Elementalist role in wvw

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

http://asphyxia.tv/builds/

I have 3 different Elementalist builds there that I play. My front line build, roaming build and staff back line build.

Ele is still a lot of fun, you just have to gear and trait right for what you want to do. Let me know if you have any questions.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Josh XT.6053

I’m on Borlis Pass/Fort Aspenwood. And if you want to be embarrassed, you don’t have to transfer, you can just 1v1 me in my guild hall lol.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhMMokhdOwnB8RM0AYVh8KEFojQR4HIVgAwHE-TFiDQB4T9HDcCA2x+DI4BAgO9AIU5HAM/5KlgkCwchWA-w

Hey, here is a roaming build you might enjoy. It does very well vs most other roaming builds out there, except for people carried by their stats such as condi thief.

Bad Elementalist

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If you’ve tried every build and get the same result, maybe it’s not the build that is the problem.

Fishsticks

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Why waste our time with your post if you are just going to get angry at people helping you?

Bad Elementalist

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Josh XT.6053

The title is Elementalist Role in WvW…if you share me builds wich i know that at the moment are weak for ROAMING , i dont understand if evryone think that elementalist is good in that or is just the start of the wave and probally i will need to wait another time when WATER probally will be nerfed to. Is Elementalist designed in your opinion to became a healer and only that or you still think elementalist can roam?
,,and yes now i will dedicate time to find all the elementalist that i know to fight against this other profesione builds make a video and share in such a way for you to try it since you like builds to share,,

I don’t think the builds are the issue here.

I have lost ONE 1v1 on my Elementalist with my roaming build, and it was to a friend who plays Revenant and is VERY good at it. I’ve done literally hundreds of 1v1s with my Ele and have only lost one since I started running my build. So I’ll happily 1v1 you to prove to you that Elementalist for roaming is good IF you know how to play. The build can only carry you so much, its user error if you can’t compete roaming on an Elementalist.

(edited by Josh XT.6053)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I also do roaming with my elementalist. The build postet by josh is near classic support tempest (but WH) in celestial which makes it very powerful. FSG is one of the keys in roaming for catching or fleeing (but lately fleeing seems more difficult …).
I run an exotic build and do very well. My nemesis are perplexity mesmers but so be it. Staff is for zerg/keep battles. I have one with me and don´t care if my stats are not optimized for power damage when using it. I don´t swap my armor/trinkets for that.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I have 3 different Elementalist builds there that I play. My front line build, roaming build and staff back line build.

Ele is still a lot of fun, you just have to gear and trait right for what you want to do. Let me know if you have any questions.

With all due respect…I strongly doubt you can kill anybody competent on other professions with your build…or any other builds for ele atm.
The OP was I guess a bit too stressed in his post..but I can easily sympathize with him as I feel the same frustration.

The sustain is there I guess in your build..but eles lacks the serious dmg to finish anything that is even remotely bunkerish.

Sorry but I seriously doubt you can kill any half decent scrapper/berseker/chrono/dd/druid. Respect to ele they have dmg on top of the sustain and this without much sacrifice

Personally I gave up on ele, he’ll never be anything more than a glorified support bot with pitiful dmg where you’ll kill some lowly player after a long long long fight and that’s the reason you don’t see roaming eles anymore, the OP is right in that regard

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

With all due respect…I strongly doubt you can kill anybody competent on other professions with your build…or any other builds for ele atm.
The OP was I guess a bit too stressed in his post..but I can easily sympathize with him as I feel the same frustration.

The sustain is there I guess in your build..but eles lacks the serious dmg to finish anything that is even remotely bunkerish.

Sorry but I seriously doubt you can kill any half decent scrapper/berseker/chrono/dd/druid. Respect to ele they have dmg on top of the sustain and this without much sacrifice

Personally I gave up on ele, he’ll never be anything more than a glorified support bot with pitiful dmg where you’ll kill some lowly player after a long long long fight and that’s the reason you don’t see roaming eles anymore, the OP is right in that regard

I mean no offense when I say this, but it has to be user error. If you don’t combo well and choose your attunements wisely, you’re going to have problems and it may seem like you’re lacking in damage. You can’t just click buttons and expect to win with Elementalist like you can with the likes of a warrior or scrapper.

You’re welcome to visit my stream and look at the many 1v1s I’ve won on it. I’ve even got some 2v1s I won lol.

