staff and scepter just suck in comparison, if they nerf D/D we’ll be left without a truly viable weapon set. 3.) They just got done BUFFING the D/D skill set in the last few patches, they obviously felt D/D wasn’t OP just a few short weeks ago, so why the sudden uproar now?!?

Anyway i’ll just wait a month or so when enough cool kids will be rolling d/d eles and the forum with flow with tears, then the actual discussion will probably have a chance to start.

to be fair, Anet doesn’t really go around buffing/nerfing stuff based on forum tears. And for good reason. All-in-all, D/D Ele’s are fine, people are just starting to take more note of them cause it’s the only weapon set you see any more for Ele’s in PvP gameplay. The reason for this is NOT because they’re OP, but rather because staff/scepter blow. If you know what type of Ele you’re up against (i.e., are they glass cannon or bunker?) there are a plethora of counters that exist to take them out.

In summary, those complaining about D/D ele’s quite simply need to learn to play. The same can and WAS said about those complaining about backstab thieves, 100B warriors, and shortbow rangers (seriously, people cried about rangers, ABOUT RANGERS!!!).

(edited by Bsquared.3421)

in Elementalist

muscarine.5136

I am saying you guys pack to much defensive and healing power in comparison to how steadily you can put pressure on your opponent, and if you ask me, some guardians, thief and engie builds bring the same issue on the table.

to be fair, Anet doesn’t really go around buffing/nerfing stuff based on forum tears.

And that is a good thing really, but this is how we as a community get to start discussions most of the time, otherwise many subjects goes unnoticed, A cries about how OP it is, B defends his class, C brings arguments on the table, B defends with his own arguments, and this is how we discuss, A is not that important.

(edited by muscarine.5136)

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

I am saying you guys pack to much defensive and healing power in comparison to how steadily you can put pressure on your opponent, and if you ask me, some guardians, thief and engie builds bring the same issue on the table.

but the bunker spec that “pack(s) to much defensive and healing power” CAN’T put a lot of steady pressure on their opponent. A true bunker spec has their flame grab (45second cooldown mind you) hit for like 2k on a burning target. If you’re playing against them correctly they will spend their entire lifetime dodge-rolling, using up cantrips, swapping between water and earth (to keep regen and protection up), wiping your conditions, and generally just staying alive rather than dealing ANY significant damage to you. That’s what they’re built to do, that is stay alive on a node.

Now, if you’re talking about the Auramancer spec, this spec CAN put a ton of pressure on their opponent and deal decent damage (if they’re geared for it), but they’ll drop a hell of a lot faster than the bunker spec, especially if you know WHEN to burst and how to make them blow their cantrips early (tip: use immobilize if you have it, burst AFTER they leave water).

in Elementalist

muscarine.5136

I understand man you already talked about temporizing, as i said it comes with two issues, the more you delay, the closer he comes to refresh his rotation, and second, your own rotation doesn’t refresh near as fast as theirs.

And that is pressure, of course you don’t hit for 8k crit, that’s not the problem.

This is either due to too strong defensive abilities OR too fast cooldowns.

This is field experience, i’m sorry i don’t bring paper numbers along with my words but you have to trust me a bit, i’ve done my share of spvp (2077 games / 1372 wins / 1736 top stat – r42).

And as i said first good d/d eles are a minority to actually really use their build to full potential, many of them arent an issue at all since they are clueless, soon as their RTL misses they switch to water.

I don’t want good players to be punished.
But i find that it becomes too powerful within their hands, not like every class becomes great within good hands, of course. Every once in a while i get pm’d or /map hated for nerf although i’m rolling freaking dual pistols.
In this particular case we go a bit too much over the top.

(edited by muscarine.5136)

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Hopeless… One last time, if you weren’t a self righteous no-need-to-discuss-knows-already type of guy you would realize i made my own arguments on the subject.

wont happen they already stated D/D needs more love, and despite we got side nerfs that was addressed to staff eles……they buffed D/D as they could.

If you want to discuss posts some numbers and facts….i did say that who posted the build in this thread is a troll….

Not that you are wrong…..
Despite the post you did had few incongruences and 0 numbers….and that wasn t enough for discussing.

Just check this to start with something…

Many thieves starting complaining about D/D ele (they have problems with D/D being mobile and preventing them to easily land their skills),…..

Their first reaso is always …i can’t kill tank D/D eles…..
But the easy point is:

D/D ele couldn t kill them either…..…..
A tanky D/D ele has really low dmg…..i use a precision D/D ele and cannot do remotely the same damage as a tanky warrior…..and i’m not as tanky for sure…..

D/D ele is either a bad tank (but at least playable) or a BAD glasscannon (this imho is really a bad build)….

Just look at vids in AC soloing of guardian and ele….

Ele kites, evade, heals when he almost die…..(risk), guardian facetank ._.

That is the basic of the problem…..ele teaches you to evade/kites etc…..and any video posted until now proofs that quite well.

If you get a vid of a bad ele winning a 1VS1 against a good player, then we have a problem….

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i test my ele in the mist
bunker build

i had np vs some classes ranger was very easy also warrior and thief np with them
guardian can take a while its more you fight a wall XD

but he fight again a wall to we both didt do much damege so it was a long fight XD
Necro was a long fight to but in the end i win was a close call

only class i lose very hard is mesmer rely that class hits like a ten ton hammer even if am bunker build

its the only class i have trouble with

but its sad that mesmer and ele are very weak in pve bummer
i hope Anet wil make scholar classes little bit beter in pve like warrior and guardian

but if you think Ele is OP i say no depents on you build and play style