2v1 win – sure they weren’t good but one was a ranger and one was a mesmer: https://www.twitch.tv/asphyxiaxt/v/60267683

Me vs a friend, he is actually pretty good, just can’t beat my ele https://www.twitch.tv/asphyxiaxt/v/35998634 (I was running dagger focus before I realized how amazing warhorn was in this video. Same traits and full cele still though.)

One friend and I beating up on several people who wanted to keep a tower from us: https://www.twitch.tv/asphyxiaxt/v/54310598

I have to go through my stream a bit to highlight more videos of my 1v1s, there are tons buried in hours of footage, I just haven’t had time to go through it all.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

(edited by XTR.9604)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

The title is Elementalist Role in WvW…if you share me builds wich i know that at the moment are weak for ROAMING , i dont understand if evryone think that elementalist is good in that or is just the start of the wave and probally i will need to wait another time when WATER probally will be nerfed to. Is Elementalist designed in your opinion to became a healer and only that or you still think elementalist can roam?
,,and yes now i will dedicate time to find all the elementalist that i know to fight against this other profesione builds make a video and share in such a way for you to try it since you like builds to share,,

I have lost ONE 1v1 on my Elementalist with my roaming build, and it was to a friend who plays Revenant and is VERY good at it. I’ve done literally hundreds of 1v1s with my Ele and have only lost one since I started running my build. So I’ll happily 1v1 you to prove to you that Elementalist for roaming is good IF you know how to play. The build can only carry you so much, its user error if you can’t compete roaming on an Elementalist.

Dude you troll everyone with your horrible builds.

You use scrapper runes way too often and is an abysmal choice on a full cele elementalist. Hoelbrak is far superior. If you learn how to effectively play classes and rotations you will realize you don’t need extra toughness from your runes.

As others on this thread have mentioned….show us some video proof of your wonderful talents and diverse builds in action.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Magical Things.8465

I mean no offense when I say this, but it has to be user error. If you don’t combo well and choose your attunements wisely, you’re going to have problems and it may seem like you’re lacking in damage. You can’t just click buttons and expect to win with Elementalist like you can with the likes of a warrior or scrapper.

You’re welcome to visit my stream and look at the many 1v1s I’ve won on it. I’ve even got some 2v1s I won lol.

2v1 win – sure they weren’t good but one was a ranger and one was a mesmer: https://www.twitch.tv/asphyxiaxt/v/60267683

Me vs a friend, he is actually pretty good, just can’t beat my ele https://www.twitch.tv/asphyxiaxt/v/35998634 (I was running dagger focus before I realized how amazing warhorn was in this video. Same traits and full cele still though.)

One friend and I beating up on several people who wanted to keep a tower from us: https://www.twitch.tv/asphyxiaxt/v/54310598

I have to go through my stream a bit to highlight more videos of my 1v1s, there are tons buried in hours of footage, I just haven’t had time to go through it all.

I couldn’t get past the first ele video……your rotation is all wrong, do zero might stacking….and fighting a pure glass mesmer when you have cele gear to carry you. Hardly a challenge.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Magical Things.8465

I also do roaming with my elementalist. The build postet by josh is near classic support tempest (but WH) in celestial which makes it very powerful. FSG is one of the keys in roaming for catching or fleeing (but lately fleeing seems more difficult …).
I run an exotic build and do very well. My nemesis are perplexity mesmers but so be it. Staff is for zerg/keep battles. I have one with me and don´t care if my stats are not optimized for power damage when using it. I don´t swap my armor/trinkets for that.

Then your doing it wrong.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

Dude you troll everyone with your horrible builds.

You use scrapper runes way too often and is an abysmal choice on a full cele elementalist. Hoelbrak is far superior. If you learn how to effectively play classes and rotations you will realize you don’t need extra toughness from your runes.

As others on this thread have mentioned….show us some video proof of your wonderful talents and diverse builds in action.

Let me help you out here. Notice how there is so much damage reduction stuff on my build? That is why I take little so damage in fights lol. Scrapper runes are my choice frequently because I am an “in your face” kind of player and having the damage reduction for me being so close to my enemies works out well for me. It is also nice that the runes give power and toughness, two traits that you can’t go wrong with as a power build. Sure hoelbrak would give me more might and some negative condi duration, but I clear conditions so fast it doesn’t matter, so it would be a waste for me. I’d rather have the toughness and damage reduction personally, which is why I use it on MY build. Its your choice if you want to play it. I share it and I’ve gotten tons of positive feed back by pm’s on forums, emails, mail in game, etc. People ask for my builds on my stream and when I am roaming and win fights all the time, so I have them all readily available for viewing. If they’re trash, you’re welcome to 1v1 me and pick which class I beat you on lol.

I couldn’t get past the first ele video……your rotation is all wrong, do zero might stacking….and fighting a pure glass mesmer when you have cele gear to carry you. Hardly a challenge.

Nothing is really a challenge on my build except for a zerker rev that knows how to play the game, which by the way is the only thing that has beaten me in a 1v1 on my ele build.

I don’t get what it is with these forum warriors saying stuff is garbage but won’t 1v1 me.

(edited by XTR.9604)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

https://www.twitch.tv/asphyxiaxt/v/69568483

Another video of 1v1s against a Guardian that is actually pretty good running my Ele build a few days ago.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Another video of 1v1s against a Guardian that is actually pretty good running my Ele build a few days ago.

Have to comment, that guardian was awful. He let you complete so many overloads when he had interrupts available. I stopped watching when I saw he got you with a binding blade during your water overload and instead of simply pulling you out of it he whirling wrathed for no reason.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I’m no hater but some things I have noticed.

1. Somehow it feels like you just blow your shouts when you feel like it. I mean you just use your Shock and Aftershock even when he just swapped back to GS so you didn’t use it for defensive purposes. You weren’t even dropping any combos for that immob so it wasn’t used offensively either.

2. He has some serious face-tanking problems. Why would he choose to stay inside your overloads and dropped AoE fields for a good 3-5s before leaving? WH actually has great condi damage given that enemies stay in it. He just went out with 500+ burning damage then uses F2 leap to go back inside wild fire? o_O

3. Does he know how to actually fight a tempest? He hit you multiple times with GS#5 while overloading, even on water, but he doesn’t activate it. He never uses Spear of Justice to stop your overloads. Heck, it seems that he doesn’t even use the trait Heavy Light which is an incredibly standard trait to fight against tempests, especially 3 shout tempests.

4. What the heck is his build? He knows he’s fighting a Tempest so Traps with Daze should be standard but he have any, heck he doesn’t have a single offensive trap. He doesn’t have Heavy Light either. With no stability in your build aside from Earth, IMO you would’ve been destroyed if he knew how properly use interrupts.

I really can’t rate your build based on that video because the DH clearly doesn’t know what he was doing. As far as playstyle goes I was hoping to learn some good D/W combos for PvP use but I guess I didn’t see any actual combos. I would love to see how you would fare against aids condi builds though. Something like Dire Perplex Thief/Reaper who knows how to actually play their class.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Then your doing it wrong.

You mean its wrong to not completely swap gear?
Indeed if you want to play staff ele serious then yes. But i rarely use staff. I do it if i need the extra range for a moment. I basically dislike playing very large fights and avoide blobs ;-).
Or did you mean something else?

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

I’m no hater but some things I have noticed.

1. Somehow it feels like you just blow your shouts when you feel like it. I mean you just use your Shock and Aftershock even when he just swapped back to GS so you didn’t use it for defensive purposes. You weren’t even dropping any combos for that immob so it wasn’t used offensively either.

So here is where the guy was actually pretty decent, he noticed when I used aftershock and immediately switched from LB to GS. My shocking aura is something I use as soon as its off cooldown if I can because the guy is going to always be attacking me and I’ll always want to have him stunned lol. Generally part of my combo is to air overload then swap to Earth to immobilize them inside of my field, but it was just too late almost every time. He got out of it more often than not. I try to use my fire shout aura when I am doing an over load since it does not interrupt it and its nice to have that extra burning on top of the over loads damage. Keep in mind that all of my auras heal me and clear conditions, so if I am in a bind and need a heal or cleanse quickly, I will absolutely blow all of my auras to get back to full HP. Using my 3 utilities and 2 more auras (air 3, earth 4) will easily get me from almost no HP back to full if my heal is on cooldown. I also will use my water 5 + water 3 combo and water overload.

2. He has some serious face-tanking problems. Why would he choose to stay inside your overloads and dropped AoE fields for a good 3-5s before leaving? WH actually has great condi damage given that enemies stay in it. He just went out with 500+ burning damage then uses F2 leap to go back inside wild fire? o_O

Well he knows I am a celestial ele and underestimates the fact that I actually DO damage, sure it isn’t huge bursts, its all combo damage, but it is damage and he figures I am just your tank ele. The overloads creep up on you, you don’t realize they’re doing a lot of damage until its too late usually lol. Mistakes were made for sure on both sides, but over all they were good fights.

3. Does he know how to actually fight a tempest? He hit you multiple times with GS#5 while overloading, even on water, but he doesn’t activate it. He never uses Spear of Justice to stop your overloads. Heck, it seems that he doesn’t even use the trait Heavy Light which is an incredibly standard trait to fight against tempests, especially 3 shout tempests.

Yeah that I am not sure on with that. I figured he wanted the ticks from the GS5 instead of pulling, which is not how I would have gone about it on my guardian at all. I think my Guardian would do well against my ele, but not well enough to beat it I imagine. Guardian and Ele have been my two main classes for awhile now. I don’t ever use heavy light on my Guardian personally, it is a good trait for PvP but I’d rather take the skill that removes conditions while blocking. That is a preference thing though. Since I don’t have anything really in the way of stun break, it would be smart to run that, but I don’t think it would be a deal breaker in the fight.

4. What the heck is his build? He knows he’s fighting a Tempest so Traps with Daze should be standard but he have any, heck he doesn’t have a single offensive trap. He doesn’t have Heavy Light either. With no stability in your build aside from Earth, IMO you would’ve been destroyed if he knew how properly use interrupts.

Immobilize on F2 is better than the trap daze on Guardian. 3 second immobilize with a heal to yourself and damage, I never run the traps daze outside of PvP. Like I said above with heavy light too, the cleanse on block is nice to have – I don’t know if he is running that or not but I assume he is. I haven’t lost to a Guardian in a 1v1 yet, haven’t lost to a warrior that was running heavy CCs either. Him using his pull with GS more often or F1 pull more often wouldn’t have saved him. I could outheal his damage too easily.

I really can’t rate your build based on that video because the DH clearly doesn’t know what he was doing. As far as playstyle goes I was hoping to learn some good D/W combos for PvP use but I guess I didn’t see any actual combos. I would love to see how you would fare against aids condi builds though. Something like Dire Perplex Thief/Reaper who knows how to actually play their class.

PvP and WvW are very different in their game play. I won’t even bother myself fighting a thief usually, the cheesy run away stealth garbage is annoying. Reaper that actually knows how to play COULD be a challenge, but I haven’t met one lol. I’ve beat up on every necro I’ve fought with ease because they just blow their cooldowns and then just freeze up when I cleanse everything they put on me in less than 2 seconds. I built this build around fighting condition classes back before they removed the Celestial amulet from PvP and was beating up on all of those condi reapers when they were the meta thing to do.

I welcome anyone to 1v1 me, I generally won’t 1v1 thieves because I get so tired of chasing invisible people around all day. Power thieves can’t kill me, condi thief may be able to but it would take a long time and I don’t feel like chasing around an invisible person trying to fight them while they just keep going in stealth, pressing pistol 1, dropping a couple more things then hiding again lol.. Boring to fight that.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Seriously though this is so funny. People get angry over wvw build. Like it matters very much in blob vs blob ha3. People ask for 1v1 in wvw thread ha3..

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

Seriously though this is so funny. People get angry over wvw build. Like it matters very much in blob vs blob ha3. People ask for 1v1 in wvw thread ha3..

WvW isn’t all blob vs blob. It is a very narrow minded thought process if you think that.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

WvW isn’t all blob vs blob. It is a very narrow minded thought process if you think that.

OK.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

My latest fun in gear as a classic Fire d/d ele not a tempest since tempest aren’t eles and eles are eles. lol What the kitten is a tempest. Run ascended cleric armor and weapon set you can make crusaders. Have zerker accessories. Use durability runes. Sigils of energy and sigil of Blood. You will kill DH without losing more than 15% hp. You can roll Tempest like trash with soft ccs and loss less than 30% hp. And tank most classes you can survie a 1v4 and flee like a bunny. But in Guild hall Duel you wont beat high level zerker warrior you wont die… But you take 3k-4k from an attack whil you hit him for 1-3k damage and if you do land your 8k firegrab the warrior can regen around 1.6k health per second without any healing power. His regen is a trait not a buff gl removing that kitten. High level Mesmer would be a pain. Tempest is a big kick me sign anyone who played T6 in spvp knows how to deal with them.

Yeah ele is not as strong as they used to be. We got nerfed hard so Tempest seem viable. Cause tempest is a beginner ele’s step stool that anet made meta. And if anyone wants to talk about it I’m on BP….. Roaming solo fight the 1v3 1v5 and fleeing from the zerg since FA became our sugar momma.

Sometimes I even fight 1v 16 and down a kitten before dying.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I enjoy tempest and i play my personal hybrid build which is nearly finalized now.
I do have weaknesses and it is made for small scale combat. I have no fear to duel. I can´t fight perplexity mesmers(crono) with it in a reasonable way but thats more or less it.
And of course there are better players out that will beat me but i usualy catch good players too by surprise. After they are down its more or less WTF was that it looked like fresh air, felt like cele bunker and killed me like a condi zerker?

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yeah! Sometimes it’s blob vs door, blob vs roamers, blob vs 10 people trying not to lose everything.

I’ve even heard unconfirmed reports of blob vs spawn.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stigas.9378

Stigas.9378

Yeah! Sometimes it’s blob vs door, blob vs roamers, blob vs 10 people trying not to lose everything.

I can see how this thread’s subject may have eluded you from the unclear title, but since you aren’t really adding anything, why not take your opinion to a thread where people are actually asking for your opinion on WvW?

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

@xtr
Uhh, I don’t see any situation wherein Immobilize on F2 would be a better choice instead of dazes on traps against a classic bruiser/buker water-earth full celestial shout tempest. I actually just dueled a D/P thief for 15 minutes earlier (I was using D/D and a mix of marauder, crusader, and zerk) which ended up as a draw because some random pugs from his server came. A timely daze is enough to completely render overloads useless thus dropping your DPS a lot.

@topic
For roaming, you could play and have any role but not be good or be the best at it. Only exception would be the classic support/shout tempest as I actually find it on par with a healer druid or even better because of boon sharing. I find tempests completely underwhelming in PvP and roaming WvW outside of the D/F weapon set compared to other classes.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

No silly D/P is not the threat but S/D and weapon swap DP thief.. The thief (daredevil trait) has daze on demand with main hard sword. The steal is trait as 20 cc with 2 more from utlity and elite. No the thief can cc you every 10 seconds if required. not including the mainhand sword. Playing against bad thieves don’t count…. play against a full time wvw roamer/ESL thieves and we can chat. They have crazy regen and clears on evade.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

We have had confirmation

To bring it back to thread topic, its worth noting that Roaming isn’t necessarily a supported style of play. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, but 1v1 duels aren’t exactly the focal point of the wvw gamemode. Whatever roles the ele has in pvp will likely translate to small group havokittenil you get to zerg sized numbers, where ele takes on its large number roles.

Fishsticks

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

No silly D/P is not the threat but S/D and weapon swap DP thief.. The thief (daredevil trait) has daze on demand with main hard sword. The steal is trait as 20 cc with 2 more from utlity and elite. No the thief can cc you every 10 seconds if required. not including the mainhand sword. Playing against bad thieves don’t count…. play against a full time wvw roamer/ESL thieves and we can chat. They have crazy regen and clears on evade.

Not a threat? Yes. He wasn’t able to bring down my HP to below 50% that whole 15 minutes with my 2.5k armor. My point was having an in-demand daze completely destroys overloads thus lowering your actual DPS which is why I failed to kill him multiple times. He was sitting at 40% most of the time and I lack that extra PBAOE skills from overload to actually finish him off. It’s pretty hard to kill a high mobility thief with just Lightning Flash and RoTL to rely on for chasing.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

Here ya go, some more 1v1 videos for your viewing pleasure:

In this video, I went to go solo a camp and got in to 3 1v1s back to back before my cooldowns could even recharge and won all 3.
http://asphyxia.tv/three-back-to-back-1v1-wins-on-elementalist/

In this video, I fought a mesmer – granted he wasn’t great, but what mesmer really is? Its just a cheese class with all the stealth lol.
http://asphyxia.tv/my-elementalist-vs-mesmer-1v1/

All of that on a build I’ve been testing on my ele where I am running marauder/zerk/cav and cele weapons. Build here: http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-elementalist-marauder-variant/

But I suppose you could continue to venture to say that every person I beat in a 1v1 is just bad and continue not admitting that the build is solid and keep dodging 1v1ing me yourselves lol.

(edited by XTR.9604)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

I play vs Condi Thief….he put blind on you evry 10 sec you can remove 4 condi evry 40 sec so try to remove conditions with elementalist from Traits is onlt the new Diamnd Skin that you remove a condition only when you get struck and that happens when you are hit criticaly and if the enemy is on CONDITION damage when is will actually remove conitions —-NEVER-— and btw that happen if you are above 75% of youre life. yes i know we have a heal skill that remove coniditions but when i do that i can do anything else for about 5 sec +. Did anyone want to say how many CONDI cleanse a DRUID have…..aloooot. A mesmer make me Moa for 2 times in a row and try to remove condi when you cant.

Clearly your build is bad or you don’t know how to play it if you have ANY issues with condi on an ele. Again, see my build if you want to learn anything.

Every time aura is applied, you grant yourself and allies protection, regeneration and vigor. Every time you grant regeneration, you clear a condition.

Run the 3 utility skills that give auras, theres 3 condition clears. Every overload gives you an aura, thats another 4 condition clears. Dagger air 3 clears another, warhorn earth 4 clears another, water 5+3 combo clears another, also if you are running the trait to clear a condition when attuning to water. How much more cleanse do you need???? That is 11 condition clears with very little cooldown and you have diamond skin on top of it clearing a condition every second when you’re above 75% hp.

If you can’t stay above 75% hp fighting a condi class with all of that at your disposal, I don’t know how to help you anymore…

(edited by XTR.9604)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

As a classic D/D I can sustain most fights power res a guy in a 2v5. I know but I used to be able to 12k fire grab with 8k burns over 6 seconds in fire off hands. They nerfed arcane anf fire need to bring it back. My fight consist most 1v3s you can ask Asphyxia we were winning 2v4 and 2v5s till some kitten start fring cannons on us that 3-5 more guys came and you know. The point is wtb more vigor and burst as a retro D/D not a tempest.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

I use durability runes I can stack 14-21 mights with no issues. Even with fire/water/arcane I can perm up keep protection in battle in 1v1s. But the point is I can’t kill thieves fast enough, they can reset or play keep away forever. I think we need perm 33% speed trait somewhere.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I can see how this thread’s subject may have eluded you from the unclear title, but since you aren’t really adding anything, why not take your opinion to a thread where people are actually asking for your opinion on WvW?

Nope didn’t elude me at all, sometimes I like to give silly answers to silly questions and silly responses. I’m sure you’ve heard a saying along those lines.

Regardless atm blobbing is the trend, something I don’t enjoy, which you will have to take into consideration at some point when venturing out whatever you plan to do. This and Mesmer/thieves is in my opinion the biggest deciding factor in what you run, who you run with and what you do as an ele in WvW.

(edited by apharma.3741)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

I play vs Condi Thief….he put blind on you evry 10 sec you can remove 4 condi evry 40 sec so try to remove conditions with elementalist from Traits is onlt the new Diamnd Skin that you remove a condition only when you get struck and that happens when you are hit criticaly and if the enemy is on CONDITION damage when is will actually remove conitions —-NEVER-— and btw that happen if you are above 75% of youre life. yes i know we have a heal skill that remove coniditions but when i do that i can do anything else for about 5 sec +. Did anyone want to say how many CONDI cleanse a DRUID have…..aloooot. A mesmer make me Moa for 2 times in a row and try to remove condi when you cant.

Clearly your build is bad or you don’t know how to play it if you have ANY issues with condi on an ele. Again, see my build if you want to learn anything.

Every time aura is applied, you grant yourself and allies protection, regeneration and vigor. Every time you grant regeneration, you clear a condition.

Run the 3 utility skills that give auras, theres 3 condition clears. Every overload gives you an aura, thats another 4 condition clears. Dagger air 3 clears another, warhorn earth 4 clears another, water 5+3 combo clears another, also if you are running the trait to clear a condition when attuning to water. How much more cleanse do you need???? That is 11 condition clears with very little cooldown and you have diamond skin on top of it clearing a condition every second when you’re above 75% hp.

If you can’t stay above 75% hp fighting a condi class with all of that at your disposal, I don’t know how to help you anymore…

Probally you miss some math here as i said before if that thief put perma blind on you and you have 11 cleans thas ok but those cleans are not coming all togheter, i dont know on wich server are you palying but in the end all elementalist i ask to beat this condi thiefs or mesmers they all lose evry fight trying aagain and again. you have lots of cleans but you will sacrifice other for all those and thief is have the optin to interupt you to get invis etc….im not saying that Thief is not ok to be made for this fight but when a thief is killing you in 3 sec and yes 3 sec is the time and is still invisibile then you put in the mind of new players to wvw what they will comment,, guild wars 2 is full of hackers and cheater someting invisibile kill me’’ mesmer is making me MOA and i dont have any options to use any of those cleans …once im back dang mesmer is making me MOW again from the skill that refresh his skill in 1 sec so again coniditons on me and i cant do nothing.
i ressist in fight but at one point you will end up by not having enaf damage and no cleans and healing will not be enaf…..i said under 75% because is usefull to have that trait condition will get remove only when you will be hit by a critical damage and if a thief or a mesmer is full condi you will get hit by a critical damage NEVER.
ps: loking again at your comment please all from US server are using meta builds i can see you in youtube all.

I don’t know what server you’re on, but I’ve proven time and time again that my ele doesn’t have a problem fighting condi players or any players for that matter. I’ve still only lost 1v1 to one person on my ele build and it is to a good friend who plays a power Revenant, we play together almost every day and have for about 2 years now, so he knows how I play.

I’ve fought and embarrassed countless Necromancers, Thieves and Mesmers. I have left my challenge open to all comers for a long time to 1v1 me and try it out. I’ve made people rage log because their zerker warriors ended up Eviscerating me for 500 damage even on my Marauder build lol…

You’re simply underestimating the Elementalist because it has one of the highest skill caps to play well. Sure you can just button mash on any class and be effective, but it isn’t going to win you 1v1s against players who have any idea what they’re doing like me. The only people I’ve seen win 1v1s against good players are condi mesmers, because you literally can just button mash and stack up so much confusion on people lol. I had 35 stacks of confusion on me fighting one a couple days ago, granted I cleared it almost immediately and still won my fight – but that is a little obnoxious lol.

As I said above, my 1v1 challenge is always open, you can meet me in my guild hall or in WvW if you’re on an enemy server and I’ll happily show you how Ele should be played.

(edited by XTR.9604)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

This … Only the condi mesers are a real problem…. Sadly they are OP in WvW roaming and i guess A-Net has no clue to fix that because they dislike to saden all those mesmer oportunists …

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

This … Only the condi mesers are a real problem…. Sadly they are OP in WvW roaming ..

And rolling your face across the keyboard on cele ele one of the most broken OP combos the game has ever seen, to the point they eventually gave up trying to balance it in PvP and simply removed it, isn’t OP, okay…

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

This … Only the condi mesers are a real problem…. Sadly they are OP in WvW roaming ..

And rolling your face across the keyboard on cele ele one of the most broken OP combos the game has ever seen, to the point they eventually gave up trying to balance it in PvP and simply removed it, isn’t OP, okay…

They removed it because they couldn’t seem to figure out how to bring it in line with the other stat combos. I’ve also fought other Cele ele’s on my cele ele and beat them because they don’t know what they’re doing. You can’t just faceroll be good at the game on it against players that know what they’re doing.

OP, no – strong, yes. OP is a PU condi mesmer that can throw 35 stacks of confusion on me in 2 seconds and be as tank as a PTV player because they can run dire and the only stat that matters with condition damage is just that, condition damage. Where as power has 3 things that matter to maximize damage, power, precision, ferocity. OP is Dire armor, not Celestial. Celestial is strong, yes. Dire is OP.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Everyone knows roamers are carried by their stats.

Bad Elementalist

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

zinkz.7045

I’ve also fought other Cele ele’s on my cele ele and beat them because they don’t know what they’re doing

And a better condi mes beats a not so good condi mes.

no – strong, yes.

No dear, broken OP, which is why they removed it from PvP, way too much sustain for the amount of the damage it has, much too forgiving and way too easy to be effective on.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

I’ve also fought other Cele ele’s on my cele ele and beat them because they don’t know what they’re doing

And a better condi mes beats a not so good condi mes.

no – strong, yes.

No dear, broken OP, which is why they removed it from PvP.

Again, they removed it from PvP because they couldn’t figure out how to balance it.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

Everyone knows roamers are carried by their stats.

Everyone also knows that zerglings are carried by their zergs. :p

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

zinkz.7045

Again, they removed it from PvP because they couldn’t figure out how to balance it.

And? They couldn’t balance it because it is OP, too much damage for the amount of sustain it gives on ele, too forgiving and way too easy to be effective on, it is OP as hell.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

@zinkz, I also don’t even run Celestial anymore. It is a very strong armor set, but ultimately it has too much of unnecessary stats that are better used in other places.

This is my latest setup: http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-elementalist-marauder-variant/

I run Marauders armor, cele weapons, 3 zerk trinkets, 3 cav trinkets and Durability runes now. It is stronger than my cele build, so is it OP too?

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

cele ele was never over the top in wvw though? It was strong in pvp because it was a point-defending game where enemies had to sit in most of your burn damage while you casually gained 25 stacks of might.

Bad Elementalist

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

@zinkz, I also don’t even run Celestial anymore. It is a very strong armor set, but ultimately it has too much of unnecessary stats that are better used in other places.

This is my latest setup: http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-elementalist-marauder-variant/

I run Marauders armor, cele weapons, 3 zerk trinkets, 3 cav trinkets and Durability runes now. It is stronger than my cele build, so is it OP too?

page broke so quoting my last post

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

zinkz.7045

…so is it OP too?

Just the Durability runes.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

cele ele was never over the top in wvw though? It was strong in pvp because it was a point-defending game where enemies had to sit in most of your burn damage while you casually gained 25 stacks of might.

In PvP it was strong and it needed nurfed, but it didn’t need removed. They could have dropped each stat by 10-15 points and it would have been fine.

As far as in WvW, celestial isn’t OP. It is a strong stat combo to run on Guardians and Elementalists, but it isn’t the “best” combination for any given thing. It is just a really well rounded stat combo that allows you to be a “true hybrid” and utilize the full potential of a class. Celestial is certainly good on ele and guardian, I’ve run it on both and my guardian runs Celestial for roaming and group play. Even my Engineer has a celestial set and is pretty good in it.

I don’t feel that cele is op at all, it is just well rounded. In PvP, they could have fixed it, but it was easier for them to just drop it completely than deal with people complaining about the nurf.

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

In PvP it was strong and it needed nurfed, but it didn’t need removed. They could have dropped each stat by 10-15 points and it would have been fine.

As far as in WvW, celestial isn’t OP. It is a strong stat combo to run on Guardians and Elementalists, but it isn’t the “best” combination for any given thing. It is just a really well rounded stat combo that allows you to be a “true hybrid” and utilize the full potential of a class. Celestial is certainly good on ele and guardian, I’ve run it on both and my guardian runs Celestial for roaming and group play. Even my Engineer has a celestial set and is pretty good in it.

I don’t feel that cele is op at all, it is just well rounded. In PvP, they could have fixed it, but it was easier for them to just drop it completely than deal with people complaining about the nurf.

I think they dropped celestial because most classes that used condi damage used it. They could of just nerfed burn uptime and might stacks and i would of been fine.

Bad Elementalist

Elementalist role in wvw

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

I play every single variation of d/d ele in wvw or spvp. You can’t spvp as a d.d ele but I can still wvw… I’ve been playing since beta and since Guild wars in June 2005. D/D ele is fine but they had to nerf it to define ele. So please give us some off hand dagger cd reductions and maybe some more fun in arcane and fire tree. Most of you old school eles fought me in spvp ranks from 2013 or the recent silly you must play tempest in legendary league. Ele is ok .. you might not win but you can always leave a 1v1 or even a 1v2-3-4-5 Unless you get hit with 3 cc and 2 sets of imob. I’m forced touse sigil of energy for extra dodges it’s fun. You need around at least 13.5k hp, 1.7k tough , close to 2k power, 27% crit base no food or other buffs and 600-800 healin power. Durabilty Rune with fire water arcane or air water arcane. In fire use retro build bottom, top and bottom. If you are using air use Top, bottom and bottom. If you are fight out numbers over 5 like a team 5v9 or 10 v 17 use fresh air. The cc air would neat most thieves including SD. if you play conservatively even fire build with burst down SD. You can try to burst down a PU but if you feel that you are unsuccessful just attune to water and dodge roll out that’s around 4-5k heal. RUN LIKE A BUNNY~ The vigor nerf in arcane line is what killed ele and everyone since hot update became an ele style buff bot but with with more damage, hp, armor, ccs, escape skills and shorter cool downs. Being an ele is easy but being an ele that can fight off every build is hard. It’s case per case certain builds are design to instant kitten your ele and while you can run from that heal in 4 seconds and face kitten your opponent in wvw ….. another guy jumps you and gg. This class require lots of love …. how many people still play core ele you can see in wvw. Also eat mango pies nice extra vitality and healing. Anet is not balancing as well as they used to… one hand hard buffs warrior and condi profession and the other nerfs like an angry mistress.

Warrior burst healing on f1 skills are not buffs but is a skil trait that can not be removed or boon corrupt …. so OP. Can we have some thing like that in fire trait like stacking 3 burns will allow an ele to pull a rabbit out of your opponent’s rump dealing 3k damage and 2 seconds of random condition damage.

Elite skills like FGS needs to be rework like make the skin look better. I know no one wants to fix it… but just make it look nicer we can pretend its a buff.

Glyph of Elementals needs to be cuter since again no buffs would be given. Just give us little elemental animals. Eg: a fire kitten, water puppy, air bunny and an earth lamb. That would make us play better and we’d be happy until the next nerf.